Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,341 members, 7,888,083 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:56 PM

Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength (877 Views)

Why We Must Stop Praying Or Bowing To Mary / Nigerian Christians Stop Praying / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Joagbaje(m): 6:51am On Nov 12, 2010
Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

For most Christians, listening to the content of their prayers you can tell whether or not they’re acting in faith, or they’re ignorant of God’s Word. For example, our opening scripture doesn’t suggest that we’re to pray to God to strengthen us, meanwhile there’re Christians who, every time, would pray, “O Lord, strengthen me!” In the scripture above, the psalmist didn’t ask the Lord for strength, he said “The Lord is the strength of my life!” What a confession. Now, that’s different from saying “Strengthen me, O Lord.”

The guy who prays “Lord, strengthen me,” might even get weaker and weaker while he’s yet praying like that, because he’s praying amiss! “What’s wrong in praying that the Lord should strengthen us? Didn’t Paul pray for the Christians in Ephesus to be strengthened with might in their inner man by the Spirit?” You might want to ask. In Ephesians 3:14-16 the Apostle Paul is talking about being invigorated by the Holy Ghost in your inner man when he says “For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man.”

Paul is praying here for the ministry of the Spirit to be fulfilled in you. He’s not praying as the man who’s weak and asking “O God, please strengthen me”; no! The Word already says, “The Lord is your strength.” Therefore yours is to consciously and constantly declare “the Lord is my strength” and as you say that, you’re strengthened.

It’s like praying, “O God give me more power”; He already said in
Acts 1:8 “
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you…”

Therefore, having received the Holy Spirit, you don’t need to ask God for more power; the Holy Spirit, the power of God, and power-giver Himself lives in you now! He’s all the power you need. So don’t pray “O God strengthen me!” Rather, say “Lord you’re my strength and power.” Declare like David,
Psalm 18:1-2
“I will love thee, O Lord, my strength…my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower”

From  pastor chris
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Image123(m): 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2010
I get the point, but all this attention grabbing is not worthwhile. There's nothing wrong in praying for what you don't seem to have. Prayer is not only about the right words. Colossians 1v9-11. It's asking for the same thing from different but right perspectives. Those that pray shall renew strength.
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Tonyet1(m): 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2010
Prayer by David when Saul sent army to chase after him

Ps 6:2 - "I am worn out, O LORD; have pity on me!Give me strength ; I am completely exhausted" TEV

Is there anything wrong in asking for strength? I personally dont think so. . .because when you know whom to run to in trouble and seek for solution. . .this my friend is faith (faith is trust, confidence and action-believe in ~). cheers!
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Joagbaje(m): 2:41pm On Nov 12, 2010
Tonye-t:

Prayer by David when Saul sent army to chase after him

Ps 6:2 - "I am worn out, O LORD; have pity on me!Give me strength ; I am completely exhausted" TEV

Is there anything wrong in asking for strength? I personally dont think so. . .because when you know whom to run to in trouble and seek for solution. . .this my friend is faith (faith is trust, confidence and action-believe in ~). cheers!

The OT heroes had their ups and down. They even complain sometimes. It's not all they did that were according to truth. We quote their faith and not their limitations sometimes they operate in truth according to Gods principles. Other times ,they fluctuated , mummur and complain even against God. That didn't mean their action were spiritual.

But for the christians , its a different set of rules. So let's look at it in the light of the new testament. Our lives are in the past tense of God. He had made us, we have, he had empowered us, healed us. everything partaining to us is in the past tense.
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Image123(m): 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2010
^This is surprising. You both quoted the Psalms, what's your point about 'OT heroes'? EVERYTHING pertaining to you is in the past? I'm surprised that you still surprise me.
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Joagbaje(m): 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2010
The point is that a Christian has all things.  We don't need to pray to God for what he has given us. I shouldn't say God should give me power or authority. He has already said it's mine.

Luke 10:19
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 

John 1:12
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,[ even] to them that believe on his name:

We should look at the perspective of my approach
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Tonyet1(m): 5:29pm On Nov 12, 2010
@ Mr.Agbaje my friend,

your Introductory passage was from the same book I quoted (Psalms) so i see no reason why you're still condemning the same testament we both used.

