Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,117 members, 7,973,753 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:21 AM

Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria (1595 Views)

Tinubu’s First Year In Office: There Is Hope For Nigerians – Wike / Senate Hails Buhari On Completion Ajaokuta-warri Rail During Test Run Inspection / Nigeria To Sell Ajaokuta Steel Company After Spending $80bn On A Moribund Steel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by FactBoyz: 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2019
By Jayamma Abanobi ()

My visit to Ajaokuta coincided concurrently with my quest to travel; and when the chance came, I ensured I utilised it fully. I am a final year Architecture student of the University of Nigeria Enugu Campus and visiting the West African Ceramics LTD (Royal Tiles) proved to be a brilliant delight to me. It all started this way…

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Tour By Factboyz

https:///2019/10/factboyz-ceo-visits-royal-tiles-ajaokuta-kogi-state-confirms-hope-for-nigeria-pics.html

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by FactBoyz: 10:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
The West African Cermaics LTD (Royal Tiles) organize scholarships for Architecture students in 7 Federal universities, with full focus solely on the Masters of Architecture level. So the scholarship only applies for Masters in Architecture.

The benefits the company assured my school UNN, are of mutual benefit and are all signed in a memorandum of understanding. With inclusions to the fact that the scholarship applies to the school.. (So you continue your Masters program with the school) The benefits of the scholarship include full funding for Tuition and Accommodation.

Hence, our journey to Ajaokuta began, as we needed to take the aptitude test that will qualify us for the scholarship.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by FactBoyz: 10:14pm On Oct 25, 2019
The benefits the company assured my school UNN, are of mutual benefit and are all signed in a memorandum of understanding. With inclusions to the fact that the scholarship applies to the school.. (So you continue your Masters program with the school) The benefits of the scholarship include full funding for Tuition and Accommodation.

Hence, our journey to Ajaokuta began, as we needed to take the aptitude test that will qualify us for the scholarship.

We left Enugu around 8.00 am and arrived West African Ceramics LTD (Royal Tiles) Ajaokuta, Kogi State by some minutes past 1.

When we alighted I couldn’t help but notice how heavily industrialized the place is. I was impressed when I saw hundreds of workers working in good conditions and meeting Sustainable goals in universal environmental standards.. I immediately started to see that Nigeria will definitely be great one day.

We were accompanied by Dr. Okey Nduka. one of our senior lecturers.

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by FactBoyz: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
We were received by the staff of the company including Mr Yahaya Ibrahim Lasiu the Health Safety Expert and Mr Mohammed the Personnel Manager and surprisingly staff of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) were on ground to record it all.

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by FactBoyz: 10:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
We arrived on Wednesday, October the 23rd and we were 32 students in all.

Before I forget, it was only open for Final year students of Architecture in Federal Universities.

We ate and we were all happy and glad.. After eating, we proceeded to the training center where we were welcomed my the Marketing Manager, an Indian man who I couldn’t pick his name. He addressed us and welcomed us officially.

He added that we would tour the industry ASAP and then write an aptitude test the next day (Thursday) based on what we learnt. After all the lecture, we proceeded to the buses where we began the tour of the company.

The company is fully into the production of Wall Tiles, Floor Tiles and Roofing Tiles.. Vitrified and Porcelain Tiles, Marble Series, Granite Series Etc. Honestly, I had lost hope for this country, but after this you, my brain reset to loving this country with full hopes that things will become better. I won’t go into details as to how the tiles were made, but I can say they are of high quality.

One thing I must not fail to mention is that 97% of the materials used in the production process are locally sourced. I specifically learnt that they get Red Clay from Abia state because of its elasticity to produce red tiles and Kaolin from Bauchi state.

After about an hour of touring the industry, taking notes and asking questions we got back to the training center where we proceeded to the bus that will convey us all the hotel in Lokoja, the state capital; which about an Hour and 15 minutes from Ajaokuta. (Note these were all free!)

After we arrived the hotel, we were paired two two (Definitely of the same sex) after refreshing we ate and retired for the day, with many of us reading the jottings we did during the tour in preparation for the aptitude test to be written the next day.

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by FactBoyz: 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
Thursday, October 24th 2019

We had breakfast (free) at the hotel and got into bus as we headed to Ajaokuta the company’s headquarters. We wrote the test which had about 15 questions that were all theory questions.

After the test, the General Manager came in to welcome us. The GM as he was called was an Indian man with a red dot on his forehead. Mr Yahaya, the Health Safety Expert introduced him as the brain behind the success of the company.

He addressed us, encouraging us to use the local minerals we have around us to develop our country Nigeria. He talked about how his company used local materials efficiently to produce the tiles. We were all inspired and we were glad he spoke to us.

