Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,118 members, 7,977,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:49 PM

Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors (20616 Views)

New Stethoscope Cleaning Sytem For Doctors In Nigeria / NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? / Medical Council Outlaws Strike For Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Nobody: 1:40am On Nov 11, 2010
MUZBO:

So now u can bury your head in shame!Puleease don't patronise me, I didn't degrade your point because u had none. Some Drs r still living with the hardship 'reindeer' escaped from yet r keeping it real with the oath; if u r just getting the point now then u should just hush and delete your earlier posts!!please suggest ways to go about it ooo. When microsoft starts making 'smartware' for laptops etc pple like u will be frustrated into extinction as your computer will keep screaming: ''not an effective option" as u try to solve problems u know nothing about. Abegi joor!!

I thought we both agreed on you playing lawn mower with the grasses outside, while reindeer, who is actually a doctor and has post some reasonable points continue to post.

This your "My grass is greener than yours" posts doe snot help the matter. scoot over plz.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Kilode1: 2:56am On Nov 11, 2010
MUZBO:

lmao! I get your drift and u r quite right as usual. I should come for holidays ASAP and see things for me self then hopefully take the great migration! U know I won't stand 4 for some beaded waist-banded type-happy pranksters talkin crap!

Leave our Ileke-Idi alone jo! angry

Everyone has a right to get the Nigerian madness wrong sometimes, Nigeria is complex and she proves that we don't engage in groupthink on NL  smiley

Now, We reportedly have about 1100 Doctors serving 8 million people and Fashola still dey form hard negotiator( Probably 1099,  since Muzbo is planning to leave) shocked

Muzbo, abeg no leave your patients o cheesy 

We need all the doctors we can get, continue the strike though, Fashola should do the needful and pay these doctors better.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by MUZBO(m): 8:09am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I thought we both agreed on you playing lawn mower with the grasses outside, while reindeer, who is actually a doctor and has post some reasonable points continue to post.

This your "My grass is greener than yours" posts doe snot help the matter. scoot over plz.
So what do u do for a living apart from wearin waist beads in your dumb attempt to ' heal' ur stretch marks. Go n eat more suya and don't puke.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 11, 2010
MUZBO:

So what do u do for a living apart from wearin waist beads in your dumb attempt to ' heal' your stretch marks. Go n eat more suya and don't puke.

Did I not tell you to move aside? For a dokita, you sure can't follow simple order. ROTL.

Kilode?!:

Leave our Ileke-Idi alone jo! angry

Everyone has a right to get the Nigerian madness wrong sometimes, Nigeria is complex and she proves that we don't engage in groupthink on NL  smiley

Now, We reportedly have about 1100 Doctors serving 8 million people and Fashola still dey form hard negotiator( Probably 1099,  since Muzbo is planning to leave) shocked

Muzbo, abeg no leave your patients o cheesy 

We need all the doctors we can get, continue the strike though, Fashola should do the needful and pay these doctors better.

Let him leave abeg grin Can you imagine that bozo being your doctor? grin
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by mrofficial(m): 9:11am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Did I not tell you to move aside? For a dokita, you sure can't follow simple order. ROTL.

Let him leave abeg grin Can you imagine that bozo being your doctor? grin

See beefing. Ileke-IdI, na wa for you ooo. grin
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by fASHiam(m): 10:33am On Nov 11, 2010
Very much deserved by the doctors, spending seven years studying medicine is no joke.

For more information on the new Nokia nokia N8 plus best reviews of other Nokia and Blackberry phones; follow the below link
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by HamidO1(m): 11:06am On Nov 11, 2010
Where them dey Those comparing Fashola to one Gbadamosi guy from PDP, forgetting that nothing good can ever come from PDP.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by reindeer: 11:18am On Nov 11, 2010
I think that's the other thingy Nigeria lacks, credible opposition.
If they knew there were people lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce on their mistakes they'll be more careful.
PDP is a no-no!Seeing what they have turned my beloved country into since they've been in power.ACN?well they're sure they'll win anyway so they dont give a hoot what everyone thinks. cry
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by MUZBO(m): 11:49am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

please leave the scene joor, u have nothing to say! What do u do for a living? . . . While u r looking for a lie to tell please I want to buy weave-on; how much?
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by MUZBO(m): 11:51am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

please leave the scene joor, u have nothing to say! What do u do for a living? . . . While u r looking for a lie to tell please I want to buy weave-on; how much?
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 11, 2010
MUZBO:

MUZBO:

Houston, we have a problem. Can you post it 5 more times?

