Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,763 members, 7,930,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:08 AM

54artistry's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 54artistry's Profile / 54artistry's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Fashion / Learn How This Awesome Photographer Retouched This Lovely Image by 54artistry: 11:03am On Aug 10, 2016
Watch the short tutorial below video to learn how our awesome beauty and lifestyle photographer, Prince Meyson retouched the lovely picture below and more outdoor photography tips.

You can watch it here>> http://blog.54artistry.com/Learn-How-Prince-Meyson-Retouched-This-Image.html

1 Like

Fashion / 9 Ways To Market A Makeup Artistry Business by 54artistry: 9:56am On Jun 30, 2016
As a freelance makeup artist, you're the core of your business. Therefore, it is up to you, and only you, to ensure that each aspect of your business is functioning as it should. This includes bookkeeping, invoicing, collecting testimonials, working on clients and marketing your makeup business. One of the most tedious tasks that most makeup artists dread is marketing their businesses. You market your business by using various methods of promotion to spread the word about your business in a positive manner to get clients on a consistent basis. This is quite possibly one of the most important aspects of your business, as without clients there is no business to speak of.

If you're a full-time freelance makeup artist, your livelihood depends on your ability to successfully attract clients. Even if you're a part-time freelance makeup artist, the more diligent you are in marketing your business right now, the sooner you will be able to make the leap to becoming a full-time makeup artist. Therefore, implementing some of the following tips just may be the key to developing a steady stream of income as a freelance makeup artist. Of course, there's no need to stop just at this list. Marketing requires consistent efforts. Implement additional promotional ideas into your marketing plan. It's always better to over-promote, than to under-promote.

9 Ways to Market a Makeup Artistry Business

Film YouTube Videos. Millions of people head to YouTube for beauty advice, makeup reviews and makeup tutorials. Develop a following for yourself as a professional makeup artist by creating high quality makeup tutorials, reviews and giving tips to combat common issues, such as concealing under-eye circles, acne, and making small lips look plumper. When creating your videos use good lighting, speak clearly and opt for a true video camera rather than using one that may be built into your computer. In addition, if you make partner on YouTube (your videos must be quite popular), it'll be an effective way to supplement your income while still following your passion in makeup.

Create a website. Most prospective clients research makeup artists before deciding to hire them. If your portfolio isn't online, you very well may lose potential clients to the competition. Create a website to showcase your portfolio, and also add pages that display your bio, and rates. Many makeup artists choose to quote on a case by case basis, therefore you may choose to simply implement a contact form and ask prospective clients to contact you for a quote.

Wear your work. Each time you leave the house, do your makeup in a professional, interesting and awe-inspiring manner. Soon enough, people at the grocery store, mall, school or wherever you seem to be, will begin to approach you to complement you on your makeup. Take this opportunity to inform your admirers that you're a makeup artist, and hand them a business card.

Network with other makeup artist. Networking with other makeup artists opens the door to you receiving their overflow, and vice a versa. When your makeup artist acquaintance has too many clients contacting her for work, she may refer them to you rather than turning them away altogether. This is an I-scratch-your-back-you-scratch mine type of agreement. When you have overflow, send it her way, and when she has overflow she just may send it your way. To truly maximize the potential of this technique network often with a large number of other makeup artists to hopefully receive regular overflow.

Join www.54artistry.com. 54artistry is a website where creative professionals, such as photographers, artists, designers and of course, makeup artists, can connect with one another. You can network with talented professionals in your area and work together to develop all of your portfolios simultaneously. Also, you might get some job requests from interested clients if you are verified. Just create a professionally written bio, upload quality pictures and activate your "hire button".

Participate in social media. Social networking is one of the most effective ways to spread the word about your freelance makeup artist business. Promote your business on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and any other social networking websites you're active on. The best way to promote your business is by sending a link to a blog post or YouTube video or updating your fans on the current happenings of your makeup artist business.