Friday, October 25th 2019

We wore the Tshirts we were given and after some photographs, we began the journey back to Enugu.

In summary, I learnt

1. The production processes of Tile Making

2.That Nigeria is blessed with a lot of untapped mineral resources

3. There is indeed hope for Nigeria.

Thanks.

Jayamma Abanobi

()

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by FactBoyz: 10:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
More Pics

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by FactBoyz: 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
grin

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by FactBoyz: 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
Thanks for the opportunity West African Cermaics LTD

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by helinues: 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
An adventurer bloggers Wey no fit cover the lapses in whatever he/she covers.. Is that one a blogger
Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by Guestlander: 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
None of them wore any safety equipment. The company should have extra for visitors or ask them to bring their own.
Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by FactBoyz: 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2019
Guestlander:
None of them wore any safety equipment. The company should have extra for visitors or ask them to bring their own.
Basically, the safety was against dust and some heavy nasal scents that could be dangerous.. So we used nose masks.. We kept considerable distance from the heavy machinery

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by Jordan97: 11:01pm On Oct 25, 2019
Way to go Factboyz.. Detailed Adventure

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by Guestlander: 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
FactBoyz:
Basically, the safety was against dust and some heavy nasal scents that could be dangerous.. So we used nose masks.. We kept considerable distance from the heavy machinery

How do you determine what is a considerable distance? I saw a cutting machine, you could be blinded by a flying debris. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by OhBiafra: 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2019
Show us the useless road surrounding the factory
Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by Jordan97: 11:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
OhBiafra:
Show us the useless road surrounding the factory
Appreciate good factory before you appreciate bad road.. Nigerians and Negative mindset
Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by Generalwoodz(m): 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
So Because You went to Ajaokuta and confirms there's hope for Nigeria.. We should start jubilating right?

You only told us all the good parts neglecting the pathetic sides.

Say the truth bros;

Did you noticed how the workers there are treated Majority of them work in the worst conditions I have ever seen. No safety boots,googles,nose mask,Helmet and ecetera.. You only mentioned " Seeing hundreds of workers working in favourable condition" You personally know thats a blantant lie. if it was true why wasnt safety equipment given to you guys ?.

Secondly, there isnt any hope indeed for Nigeria. The country don cast! You took cognizance of the roads surrounding both the two factories right ?. BN ceramics runned by the chinese and WACL by indians

The only thing clear here is that you enjoyed free meal,clothing and Accomodation.

I don't know what you intend gaining by pushing fallacy to us...live up to your name and always do the needful. (no offence)

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by ForeThinker: 12:11am On Oct 26, 2019
Hope una njoy una sef Wella after the tour

Theres more hope for Nigeria then menh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by Thisis2raw(m): 12:49am On Oct 26, 2019
Wow that nice, I'll like to visit a lot of places in Naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by leofab(f): 2:03am On Oct 26, 2019
Na wah
Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by Jordan97: 7:26am On Oct 26, 2019
Generalwoodz:
So Because You went to Ajaokuta and confirms there's hope for Nigeria.. We should start jubilating right?

Say the truth bros;

Did you noticed how the workers there are treated Majority of them work in the worst conditions I have ever seen. No safety boots,googles,nose mask,Helmet and ecetera.. You only mentioned " Seeing hundreds of workers working in favourable condition" You personally know thats a blantant lie. if it was true why wasnt safety equipment given to you guys ?.

Secondly, there isnt any hope indeed for Nigeria. The country don cast! You took cognizance of the roads surrounding both the two factories right ?. BN ceramics runned by the chinese and WACL by indians

The only thing clear here is that you enjoyed free meal,clothing and Accomodation.

I don't know what you intend gaining by pushing fallacy to us...live up to your name and always do the needful. (no offence)
You can still reasonably comment without the hate
Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by Generalwoodz(m): 7:28am On Oct 26, 2019
Jordan97:
You can still reasonably comment without the hate
You could do well by showing me the hate..
Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by 24kmagic: 10:20am On Oct 26, 2019
Make I no talk wetin de my mind
Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by jieta: 10:33am On Oct 26, 2019
Generalwoodz:

Say the truth bros;

Why don't you report the negativity you wrote up there so that the appropriate authorities would take the necessary steps. Nigeria don cast, nigeria don spoil yet we are not trying to make it better.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Blogger Factboyz Visits Ajaokuta Confirms There Is Hope For Nigeria by FactBoyz: 8:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
24kmagic:
Make I no talk wetin de my mind
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Banned Rice And Milk Produce In The North But Allow Hyundai Motor / Can Apc Win Rivers In 2023? / BREAKING: Lagos Airport Hotel Ikeja Is On Fire, Who's Setting The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.