Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,714 members, 7,938,174 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:09 PM

How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot (1243 Views)

Man Gave Mechanic His Car To Repair, He Drove The Car To His Girlfriend's House. / Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers / What's The Difference Between A Car Code Reader And A Scan Tool? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by TRYGO(m): 12:10am On Oct 19, 2019
There are instances when you suddenly see the ABS light lit on your car's dashboard, and may have being wondering what exactly is/was the problem. Well, most of the reasons for the ABS light showing on the dashboard, ranges from a faulty wheel speed sensor, an open or short circuit in the ABS wire harnesses, or a faulty ABS control module/actuator. In the rare cases we've seen, a dirty wheel speed sensor tip, would prevent the sensor from receiving signals from the reluctor wheel to the ABS/ECU module, for subsequent operation.

This short video is part of a series of three part videos that demonstrates briefly how you could use a code reader, whether handheld or software based like what I used in this video, to interpret various ABS related PIDs, than spending tremendous time, troubleshooting the problem without any headway.

Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lOGtuo-qrY

Hope this helps someone facing similar problems.

Regards
Re: How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by TRYGO(m): 12:12am On Oct 19, 2019
Here's part two of the video.
The video shows the repairs being done. Sometimes, you don't need to spend a lot on simple repairs like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi9D6CKTboQ
Re: How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by Eddee(m): 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2019
Baba Trygo you run this ABS wheel sensor issue you no cc me? Me and you don finish today.

Well, just tried this - didn't work on my over-engineered German contraption. Unlucky me,I guess grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by banky3w(m): 5:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
I like the way he said 'this ABS light and tire slip whatever and something like that' grin grin grin grin grin. E funny me. I think that's traction control off light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by TRYGO(m): 9:21pm On Oct 19, 2019
Una too funny jor. My hand no learn Benz or that o!
Maybe I tried pronouncing the traction control wrongly or so?!
Re: How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by seunoj: 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2019
How do I get the software for scanning vehicles including cables connector

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Repair "Abs Light Lit On Dashboard", Using A Code Reader To Troubleshoot by TRYGO(m): 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2019
Seunoj. The softwares are available online from amazon, or at any automotive auto shop near you.

(1) (Reply)

The SSC Tuatara Shatters The World Record With A 331 MPH (533 KM/H) Speed Run / Car Without Its Usual Roof... Nothing We No Go See For Lagos! / An SS2 Student Makes A Car, Dream To Rival Innoson Motors in the nearest future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.