Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,487 members, 7,892,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 02:44 AM

Jonathan Assures On C130 Crash Victims’ Entitlements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Assures On C130 Crash Victims’ Entitlements (500 Views)

Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents / I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures / Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Assures On C130 Crash Victims’ Entitlements by supereagle(m): 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2010
President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday assured families of the September 26, 1992 C130 plane crash that the Federal Government would soon settle their entitlements.

In a posting on his Facebook page, Jonathan apologised for the delay in the payment of the benefits, saying he had already instructed the Minister of Defence, Adetokunbo Kayode, to ensure the quick settlement of the matter.

He said, “I want to assure the widows and dependants of the victims of the C-130 crash that claimed a generation of mid-level military officers at Ejigbo on the outskirts of Lagos on September 26, 1992 that this administration will do everything in its powers to pay the outstanding gratuity and benefits of their late husbands and fathers.

“I sincerely apologise on behalf of the Federal Government for the unwarranted and unacceptable delay they have faced in getting their dues. I feel your pain and anguish and I have directed the Minister of Defence to as soon as possible ensure that all the entitlements and death benefits due to the widows and children of the deceased are paid.

“Your husbands and fathers paid the supreme price for our nation and it is my intention that under my watch, Nigeria, our beloved country, remembers to return the favour for patriotic and gallant service to our motherland. The labour of our heroes past should never be in vain. May their souls rest in peace. GEJ”

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010111142510
Re: Jonathan Assures On C130 Crash Victims’ Entitlements by supereagle(m): 8:59pm On Nov 11, 2010
Uncle JEG for you. Redressing IBB wahala .

(1) (Reply)

Internet: Some Questions To Philip Emeagwali / Dokpesi Maintains He Has No Connection With Bombings / Police Hunt Assailants For Plucking The Eye Of 84-yr-old Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.