Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,344 members, 7,932,264 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 11:05 PM

State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) (23638 Views)

My Personal Experience At Apple Junction During Peter Obi's Rally / Uzodinma Gives Out 2,700 Phones & Cars At The Hope For Imo Concert (Pix) / See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Abagworo(m): 9:30am On Oct 20, 2019
Afam4eva:

I like how you like posting this spibat road as if that's the only road in owerri. Infact, that road is beginning to give way, so you may as well give us an updated picture of the road.
The road is beginning to give way because everywhere has been overtaken by heaps of refuse and entire drainages filled up at certain points. This is a recent picture of same road.

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by My2g: 9:40am On Oct 20, 2019
Polinek Futo Naze Timber to Egbu connecting Toronto all dead trap. IMO is messed no be small
durelob9:
what about Toronto, MCC they should just bomb this country let everyone rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Abagworo(m): 9:43am On Oct 20, 2019
Buckubuck:

How has he started well?
He's almost six months into the saddle and things are still as terrible as Rochas left them as you alluded. Should dat not ring an alarm

Okorocha did not leave anything terrible. Federal roads are bad across Nigeria and the ones in Imo are nowhere near the worst but what Ihedioha has failed to do is to maintain the Okorocha rate of development which saw Imo developing very fast in real estate, high influx of new residents, boom in hospitality business and general boom in the fashion, communications and construction industry. Within Okorocha's 8 years built up areas in Owerri multiplied by 3 and other parts of the State weren't left out. The new hospitals, Cargo Airport, high court, prisons and Police headquarters commissioned by Osinbajo in May have all been overgrown with weed and vandalized within this past 5 months. Assuming Imo had a good Governor the departments would have occupied those magnificent establishments while the old ones are demolished for free land in the heart of the city.

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by alphaNomega: 10:07am On Oct 20, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
the black man lacks leadership skills.. from Africa to Caribbean to Papua New guinea, all are S hitholes angry angry angry

You can say this everyday of the week and you wouldn't be wrong

1 Like

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by alphaNomega: 10:11am On Oct 20, 2019
Rapfrick:
oga World Bank road na small London if u want to see bad road take a trip to federal polytechnic nekede dat road also leads to futo as at 2015 transport fee from owerri to poly was 50 naira but due to bad road and fuel increment de price became 100 naira but since last year it increased to 150 naira dis morning as I was going to poly nekede from owerri baba believe it or not de fee na 500 naira even at dat price no motorist gree go dat morning cos it rained last night and students are presently writing exams

Bloody hell!
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by alphaNomega: 10:13am On Oct 20, 2019
Bigblessed:
Not even a single pic to back up the findings.

Contact the OP and you will receive enough pictures. Do you really think Nigerians make up stories about bad roads?
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Ojiofor: 10:32am On Oct 20, 2019
Harlem2:

I am sure you are typing with tears
It is well cry no more
[s]Chai.i remember when imo people dey hype this man[/s]

You mean when APC fundamentalist from sw was hyping him as the best thing after awolowo?
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by asha80(m): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2019
Abagworo:

Okorocha started work from 2011 and most of these roads have lasted till this year so there's no case of inferior anything. Everything that spoilt during his tenure including natural disaster were made headline here on Nairaland so I doubt any negative news of Okorocha is hidden.

Based on personal experience Imo is not as bad as other States presently and the issue of road is a national emergency. Right here in Port-Harcourt the East-West road has been cut off at Nkpolu for close to 8 months and also cut off at Adamark further down heading to Eleme junction. You cannot travel from Port-Harcourt to Obigbo which is just a 5km distance because of the poor State of Aba road etc. I also know it's same across Nigeria and not limited to Imo State, Anambra, Abia, Ogun, Rivers, Enugu or Kogi.
your first paragraph is just pure self deceit and lies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by asha80(m): 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
Euegene100001:
I’m currently serving in imo owerri .See that place called orji it’s complete trash once it rains u practically swim back home .Once I look up and the weather looks some how I just seat at home .Edo state Benin to be precise is like heaven were imo owerri is. The funniest thing is the current governor is busy destroying statues built by rochas instead of spending money trying to make things work again .Una ehh
which statue was destroyed?

