Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,079 members, 7,880,373 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:59 PM

Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 (18844 Views)

Army, Navy, Air Force Promote 235 Generals, Rear Admirals, AVM, Others / Google Withdraws Offers To More Than 2,000 Contract Workers / Minimum Wage: Dockworkers’ Wages Rise To N150, 000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by Emma1Oj(m): 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2019
Solomon8144:
Accessbank is the most useless bank currently in Nigeria.

Still wondering why diamond bank merged with such failure of a bank when we have gt bank,zenith, uba and others

I'll never forgive diamond bank
I hate that access bank with passion.
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by henryobinna(m): 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

If na indefinitely, e for better, dey go discard them at 35-40yrs by converting about 2% of them and tell the rest to leave as they are now too old and lack industry expertise due to lack of personal development (wey dey no give dem time off for o) for market trends.
too bad
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by Yoighaman(m): 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2019
henryobinna:
you're right about this.

Nigerian companies are abusing the 'contract staff' employment system.

Other places contract staffs are well paid, even paid better than company staff because they're on a contract and a special assignment which ends after a certain number of years or months. But you're nkt entitled to benefits which staff are entitled to.

But in Nigeria contract staffs are 'employed' indefinitely and with very low salary compared to regular staff

I agree with you....in saner climes, what contract staff miss out in benefits and other perks, they make up for it in huge salaries, but in Nigeria, almost everything is upside down.

2 Likes

Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by Mouthpis(m): 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2019
Macdove02:
That’s a lie. There’re contract staff earning over 150k. It depends on where you work and your years on the job.

Lie Mohammed...

1 Like

Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by Isorshe(m): 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2019
It's so annoying and frustrating. Especially when u have HND. We keep consoling ourselves that it will get better.

Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by MallyLike: 7:14pm On Oct 24, 2019
They should help
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by Legendguru: 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by smasher1(m): 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2019
tesppidd:
angry

Enter any bank and see about 30 people.

Inside that 30, not more than 5 would be staff.

Those 5 might be collecting above 300k while the remaining 25 will be collecting 70, 70k.

The amount you are quoting for both groups is far too high. It's less than that.

3 Likes

Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by JayGraphics(m): 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
A lot of this banks are paying more than what the federal government is offering as minimum wage.

Olalan:
Thanks to a shitty govt and a very selfish labour union

1 Like

Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by osazsky(m): 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
Patosky4U:

Bro he is correct, fcmb sometimes ago even paid 28k to their dse and most banks I know also pay between 40k-70k Max.
mine was 30k ,afribank then before the take offer,
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by tesppidd: 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2019
smasher1:

The amount you are quoting for both groups is far too high. It's less than that.
lol

In that case let's say 40k and 250k.
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by osazsky(m): 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2019
Mouthpis:

Lie Mohammed...
ignore him,them say them say people,maybe he is still in sch they are the prob of this country, misleading people without proper verification, I worked in afribank my sal was 30k then abt 8 ,9 years ago,in my 3rd month I run leave them,I left my salary with them,left on the 27th day of the month that was d greatest decision I made as a man and it paid off,I realised quickly that the bank job was sent to me by my village people but I dodged d bullet,some were not fortunate to realise quickly ,but now I feel for them I would have been a victim too but baba God pass them

3 Likes

Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by Meneking: 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2019
Olalan:
Thanks to a shitty govt and a very selfish labour union
nigeria banks highest employer of abused labor
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by Biggest80: 9:33pm On Oct 24, 2019
Is really slavery, imagine someone working as an outsourced IT SUPPORT to a bank. And you are to provide support to four branches of the bank on a merger salary of 60k.
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by terryflexy: 11:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
This are the kind of laws, Nigeria senator should pass to scrap contract work, u are either a staff or noting else. I sorry for this current government ,too much talk, No good action
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by smasher1(m): 5:47am On Oct 25, 2019
tesppidd:
lol

In that case let's say 40k and 250k.

Something around that figure. But note that most full staff don't earn 200k except maybe 2 people who are the 2 managers
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by tesppidd: 6:10am On Oct 25, 2019
smasher1:

Something around that figure. But note that most full staff don't earn 200k except maybe 2 people who are the 2 managers
Wow!

That's poor.

Then what do they really benefit as managers?
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by Moode(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2019
Solomon8144:
Accessbank is the most useless bank currently in Nigeria.

Still wondering why diamond bank merged with such failure of a bank when we have gt bank,zenith, uba and others

I'll never forgive diamond bank
I swear they be very frustrating and deducts money for Every single thing
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by Macdove02(m): 10:56am On Oct 26, 2019
Mouthpis:

Lie Mohammed...
I am a contract staff and I will show you my pay slip if you want to. You don’t just assume what you do not know.
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by Macdove02(m): 10:59am On Oct 26, 2019
osazsky:
ignore him,them say them say people,maybe he is still in sch they are the prob of this country, misleading people without proper verification, I worked in afribank my sal was 30k then abt 8 ,9 years ago,in my 3rd month I run leave them,I left my salary with them,left on the 27th day of the month that was d greatest decision I made as a man and it paid off,I realised quickly that the bank job was sent to me by my village people but I dodged d bullet,some were not fortunate to realise quickly ,but now I feel for them I would have been a victim too but baba God pass them
. Keep quiet and stop blabbing about what you do not know. Yes, I am a contract staff with a bank and No my salary isn’t up to that but it’s fair. I have senior colleagues who are also contract with salary over 150k.
Re: Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 by Macdove02(m): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2019
shoyinka35:

I donbelieve u
Don’t mind him. It’s easy to say what you don’t know. Payments differ bank to bank. And it also depends on your work. There’re contract marketers, they earn the least, why? Because they are paid commissions on accounts they bring. You can be earning 50k as a contract marketer but earning over 50k again as commission. We also have contract IT supports, those ones earn a little above the marketers, sometimes it’s around 60k to 70k depending on banks or even more. Then we have contract operations staff. My bank pay over a 100k for first level contract operations staff, after the deductions, you are taking home about 90k or thereabouts. We have other banks that pay less, and we have ones that pay more than that. There’re also grades on contract, as you progress, your pay increase. So there’re contracts earning more than 150k.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary / GTBank Starting Salary? / NSCDC New Salary Scale Structure (updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.