Ask your current customers for referrals. Offer your customers a 5% to 25% off coupon for every new client that they refer to your business. To sweeten the deal, you can also offer a discount to the client that is referred to you. This offers a greater incentive to spread the word about your business. If you feel as if you're losing money by offering such a discount, you can choose to totally skip this tip or alter it to your liking.

Advertise on blogs. Find relatively popular blogs that are tailored towards your demographic and purchase advertising. Nowadays, most independently owned blogs will offer their sponsors an introductory post which tells their readers about your business in addition to placing a button to your website or blog on their sidebar. You'll likely be able to get more bang for your buck by choosing to advertise on a blog that is tailored towards your local audience or a location you're willing to travel to.

Host a giveaway. Contact a local blog or business and offer a prize to every reader or customer that enters your giveaway. In exchange for the prize you're giving away, collect e-mail addresses from those that enter the giveaway so you can update them on the happenings of your business through an e-mail newsletter. This is also an effective way of increasing your YouTube subscriber count in order to help your makeup channel increase in popularity and make partner.

Finding clients as a makeup artist can be done by using rather frugal methods that are indeed effective. It is better to slowly build up a following for your business by implementing proven methods than to take out loans or spend thousands on methods that may or may not positively impact your makeup artist business. Remember, you're running a business – it's up to you, and only you, to ensure that you receive a steady stream of clients in order to make your business a success.

Related Articles

http://www.54artistry.com/blog/Read-These-Awesome-Tips-From-a-Celebrity-Makeup-Artist.html

http://www.54artistry.com/blog/HOW-TO-CLEAN-YOUR-MAKEUP-BRUSHES..html

Art, Graphics & Video / 8 Sure Ways To Be A Better Graphic Designer by 54artistry: 1:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
Graphic design is a weird art form; it is half business, half art. Most people who get into it do so because of their love of design. The successful ones get into it for the business.

As a Graphic Designer, you have your work critiqued and displayed on a ‘pedestal’, manage tight and strict deadlines, consistently stay creative…and when we have time, live our daily lives. We play many roles, wear different hats and face many challenges daily.

1) Competition

There are thousands of independent design businesses out there. This might worry you at the outset, but the fact is that reputation goes a long way.

Be personable, and take time to listen to your client’s needs and ideas, engage them in the project and then complete it on time and to their satisfaction – then you will earn their loyalty. Sometimes even the smallest of projects, if the client is ecstatic with what you have produced, can build into engaging, ongoing work.

So, to round up the challenge of ‘competition’…Don't waste your time worrying about the competition. Just ensure that every piece of work you create is your best because that’s what keeps the clients coming back and recommending you to other people.

2) Running the company

You may be the best designer in the county, but if you want to set up a design agency you really have to learn about running a business – and sharpish!

You need to find someone who knows their way around all the paperwork that is critical to setting up and keeping a business running smoothly so you can stay focused on getting on and doing the work you love. You can contract a good accountant the help with that.

3) Keep on top of the paperwork

Be organised and stay on top of the paperwork. Figure out a system that works for you and stick to it. From record keeping and invoicing to file saving methods – don’t look at admin as the root of all evil, as it keeps you well armed for the road ahead and gives you peace of mind.

A few things you need to do…

Create a tracking method for projects so you can do effective estimating and know if you’re making money.
Set up long-term business and personal goals for growth and financial stability.
Develop record keeping systems to ensure you understand where the dollars are coming from and going to.
Plan for setting aside money to find investments in equipment.

4) Set Rates

‘Bad Bait, Bad Fish’ – If you are giving your design services away for next to nothing, 9 times out of 10 you are not going to attract people who either understand or fully appreciate what you do.

At first you might panic by not having a guaranteed income that you might want to accept every job and quote ridiculously low rates. PLEASE DON'T if you want to be respected or paid fairly.

5) Take time to get to know your client

From my experience, clients will often come to you as a referral or because they’ve seen something already and they think they really must have exactly that same thing. My first question is, ‘Aside from the look, why do you want that? Tell me about you and your company first.’ It's good to know the client because your work should reflect them as much as possible, with your vision adding to theirs.

