Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,183 members, 7,884,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 01:29 AM

I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? (11867 Views)

Cameroonian Man Excited As He Relocates From Poland To Nigeria For Better Life / Lebanese Flee Crisis At Home To Seek Better Life In Africa / 12 Beautiful Resorts In Nigeria Where You Can Enjoy Your Honeymoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Beautyaddy: 8:34pm On Nov 16, 2019
dru23:

You are risk taker.. Me can never do it .. If something happens to my kids ,I will never forgive myself.. My major concerns are the medical facility in Nigeria.. It is the worse of the worse.. But each to his own ,

lol!...People that live abroad but allowed their kids to school in Nigeria did it so that the kids could get acclimatized with the culture and language in Nigeria. Most of those kids already have dual Citizenships and will be on the first flight back to abroad if any sickness or unpleasant conditions happens to them.

Mind you most of those kids will mostly spend high school in Nigeria but will fly back to abroad for University.

Don't let any pessimistic, sadist discourage you from fulfilling your dreams to get out of Nigeria once you have the chance to do so.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by thebigkendo(m): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
radautoworks:

1. Agreed but a lot of the US is the same. Only the metropolitan cities have excellent roads.
2. B.S. when people get jobs, they act like you owe them a favor. Poor work ethic in general. It's like "oh...I have to work for this pay..?" If jobs were that hard, people would value them. With the exception of rad auto works, the employees at my other companies' work ethic astounds me on a daily basis. I just no get their time at the moment.
3. Yes, but power isn't exactly cheap overseas either
4. Agreed. But US is not much better. Or you don't see these people dying there because they came afford healthcare?

I never wanted to go. My parents made me and that's why I came back first chance I could. I work as hard here as I did there but I also get to KEEP more of my earnings here.
Also, made sure my kids went to school here and not the USA so....

But you went their to give birth to baby Radu, if US is not much better, you could have strolled to your nearest GENERAL HOSPITAL grin grin..

Majority of the issues "young" nigerian complain about.. You most probably never experienced them..

Aunty Radu is using lekki/Island eyes to judge the whole Nigeria.. US roads/ Nigerian road, I laugh in spanish.
You talk about excellent road... Here we are just looking for motorable Roads not excellent

2 questions..
-Do you give the same warrantee on suspension parts like in the US

-When last did you travel by road on a long trip?

7 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Mizwisdom(f): 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
molybdenum0012:

Awwwww..... You get mind ooo, coming back to Nigeria to do what exactly. Millions of Nigerians are looking for a way to japa to a saner countries.

I hope you come back home with lots of dollars to invest 'cos there is no job in this shithole.

But then life is not about business. Some people just wanna earn a decent living. Besides, most people homes are struggling to survive, where would they even get the money to invest in the first place..

He's not your age mate. He has seen and experienced things in life that will take you years to experience. When your father's age mate is talking, listen and learn, you mustn't respond to everything just to appear wise, if you listen more you will gain more.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by radautoworks: 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2019
thebigkendo:

But you went their to give birth to baby Radu, if US is not much better, you could have strolled to your nearest GENERAL HOSPITAL grin grin..

Majority of the issues "young" nigerian complain about.. You most probably never experienced them..

Aunty Radu is using lekki/Island eyes to judge the whole Nigeria.. US roads/ Nigerian road, I laugh in spanish.
You talk about excellent road... Here we are just looking for motorable Roads not excellent

2 questions..
-Do you give the same warrantee on suspension parts like in the US

-When last did you travel by road on a long trip?

Because I had insurance which is not the norm for a large percentage of the population. I was also high risk and almost couldn't find a doctor to take me. It was my doctor here that told me if I didn't go, Baby Radu might not survive because they would save me and not her.

You have no idea what I've experienced. I've been homeless (yes, homeless) sleeping on friend's couches before.

Who told you there are no bad road in Lekki?? I laugh in Esperanto. I just changed all four shocks and my car hardly leaves Lekki. Here's the thing though. Roads are very similar to Southwest Houston.

Not the same warranty. Most suspension parts 2-5 years until we get full pay lay of the land and there is no abuse

I get car sick.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by radautoworks: 9:28pm On Nov 16, 2019
dru23:

You are risk taker.. Me can never do it .. If something happens to my kids ,I will never forgive myself.. My major concerns are the medical facility in Nigeria.. It is the worse of the worse.. But each to his own ,

And yet my son had the highest IGCSE scores of his school, is on his way to college after finishing secondary at 16, and my daughter is way ahead of her peers.

In the US he was just passing along because they were more concerned about testing than learning. I know, I taught there for 8 years.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by thebigkendo(m): 9:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
radautoworks:

Because I had insurance which is not the norm for a large percentage of the population. I was also high risk and almost couldn't find a doctor to take me. It was my doctor here that told me if I didn't go, Baby Radu might not survive because they would save me and not her.

