Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,668 members, 7,975,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 08:10 AM

My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt (1204 Views)

Fire Razes Nigeria Immigration Service Headquarters In Abuja / Immigration Service Ban 150 Nigerians From Traveling Abroad / Smuggling Booms At Nigeria, Niger Border, Despite Border Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by Spiritfun: 9:41pm On Oct 28, 2019
Sequel to my determination to seek a better standard of living outside the shores of Nigeria, I proceeded to obtain my international passport at the Nigerian immigration office, Port Harcourt.

Precisely, I was able to process my data and got my details captured into their system early September. I was assisted by one officer who successfully helped some of my friends and relatives to obtain their passports.

Initially, I was curious to ask him when the passport will be ready, he told me about one month. I payed 28k for the passport, that's some thousands above the official cost. I didn't mind because I know say nah naija we dey. Las Las, someone must get him choppings. Lol.

After a month, I became impatient and I called the officer to inquire why the passport wasn't ready as he promised. He told me unequivocally, that they don't have materials to print the passport. I further asked him when it was likely to be ready then he told me that it's quite uncertain. I was told that most persons that their details captured two months earlier haven't received theirs. I became upset and disappointed in our country the more.

To prove their ascertion, I called one of my former students that I saw there on the day I got my details captured he told me he got his passport the same week after paying additional 5k to the officers.

Then, I confronted the officer that's assisting me with this claim, he told me that if I need it urgently I should bring money and I'll get it. In the end, after much argument, I was compelled to pay additional 7k so that the UNAVAILABLE MATERIALS WILL BECOME AVAILABLE. This is indeed, Nigeria!

Since I came back today, I've been wondering what kind of a country we have. One officer I met had the audacity to tell me to give him additional 22k and he'll print the passport immediately.

Someone needs to really investigate what's happening at Nigeria Immigration Service, Port Harcourt. How on earth will printing materials be lacking in their facility for more than 3 months and no body is doing anything about it?

Things have not just fallen apart in Nigeria, every thing don scatter!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by HappyPagan: 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2019
You know when you turn off a fan, but it continues spinning till it slowly stops....

Nigeria is at the 'slowly stops' stage. Everyone is making whatever profit they can make from this dead dream. The rest are just watching in confusion.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by wingmanIII: 12:13am On Oct 29, 2019
It's a big shame. Started the process in March, yet to get the passport.
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by 1shortblackboy: 1:07am On Oct 29, 2019
It's deliberate they want to stop people from leaving the country. U know like north Korea. Soon stoping people from living the country will become officially enforced
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by leofab(f): 1:20am On Oct 29, 2019
For the culture
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by Midas01: 5:08am On Oct 29, 2019
And useless idiots are praising Tinubu, Amaechi, Buhari, Atiku on social media. The same people whose actions and ineptitude have kept Nigeria in a state of total anarchy and backwardness.
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by Passionate888: 6:48am On Oct 29, 2019
Them tell my friend say to get his passport early, that he should pay extra cash so that they will get the unavailable material from Calabar. Buhari didn't stop any corruption, he just increased it.
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by Kinematics: 9:41am On Oct 29, 2019
This is the country we live in.

That immigration office in PH should be closed. The level of corruption going on there is out of this world.

I had a very bad experience there too. Had to renew my passport in July, I paid 35k according to them so that I can get it done fast, only for me to get it in September after many drama at their office.

Getting national ID card is another story...

This country is indeed a shithole.
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by Kinematics: 9:42am On Oct 29, 2019
wingmanIII:
It's a big shame. Started the process in March, yet to get the passport.

You don't mean it?
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by Spiritfun: 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2019
Spiritfun:
Sequel to my determination to seek a better standard of living outside the shores of Nigeria, I proceeded to obtain my international passport at the Nigerian immigration office, Port Harcourt.

Precisely, I was able to process my data and got my details captured into their system early September. I was assisted by one officer who successfully helped some of my friends and relatives to obtain their passports.

Initially, I was curious to ask him when the passport will be ready, he told me about one month. I payed 28k for the passport, that's some thousands above the official cost. I didn't mind because I know say nah naija we dey. Las Las, someone must get him choppings. Lol.

After a month, I became impatient and I called the officer to inquire why the passport wasn't ready as he promised. He told me unequivocally, that they don't have materials to print the passport. I further asked him when it was likely to be ready then he told me that it's quite uncertain. I was told that most persons that their details captured two months earlier haven't received theirs. I became upset and disappointed in our country the more.

To prove their ascertion, I called one of my former students that I saw there on the day I got my details captured he told me he got his passport the same week after paying additional 5k to the officers.

Then, I confronted the officer that's assisting me with this claim, he told me that if I need it urgently I should bring money and I'll get it. In the end, after much argument, I was compelled to pay additional 7k so that the UNAVAILABLE MATERIALS WILL BECOME AVAILABLE. This is indeed, Nigeria!

Since I came back today, I've been wondering what kind of a country we have. One officer I met had the audacity to tell me to give him additional 22k and he'll print the passport immediately.

Someone needs to really investigate what's happening at Nigeria Immigration Service, Port Harcourt. How on earth will printing materials be lacking in their facility for more than 3 months and no body is doing anything about it?

Mods help push this to front page so that this injustice will get to the right persons
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by helinues: 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2019
Truth be told, there are orders at any Nigeria immigration offices nationwide. If you can not bribe, do not expect delivery on time ooo.

To those who might want to process new passport, find sure immigration contacts, ready for their charges and get your passport within 3 days. Those immigrations dey be like ( So you wan leave us for this country like that tongue )
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by AdolfHittler: 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Truth be told, there are orders at any Nigeria immigration offices nationwide. If you can not bribe, do not expect delivery on time ooo.

To those who might want to process new passport, find sure immigration contacts, ready for their charges and get your passport within 3 days. Those immigrations dey be like ( So you wan leave us for this country like that tongue )

[/s]
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
Spiritfun:

This PH office is filled with thieves.
I will storm there soon and visit the PCO again.
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Service - Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
Are we to blame buhari for this also? We nigerians are our own problem...

(1) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Pictured Destroying PDP Campaign Poster / Breaking News: Appeal Court Nullifies Seyi Makinde's Victory As Oyo Governor / Buhari Has Succeeded In The Islamization Of Nigeria - Martins Onovo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.