Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,483 members, 7,881,658 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 06:23 AM

Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS (28354 Views)

Adaeze Oshi: Nigerian Man Sold Me Into Slavery In Libya, A Stranger Rescued Me / Peace Ufuoma Busari: Oyo To Ensure Return Of Girl Put Up For Sale In Lebanon / Slavery: Tales Of Woes In Lebanon By A Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by ikwedim(m): 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2019
This would have been my story if I had not run back to Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by planetx: 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2019
This is what happens when people think money is picked on the streets abroad, just read the comments on any travel abroad story here on NL and you will see a problem not ending anytime soon. You will be seeing comments like Nigeria is terrible so anywhere is better, I guess until you find yourself in Arab slavery you will know Nigeria is paradise.

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by planetx: 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2019
Timijo:
This is very bad. And when Lebanese come to work in Nigeria, they get good jobs with good treatment.
Because you people suffer from inferiority complex and treat light skinned foreigners better than you treat your own people.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by Ngirima: 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

The victims easily spent 500k for all their travel, Visa and all.

Wasn't that enough to invest in some form of business in Nigeria?

Should the women know how to sew, build shoes, make hair, make creams and lotions, undertake some lab tests, they wouldn't be exposing themselves to such ills.

Face it, the lack of patriotism is what tempts Nigerians into situations beyond their control.

Last last una go dey alright.
[/s]
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by iRepNaija1: 1:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
This is what I don't understand: Lebanese people come to Nigeria, settle down here, most, if not all, make a lot of money--more money than a Nigerian who was born and raised in Nigeria ever could. The family building the Eko Atlantic Estate are Lebanese, some foreign restaurants are owned by them. We let all these non-Nigerians come to Nigeria and the government--and to a certain extent, average Nigerians--treat them better and give them better opportunities to succeed. On the flip side, you would never, ever see a Nigerian going these other countries--Lebanon, China, Oman, UAE--and succeeding the way these non-Nigerians succeed in Nigeria.

Instead of reacting with any semblance of anger, we're here saying "oh, that's what Lebanon does to our people" or "that's what will happen when you go there." Really? Our government doesn't even do anything to help these abused Nigerians, let alone acknowledge it. We have become so used to mistreatment that we've started turning a blind eye to it. You know what that is? It's called a defense mechanism. Because if we confronted the way we were treated, if we really examined all the terrible things that people do to us, we could finally acknowledge how miserable living in Nigeria is, how we our everyone else's doormats. Where did our pride go? What about our self-esteem? We need to learn how to put ourselves first, treat our people well, and advocate for our own self-interests abroad. I'm so tired of this.

7 Likes

Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by jaxxy(m): 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
We don’t respect each other and ur government doesn’t respect u and then u expect a foreigner and stranger to respect u? That is quite funny.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by Timijo(m): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
planetx:
Because you people suffer from inferiority complex and treat light skinned foreigners better than you treat your own people.
Bros, the use of your 2nd personal pronoun is wrong; you need to work this.
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by famouscargo4u: 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
edoairways:

Did you sister travel again?

For where? No oo.
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by ppogba: 3:11pm On Oct 19, 2019
meekah:
you did not do well since you know the truth you and possibly the father did not know much you should have at least play a positive role by making the father of the lady know the truth situation about happening down there not come here to tell us story , if you have rightly inform the father you may have stop the lady from the danger that await her in Lebanon and probably become hero for doing that, now should we fry stone for you for ur less than appropriate role

I do not need you to fry water for me for my "less than appropriate role".

I was informed after she had left.

If you have ever had the opportunity of meeting some of these people even at the planning stage, you would have known better.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by ppogba: 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2019
luminouz:

You knew but you kept quiet?

How in God's name are you being humane?

She could die there because you didn't tell the husband the truth

If you have ever had the opportunity of meeting some of these people even at the planning stage, you would have known better.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by miniziter(m): 3:54pm On Oct 19, 2019
xaggar:

The news station would react to stories of such nature better than a local one.

