Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,262 members, 7,970,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:13 PM

AAU Accident: FRSC, Govt Lied, Obaseki’s Convoy At Fault - Eyewitness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AAU Accident: FRSC, Govt Lied, Obaseki’s Convoy At Fault - Eyewitness (786 Views)

Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) / Peter Obi Supporters Block His Convoy At Mile 2 Market, Lagos (Pictures) / The Accident Victims Involving Obaseki’s Convoy (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AAU Accident: FRSC, Govt Lied, Obaseki’s Convoy At Fault - Eyewitness by CGMedia: 9:52am On Oct 21, 2019
Some eyewitnesses have faulted a statement credited to the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) and the Edo State Government (EDSG) regarding Saturday’s accident.

CAMPUS GIST had reported that seven people were killed in an accident involving the advance team of Governor Godwin Obaseki, along Benin-Auchi expressway.

They were said to be on their way to Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma, ahead of the Governor’s visit to the school for the 22nd convocation ceremony.

Those killed were the occupants of an Audi car, which was reported to have had a head-on collision with a Toyota Hilux van drove by the Governor’s advance team.

Sector commander of FRSC in Edo, Anthony Oko, had attributed the cause of the accident to loss of control by the Audi driver, accusing him of ramming into the Hilux.

Similarly, the Edo state government in a condolence message to the victims and their families, blamed the accident on the Audi driver who lost his life in the unfortunate incident.

“From our findings, the Audi vehicle lost its tyre and ran into a pothole, before colliding with the Hilux vehicle, which was conveying protocol officers from Edo State Government House”, an aide on media to the Governor had said.

But an eyewitness and a member of the ruling party, Adawatu Ilallah, in a chat with CAMPUS GIST, Sunday afternoon, blamed the accident on the Governor’s advance team.

“I am really disappointed at this government. I was there live and direct, we were held up for 3 hours in that place. What the government officials did was very bad and inhumane.

“I am a full member of APC but this news got me really sad, it was the Hilux that killed and destroyed the Audi, now just look at what the government is saying”, he lamented.

A road user (names withheld) who happened to be the good Samaritan that rescued some of the victims to the hospital, while still alive, collaborated Ilallah’s statement.

He said four had died at the scene of the accident, alleging that the Governor’s aides attempted a cover up by threatening him and even absconded from the scene.

“Sadly, it was 4 that died [at the scene] not 7. The only survivor right now is the mother of two kids who died on the way to the hospital. She is now recuperating at central hospital.

“I personally brought them from the accident scene to the hospital. The Governor’s entourage tried all possible means to cover this incident and even threatened me.

“I personally used my private Hilux to convey the accident victims to the hospital when the occupants of the Governor’s Hilux bluntly refused to help and even absconded”, he said.

On how the accident occurred, the road user said the Governor’s Hilux had attempted to avoid a pothole while on top speed, before ramming into the Audi car head-on.

http://www.campusgist.ng/aau-accident-frsc-govt-lied-obasekis-convoy-at-fault-eyewitness/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

Re: AAU Accident: FRSC, Govt Lied, Obaseki’s Convoy At Fault - Eyewitness by CGMedia: 9:52am On Oct 21, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: AAU Accident: FRSC, Govt Lied, Obaseki’s Convoy At Fault - Eyewitness by NextGovernor(m): 10:49am On Oct 21, 2019
Sometime I wonder if these people in Government reasons same way with normal people. Trying to cover up the death of 7 people all to paint your image right..

They blatantly refuse rescuing the accident victims which they caused and even have to threaten rescuers not to help either. Very wicked.
Re: AAU Accident: FRSC, Govt Lied, Obaseki’s Convoy At Fault - Eyewitness by tooth4tooth: 10:54am On Oct 21, 2019
When I read about the news I saw the missing gap in the FRSC account .Unfortunately, the dead cannot defend itself.

To buttress how these politicians don't care about people they profess to serve.The Governor still went for the convocation, smiling with people as if nothing happened. Most of our politicians are pathetic undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Going The Way Of Central African Republic? / Ihedioha Lost Because He Offended The Gods –igbo Spiritual Leader / Ogun State Lockdown (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.