Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,138 members, 7,880,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:22 PM

Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors (24992 Views)

Some Of Bola Tinubu's Projects From 1999-2003 (First Term In Office) / Cooking Gas Price Drops, Supply Rises, FG Projects Further Decrease / Tension in the Villa as Buhari threatens to dump 2nd term bid on health grounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Area4Area: 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Who are you ? Who knows u
Who are you either, Mr unity beggar always begging for Igbo presidency
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by nextstep(m): 6:53pm On Oct 22, 2019
MountainView:

Good day Sir, i saw your message, I've sent a reply via E-mail

Hey... I was curious about how you plan to monetize your platform? Or if you could start a thread talking about it.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by pipeliner: 7:16pm On Oct 22, 2019
What is the problem with the FGN. Every kobo spent on this project will be paid largely by the Igbo and other Nigerians who will use the bridge under the BOT approach. They should complete the project and stop the unnecessary noise.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Basher8583: 5:51am On Oct 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

To answer u question
Why are there Lebanon's and Chinese even Indians in Nigeria and other poor country ...is Nigeria better than Lebanon or China or India

We sale , we produce so its basic to sight factory near raw material ...thoa we are now moving factory in headquarters back home

IMO has almost same GDP as north east ...yes just IMO state

2) how many foreign investment do u have in iseral ,Germany ,Japan ,India ,China ?
This are enterprising people they take all the opportunities leaving few for investors and a very competitive

There are billions of northern investment in the oil n gas sector in IMO tho

This is how you fail exams. Just 2 questions and you're rambling about lebanon, israel ,Germany ,Japan ,India ,China. How these countries take consign me. What's their relevance to the questions asked. Lazy youth.

Please mention the Northern investments in IMO.
Even in SS the various investments are eagerly waiting to relocate to Lagos.

Just face it SE and SS are not viable locations for business due to the unstable and hostile people/environment
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by wirinet(m): 6:10am On Oct 23, 2019
Basher8583:

This is how you fail exams. Just 2 questions and you're rambling about lebanon, israel ,Germany ,Japan ,India ,China. How these countries take consign me. What's their relevance to the questions asked. Lazy youth.

Just face it SE and SS are not viable locations for business due to the unstable and hostile people/environment

Imagine Dangote setting up his refinery in SE or SS, dem for ask for money wey pass the cost of refinery as compensation and "deve" levy. Meanwhile Lagos offered Dangote free land and we have not heard any protest by communities near the site. Lagos knows they would benefit in the long run from taxes and create millions of employment (both direct and indirect).
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 6:13am On Oct 23, 2019
Basher8583:

There is a module refinery in IMO owned by a northerner
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by wirinet(m): 6:16am On Oct 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

It's modular refinery. When you give information, try and be more precise instead of being very vague. The location and the northerners no get name?
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 6:18am On Oct 23, 2019
wirinet:

It's modular refinery. When you give information, try and be more precise instead of being very vague. The location and the northerners no get name?
U want me to give u everything

Don't u know how to use google ?
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by wirinet(m): 6:31am On Oct 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

U want me to give u everything

Don't u know how to use google ?
You are the one giving information, so you need to be less vague. You provided nothing at all and you say "you want me to give u everything", what exactly do you want me to Google, that is even I have time to search. A big project like refinery should be public knowledge like Dangote refinery.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by orisa37: 6:36am On Oct 23, 2019
It's very wrong to relocate such Industries. It's anti social and economic Responsibilities of the President to Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 6:37am On Oct 23, 2019
wirinet:

You are the one giving information, so you need to be less vague. You provided nothing at all and you say "you want me to give u everything", what exactly do you want me to Google, that is even I have time to search. A big project like refinery should be public knowledge like Dangote refinery.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/firm-builds-500bpd-modular-refinery-in-imo/amp/
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by orisa37: 6:41am On Oct 23, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
That is very wrong.Government should know that the issue of community chasing away contractors that refuse to compensate them not just started today. Its a long tradition in our society. I'm expecting the contractor's to settle the community also government should wake up to their responsibility by providing job to the youth Because if they are living fine they will not ask contractors for money .

From BuhariAdvocate. That's excellento.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by wirinet(m): 6:50am On Oct 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/firm-builds-500bpd-modular-refinery-in-imo/amp/
Reading the link, it says "Isa disclosed this on Friday at the [b] groundbreaking ceremony [/b]of 500 bpd modular refinery held at Ibigwe field, in the Ohaji/Egbema council area of Imo State."

It's a ground breaking ceremony but you said "
There is a module refinery in IMO owned by a northerner".
The Gulf between ground breaking ceremony and an actual refinery is as wide as the Pacific ocean. The foundation has not even been laid.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 6:56am On Oct 23, 2019
wirinet:

Reading the link, it says "Isa disclosed this on Friday at the [b] groundbreaking ceremony [/b]of 500 bpd modular refinery held at Ibigwe field, in the Ohaji/Egbema council area of Imo State."

It's a ground breaking ceremony but you said "
There is a module refinery in IMO owned by a northerner".
The Gulf between ground breaking ceremony and an actual refinery is as wide as the Pacific ocean. The foundation has not even been laid.
https://www.legit.ng/1242804-oil-sector-abdurazak-isa-builds-n7bn-modular-refinery-imo-anambra.html
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by wirinet(m): 7:01am On Oct 23, 2019
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by BuhariAdvocate: 7:48am On Oct 23, 2019
I'm sorry to disappoint you.
orisa37:

From BuhariAdvocate. That's excellento.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Basher8583: 8:23am On Oct 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

Oga... Stop shifting goal post. Provide name now make we confirm
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Basher8583: 8:26am On Oct 23, 2019
wirinet:

Imagine Dangote setting up his refinery in SE or SS, dem for ask for money wey pass the cost of refinery as compensation and "deve" levy. Meanwhile Lagos offered Dangote free land and we have not heard any protest by communities near the site. Lagos knows they would benefit in the long run from taxes and create millions of employment (both direct and indirect).