You mean the telephone automatically knows its coming from someone that need urgent attention?
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by Image123(m): 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
An unfortunate story of unregenerate man. Some do worse right here in Nigeria. Taking advantage of the ignorant and helpless. People need the Lord Jesus.
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by midnighter(f): 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2019
miniziter:
How was he able to have access to tvc news. Even me in Naija never fit reach them

Thats really a good question

They probably sent an undercover journalist to get her to talk

Even though she is enslaved, they will still send her to market to buy stuff and thats how she will meet the person
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by luminouz(m): 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
ppogba:

I had but I still told them the truth, so when the shiit hits the fan,they would remember a soul who wasn't afraid of telling them the truth to their faces.
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by alphaNomega: 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2019
famouscargo4u:
That was how my cousin went. At first my mum told me she has relocated to Canada. And I was like, Canada? I knew she could not meet the criteria for express entry nor have the money for student visa or tourist visa . I knew it was impossible but I kept my cool. After I argued for a while, she said she heard it was London and not Canada. I laughed so hard hysterically knowing it was a ruse. A month later she sent money yo my mum via her sis which made my mum believed she was doing fine there. She then told my mum to tell my sis to be prepared with her international passport that they needed more people there. I then enquired from her to get the phone number she called her with only to discover that it has a country code of +967. I immediately knew it is in the middle east which made me raise alarm. I later discovered that it was Oman. Oman of all places? I immediately downloaded videos of Nigerian women in penal slavery in Oman and played same to my mum with warning that she must discourage her daughter from it. Again, I warned my sis not to accede to the call again.

Most of the victims don't apply due diligence and caution before leaving, believing that the grass is always greener on the other side.

Even if you must travel abroad, *Do not go to Arab Countries* they are worst. Especially Saudi Arabia, Libya,Oman and Lebanon.

You must think Oman is a Third world country
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by alphaNomega: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
RTSC:
And then when you realise how these Lebanese bastards use Nigerian women in Nigeria, you would nearly cry.
They treat them like filth in Lagos.

Absolute Scum of the earth with zero scruples.

They undermine any system and use it for their own ends.

Do you think they came all the way from Lebanon to perpetrate such evil on our sisters on their own? Is it not your fellow Nigerians that enables them to carry out such inhumane acts? Black people are the scum of the earth!

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by meekah: 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2019
ppogba:

I do not need you to fry water for me for my "less than appropriate role".

positive response
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by famouscargo4u: 5:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
alphaNomega:

You must think Oman is a Third world country

I know what Oman is. They treat black women as slaves and use them how they deem fit.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by midnighter(f): 5:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
famouscargo4u:

I know what Oman is. They treat black women as slaves and use them how they deem fit.

Well the problem is two-fold. They are black women, yes. But a black doctor, engineer or teacher is not going to be enslaved in Saudi Arabia or Oman

Even Hausa people, as reserved as they are, are plentiful in those kind of countries because they go there and do work that has high social value. So people dont have the chance to enslave them

Somebody looking to work as a househelp or another menial work should look for a civilised country

At least oyibo people keep apologising for slavery time and time again. Arabs dont care and would love to capture more of us if we allow them

1 Like

Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by famouscargo4u: 5:29pm On Oct 19, 2019
midnighter:

Well the problem is two-fold. They are black women, yes. But a black doctor, engineer or teacher is not going to be enslaved in Saudi Arabia or Oman

Even Hausa people, as reserved as they are, are plentiful in those kind of countries because they go there and do work that has high social value. So people dont have the chance to enslave them

Somebody looking to work as a househelp or another menial work should look for a civilised country

At least oyibo people keep apologising for slavery time and time again. Arabs dont care and would love to capture more of us if we allow them

Yea, I'm yet to see any professional complain of any ill-treatment in Qatar, Kuwait and even Oman.
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by xaggar(m): 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2019
miniziter:

You mean the telephone automatically knows its coming from someone that need urgent attention?

