Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,313 members, 7,974,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 10:42 PM

Job Placement Competion Help - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Placement Competion Help (478 Views)

The Success Story Of Our JOB!!!!! Placement Programme(30k Average Salary) / Nationwide Job Placement By EMC {FRESH GRADUATES} / Job Placement At Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job Placement Competion Help by mmoran: 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2010
Hello, first I would like to thank you for reading this and helping me out.  I am business student in the US and I am working on a Social Endeavour project for one of my classes.  My research so far has not yielded too much results in the area of competition for my mock non-profit organization.  I was wondering if people could let me know how saturated or tough the competition is in Nigeria, particularly Lagos, for job placement or job training organizations.  Below I will put some examples and descriptions.  I have looked online and have found businesses but most of these places that I am finding, do not have websites for me to easily find out information about them, so I am hoping that people can help me out.  Also, how much would one expect to pay for the job finding service?  When referring to money I will assume that you are talking NGN per month unless you say otherwise.  Thanks again for the help.

Temp agencies - A business that will help find short term work for any span from weeks to months. 
Online websites - With the online websites, I am more interested in how often it is used and how likely people are to get a job from one.  Here websites are used but are heavily saturated and account for a relatively small number of jobs placed.
University Job Placement Advisers - A person on staff at an University that helps people get a job, this could just be coaching and advising, but sometimes they will actually go out and help locate job interviews for their students. Not all colleges/Universities have these, but some do and how effective are they?
Job Conferences- Pretty standard, I was able to find a few of these online, it looks like they wanted a flat fee for entering.  How effective are these, it seemed like most were just mini-training sessions and not a lot of interaction with an actual company that was hiring.

Again, this is just a list of examples, if there are more out there, please let me know.  And finally, for the third time, Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Sales Agents Urgent / Vacancy: Female Human Resource Manager Wanted / Vacancy For House Keeper/nanny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.