Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,229 members, 7,880,869 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:24 AM

Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years (34551 Views)

Portal Shut As Kwara Garment Factory Gets Over 8,000 Applications In 48 Hours / "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" / The Lady Who Searched For A Job With Placard Finally Gets A Job (Before & After) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Thickmatchcom: 7:01am On Oct 17, 2019
A young lady identified as Royalty has taken to Twitter to celebrate getting a job after five years of submitting applications in different offices.

Royalty explained that she sent over 4000 applications and almost gave up at some point, but she decided to keep pushing till she achieves her desire.

In a Twitter thread, the young lady explained that she applied for different jobs for the five years that she was jobless and got rejected every time.

Royalty further mentioned that she is excited, as she looks forward to doing great things at her job. She also advised people, who are still waiting to secure a job, to persevere till they get what they want.

See her post below;

https://thickmatch.com/lady-finally-gets-job-submitting-4000-applications-five-years/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by donstan18: 7:01am On Oct 17, 2019
People are really trying. Five fvcking years of searching for a job after five years in the university, plus a year of service That's eleven years, all because you want to work for someone.

Damn! What exactly inspires this kind of patience?

How about learning skills? Hair dressing, tailoring, etc.

Must graduates get employed before they eat or deal with their responsibilities?

The truth remains that pride is the reason why most graduates in Nigeria are struggling. Until we start hustling like we don't have certificate, it will be difficult to make it.

265 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Tampa6246(m): 7:05am On Oct 17, 2019
Never say Never....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Olalan(m): 7:06am On Oct 17, 2019
Remember the time every message I get I anticipate it's from one of the places I applied to only to be disappointed with mobile networks messages and GNLD guys

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Nwodosis(m): 7:06am On Oct 17, 2019
Please also appreciate the guy(s) that has been taking your bills for this long.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 17, 2019
4000 applications? And she couldn't even think of a good business idea to set herself up and become her own boss.

Dumb-ass.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Luckysbab: 7:25am On Oct 17, 2019
That's work experience on its own.

12 Likes

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Millennialaku(m): 7:25am On Oct 17, 2019
Shame no catch you sef

2 Likes

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Luckysbab: 7:25am On Oct 17, 2019
Nwodosis:
Please also appreciate the guy(s) that has been taking your bills for this long.

If na her papa/mama nko?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by babyfaceafrica: 7:26am On Oct 17, 2019
who was counting?

11 Likes

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Passionate888: 7:26am On Oct 17, 2019
Congrats.
Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by ehardetola(m): 7:26am On Oct 17, 2019
That's the spirit, keep pushing it... That's the spirit behind hustlers

2 Likes

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by ursullalinda(f): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2019
Five years no be joke, I really hope the pay is worth it....if not na five wasted yrs be that oh. Congrats to her
Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 17, 2019
Be self employed. The effort used in sending thousands of applications could be used in bettering yourself and setting yourself up.

Just imagine the resources you've wasted. Not to mention the number of disappointments you've faced.

And there's no guarantee that you'll like the job or last one year there.

My opinion, before some kid rushes to quote me.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by 400billionman: 7:27am On Oct 17, 2019
She was even counting it.

That's Nigeria for you.
Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by whytediamond(m): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2019
We the youths are our greatest problem we have, I mean, how can one have the time and strength of character to apply for thousands of jobs in so many years? What is wrong with learning a skill in those period that will surely guarantee you financial freedom. cry

8 Likes

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 17, 2019
Congratulations, there is nothing like persistence.

6 Likes

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by luminouz(m): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2019
Juicyjuice:
4000 applications? And she couldn't even think of a good business idea to set herself up and become her own boss.

Dumb-ass.
You are one to talk,ain't you?
Kettle calling the pot black

10 Likes

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by thundafire: 7:27am On Oct 17, 2019
Na for naija I doubt where dey 400 job u fit apply for but in develop country yes
Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Donkenny511(m): 7:28am On Oct 17, 2019
Wasted years! While waiting why can't she find a side hustle or learn a skill that can put her on her feet instead of dying to be someone employee

As somebody above me has said, pride is the problem of most graduates

#kebbolistic

3 Likes

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by ikorodureporta: 7:28am On Oct 17, 2019
Dem dey count that kind thing

1 Like

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Luckysbab: 7:28am On Oct 17, 2019
Una wey say she suppose start business, una no go ask for "something in return" if she approached you for capital?

21 Likes

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Karleb(m): 7:28am On Oct 17, 2019
Does this one know what 4,000 means?

All these embellished testimonies.

8 Likes

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by mozona(m): 7:28am On Oct 17, 2019
Juicyjuice:

Dumb-ass.

how do you set up a good biz idea when you dont have money just to start it

18 Likes

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by whytediamond(m): 7:29am On Oct 17, 2019
donstan18:
People are really trying. Five fvcking years of searching for a job after five years in the university, plus a year of service That's eleven years, all because you want to work for someone.

Must graduates get employed before they eat or deal with their responsibilities?

The truth remains that pride is the reason why most graduates in Nigeria are struggling. Until we start hustling like we don't have certificate, it will be difficult to make it.

Goes to show how mentally lazy most Nigerian youths have become. lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:30am On Oct 17, 2019
THATS WHAT WE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!! PERSISTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!! LET ME SEE THE VILLAGE PEOPLE OR WITCH THAT WILL STOP ME, WHEN YOU ARE PERSISTENT AND WITH GOD ON YOUR SIDE, SUCCESS IS SURE!!!! O SURE PAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by 400billionman: 7:31am On Oct 17, 2019
mozona:

how do you set up a good biz idea when you dont have money just to start it

Money is not the most important item in starting a business. Money is paper value.

The invisible aspect of a business is the experience, expertise and knowledge of the entrepreneur. That is what will keep a business going.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Xcelinteriors(f): 7:31am On Oct 17, 2019
donstan18:

Exactly what I was about saying

2 Likes

Re: Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years by Valwezzy: 7:31am On Oct 17, 2019
4k times?

Who actually took record of the number of times to arrive at that significant figure?

Congratulations to her though!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N-Power: For Those Who Missed The First Test! / How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.