Yes and No.
They (TVC) knows when the call is a foreign call (the number looks different). Plus, a storyline of women held against their will under servitude especially in foreign lands (lebanon) is a hot and enticing news for them. So they'll disregard yours as local and not so much of a news anyway because they are familiar with the local gists.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by midnighter(f): 6:53pm On Oct 19, 2019
famouscargo4u:

Yea, I'm yet to see any professional complain of any ill-treatment in Qatar, Kuwait and even Oman.

exactly. They even need people to go there and do those jobs
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
iRepNaija1:
This is what I don't understand: Lebanese people come to Nigeria, settle down here, most, if not all, make a lot of money--more money than a Nigerian who was born and raised in Nigeria ever could. The family building the Eko Atlantic Estate are Lebanese, some foreign restaurants are owned by them. We let all these non-Nigerians come to Nigeria and the government--and to a certain extent, average Nigerians--treat them better and give them better opportunities to succeed. On the flip side, you would never, ever see a Nigerian going these other countries--Lebanon, China, Oman, UAE--and succeeding the way these non-Nigerians succeed in Nigeria.

Instead of reacting with any semblance of anger, we're here saying "oh, that's what Lebanon does to our people" or "that's what will happen when you go there." Really? Our government doesn't even do anything to help these abused Nigerians, let alone acknowledge it. We have become so used to mistreatment that we've started turning a blind eye to it. You know what that is? It's called a defense mechanism. Because if we confronted the way we were treated, if we really examined all the terrible things that people do to us, we could finally acknowledge how miserable living in Nigeria is, how we our everyone else's doormats. Where did our pride go? What about our self-esteem? We need to learn how to put ourselves first, treat our people well, and advocate for our own self-interests abroad. I'm so tired of this.

Because they are not coming in as servants . How do we treat those Nigerien beggars?
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by Image123(m): 11:31pm On Oct 19, 2019
The point is don't be stranded or vulnerable. Bad things happen to stranded and vulnerable in this sinful depraved world. It is not about Arab or tribe. A sinner will likely sin if given the temptation to. Every man needs the Saviour.
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by iRepNaija1: 2:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
ornicus:

Because they are not coming in as servants . How do we treat those Nigerien beggars?

Shut up, self-hating fool. If you have enough money to travel abroad to work, you aren't a beggar.
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
iRepNaija1:

Shut up, self-hating fool. If you have enough money to travel abroad to work, you aren't a beggar.

Please stay off my mentions. The last thing I need is to argue with a fool that has more misplaced pride than actual sense.
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by iRepNaija1: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2019
ornicus:

Please stay off my mentions. The last thing I need is to argue with a fool that has more misplaced pride than actual sense.

You were in my mentions first, fool. You were the one who responded with a stupid question when you could've focused on yourself. Abeg, don't come at me because you're an idiot.
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by Cotton(m): 11:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
emperorblog21:
cant the FG stop issuing of visas to all dis useless country.

Olodo! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by AquariusRising: 3:40am On Oct 21, 2019
planetx:

There is a reason why foreigners get better jobs than than Nigerians in Nigeria. Look for 'THE TRUE STORY OF NIGERIA' on YouTube. It is better to download it than to stream it...it is a long documentary and you would want to keep a copy afterwards.
Re: Domestic Slavery In Lebanon: Nigerian Women In Penal Servitude Contact TVCNEWS by 1miccza: 10:46am On Jul 16, 2020
ojive:
The number of Nigerian women and girls who leave for the middle east to offer their services as domestic help has taken on a new dimension, with some reaching out to anyone who can save them from what they allege is domestic slavery.

In the last few weeks, TVC News has been on the receiving end of SOS calls from at least three victims who say their lives are in danger.

We are staying with their stories and connecting the dots to unravel the syndicate behind this criminal but lucrative enterprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i26CIx1WiI

@OP Can i post this on twitter and tag the necessary agencies?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Youths Overrun Police Station In Anambra. As Okada Man Is Killed / Avenge My Son's Death - Father Of Sleek, Singer Killed By Police In Rivers / EFCC Nabs Immigration Officer, 14 Others.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.