Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:16 PM

Kanye West To Release New Film 'Jesus Is King': Watch The Trailer Now - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kanye West To Release New Film 'Jesus Is King': Watch The Trailer Now (332 Views)

Kanye West & Wife Bianca Spotted In Moscow, Russia (Photos) / Kim Kardashian & Kanye West To Divorce As Kim Drops $1.3M Ring / Davido To Release New Song "Chioma", Says He Misses His Wife. (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kanye West To Release New Film 'Jesus Is King': Watch The Trailer Now by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
Kanye West to Release New Film 'Jesus Is King': Watch the Trailer Now
Faithwire
written by
Tré Goins-Phillips

Entertainment mogul Kanye West has released an enigmatic trailer for his upcoming film Jesus Is King, which will accompany his highly anticipated forthcoming album of the same title.

Kanye’s trailer for the film, Jesus is King, is set to debut in select IMAX theatres on Oct. 25, features a reference to the New Testament verse Mark 1:15, which reads, “In the words of Jesus Christ, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand, repent and believe in the Gospel.’”

“As someone who attended one of West’s live listening parties for the new album, I can say that while this trailer is cryptic, it is also very reflective of the Jesus is King film,” Bean wrote. “After West played the album for everyone at a Chicago event—at the time, in late September, just the second listening party he had held—he continued to play his entire 37-minute film.”

“The entire three-or-so minute opening is the shot you see in the trailer,” he continued. “I won’t give away what happens next, but it’s pretty amazing.”

West, in recent months, has been traversing through a surprising and very public journey toward Christianity. The pastor who has been working with the famed rapper said West told him he was “radically saved” earlier this year.

“[West] said, ‘I was just under the weight of my sin and I was being convicted that I was running from God, and I knew I needed to make things right, so I came to Christ. I came out of darkness into the light,’” said Adam Tyson, pastor of Placerita Bible Church in Santa Clarita, California, where West has attended a handful of services.

As fans eagerly await the release of Jesus Is King, an album chockfull of faith-based songs and references to Christianity, West has declared he plans to only record Gospel music in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-3rvT-hJWA

West’s wife, Kim Kardashian, revealed on social media earlier this month she had been baptized while visiting her family’s homeland of Armenia. The TV personality wrote she was “so blessed” by the opportunity to be baptized alongside her children.

Source

1 Share

Re: Kanye West To Release New Film 'Jesus Is King': Watch The Trailer Now by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2019
Kanye West Releases Cryptic Trailer For His Upcoming Film 'Jesus Is King'

https://www.faithwire.com/2019/10/18/kanye-west-releases-cryptic-trailer-for-his-upcoming-film-jesus-is-king/

(1) (Reply)

Vector Accepts To Battle M.I One-on-one For N40 Million (see Video) / ‘my Menses Started 30 Minutes To My Performance’ – Artiste Shares Experience / G.worldwide Sues Kizz Daniel For 500 Mills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.