1 Like

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2019
Abagworo:

Okorocha did not leave anything terrible. Federal roads are bad across Nigeria and the ones in Imo are nowhere near the worst but what Ihedioha has failed to do is to maintain the Okorocha rate of development which saw Imo developing very fast in real estate, high influx of new residents, boom in hospitality business and general boom in the fashion, communications and construction industry. Within Okorocha's 8 years built up areas in Owerri multiplied by 3 and other parts of the State weren't left out. The new hospitals, Cargo Airport, high court, prisons and Police headquarters commissioned by Osinbajo in May have all been overgrown with weed and vandalized within this past 5 months. Assuming Imo had a good Governor the departments would have occupied those magnificent establishments while the old ones are demolished for free land in the heart of the city.
See okorocha defender. What specific policies did okorocha initiate to bring about those developments? Why has imo state igr not improved ever since okorocha was there and why is the unemployment index still high?
Okorocha was known for building statues and that his school. Nothing else. So when did these your proclaimed miracles take place?
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by ayokellany: 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
One will be amazed the audacity with which this Tonye clown churn out the foolishness he wish to feed gullible PDP supporters with. I mean, do you as a human have no shame ? Everyone already know few kobos from the gutters n you are already drooling but you come on NL acting a saint. I have no idea to at this stage pf exposure, it is just crazy.

Champele:
My guess is this; Tonye went to Imo with his PeopleDestroyPeople cartel for burial of a member. After the burial, Emeka invite them for dinner. After the dinner, Emeka did what is normal for them 'share the money' policy. After the policy, his boys secured a good room in one of the numerous 3star hotels attracted by Rochas infrastructure regime for Tonye, With some IMSU runs girl's to service him. The next morning, Tonye felt like he just went to heaven and come back. Now, like lion approaching a goat, with his phone he need to do the needful. Your guess is as good as mine. We know how they run their game. Next time Tonye, show some pictures. You can go into some dirty street and pretend it is world Bank or Douglas road. Olodo!
TonyeBarcanista post=83284177:

Which state IGR as improved among those governed by the PDP. I rather be labelled an Okorocha defender than any the lot of PDP "lunatic" governor who turned Igboland into the shithole it is today.

Buckubuck:
See okorocha defender. What specific policies did okorocha initiate to bring about those developments? Why has imo state igr not improved ever since okorocha was there and why is the unemployment index still high?
Okorocha was known for building statues and that his school. Nothing else. So when did these your proclaimed miracles take place?

Back to his foolish ways you mean
ClitRaider:
Barcanister is back
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by ayokellany: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
So you want foolish Ihedioha that was rubbisshing Okorocha to enjoy what Okorocha built so that you can keep heaping praise ok Ihedioha ? It does not work like that Ihedioha should build his road that will last till Jesus come foryou to start enjoying immediately since Okorocha was a failure.
Sunnick:

just looking at that pic i knew the road was not going to last long... roach scam u guys

Have you said same prayer to any PDP governor on your pathetic life or it is only Okorocha that is a bad governor in the East
agamali1:
[/quote]
Keep quiet, everything that dolt barcaniste write is laced with political affliation. Why is he not writtng about Abia which the blind know is worse than Imo ? [quote author=nnamdismart25 post=83286027] bros this is not time for politics, truth ought to be told period, roads in Imo state are as bad as anything,if u come to imo state you will cry for the state.