However, I'll still quote from the new testament so we both could see "the value of dependency - Master & Servant relationship" embarassed embarassed

The disciples said unto Jesus. . .teach us how to pray. . .and He(Jesus) said unto them. . .when ye pray. . .PRAY LIKE THIS. . .OUR FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN. . . GIVE US OUR DAILY BREAD - Matt.6:9-11

One thing I learnt from studying the biblos was the form of relationships that spanned across different tiers,

There is one the
Deity & Worshipper, this was prevalent both in the OT & NT, this relationship structure outlined Man rendering his benevolence as adoration and reverence to a God. One dictates and the other follows without any form of challenge.

There is yet another the relationship between friends, better put -
Friend & friend relationship, this still yet was seen thru' the OT & NT, in this context a mutual affection entailing love is found. One can give his life for the other, there is no form of dictatorship here, inotherwords they could operate on the same level (no junior/no senior). Covenants are what makes man enjoy this relationship with a GOD. In OT, David and Jonathan played this role. While in the NT, it was Friendship between heaven and earth (John.3:16)

The other is the relationship between a
Teacher & Subjects, here the students are schooled and taught to believe and act the script, and when they do so, results are eminent, it looks similar to the next relationship but it is still different. The scenario is likened to what we experience in secular schools. i.e. you will be taught a subject and given exams to write, in which case you are not allowed to ask the teacher the answer anymore. Jesus showcased this form when he said to his disciples. . .how long shall I be with (teach) you, meaning he expected them to exhibit the thought-system he had imparted to them.

The last but not least is the
Master & Servants relationship, here the Master is seen as the possessor of all things that will make for the 'wholesome health' of his ever depending servant. Life, food, clothing, shelter and more are eminent to sustain this relationship. Inotherwords, give me, give me, give me is ever prevalent, because a servant must always depend on his master for sustainence, which is where prayers like GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD, WHOEVER LACKS WISDOM LET HIM ASK, ASK AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN are used.

Mr.Jo, please note that in all these forms. . .faith is still the driving force. (and that is said based on how you see faith). I dont see faith as speaking unseen things to materialise, but rather my connection with an unseen force to sustain our relationships at different tiers. Really had much to say and quote but for time.

cheers!
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Joagbaje(m): 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2010
Thanks, I understand you. Maybe I didn't present it in a clear way. I will repackage it so as not to be misunderstood.
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Enigma(m): 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2010
Joagbaje:

Thanks, I understand you. Maybe I didn't present it in a clear way. I will repackage it so as not to be misunderstood.

You are going to repackage what a whole "pastor chris" wrote?
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Rhino4dm: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2010
@ Tonyet
off topic: i ve sent you mail with
Mt.naija@yahoo.com
holla back
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Tonyet1(m): 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2010
Response to your post #5

I'd love you to try and connect each of those passages you quoted to a relationship-system as I explained in #6

Luke 10:19 is a response to their testimony as given in vs.18. That is, there testimony was what caused Jesus to give them authority. There was a request so there came a response. Inotherwords if they had not said those words, they would not have gotten that authority.

Let me explain:

recall the story of the 10 lepers, they were all healed because they all asked. later only one came back to appreciate and in the process, his appreciation became a request that prompted a response. Read it
Luke 17:19 - And Jesus said to him, because you did this, therefore you faith (REQUEST) has made you whole (RESPONSE)

John.1:12  is still the same system, it says whoever would receive the Christ (REQUEST) will be given power (RESPONSE).

All these illustrations are scenarios of the Master & Servant relationship, because the servant will not receive authority until he requests, a servant will not receive power until he acknowledges the Christ (Master). But all these, my friend is different from the form as used by Jesus in saying - whosoever believes in me is not condemned, but whosoever disbelieves is condemned already. Its unconditonal! its without challenge! Its the Deity & Worshippers relationship.

cheers!
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Tonyet1(m): 5:55pm On Nov 12, 2010
Joagbaje:

I'll respect that my friend! wink

Enigma:

You are going to repackage what a whole "pastor chris" wrote?

Guy you are funny. . .got me laffing unlaffingly grin
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Tonyet1(m): 5:58pm On Nov 12, 2010
Rhino.4dm:

@ Tonyet
off topic: i ve sent you mail with
Mt.naija@yahoo.com
holla back

woow. . .cant wait to check. Thanks bro! grin grin
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Image123(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2010
Everything noted.
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Joagbaje(m): 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2010
@TONYE-t
Tonye-t:

Response to your post #5
I'd love you to try and connect each of those passages you quoted to a relationship-system as I explained in #6
Luke 10:19 is a response to their testimony as given in vs.18. That is, there testimony was what caused Jesus to give them authority. There was a request so there came a response. Inotherwords if they had not said those words, they would not have gotten that authority.