Spot on!!!
Baba, your intelligence is on overdrive.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by snowblaq(f): 9:04am On Oct 23, 2019
mrvitalis:
Lol u expect Igbo man to give u his land for free ?

Which government takes peoples land without compensation ?

That might be their only land ...we don't have luxury of land like west or north

Who ever told buhari and APC that threats moves an Igbo man is lying to him .,...the more u threaten n intimidate the more determine the Igbo man become .

If u can't compensate the land owners leave the bridge

After all it's not only those in the South East that will use the bridge. ...they also need the bridge.. .so if they think they are only doing the South East by abandoning the bridge. ..they have another think coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by delishpot: 11:25am On Oct 23, 2019
majamajic:

so now this is a good reason to abandon the bridge again ?

This is not going to be the first or the last communities will ask for compensation , why is this issue now, cos it's the Niger bridge ? come on !

I am not tribalistic, I speak in support of any good action and I disagree with any bad action. I don't spare Bubu nor even myself nor fellow Nigerians. Some Bleep up were allowed to grow and thrive just as Fulani bandits, Kidnappers, SARS, FRSC etc have been allowed to run wild. Now those fuckups are looking like the norm in Nigeria. Its left for me to see if Bubu wlill spare the core North when they do same shit. So far, he has proven to be the do as I say not as I do kind of leader. Tho, this particular move, I am 101%in support.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by MetaPhysical: 9:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
wirinet:

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by abeggnow: 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
Nightwolf1:

But it is the duty of govt to collect taxes even from jobless people... Something is definitely wrong with majority of Nigerians.
name any country that provides jobs for it citizens? The duty of a government is to provided enabling environment for industry and business to thrive. It is only communist countries that provide direct jobs for its citizens but this leads to inefficiency.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Nightwolf1: 7:58am On Oct 24, 2019
abeggnow:
name any country that provides jobs for it citizens? The duty of a government is to provided enabling environment for industry and business to thrive. It is only communist countries that provide direct jobs for its citizens but this leads to inefficiency.

Atleast u have accepted the fact that govt can provide jobs for its citizenry in some cases, however, if the govt could engage in business activity, why would they not be able to provide jobs in the case of Nigeria?
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by abeggnow: 10:27am On Oct 24, 2019
Nightwolf1:

Atleast u have accepted the fact that govt can provide jobs for its citizenry in some cases, however, if the govt could engage in business activity, why would they not be able to provide jobs in the case of Nigeria?
no I have not said government should provide jobs in any instance, I only said communist government provide jobs for their citizens. Nigeria is not a communist country we are a full capitalist country also u can see business the government run always end up dieing because governments are not designed to run business. Creating enabling eviroment for enterprises to thrive is their chief duty and also taxing to raise funds to run its self and build infrastructure.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Nightwolf1: 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
abeggnow:
no I have not said government should provide jobs in any instance, I only said communist government provide jobs for their citizens. Nigeria is not a communist country we are a full capitalist country also u can see business the government run always end up dieing because governments are not designed to run business. Creating enabling eviroment for enterprises to thrive is their chief duty and also taxing to raise funds to run its self and build infrastructure.

Very good... Now, govt can do business successfully and provide jobs for its citizen where there is visionary leadership. The Nigerian govt is actively involved in business till date, and fail abysmally in job creation because the managers of the system are terribly lacking @ formulating new ideas to sustain the system.

U can't be selling crude oil and gas for years with kleptomaniac attitude @ management and perform above average on economic ratings..

Your kind should know better when to put a stop @ defending a govt that doesn't know it left from right in proper management of the economy.

Lest I forget, this administration promised to create jobs too.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by abeggnow: 7:41am On Oct 25, 2019
Nightwolf1:

Very good... Now, govt can do business successfully and provide jobs for its citizen where there is visionary leadership. The Nigerian govt is actively involved in business till date, and fail abysmally in job creation because the managers of the system are terribly lacking @ formulating new ideas to sustain the system.

U can't be selling crude oil and gas for years with kleptomaniac attitude @ management and perform above average on economic ratings..

Your kind should know better when to put a stop @ defending a govt that doesn't know it left from right in proper management of the economy.

Lest I forget, this administration promised to create jobs too.
You have to understand governments by nature are inefficient and as such can't run a business profitably except for diffenc purposes. Since that is strategic in nature profit is not whatsapp sort after now back to job creation, the only viable means for a large population such as ours to get employed is thru the private sector. All over the world SMEs are the the main employers of labour. What we can do is hold our government accountable to provide infrastructure and adicuate laws to help SMEs to thrive.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Nightwolf1: 8:59am On Oct 25, 2019
abeggnow:
You have to understand governments by nature are inefficient and as such can't run a business profitably except for diffenc purposes. Since that is strategic in nature profit is not whatsapp sort after now back to job creation, the only viable means for a large population such as ours to get employed is thru the private sector. All over the world SMEs are the the main employers of labour. What we can do is hold our government accountable to provide infrastructure and adicuate laws to help SMEs to thrive.

Still, a responsible govt can equally create jobs too. That's my point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari: Why I Chose To Be Treated At A Nigerian Private Clinic / 100 Days In Office: Governor Wike Lists His Achievements (Pictured) / Chimamanda Adichie's Epistle Of Garbage By Femi Fani-kayode

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.