You have no idea what I've experienced. I've been homeless (yes, homeless) sleeping on friend's couches before.

Who told you there are no bad road in Lekki?? I laugh in Esperanto. I just changed all four shocks and my car hardly leaves Lekki. Here's the thing though. Roads are very similar to Southwest Houston.

Not the same warranty. Most suspension parts 2-5 years until we get full pay off the land and there is no abuse

I get car sick.

The bolded is the koko.. But the "high risk" was managed in US.. Exactly the point I wanted to make..Now Mummy & baby Radu are doing great thanks to the not so good US health system

Aunty Radu believe me.. Does lekki bad road that spoilt your shocks enh.. na child's play compared to other parts of lagos.. Let's not even talk about Nigeria self grin grin

Naija is messed up.. It's home to some of us & We are not going anywhere(for now grin).. But make we talk am as e be.. This country get as e be

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Beautyaddy: 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
thebigkendo:

The bolded is the koko.. But the "high risk" was managed in US.. Exactly the point I wanted to make..Now Mummy & baby Radu are doing great thanks to the not so good US health system

Aunty Radu believe me.. Does lekki bad road that spoilt your shocks enh.. na child's play compared to other parts of lagos.. Let's not even talk about Nigeria self grin grin

Naija is messed up.. It's home to some of us & We are not going anywhere(for now grin).. But make we talk am as e be.. This country get as e be

grin grin grin grin

lol!...You already know say some people talk is cheap cheesy
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by dru23(m): 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2019
radautoworks:

And yet my son had the highest IGCSE scores of his school, is on his way to college after finishing secondary at 16, and my daughter is way ahead of her peers.

In the US he was just passing along because they were more concerned about testing than learning. I know, I taught there for 8 years.

Well my best friend here in the USA had similar issues.. His son was very smart and he got good grades. And he was an honor roll student .. His teacher spoke to my friend and his wife.. The teacher stated that their son was not been challenged enough in class.. He needs to be challenged ,so he was taken to a private school that cost about $16k a year .. He also got a scholarship which drop it down about $8k or something. This is high school we talking about ... the kid is doing ok now ....

So my point is that my kids don't need to go to Nigerian school to be very smart.. But it is an added advantage if he or she does thou.. But am talking from personal experience regardless how cheap or expensive the school is in Nigeria.. Am aware there are some schools in Lagos that you pay in dollars or millions of naira.. But safety has always been my main factor of living in Nigeria.. Health care system and having good hospital is big concern .. If left to me I will rather have my kids study in South Africa...
But if parents from abroad want to send their kids to study in Nigeria.. That is their personal choice ,but me personally I wouldn't do it ...
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by oluayebenz: 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2019
Mizwisdom:

He's not your age mate. He has seen and experienced things in life that will take you years to experience. When your father's age mate is talking, listen and learn, you mustn't respond to everything just to appear wise, if you listen more you will gain more.

grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by radautoworks: 10:23pm On Nov 16, 2019
thebigkendo:

You misunderstood. The issue was in the US not here lol. No doctor would take me. I guess trying to protect their records. I basically had my GP threaten one when I was 7 months.

I don't dispute Nigeria has some problems. What I'm saying is that those running away are sometimes part of the problem or why do you think other countries have us on their lists? We go there and f ish up the same way we did here so they don't want us any more. Stay and fix your OWN country!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by thebigkendo(m): 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2019
radautoworks:

You misunderstood. The issue was in the US not here lol. No doctor would take me. I guess trying to protect their records. I basically had my GP threaten one when I was 7 months

So you did not even try Nigerian doctors/Hospitals?? grin grin grin
Our nurses & doctors would have prayed(something we are good in) very well for you
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by radautoworks: 10:29pm On Nov 16, 2019
thebigkendo:

So you did not even try Nigerian doctors/Hospitals?? grin grin grin

Our own never bad like that na

Another misunderstanding. Tried ours first and was advised to go to US because no one would try to save baby at 5-6 months here- not because of skill but because they didn't believe in it. Got to US and no one would take me (and I had insurance). Not to talk of if I didn't.
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by oluayebenz: 10:31pm On Nov 16, 2019
radautoworks:

You misunderstood. The issue was in the US not here lol. No doctor would take me. I guess trying to protect their records. I basically had my GP threaten one when I was 7 months.

I don't dispute Nigeria has some problems. What I'm saying is that those running away are sometimes part of the problem or why do you think other countries have us on their lists? We go there and f ish up the same way we did here so they don't want us any more. Stay and fix your OWN country!

Those are the main problem.......