There was a request so there came a response. i  agree with you. But my point is , after the answer had come . They don't need a request again. We gave our hearts to the lord and receive eternal life. All things were credited into our account. Power authority , wealth,wisdom etc.

All we need  is to recognise what we have in christ already. So praying to God to give us what we have already is a baby prayer. You quoted    

because a servant must always depend on his master for sustainence, which is where prayers like GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD, WHOEVER LACKS WISDOM LET HIM ASK, ASK AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN [/b]are used.

It's James that use such language.

Tonye-t:

Luke 10:19 is a response to their testimony as given in vs.18. That is, there testimony was what caused Jesus to give them authority. [b]There was a request so there came a response. Inotherwords if they had not said those words, they would not have gotten that authority

There was a request so there came a response. i  agree with you. But my point is , after the answer had come . They don't need a request again. We gave our hearts to the lord and receive eternal life. All things were credited into our account. Power authority , wealth,wisdom etc. 

All we need  is to recognise what we have in christ already. So praying to God to give us what we have already is a baby prayer. You quoted    

because a servant must always depend on his master for sustainence, which is where prayers like GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD, WHOEVER LACKS WISDOM LET HIM ASK, ASK AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN [/b]are used.

[color=#990000][b]James 1:5

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all[ men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

In truth there is no child of God that lacks wisdom. The life of Jesus christ in us has become wisdom to us.

1 Corinthians 1:24
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 1:30
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 

A mature Christian won't pray to have wisdom , or righteousness or sanctification. He needs to acknowledge the presence of such in him already. If he is not seeing it manifesting, he should declare " I have the wisdom of God in me " christ is my wisdom. The life of christ is manifested through me. I am the embodiment of divine wisdom. Etc. By such declaration , he stirs up the wisdom from the inside to manifest.  

No matter what you have received , if you don't acknowledge them and meditate on them. They may not show up.

1 Timothy 4:14-15
14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. 15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Philemon 1:6
6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectua[b]l by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in yo[/b]u in Christ Jesus. 
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Image123(m): 3:43am On Nov 13, 2010
Joagbaje:

@TONYE-t
There was a request so there came a response. But my point is , after the answer had come . They don't need a request again. We gave our hearts to the lord and receive eternal life. All things were credited into our account. Power authority , wealth,wisdom etc. 

James 1:5
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all[ men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

In truth there is no child of God that lacks wisdom. The life of Jesus christ in us has become wisdom to us.

A mature Christian won't pray to have wisdom , or righteousness or sanctification. He needs to acknowledge the presence of such in him already. If he is not seeing it manifesting, he should declare " I have the wisdom of God in me " christ is my wisdom. The life of christ is manifested through me. I am the embodiment of divine wisdom. Etc. By such declaration , he stirs up the wisdom from the inside to manifest.  

No matter what you have received , if you don't acknowledge them and meditate on them. They may not show up.
Why Joagbaje are you so poisonous? I was beginning to enjoy you ehn. I'd rather a 'baby' prayer than a drunken sinful prayer. See what you commented on again.
a servant must always depend on his master for sustainence, which is where PRAYER[b]S[/b] like GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD, WHOEVER LACKS WISDOM LET HIM ASK, ASK AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN are used.
3 references, 2 are Jesus', 1 is James' if we can truly call it James' and not God's. And your verdict? James is a baby, sorry o, ancient man.
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Image123(m): 3:53am On Nov 13, 2010
The truth is that faith is most important in prayer, not the structure of words used. There are so many "I'm strong", "There's a lot of money on me" confessions that are empty and even annoying.
Every one that asketh receiveth still works today. I am healed, we were healed, heal me o Lord, they ALL work. Stop this your i'm right, others are wrong doctrines.
And btw, there will be foolish virgins in that day, not all wise virgins.
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by nuclearboy(m): 6:50am On Nov 13, 2010
^^ I really start to get you now, Image123 and I like what I see smiley smiley smiley

Image123:

The truth is that faith is most important in prayer, not the structure of words used. There are so many "I'm strong", "There's a lot of money on me" confessions that are empty and even annoying.

Every one that asketh receiveth still works today. I am healed, we were healed, heal me o Lord, they ALL work. Stop this your i'm right, others are wrong doctrines.
The italicised bolded is a very unfortunate part of the shows called church today.

AND the just bolded is BRILLIANT analogy for this thread - I clap for you.

