Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,102 members, 7,880,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:10 PM

Cross River Government Seals First Bank Offices In Cross River Over N211m Tax - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cross River Government Seals First Bank Offices In Cross River Over N211m Tax (12858 Views)

List Of All Opay Offices In Nigeria / Court Seals First Bank Offices In Umuahia (Photos) / HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River Government Seals First Bank Offices In Cross River Over N211m Tax by kingtoheeb: 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2019
helinues:
Good one...

First bank should pay their tax...

SMS charges, ATM charges and transfers charges , banks no dey joke with am..
There is no branch closed o, atleast I don see one wey dey open
Re: Cross River Government Seals First Bank Offices In Cross River Over N211m Tax by kingtoheeb: 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2019
Citytrend:
That tells you how greedy the Banks.
Inspite all the Bank charges.

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below in Red Letters to Chat me up. Pay On Delivery
The news na fake news o, but I go like talk about this your logo service, where I fit check your works
Re: Cross River Government Seals First Bank Offices In Cross River Over N211m Tax by wink2015(m): 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
The Cross River State Government on Wednesday, October 16, sealed virtually all First Bank offices in Calabar, the state capital and other branches in the state, following a court order through the Cross River State Internal Revenue Service (CRIRS), Brainnews report.

Reports from a Special Court (Revenue) of Cross River State order with Suit No: MSC. NO. HC/SCT/MSC/BIR/02/2019 between the Applicant (Cross River State Board of Internal Revenue) and Distrainee (First Bank of Nigeria Plc) that the Bank is owing an accumulated tax of over 211 million Naira from 2005 to 2010.

The order was signed by the erstwhile Chief Judge of Cross River State, Justice Michael Edem and Ekpo E. Archibong, the Chief Litigation Officer.

“UPON READING AND CONSIDERING the Motion Ex-parte filed and dated the 25th day of September, 2019 pursuant to the Provision of Section 104 of the Cross River State Revenue Administration Law 2011, and the inherent jurisdiction of the Court, Supported by 8 paragraphed Affidavit, 18 Exhibits and a written address, coming up before the Honourable Court this 3rd day of October, 2019.

AND AFTER HEARING S. A. Abi, Esquire, Director Legal Services (with him E. Esirah, Esquire, Senior State Counsel 1, Lillian E. Ugbong, Esquire, State Counsel 1 and Patience V. Egwu, Esquire, State Counsel 1) of Counsel for the Applicant Ex-parte, praying this Honourable Court to grant the reliefs contained on the Motion paper;

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:

(1) A WARRANT OF DISTRAIN ought to issue and is hereby issued against the Distrainee’s goods, Chattels lands, premises or plate, bonds and securities for non-payment of N211,094,450.00 (Two Hundred and Eleven Million, Ninety-Four Thousand, Four Hundred and Fifty Naira) only, being outstanding tax liability payable by the Distrainee to the Applicant under the back duty Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) deductions, Business premises, Development levy and With holding tax (Excluding Interest), liabilities for the period 2005-2010.

(2) Patience Vouda Egwu, Esquire, the Head Enforcement and Monitoring Unit of the Cross River State Internal Revenue Service, be and is hereby duly authorised to execute Warrant of Distrain against the Dstrainee’s goods, Chattels, lands, premises or place, bonds and Security for non-payment of N211,094,450.00 (Two Hundred and Eleven Million, Ninety-Four Thousand, Four Hundred and Fifty Naira) only being outstanding tax liability payable by the Distrainee to the Applicant under the back duty Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) deductions, Business premises, Development levy and With holding tax (Excluding Interest), liabilities for the period 2005-2010 until the settlement of tax liability.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED THAT:

The First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Calabar being the Distrainee shall pay the outstanding tax liability amount of N211,094,450.00 (Two Hundred and Eleven Million, Ninety Four Thousand, Four Hundred and fifty Naira) only into Cross River State Revenue Account, using Code: 1203000000/401007F and the sum of N100,000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) only is being awarded as cost.”

ISSUED AT CALABAR UNDER THE SEAL OF THE COURT AND THE HAND OF THE PRESIDING CHIEF JUDGE, THIS THURSDAY THE 3RD DAY OF OCTOBER, 2019,” the ORDER read.

https://www.brainnewsradio.com/n211m-tax-cross-river-govt-seals-first-bank-offices-in-cross-river/

If First Bank JAGA JAGA ! then Nigeria is finish

We all know too well that first bank is one of Nigeria 's premier bank.

It has been living in past glory all this past years as Zenith Bank, UBA and Guaranty Trust Bank have either outgrown them or are rubbing shoulder with first bank.

Soludo recapitalization took them to a new height during Obasanjo and Jonathan government.

I am wondering why they are still having problem.

Look at Ecobank.

They are finish !

Diamond Bank has been taken over by Access bank.

Nigeria economy is getting worse by the day.

PROF. BEN AYADE OF CROSS RIVERS STATE ! Abeg take am easy with first bank !

I know you want to build deep sea port by fire or by force !
Re: Cross River Government Seals First Bank Offices In Cross River Over N211m Tax by Vulcanheph(m): 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2019
As much as i know how much gov Ayade over taxes, I'm not sure this news is true.......
Re: Cross River Government Seals First Bank Offices In Cross River Over N211m Tax by Fantazy(m): 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2019
This money issue again!

Meanwhile,
See what this guy did after he was told about his friend's death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRk_7QrFess
Re: Cross River Government Seals First Bank Offices In Cross River Over N211m Tax by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2019
its just the Caly branch i believe, others are complying.

The caly branch is just a family business, dem all related.
Re: Cross River Government Seals First Bank Offices In Cross River Over N211m Tax by Legendguru: 7:28pm On Oct 17, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Cross River Government Seals First Bank Offices In Cross River Over N211m Tax by Peterosky(m): 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2019
kingtoheeb:
This cant be true o, which of the branches in calabar are closed, cus I still saw their usual ATM que around bogoberi ... make una dey post better thing abge[color=#006600][/color] . ... how bank no go pay tax
.It's true,I saw it yesterday, but the banks are now open.
Re: Cross River Government Seals First Bank Offices In Cross River Over N211m Tax by Peterosky(m): 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2019
onomee11:
Hmmn, the bank is open, how.true is this? I still went there this morning o.
.The information is true. I got frustrated yesterday because of this. But it's now open.
Re: Cross River Government Seals First Bank Offices In Cross River Over N211m Tax by HIPROFILE(m): 9:26pm On Oct 17, 2019
The government of this particular state would one day beg investors and businesses to return back to the state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poland Picks Nigerian Oil Over Russian, First Shipment In Nov. / 20+ Small Business Ideas For Small Towns / Help On Business Suggestion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.