Let it go and quit derailing the thread. I'm sure you're a wonderful doc, a few malpractices means nothing nau.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by MUZBO(m): 11:58am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Houston, we have a problem. Can you post it 5 more times?

Let it go and quit derailing the thread. I'm sure you're a wonderful doc, a few malpractices means nothing nau.
If I do will u sell the 'weave-on'? Go back to ur tribalism and style section and let those who know what's up remain here
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by oluite(f): 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2010
reindeer:

I am a doctor and i worked in Nigeria before relocating to the UK some years back, so i know what obtains on both sides.
I tell you there is no other alternative to getting stone heads to hear you.The world expects you to be working for charity while you pay for everything.Its just not possible,you wouldnt say this if your dad was one of those doctors and the money you get for your university education comes from that source.Pay was pitiable, conditions abominable and you are expected to continue working?
Here in the Uk i can predict when my pay comes in each month, i know how much i will collect with no errors, infact i can tell you dates my account will be credited by the NHS for the next 6 months!It is just a pity that the masses will keep suffering like this because they are quiet when politicians are increasing salaries everyday and even stealing to top it all. There should be mass protests.The nigerian politician (and the masses)understand only the language of strikes because they will ignore warnings.
I had been in Nigeria back then during strikes and we still worked day and nights for patients on admission, we just didnt admit new ones, if that isnt enough sacrifice for you then i dont know what will suffice.Let me tell you how bad,because as a doctor back then i couldnt afford paying my rents in ikeja i had to move to ikorodu and commute for 2-3hours to and from work everyday to a general hospital on the island.So dont sit behind your computer and pontificate to me about ''moral'' issues.strikes arent the option and yet you cant think of one ,just one other way of making grievances known.
Its going to keep getting worse i see.about 70 of us graduated from my class and over 30 are in the UK now,well employed and getting paid enough for us all to have bought good homes in london within 5years of working.There are about another 20 in the US, out of the remaining some are planning to relocate soon cos of metalities like those of this ileke idi who think docs should continue suffering.
You may  say Nigerian doctors are 'quacks' etc, dont worry, that only means the developed world appreciates these quacks well,fine with me.
The full blame goes to the lame ducks and block heads who only have power cos people allow them to.
Thank you sharing your experience.This will serve as an eye opener,Nigeria is a country like no other.Sadly only drastic measures holds!
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2010
hmmn, good for them, they can strike till the end of the world. as long as they get more money!

shebi its because they are govt workers,

i hope the judicial workers will get these kind of consideration too, or they are not as important shey? they dont kill/save pple abi?
you people probably need to hear what young lawyers earn.

FYI they pay a lot for their education too. Bar exams cost about 450k now. it costs about 100k per session at the university to secure books and materials for a proper education (most make do with less).

lawschool requires over a million now unless you are prepared to cut corners with your self and needs

lawyers spend 7 years too in the system. with no kobo help from anywhere unlike docs and their uni/ housemanship days
lawyers earn on the average 35k per month upon graduation.!! a lawyer with a job giving him 80-100k a month is at the top of the pile remuneration wise.

my point is: this "VICTIM" posture holds no water. the system is bad true, but to make it seem like they are the worst and suffer the most is laughable
they are in a strong position. our lives are the bargaining chip. good on them. as a matter of fact i believe they should do this strike once and for all and get a sum that will be ok for the next 10 yrs, maybe say 1 million per month. that way we can be a bit assured that we wont repeat this circus next year again

NB: before the strike, if you were to do a general scale of salaries in this country, where would these doctors lie? near the bottom?
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by GNBohr: 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2010
When people dont situate issues in proper context and perspectives they make annoying comments. How on earth can any right thinking person blame striking workers for the consequence of government failure. It is because Nigerian as a people has refused to take earth shaking actions that we continue to live in poverty and abject want in the midst of plenty.