There WILL be foolish christians virgins on that day, not all wise christians virgins! smiley And what happened to such foolish virgins will happen again. Such are called FOOLISH by the Lord of Life Himself, not Jo and not chris. Thus the APOSTLE JAMES was 100% right saying "if you lack, ASK". Because obviously, anyone called foolish YET A VIRGIN CHRISTIAN by JESUS Himself definitely lacks wisdom even though they are virgins.

How a supposed man of God can write some of the things we see here beats me. Poisonous just as you say, Image. Or maybe just a foolish virgin himself spouting words written by another foolish virgin.

Again, I doff my cap for your simple analogy that destroys all that rubbish & restores life to those who want it and read the tripe above.
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Joagbaje(m): 7:26am On Nov 13, 2010
Image 123 &nuclear boy
The fact that you can't eat it doesn't make it wrong. I suggest you just stick to your milk and leave the meat for those who can chew it. What you call poison is meat. There are prayers that God may not answer because he had answered them by his word already.
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by nuclearboy(m): 8:08am On Nov 13, 2010
@Joagbaje:

Strong meat ko, rotten dog ni!

Your first post said NOT to pray for strength but just to declare it. But now, you gently backpedal and say "SOME" prayers have already been answered. So its some strength not ALL strength. The point is that you are dishonest and patently a fraud. Why are you changing it now that the "virgins" allegory has shown you up? and of course, you come against James, a true Apostle VERIFIED by the Word of God as a true servant of God whist trying to glorify your charlatan.

The truth is that your chris and yourself are the baby christians for whom Christianity is profit. Think about it - All the apostles started off fleshly, money, power, miracles etc. That was what occupied them at the start. But when they matured and came to fulness in Christ, they dropped the money/power thing and even despised such. They GAVE their lives to doing God's Word, not enriching their pockets or seeking miraculous events.

It is PASTOR CHRIS and YOU that are baby (and poison-filled) Christians. Thats if you even know God. Foolish Virgin love-peddler!
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Joagbaje(m): 8:21am On Nov 13, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Joagbaje:

Strong meat ko, rotten dog ni!

Your first post said NOT to pray for strength but just to declare it. But now, you gently backpedal and say "SOME" prayers have already been answered. So its some strength not ALL strength.

Seems you have a problem of comprehension, where did I backpedal . You so impatient to jump into your deluded conclusions. 

The point is that you are dishonest and patently a fraud. Why are you changing it now that the "virgins" allegory has shown you up? and of course, you come against James, a true Apostle VERIFIED by the Word of God as a true servant of God whist trying to glorify your charlatan.

What virgin allegory ?what has virgin got to do with this. Do you guys even understand the parable in the first place grin

It is PASTOR CHRIS and YOU that are baby (and poison-filled) Christians. Thats if you even know God. Foolish Virgin love-peddler!

See who is talking about poison, you? Is there a thread you don't vomit the Vernon and maggot and filth?
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Joagbaje(m): 8:51am On Nov 13, 2010
@Image123
Image123:

Why would the word of God be annoying to you.

Joel 3:10
10 : let the weak say, I[ am] strong.

That's declaration of faith. You change hope less situation by faith declaration. Faith always get result if you stick to the word.

Every one that asketh receiveth still works today.

Yes I agree but it depends on what you are asking. You don't ask God for what he has done already for you in christ. It's children prayers , it may work for new convert for a period of time. 

I am healed, we were healed, heal me o Lord, they ALL work.

They are not thsesame. You ought to rebuke the devil of infirmity . When dealing with the devil you don't pray to God. We may pray to God in intercession for others. But for you as a Christian , you should find out from the word , what belongs to you , declare it and receive it by faith.  If you feel pain , you rebuke it and command it to go.if it's oppression of the devil you do the same.   

Stop this your i'm right, others are wrong doctrines.

You are the one saying so. I only accept the word of God what it says. The word of God is what is right .

Aah,  I see where nuclearboy is coming from. I think you should explain the relevance of your Virgin story.

Let me ask you this.How do reconcile it when someone says to God." Pleeease! Tell the devil to leave me alone "
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by newmi(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2010
Image123:

I get the point, but all this attention grabbing is not worthwhile. There's nothing wrong in praying for what you don't seem to have. Prayer is not only about the right words. Colossians 1v9-11. It's asking for the same thing from different but right perspectives. Those that pray shall renew strength.

