Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,740 members, 7,908,872 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 01:28 PM

Is Nigieria Moving Forward? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigieria Moving Forward? (819 Views)

Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / VP Osinbajo Meets With China's Ambassador To Nigieria, Mr. Gu Xiaojie / The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigieria Moving Forward? by MrSwizzy(m): 11:50pm On Nov 09, 2010
Seriously, do you think/feel Nigeria is moving forward?
Do you personaly feel developments?

Share your opinons!
Re: Is Nigieria Moving Forward? by Mruzoh1: 12:48am On Nov 10, 2010
Yes I feel Nigeria is going forward.

It depends on the aspect you're coming from.

If I look back in the past, I see a lot of development.

Let me enlighten:

Talking about development, it must not necessarily come
from the activities of the Government. Self development
contributes to enhance National development.
Re: Is Nigieria Moving Forward? by jason12345: 1:37am On Nov 10, 2010
yes, nigeria is moving forward!

before i left naija, we have already started using internet on our phones.

our entertainment industry is the best in africa and even better than the uk's

i believe all we need is to remove our corrupt leaders and we would be fine!!! ( yoruba, igbo or hausa, we are one. we are not going to form any utopian state if we separate. fact!)

GOD BLESS EVERY ONE! smiley
Re: Is Nigieria Moving Forward? by Mruzoh1: 1:46am On Nov 10, 2010
jason12345:

i believe all we need is to remove our corrupt leaders and we would be fine!!! ( yoruba, igbo or hausa, we are one. we are not going to form any utopian state if we separate. fact!)

Thats correct too!
Re: Is Nigieria Moving Forward? by naijaway(m): 2:42am On Nov 10, 2010
I think Nigeria is crawling/rolling forward but the aim is to speed up so that it can gain momentum and fly upward and then forward. If the combustion system has a lot of dirt/soot that can affect its heat transfer another analogy would be if the spark plugs are really dirty that can affect the momentum of the car and am talking serious dirt here but we are looking at the tire which can also affect the momentum but we are having an engine problem because we didn't take care of the dirt first.
Is not a race with others is just that we can do way better than other if the culture or foundation are there.

If we were a car :
*We should definately focus on the basics eg affordable light and water - which is the accelerator pedal, the seat, and battery
*We should definately determine to be less corrupt ie padi padi jump line moves - which is the radiator, engine horsepower/type and condition.
-people being arrested for corruption - is the equivalent of servicing the car when due.
-removal of traditional chiefs/thiefs whom are not voted in because of some strange theory - is that dirt/soot in the engine that is hindering the car from accelerating.
*We should definately take good care of our educational system especially from ss3(mass cheating) and up(cultism) - because that is our transmission system.
*We should get our police to be respectful, respected and accountable - that is our car registration, emissions, and whatever car rules in any game we participate.
*We should get our land laws straightened out more and promote residency without fear of ethnicity or religion - which are the tires that move the car.

etc

We don't need state federalism or watever, we need accountable centralism of the federation and some state freedom in terms of innovating and needs, definately not natural resources control.
Re: Is Nigieria Moving Forward? by mensdept: 2:48am On Nov 10, 2010
jason12345:

Naija is moving 3 steps forward, and 2 1/2 giant steps backwards

We can't manufacture and export Naija made phones around the world

Our "entertainment" industry is what? Bootleg films from Nollywood? I guess that leaves you with the musicians that are attending Ohakim's 2nd term dark age announcement (Nigga Raw, Flavour lol)

Removal of corrupt and even complacent leaders is the only point that you got it right.
Re: Is Nigieria Moving Forward? by Mruzoh1: 2:54am On Nov 10, 2010
mens dept:

Our "entertainment" industry is what? Bootleg films from Nollywood? I guess that leaves you with the musicians that are attending Ohakim's 2nd term dark age announcement (Nigga Raw, Flavour lol)

Removal of corrupt and even complacent leaders is the only point that you got it right.

funny and reality!
Re: Is Nigieria Moving Forward? by jason12345: 3:09am On Nov 10, 2010
mens dept:

you have a point

i think with constant power supply, the economy would grow by itself. we have to sort this out first!
Re: Is Nigieria Moving Forward? by Nobody: 3:20am On Nov 10, 2010
men's dept said:

Unduly harsh I'd say. Your points are not really saying much.

How many countries on earth really ''manufacture and export phones around the world''?

Only a handful of countries.

And, dismiss Nollywood all you like, but most countries would give an arm and a leg to be home to a $400 million a year movie industry, the world's third largest, with the attendant positive impact on their economy and international standing.

We have moved forward in many ways.

We now have a genuinely indigenous car manufacturing industry in the country (INNOSON). We have the fastest rate of construction in the world after China and India, (and set to surpass them to become THE fastest) See:http://www.africagoodnews.com/infrastructure/infrastructure-finance/1135-construction-in-nigeria-to-become-worlds-fastest-growing-.html

and an economy that's growing at 7.4% per annum, among the fastest in the world. Why not look at THESE as signs of progress. Fact is if all you wish to see is negatives, it's all you'll see.

Cheers.
Re: Is Nigieria Moving Forward? by Mruzoh1: 3:28am On Nov 10, 2010
ROSSIKE:

men's dept said:

How many countries on earth really ''manufacture and export phones around the world''?

We now have a genuinely indigenous car manufacturing industry in the country (INNOSON). We have the fastest rate of construction in the world after China and India, (and set to surpass them to become THE fastest) See:http://www.africagoodnews.com/infrastructure/infrastructure-finance/1135-construction-in-nigeria-to-become-worlds-fastest-growing-.html

and an economy that's growing at 7.4% per annum, among the fastest in the world. Why not look at THESE as signs of progress. Fact is if all you wish to see is negatives, it's all you'll see.

Cheers.

thank you!
Re: Is Nigieria Moving Forward? by mensdept: 3:45am On Nov 10, 2010
ROSSIKE:

men's dept said:

And, dismiss Nollywood all you like, but most countries would give an arm and a leg to be home to a $400 million a year movie industry, the world's third largest, with the attendant positive impact on their economy and international standing.

Cheers.

Mr. Man, your points even say less.

How many countries do you see people scrambling to on generators just to stay cool?
How many countries do you see police officers collecting N20 on roads just to feed their pikin?
How many countries do you see the gov't awarding former dictators and their children life pension? Along with Senate president and deputy (Even when they were found to have embezzled ?)

Those "handful" of countries that you say are those that Nigeria can't even beat in soccer, not to talk of technological know-how.

For Nollywood, So far, I have not seen any country give what you refer to as an "arm and leg" support to them, instead we see Jim Iyke helping us distinguish between "Original" copy and "Fake" Copy. There hasnt been any significant change in our films for nearly 30 years, whereas other countries that are not superior to us in nature have advanced to 3D, Blue Ray, and yes, action films (compared to the Drama-only movies we do).

So yes, we have progressed small. That I'll dash you.

Why we have low expectations is a shame, when we are capable of doing better.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Obahiagbon Calls Fellow Honourables, “legislative Rascals” / Strangerf And His Fake Story / President Jonathan Can’t Contest On Pdp’s Platform – Ben Obi Interview Jan 2, 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.