Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,930 members, 7,872,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:19 AM

Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 (773 Views)

More Pictorial Confirmation Of APC Shameless Act That Land Inec Official into tr / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum / Nigeria's Population Now 168m, Hits 221m In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 09, 2010
[size=18pt]Nigeria needs N6.7 tr to join 20 top economies in 2020 [/size]

TO fix the infrastructure of the nation that could prepare it to join the 20 topmost economies in the world by 2020, the Federal Government will need an investment outlay of about N6.7 trillion within the next four years.

This was disclosed yesterday in Abuja by the Minister of National Planning Commission, Shamsudeen Usman, at the opening of a four-day conference of the Association of Consulting Engineers of Nigeria (ACEN).

The minister, who was represented by the Director on Infrastructure in the ministry, Olugbenga Adegun, said the huge resources would not be provided solely by the government, saying there were efforts at sourcing part of them from the private sector and as well as Nigerians in the Diaspora.

He said government was working assiduously to achieve the Vision 20:2020 policy, explaining that the first national medium term plan would last from 2010 to 2013. Also, the various gas policies initiated by the Goodluck Jonathan administration are being aggressively pursued in a sustainable manner that will soon guarantee stable supply of power to Nigerians as well as manufacturers, the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke has said.

The minister who spoke yesterday in Abuja at the Seventh International Gas Conference and Exhibition of the Nigerian Gas Association (NGA) while delivering a keynote address entitled: “Strategies for the successful implementation of gas sector policies,” explained that the commercial framework of the new gas pricing regimes for gas to power and gas to the manufacturing industry, had resulted in an influx of investors into the gas sub-sector.

Usman insisted that the first step in the plan of the vision was what the government was implementing, saying: “We are envisaging an investment outlay of N6.7 trillion in infrastructure and the money is not only going to come from the government, but the private sector and Nigerians in Diaspora, all over the world in form of foreign direct investment or otherwise.”
According to him, Nigeria needs the assistance of developed nations to succeed in its quest to achieve infrastructural development.

His words: “We need augmentation from abroad, everywhere all over the world to assist us in national development; no nation in the world can generate all the resources for development. I said all the nations that have made it in the world devote a substantial amount of their budget to Research and Development (R&grin) and we are working towards that too. R&grin must come to the front burner as a priority for development. If you look at the national plan, we have what we called knowledge-based economy.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28611:nigeria-needs-n67-tr-to-join-20-top-economies-in-2020&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 09, 2010
If Nigeria is still a country by then:

Arewa Rep.
Biafra
Odua
etc

wink wink

Usman insisted that the first step in the plan of the vision was what the government was implementing, saying: “We are envisaging an investment outlay of N6.7 trillion in infrastructure and the money is not only going to come from the government, but the private sector and Nigerians in Diaspora, all over the world in form of foreign direct investment or otherwise.”

I like the way everyone seems to ignore the looting of our politicians plus their over pay. Imagine a politician loosing millions of Nairs from 6 months suspension.
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by invisible2(m): 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

If Nigeria is still a country by then:

Arewa Rep.
Biafra
Odua
etc

wink wink

I like the way everyone seems to ignore the looting of our politicians plus their over pay. Imagine a politician loosing millions of Nairs from 6 months suspension.

People are doing something, remember the man who rushed obj at the airport yesterday, others are scared stiff while others ran away entirely, prefaringt to hide behind a monitor and give orders.
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by Mruzoh1: 1:01am On Nov 10, 2010
invisible!:

People are doing something, remember the man who rushed obj at the airport yesterday, others are scared stiff while others ran away entirely, prefaringt to hide behind a monitor and give orders.

tell us more about the man who rushed obj. what happened?
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by Nobody: 3:07am On Nov 10, 2010
invisible!:

ROTFL. grin grin grin

While others are behind computer clamoring for wars grin grin
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by aljharem(m): 3:10am On Nov 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

ROTFL. grin grin grin

While others are behind computer clamoring for wars grin grin

yes arewa republic is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no one is clamouring for war, we northerners just want to leave in peace(leaving with lagos,abuja, ebonyi, rivers, kwara, kogi) cool
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 10, 2010
^^^ Plz bye bye. grin
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by na2day(m): 3:17am On Nov 10, 2010
Was MONEY ever our problem?  angry
You mean more money for the politicians to steal!
Lets deal with mediocre governance, corruption and tribalism
and we will get there with what we have now by 2015!
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by aljharem(m): 3:22am On Nov 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

^^^ Plz bye bye. grin
ileki-idi
u are also coming with me, to be my first wife(head wife) wink kiss angry

i hope u love the way we roll in the north

leave this yoruba men alone angry
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by Nobody: 3:23am On Nov 10, 2010
na2day!:

Was MONEY ever our problem?  angry
You mean more money for the politicians to steal!
Lets deal with mediocre governance, corruption and tribalism
and we will get their with what we have now by 2015!
GBAM! GBAM! GBAM!

It's like they always always avoid to talk about corruptness between them. . . .anytime they talk about the development of Nigeria, these same politicians leave out the critical problem; corruption.

alj harem:

ileki-idi

I said "bye bye". I will support you and your movement. I'd even help you pack your pots and clothes wink
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by koruji(m): 3:24am On Nov 10, 2010
alj harem:

ileki-idi

ROFL grin
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by aljharem(m): 3:33am On Nov 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I said "bye bye". I will support you and your movement. I'd even help you pack your pots and clothes wink

so do u agree to come with me wink kiss

we northerners are very affectionate and true to our words, we never lie to our women wink wink kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by Nobody: 3:53am On Nov 10, 2010
Do you have anything tangible to add to this thread?
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by aljharem(m): 3:57am On Nov 10, 2010
quiet woman angry wink

i said u would be my first wife(1)
but for ur punishment i demote u to second wife subject to ur reaction in the room, i might change my mind undecided angry

allah bless this union wink
Wannan albarka aure
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by koruji(m): 5:26am On Nov 10, 2010
alj harem:

quiet woman angry wink
i said u would be my first wife(1)
but for your punishment i demote u to second wife subject to your reaction in the room, i might change my mind undecided angry
allah bless this union wink
Wannan albarka aure

Not funny at all - if you were trying to be funny!
Re: Nigeria Needs N6.7 Tr To Join 20 Top Economies In 2020 by chiegemba(f): 5:36am On Nov 10, 2010
How about startin d procedure within. . . . besides charity begins @ home undecided

(1) (Reply)

Akinegba:if YouSay Pastor Adeboye Support Injustice Againstyoruba,God Disgree NO / Atiku Risks Jail Term Over Zoning? / Deal That Sealed Bankole’s Return Ticket--he Begged Obj?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.