You are a joke
I drove into Aba this morning n 12 hours am still on the to Cross River.
Aba indeed is hell on Earth
I wonder why any fool is not writting about that.
There is no single road motorable here.
It is boat and tractors that should be moving on roads here

cupidkef:

You are such a toddler
I just entered owerri this night.....
It took my vehicle 2hrs to get across ebonyi state and 4hrs to get across uturu to imo state....
World bank road is just a pot of shit
Just the way the pains of the masses of Abia will judge you or the masses n pains should not judge you foolish PDP supporters. It is should judge only those of APC n APGA ba ? The foolishness with which you PDP jerks comment on NL is fascinating.
Rapfrick:
may de cries and pain of the masses judge you

Okorocha for no let rain fall for Imo State now.
Where in the SE is not ravaged with gullies ?!

NORSYK:

This is the Imo State Okorocha handed over to Ihedioha
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Eteka1(m): 2:22pm On Oct 20, 2019
Professional sycophant.
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
Imo1stson:

Unfortunately Owerri-Okigwe is a federal road and Enugu-Onitsha isn't better than it. Rochas did well as Governor but PDP relied on early destruction to rubbish his image which has already backfired here in Imo State. Everyone wants Ihedioha out immediately and Imo restored to how it was as at May 29th. We know and have experienced the difference and as we write the level of filth in Owerri and basically every urban area in the State has reached a shameful height to an extent that even PDP members like Uche Ogbuagu have started turning against Governor Ihedioha.

A clear example is this Orji market. Anyone who visits there today like the poster won't know how it was when Okorocha handed over but at least these pictures speak volumes. We miss Rochas hooha!

God have mercy on you.
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
Imo1stson:

Stop writing thrash. Under Rochas Imo became the fastest developing State in Nigeria and the fastest growing IGR in the East so we had one if the best leaders in Nigeria. Ihedioha will definitely be removed if not by the court then mass action except he retraces his steps and starts fast rebuilding of everything he destroyed. Remember how his recovery chairman was almost burnt to death by angry youths. Imo isn't so bad presently as painted by the OP but we've lost the momentum of development experienced when Rochas was there. A visit to Imo State thread will prove the slowdown.

Rochas has really trained enough social media liars before leaving office.

Same way he used graphics on NTA with his program It is true.

Rochas is an Irredeemable disaster.
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2019
Abagworo:

Okorocha started work from 2011 and most of these roads have lasted till this year so there's no case of inferior anything. Everything that spoilt during his tenure including natural disaster were made headline here on Nairaland so I doubt any negative news of Okorocha is hidden.

Based on personal experience Imo is not as bad as other States presently and the issue of road is a national emergency. Right here in Port-Harcourt the East-West road has been cut off at Nkpolu for close to 8 months and also cut off at Adamark further down heading to Eleme junction. You cannot travel from Port-Harcourt to Obigbo which is just a 5km distance because of the poor State of Aba road etc. I also know it's same across Nigeria and not limited to Imo State, Anambra, Abia, Ogun, Rivers, Enugu or Kogi.

Are you normal at all?
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Phobia1: 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

By TonyeBarcanista

When Imo state Governor, Chief Emeka Ihedioha, was inaugurated in May 29 this year he told the people of the state that the damage done by his immediate predecessor and now senator Rochas Okorocha, was more than pathetic. I assumed that he was exaggerating the situation on ground considering that he was of different political platform with Okorocha and it is the norm of people of opposing political parties.

On Friday, October 18, I, along with delegation from PDP New Media Team, set out on a journey from Abuja to Owerri to honor the funeral of late Social Media personality, Stanley Nwabia in his hometown in Mbaitoli, Imo state.

In the course of the journey, I was welcomed to Kogi state by some terrible roads but I wasn't surprised, because I never expected to see something better than what I always see when plying that route. To me, Kogi has the worst road in Nigeria but... I was wrong!