They have messed things up, the bouncing peoples are getting at the embassy now is not all about the bad economy

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by thebigkendo(m): 10:33pm On Nov 16, 2019
radautoworks:

Another misunderstanding. Tried ours first and was advised to go to US because no one would try to save baby at 5-6 months here- not because of skill but because they didn't believe in it. Got to US and no one would take me (and I had insurance). Not to talk of if I didn't.

Case closed..

We have one thing in common sha.. We are both happy Mummy & baby Radu are fine, how is she doing self?
Hope you have started introducing her to spanners & wrench grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by radautoworks: 11:36pm On Nov 16, 2019
thebigkendo:

Case closed..

We have one thing in common sha.. We are both happy Mummy & baby Radu are fine, how is she doing self?
Hope you have started introducing her to spanners & wrench grin

Come by the shop and you'll see lol. She is quality control manager apparently the way she checks everything!
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by Babyvet: 12:21am On Nov 17, 2019
radautoworks:

Na true talk my sister , no matter your accomplishments , as a black person , you will be at the bottom of the list in the US.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by CandleEyes(m): 7:45am On Nov 17, 2019
Nigeria and Nairabet wan turn me to madman
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by segzyndpep(m): 7:18pm On Dec 19, 2019
bmdmix:
rest of mind

Lol that one dey
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by DexterousOne(m): 12:58am On Dec 20, 2019
CandleEyes:
Nigeria and Nairabet wan turn me to madman

You might have to desist from nairabet
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by sweetmelanin(f): 6:29am On Dec 20, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I came back home because I miss home. I actually really like Nigeria. I came back to my city of birth.

Understandably I did not make the move when I was married and raising children and climbing the corporate ladder.

On the other hand I know many politicians, musicians, businessmen that they only found success when they came back home.

Good luck to all of us where ever we decide to hang our hats. May our blessings reach us.

If Nigeria is so great, why didn't you raise your kids and spend your youthful years there?

Please sir, I know you are an elderly man but try to speak objectively ... do not come here giving readers your one-sided view of Nigeria through the rose-tinted glasses of old age!

We all know there is an OBVIOUS reason why you chose to work and raise your family abroad...

Of course you would "like Nigeria" now coz you're old and don't have to go out there to hustle.. you also have a lot of people calling you "sir", which again, is because of your age and the amount of years you spent abroad (with the money you've accumulated over the years)

The vast majority of Nigerians who are hustling and praying for a better future cannot relate to what you are saying here because your posts are subjective only to you.. and quite selfish like someone rightly pointed out.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by EgunMogaji2: 8:17am On Dec 20, 2019
sweetmelanin:

If Nigeria is so great, why didn't you raise your kids and spend your youthful years there?

Please sir, I know you are an elderly man but try to speak objectively ... do not come here giving readers your one-sided view of Nigeria through the rose-tinted glasses of old age!

We all know there is an OBVIOUS reason why you chose to work and raise your family abroad...

Of course you would "like Nigeria" now coz you're old and don't have to go out there to hustle.. you also have a lot of people calling you "sir", which again, is because of your age and the amount of years you spent abroad (with the money you've accumulated over the years)

The vast majority of Nigerians who are hustling and praying for a better future cannot relate to what you are saying here because your posts are subjective only to you.. and quite selfish like someone rightly pointed out.

I’m only responsible for what I write on an open forum, and not how you chose to interpret it.

Since we are offering unsolicited advices, there are over 2 million users and over 5 million posts on Nairaland, please find those that are inline with your own situation.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by EgunMogaji2: 8:35am On Dec 20, 2019
radautoworks:

I came back and I'm doing just fine. My Jamaican husband also came and refuses to leave and I just hired a white American on trial basis for a month who is so excited and is immigrating. Your point?

I have a full Mexican home building crew that’s rearing to come to Nigeria cheesy

Don’t mind them Madam, Negative only sees negative.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by EgunMogaji2: 8:43am On Dec 20, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Thank you very much.

I’m not here to discourage anyone from doing anything at all.

I’ll share my experiences in the hopes that some may find it helpful.

I don’t claim to have all the answers.

I always pray for all that may our blessings find us wherever we are at.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by EgunMogaji2: 8:46am On Dec 20, 2019
radautoworks:

Not the same warranty. Most suspension parts 2-5 years until we get full pay off the land and there is no abuse

I get car sick.

People like to judge without knowing the full story.

So I worked for donkey years for an hmo and I have lifetime free medical.

Show I play strong man and get critical medical care in Nigeria just to prove I’m tough or hop onto a plane to get treatment?

Even in Nigeria, people are traveling from village to get care in cities.
Re: I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? by dru23(m): 9:39am On Dec 20, 2019
deuzgreat:

Just shut up

You sound like a disgruntled ex employee or customer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The London Skyline Is Finally Taking Shape! / . / FG Removes 7% Waiver On Aircraft, Spares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.