Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,590 members, 7,975,312 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 09:44 PM

How To Lose A Guy That Wont Just Understand That Its Over - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Lose A Guy That Wont Just Understand That Its Over (830 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of This? I Cant Just Understand. / 8 Things In A Guy That Have Prompt Many Ladies To Offer Their Body Cheap For Him / How To Make Him Understand That I'm Not Interested? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Lose A Guy That Wont Just Understand That Its Over by Esanbabe1: 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2010
Hiya guys, I have got this friend who has been seeing this guy for over 5 years. However, for the last 3 years of the relationship she has been trying to break up with the dude but he seems to shut down everytime she walks out. He uses self pity and constant harrassment. e.g, everytime she breaks up with him her phone, her younger brother's phones, alll her friends phones are constantly ringing with the guy begging all who can listen to talk to her. This tactics usually does the trick and she gets back with him.

I had a heart to heart talk with her and to be honest the girl is completely unhappy. She doesnt love him anymore, she is completely void of any affection apart from pity towards the guy. She has encouraged him to cheat, go out and find other girls and has even tried to set him up with girls that are actually begging for the guys affection (the guy is so fit), but all to no avail. She is tired of pitying him, she wants to get married to a man she loves and respects and not one where the affection is one sided. The fact is that she isn't cheating, hasn't been seeing anyone else but she wants her life back. Now he is stalking her and acting like a crazed person.

I used to feel so sorry for the guy (actually thought she was quite mean) till i spent couples of weeks in her house. I actually got so angry with the guy, I mean if not for anything but for pride sake move on. He kept calling my phone and begging me to talk to her, I tried to make him understand but lie lie the guy no gree oh. The begging and all is so embarrasing, if it was my brother I would have arranged guys to beat the life out of him. I told them both that nobody and i mean nobody is worth this kind of obsession and madness. There is a great and beautiful lady out there for him, if only he can let go he will find that person

Guys what do u think, should she out of pity get back with him, is it okay to marry someone u don't love or respect just because the clock is thinking (she is 25) like people have been advising her. Are there suggestions on how she can completely cut ties.
Re: How To Lose A Guy That Wont Just Understand That Its Over by Luvties(m): 11:38pm On Nov 08, 2010
Your friend didn't tell you what really went wrong, she knows the solution to the problem.

I guess she charmed the guy.
Re: How To Lose A Guy That Wont Just Understand That Its Over by mykali(m): 12:03am On Nov 09, 2010
She's been pitying him for 3 years? Then She ain't serious about leaving.

Dump his azz and issue him a police restraint to stay away. What's so difficult?
Re: How To Lose A Guy That Wont Just Understand That Its Over by Nenum(m): 12:11am On Nov 09, 2010
Sensational write up.
'wonderment"
Re: How To Lose A Guy That Wont Just Understand That Its Over by Ikedonn(m): 9:23am On Nov 09, 2010
@ poster
Did you or you friend charm this guy? angry
Re: How To Lose A Guy That Wont Just Understand That Its Over by Esanbabe1: 9:47am On Nov 09, 2010
[Your friend didn't tell you what really went wrong, she knows the solution to the problem.

I guess she charmed the guy.]

It would have been easier if she did charm the guy, that way all she has to do is reverse the charm abi grin. Comon on a more serious note, can someone be that desperate to have a particular person that they will resort to such diabolical means. Haba, person way no like u no like u so why force it.
Re: How To Lose A Guy That Wont Just Understand That Its Over by SALady(f): 10:05am On Nov 09, 2010
Esan_babe:

Hiya guys, I have got this friend who has been seeing this guy for over 5 years. However, for the last 3 years of the relationship she has been trying to break up with the dude but he seems to shut down everytime she walks out. He uses self pity and constant harrassment. e.g, everytime she breaks up with him her phone, her younger brother's phones, alll her friends phones are constantly ringing with the guy begging all who can listen to talk to her. This tactics usually does the trick and she gets back with him.

I had a heart to heart talk with her and to be honest the girl is completely unhappy. She doesnt love him anymore, she is completely void of any affection apart from pity towards the guy. She has encouraged him to cheat, go out and find other girls and has even tried to set him up with girls that are actually begging for the guys affection (the guy is so fit), but all to no avail. She is tired of pitying him, she wants to get married to a man she loves and respects and not one where the affection is one sided. The fact is that she isn't cheating, hasn't been seeing anyone else but she wants her life back. Now he is stalking her and acting like a crazed person.

I used to feel so sorry for the guy (actually thought she was quite mean) till i spent couples of weeks in her house. I actually got so angry with the guy, I mean if not for anything but for pride sake move on. He kept calling my phone and begging me to talk to her, I tried to make him understand but lie lie the guy no gree oh. The begging and all is so embarrasing, if it was my brother I would have arranged guys to beat the life out of him. I told them both that nobody and i mean nobody is worth this kind of obsession and madness. There is a great and beautiful lady out there for him, if only he can let go he will find that person

Guys what do u think, should she out of pity get back with him, is it okay to marry someone u don't love or respect just because the clock is thinking (she is 25) like people have been advising her. Are there suggestions on how she can completely cut ties.

Nobody should be in a relationship or marry the other person out of pity. Its demeaning actually. Your friend just needs to stop talking to this guy period. Avoid his calls and making appearaces where guy might potentially be.

Thing is, brutal honesty doesnt always work with guys they dont handle it very well, for some bloody strange reason when you become brutally honest that's when they want you more, its crazy.
Re: How To Lose A Guy That Wont Just Understand That Its Over by Creamish(f): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2010
mykali:

Dump his azz and issue him a police restraint to stay away. What's so difficult?

Have to say i agree wit u . . . 3 yrs no b beans . . . i cant stay wit someone i cant bare for a month . . and shez done 3 yrs undecided . . . . If shez truly fed up wit him, she needs to hold out strong and firm . . no swayin at d slightest goo-goo eyez or pestering calls . . .he'll even tually leave when he realises it over for good.
Re: How To Lose A Guy That Wont Just Understand That Its Over by johnterry4: 1:00pm On Nov 09, 2010
POSTER,

THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPENS.WHY DID UR FRIEND DATE HIM IN D FIRST PLACE AND THEN DECIDE TO MOVE ON AFTER SOME TIME.THERE WILL ALSO BE A TIME IN THAT UR FRIEND`S LIFE WHEN SHE WILL BE D ONE BEGGING A GUY TO STAY WITH HER AND SHE WOULDNT JUST LEAVE THE GUY ALONE.TELL HER TO PREPARE FOR IT COS IT WILL DEFINITELY COME.
Re: How To Lose A Guy That Wont Just Understand That Its Over by johnterry4: 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2010
IF IT WERE A GUY THAT POSTED DID WHAT UR FRIEND DID,ALL THESE WOMEN PARASITES WOULD KILL HIM .
Re: How To Lose A Guy That Wont Just Understand That Its Over by iice(f): 3:27pm On Nov 09, 2010
mykali:

Tell am oooo. 3 friggin years. People dey try sha.

(1) (Reply)

What Should You Do If Your Man Flirts Too Much With Other Girls? / If U Had A Chance To Change Your Spouse. / Help Am About To Lose My Innocence!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.