The questions are -
Is Nigeria poor,
Is Nigerian Government responsible and responsive
Is Nigerian people lazy
Is Nigeria lacking in resources to grow and develop the economy
Is Nigerian political office holders accountable
Is Nigerian politicians not living ostentatious life
Is Nigerian populace not suffering
Is Nigerian workers not grossly underpaid

If you answer these questions honestly without bias or sentiments, then you will know the pain and anger that an average Nigerian worker be it in public and private sector feels. Since as a people we are not readily violent, Nigerian workers have resorted to subtle approach of using industrial action to press home their demands. These industrial actions hardly succeeds because sadly too, we as a people lack "strike culture", hence our government indifference to peoples' demands.

Is it not ironic that our rulers will demand loyalty and patriotism from us without giving us any privilege as citizens and all they do indicates not national loyalty or patriotism.

In Nigeria, every individual is a government of his/her own in terms of provision of basic amenities, you provide your own house, water, power, health, education, even roads and bridges. The only thing they are sure of getting from government is their salary, even as poor as these salaries are, their regular and consistent payment is not guaranteed.

Let government provide the basic social amenities of water, power, roads, public transport, cheap health services, housing and see if agitations for salary increment or minimum wage will not die a natural death.

Since government has refused to be responsible to their duties, then they can not expect citizens to be dutiful in their respective national services or professional callings.

I think we need more of the medical doctors' kind of uncompromising strikes from every sector of the country to change the attitude of those political office holders for good and force them to be more responsive, responsible and accountable.

It is so easy for these political looters to award jumbo pay and allowances for themselves and care less if I in my primary duty as a teachers, nurse, doctor, cleaner, etc to continue to live from hand to mouth. Imagine N18,000.00 has a minimum wage in a country that one Cecilia Ibru stole over N200b from private organisation, or one Ibori took over N500b from the treasury of a state government.

How can anyone say workers should not strike, thank GOD am not a labour leader, it is either I have brought this country down on its knee through complete and total industrial action. Of course, it will not be possible because there will be sell out amongst the labour leaders once they are shown Ghana-Must-Go.

Workers are their own nemesis because they are fickle and will always go for the crumbs from their masters table depsite the fact that they are the producers of the nation's wealth.

I say let them remain in their poverty line whilst the politicians take home all the juices. To the Doctors, kudos, dont relent until your goal is achieved. If Fashola is not happy he can employ his sisters and brothers as medical doctors and his co-thieving commissioner of health can resume at LASUTH to start work, afterall he threatened sacking all the doctors. Why he could not do that and import new set from Ghana to pay them his pitance beats me.

So much for a so called "PERFOMING GOVERNOR". By their actions we shall know them.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by MUZBO(m): 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2010
4llerbuntu:

hmmn, good for them, they can strike till the end of the world. as long as they get more money!

i hope the judicial workers will get these kind of consideration too, or they are not as important shey? they dont kill/save pple abi?

FYI they pay a lot for their education too. Bar exams cost about 450k now. it costs about 100k per session at the university to secure books and materials for a proper education (most make do with less).

lawschool requires over a million now unless you are prepared to cut corners with your self and needs

lawyers spend 7 years too in the system. with no kobo help from anywhere unlike docs and their uni/ housemanship days
lawyers earn on the average 35k per month upon graduation.!! a lawyer with a job giving him 80-100k a month is at the top of the pile remuneration wise.

my point is: this "VICTIM" posture holds no water. the system is bad true, but to make it seem like they are the worst and suffer the most is laughable
they are in a strong position. our lives are the bargaining chip. good on them. as a matter of fact i believe they should do this strike once and for all and get a sum that will be ok for the next 10 yrs, maybe say 1 million per month. that way we can be a bit assured that we wont repeat this circus next year again

NB: before the strike, if you were to do a general scale of salaries in this country, where would these doctors lie? near the bottom?