Well thank God you said ", don't seem to have, " meaning that we can question the reality of the "not having", that is the reason why it becomes even more out of place because the obvious is merely a seemingly reality not a factual or actual reality otherwise what then do you make of these revealing scripture:

2Corintians 4:15-18
15 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

2 Corinthians 9
11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
12 For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;

1 Corinthians 3
21 ¶ Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

Therefore let no one boast about his human teachers.
For everything belongs to you--be it Paul or Apollos or Peter, the world or life or death, things present or future--everything belongs to you;
and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.(WNT)

in as much as in the context of 1 corinthians 3 the apostle Paul was addressing an issue of sectarianism and the idea of people constituting factions within the church in the name of pledging their loyalty to one individual or the other such actions were enemical to the unity of the body, He succeeded in bring home to our hearts the reality of our true state in Christ little wonder he added as a parting impression verse 23 ", and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God, "(WNT)

[i]Eph1
3 ¶ Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: [/i]

l know someone might want to comment well thats talking about spiritual blessings and infact in the heavenly realm, yes but have you forgotten so soon that life itself is spiritual, the earth is the physical niche of God's spiritual universe and even more significan is the fact that the spiritual governs the physical
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by newmi(m): 9:53am On Nov 13, 2010
l know some critical minds which l must admit for the most that l admire, may want to voice their reservations by quoting maybe a scripture like Matthew 7:7
7 ¶ Ask, and it shall be given you,
8 For every one that asketh receiveth,
hmmmm sure what a great and comforting promise.
other wonderful provisionary scriptures are sited in

John 14
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Matt 21:22
22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

John 16 (one my very favourite)
23 ¶ And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

and so on.

but you see as children of the monarch of the universe, we don't ask because we don't have otherwise that would literally negate what the Father hath already achieved in Christ Jesus for us through His Holy Spirit rather we ask placing a demand on the reality of existance of those things for which we desire to manifest in this realm of the senses or like image123 rightly stated those things that ", we don't seem to have, "
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by newmi(m): 10:34am On Nov 13, 2010
For instance, you hear some people praying and asking God to make them holy or crying and sobing asking God to help them live a holy life. l feel really saddened by their plight, l feel indeply and sympathetically concern for their innocently sincere ignorance.

Ephesians 1
3 ¶ Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Ephesians 2 (this scripture is revealing)
1 ¶ And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 ¶ But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
11 ¶ Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 ¶ For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

2 Tim 1
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

1 Thess 4:7
7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness

Col 1:22
22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Jude 1:24( described God as the one who is able to keep us from falling, isn this amazing. The problem with alot of people is their laziness to engage in spiritual exercises, they read everything else but the book which contains details of thier vital existence- isn't this insipient death?)
little wonder why many are living a low standard life style
24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

You know l can go on and on, but the point is there are things you can ask God for like you can ask for perishing souls to won and concerted to God through the preaching of the gospel

some of the scripture above reveals to us how that we have been called to be holy, choosen to be holy, born to be holy all because of the stained blood of Jesus' cross and His penultimate triumphant resurrection. Believe this and stop being a snag to God

Pr 10:1 ¶ The proverbs of Solomon. A wise son maketh a glad father:
Pr 9:12 If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
Pr 23:15 My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. {even, : or, even I will rejoice}
Pr 23:16 Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things.

l love this particular one, for many years it has inspired me
Pr 27:11 ¶ My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.

note God is the object of the reproach here yet He says my son be wise so l can respond adequately to this reproaches that means until you come out wise God is being reproached because people instead of praising God they end up perhaps blaming God or piting you and that is the worst thing to do to a christian- to pity him
Re: Stop Praying To God To Give You Strength by Image123(m): 11:13pm On Nov 13, 2010
^thanks for the compliments, Nuclearboy.
@Newmi and Joagbaje
I'm not arguing against your stance on this matter, but truth is that asking and 'confessing' are two sides of the same faith coin. There's nothing wrong with children of God praying 'children's prayer' to their heavenly Father. Jesus said ASK (Matthew 7v7,cool. James said ASK (James 1v5). Peter asked for strength (1Peter 5v10). Paul asked for strength (Colossians 1v9-11). 'strengthened with all might'. Paul was also said to go about strengthening all THE disciples in Acts of the apostles.
I don't enjoy just arguing for the sake of it. It's good you grow up to recognise positional status and experiential status. Ahn, that's too much milk i guess,

(1) (Reply)

May 21, 2011 Is Judgment Day! / Get Your Brain " Washed" / Put Others First – Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.