Entering Imo state was pathetic. Every road and feeder roads in Imo state are eyesore and in complete ruin. Even the tunnel that I had blindly praised Rochas for after seeing it on TV and social media, was highly dilapidated and a death trap that every vehicle avoided except ours. The most shameful sight is World Bank Road- that road is complete ruins and not motorable. Meanwhile, the most disgraceful is the road leading to "Peoples House", this is because one ordinarily expect that such a road should be of world class but it wasn't. All the so-called road projects that Okorocha's propagandists parade on social media and newspapers are complete fraud. There is no single road in Imo state with good drainage system and no single road that is without potholes dragging space with vehicles.

Indeed, Imo state has the worst drainage system in Nigeria and no provision for waste disposal - No wonder Governor Ihedioha vowed to rid the state off dirt and waste that littered everywhere.

I have always held the opinion that Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state has no business in government house but now I'll say that he is miles better than Rochas' eight years as Governor of Imo state. I am not a fan of President Muhammadu Buhari style of administration but it is better for one to entrust his business to Buhari than to Rochas Okorocha - He is that bad!

Some readers may think I'm sounding this way because I am a PDP member, but that narrative isn't correct. I have never ceased from singing the praises of Rotimi Amaechi for some of the works he did as Governor of Rivers state, my home state despite him being of APC.

Honestly, I pity Governor Emeka Ihedioha, he is a governor that inherited all-round problem from his predecessor, he has so much work to do. He's so unlucky to be elected Governor of Imo state at this time, he is in for real work, I honestly don't envy him! But that is what service is all about, he has no other business to do than to work and deliver- that is the reason he's a leader!

Most importantly, I pity Imo people for being subjected to eight years of Okorocha, I can't help but wonder how they were able to survive under his administration. I really sympathise with Ndi'Imo!

Fortunately, Governor Ihedioha has always maintained and shown by his actions that he is ready for the challenge. Indeed, he has started well and I pray God grants him the wisdom and strength to turn Imo state around for the good, the better and the best. Amen!

I appreciate, Hon Izuchukwu Akwarandu, SA New Media to Imo state Governor, and members of his team for their hospitality; Mr Kingsley Ohen, President of United Patriots of Nigeria and entire members of UPN for always checking on me; Barr Tony Ehilebo, Coordinator of PDP New Media Team and entire members of PDP New Media Team for brotherly cohesion, and entire members of Nairaland family.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
Inioribo Tamunotonye @TonyeBarcanista,
PDP New Media Team and National Publicity Secretary, United Patriots of Nigeria

Just tell us you're now a member of the "Pdp new media" and we'll understand and not trying to rubbish one bastard for one idiot. They're d same and the blame game will continue. The bad road or bad anything else is everywhere in Nigeria. And as bad as they all are, you'll surely find somewhere good in the state. Everywhere can not be worst. I've been to that state too na and I stay for like a week and the area I visited in the state capital was okay. And that's how it is everywhere in naija. The ihedioha guy too cannot do all. He'll do small dis term and use it to campaign for his 2nd term.
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Kfed4ril(m): 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2019
Harlem2:

I am sure you are typing with tears
It is well cry no more
Chai.i remember when imo people dey hype this man

Oga no imo person hyped him o, it’s was the APC/BMO crew doing all the hype all along, whenever you see a bashing of rochas then trust it’s coming from an imo person.
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Kfed4ril(m): 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
helinues:

Lol

From Sango to Idi Iroko na dead traps roads.. But to be honest apart from blaming the past Ogun state governors, we must also blame the people there for continuing voting for people that always neglect them but remembers them during elections

Bros from Ogun to Nassarawa to cross river down to imo state same thing, the roads are bad,
Why can’t we as youth speak against of fūcking leaders, rather we praise them because they are from our region/tribe.
Bros make we end all this men they don’t mean wel for the country at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leadership Crisis Stalling Negotiation For Chibok Girls’ Release- PMB / Where is Former Vp: Namadi Sambo? / Dino Melaye Mocks President Buhari On Live TV Over Order On Ballot Box Snatchers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.