Guy I see what u r tryin  do/say but if u r a lawyer in Lagos state then don't waste your time writing story here, just work for the state govt and I know for a fact u will earn beyond ur wildest dreams. Also do not waste your time tryin to make law education expenses look @ par with that of medical education because it won't work; textbooks written by Nigerian professors of medicine sef r more expensive than even international law texts and ironically we know that NO Dr anywhere is taught to practice only in his own environ, its a world wide thing but u can't practice law outside ur shores of training without first being familiar with the laws of that foriegn land! All these have been incorporated in the stresses of medical school so when Drs ask for a seperate salary structure its because they've earned it- developed countries know this for a fact!
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Tunisque(m): 4:10pm On Nov 11, 2010
Buy plots of land at a very good location, buy into Garden of Eden Estate, Simawa behind Redemption Camp at cheap price of N380,000.00 per plot. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-521891.32.html#msg7122200
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Kilode1: 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2010
@4llerbuntu & Muzbo,

Comparing lawyers and doctors won't solve the problem, both professions are vital to the well being of any sensible society and they are both poorly paid in Nigeria. The leaders we throw up do not care about us, we need to force them to. The only crop of people who get paid in Nigeria are political jobbers and their thieving friends. If you've ever tried to do any honest business in Nigeria you'll know.

A society where leaders are above the law cannot value lawyers, likewise they cannot respect doctors because public health policy is really none of their business since the best hospitals are just a plane flight away. We need to make it their business as much as we can. So let the strikes continue, lawyers should join too.

If my people don't die in the waiting room they will die awaiting trial anyway.

Don't agonize, organize.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by reindeer: 4:35pm On Nov 11, 2010
4llerbuntu:

Quit being a wimp.
You should have read the title of the thread.
Feel free to open another thread to discuss maltreatment of lawyers, no one can stop you ok?
Really Nigeria does have a problem with people like this prancing around.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by kay4fun(m): 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2010
The strike has just started. Let be mindful of the fact that only doctors don't make hospital to work. In fact they just one out many other profession in the hospital. If the 75% increase goes across the board then NO STRIKE BUT IF not, then expect the mother of strike by NURSES.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by reindeer: 6:54pm On Nov 11, 2010
Shouldn't just be by nurses, the pharmacists should stand up and demand their rights from these foolish politicians, the laboratory personnel shouldn't take it lying down,the medical records etc All these people who toil night and day need to be earning the way it should be,more than politicians.
It is time people stand up to these idiots looting Nigeria.Doctors wont even take 75% of conmess which is still pittance, they must ensure the govt pay 100%!
The uneducated folks who sit in the assembly dole out money to themselves anyhow.If there should be fairness their salaries and allowances should be made public and let the public judge.
Its time our ''top heavy'' reward system is done away with, but i guess if this is done there wont be enough money for godfathers and looters to steal anymore.
creaky system.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I'd have no problem if they find another way to protect their interest, but endangering the lives of patients you swore to protect is highly selfish.

Your position of course is right and the truth although too bitter too swallow for some disgruntled posters here. They are actually using their patients as pawns in the stand-off with government.
However it is a very bad thing for any government to give in to blackmail. In this case Fashola would just be stoking up future problems in particular as the nurses and other personnel would then justifiably call for a salary increment. Maybe they should consider privatising these hospitals instead?
How many times, if ever, does anyone hear of strikes in private hospitals and universities?
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 11, 2010
4llerbuntu:

Good points. One thing that never ceases to amaze me with strikes in Nigeria is that the most dyed in the wool ultra conservative reactionary suddenly becomes a fire-spitting radical when issues like calls for salary increment and different salary scale are made.
If they were truly fighting for the benefit of the masses then they wouldn't even be on a prolonged strike in the first place.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by reindeer: 11:13pm On Nov 11, 2010
So you think its is blackmail to give people what they are entitled to?
Do you realise they are part of the 'masses' too?They have families, friends and relatives amongst the general populace?
Moreover i dont think its very smart to compare public and private institutions, they have different operational models.
Do you realise lagos state has just over 1000 doctors for a population of about 14million?You need to ask yourself some questions before posting or taking sides and you really need to know what you're talking about, it will be helpful.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by loverob: 8:39am On Nov 12, 2010
shocked
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by GL(f): 5:27am On Nov 13, 2010
I think healthcare is the worst place to be in nigeria salary-wise. My cousin graduated from medical school 3 years ago and is still earning 90k. Whereas all the other cousins of the same age group in other fields (even those that had 2.2) are earning much more. I'm in medical school myself, and many times I wish I had chosen some other course.

our society doesn't encourage altruism or dedication, and doctors have to work with inadequate resources, so it's understandable that we don't get top-level performance from them. Still, I think many of them have a lot to learn about doctor-patient relationships. I've witnessed several instances where doctors talk down to their patients.
one problem I've had is doctors treating patient's concerns and suggestions as trivial.

I visited my sister in the hospital recently and was surprised to see doctor & nurses coming in & out of the room, administering some medication or the other without offering any explanations. Odd thing is she didn't even ask. I asked the nurse and she mumbled something in yoruba and left. I asked the doctor later and he said she had pneumonia and they were giving her the necessary treatment, he was obviously offended that I asked. And this was in an expensive private hospital.

I can't understand why someone who is handling people's lives doesn't see the need to inform them every step of the way. I believe that why these doctors seem so much better when they go abroad is they have to comply with professional ethics, and they run the risk of being sued so they're quite conscientious.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by buffnaija: 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2010
I THINK THAT THE GOVT NEEDS TO DO A BETTER JOB OF TAXING PEOPLE.

THE WORKING MAN MUST PAY HIS FAIR SHARE OF TAXES.

I AM NOT SAYING TAX PEOPLE TO DEATH.

BUT FOR A GROUP OF PEOPLE TO SIT AROUND DOING NOTHING. AND WHEN THEY ARE SICK THEY RUSH TO HOSPITALS . NO, NO.

EVERYONE WHO WANTS SERVICE MUST PRESENT THEIR TAX CERTIFICATE.

ONLY EMERGENCY SITUATIONS SHOULD BE TREATED.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by Jimali: 12:21am On Nov 14, 2010
What will be wrong in implementing 100% of CONMESS with a built in factor of Inflation that negates the need for frequent strikes? This can also be implemented to all cadres of workers, This will reduce the perchant for strikes or industrial actions in the entity that was amalgamated by Lord Lugard called Nigeria. A government responsive to the electorates will at least provide the basic necessities for a decent society. My take on this is that both the electorates and the Government deserve each other hence the blatant stealing of funds by the government officials and the subsequent suffering of the masses. : embarassed
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by JacksonT: 9:26am On Nov 15, 2010
[I hope it will be a constant move rather than a potilical move for our votes][quote][/quote]
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by jamesugo: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2010
Most of these doctors are fake.People die every day as a result of their fake administration of drugs.
Though am not against their demand for 100% as a result of their experience through school and the irregular payment palava
but that 75% is okay.
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by jamesugo: 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2010
Let them accept it in good faith and continue killing people like fow
Re: Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors by reindeer: 7:28pm On Nov 15, 2010
jamesugo:

Most of these doctors are fake.People die every day as a result of their fake administration of drugs.
Though am not against their demand for 100% as a result of their experience through school and the irregular payment palava
but that 75% is okay.

Can you read?the issue of 75% has been explained in earlier posts.(it is essentially a 1% rise).Really be better informed before posting.
It doesn't say much for your thinking abilities when you make uninformed comments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. / 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body / 3 Simple Ways To Live A Life Without Worry (hakuna Matata)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.