6) Be Professional - Clarify the Work

It's imperative that always set clear expectations for a project, no matter how small. I like to put a full and detailed quotation or contract together and get written authorisation from the client to proceed on those terms before starting work. I am always clear about the payment terms and may ask for a down payment up front to ensure the client is as invested in the project as I am and to ensure I’ll have some money to cover my time and expenditure if the project gets pulled down the road.

Things to clarify before starting a project:

Overall budget for the project
Billing expectations, as in hourly or project basis
Payment schedule
Delivery schedule, as in what phases to be completed and to whom by when
Final deliverable (eg whether I am expected to show concepts only or delivery production quality files).
Subcontractors – Whether I am using them, or am expected to use my client’s? If so, how much will they be paid, and by whom, and how much, and is there a markup?

7) Timekeep

It is always good to keep track of the time spent on each project. I think with design, you can find something particularly fascinating and get really engrossed in creating a very complex design beyond what you have originally quoted for. Sometimes you don’t mind this – if the end result is appreciated by the client – but I do compare actual time spent against the initial quotation to ensure that I am still working for a decent rate per hour.

cool Never Stop Learning

Graphic design is in an industry that technically and creatively evolves faster than many other professions. Designers constantly have to learn new software, and stay on top of trends – never stop learning or looking for inspiration.

Need some graphic design inspiration? You can check out some latest works here www.54artistry.com/Graphics-Designers

1 Like

Celebrities / Olamide, Korede Bello At Medicalaid Cancer Awareness Concert (photos) by 54artistry: 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2015
Photos from Medical Aid Cancer Awareness Charity Event by Chika Uko

See more photos: http:///YSDv0t

54artistry.com/Uko.Chika

Published on www.54artistry.com

Career / The Life Of A Photographer, Some Major Issues Discussed by 54artistry: 7:17am On Nov 13, 2015

The Life of a Photographer, Some Major Issues Discussed

Five Of Our Amazing Photographers Tell Us Issues They Face In Photography. Very Insightful!

We went about asking some of our photographers what it was that challenged them most about being a photographer. As a photographer, you may be able to relate with some of these issues. What’s your story? Don’t hesitate to share your story.

1. Adebayo Adebusola

Adebusola Adebayo is a creative beauty, fashion, advertisement and commercial photographer. See some of Adebusola’s works here: 54artistry.com/felixcrown

One of the challenges is CALLING YOUR PRICE, ‎like one of my mentor said: “you have to be able to convince yourself of your worth before you can convince others”.

The second challenge is the ABILITY TO BE BETTER THAN WHO YOU WERE YESTERDAY. One of my everyday quotes is 'strive to be better at every attempt'. Most photographers tend to stay in one spot too much for a very long time and most of the time it isn't their fault and at the same time it is. The economy is not encouraging and their own (photographer's) fault is the inability to get out of their comfort zone to be inspired. I, every day, challenge myself to be better at every attempt and by God's grace, it's working out for me. I pray it pays off.

Third challenge is CLIENTS' IDEOLOGY ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. Sometimes, after calling your price to a client, and it seemed over the bar for him/her, you'll hear something like ' is it not just to be snap?’ yeah right, you can imagine. Personally, this has been a challenge for me and I seldom try enlightening some clients, but how many do we have to enlighten?

Fourth challenge is GEARS. Photography is a capital-consuming enterprise. Apparently, you get what you pay for. This challenge can only apply to one if one is pretty sure his/her skills of photography. A photographer is not limited by the gears one has.

-
2. Abayomi Akande

Abayomi Akande is an Abuja based Photographer. See some of his works here: 54artistry.com/Akande.Abayomi

The problem I’ve had the most challenging are with CLIENTS, the ones NOT WILLING TO PAY FOR WORK, for instance a wedding I shot last year November in Lagos. I figured it was a mistake on my part too, I was paid half to cover the wedding for a client, not long after the wedding, the groom told me he wanted soft copies of the wedding so they could view through their honeymoon trip, and till now the client hasn't paid me.He ignores my calls, and I have stopped calling him. I figured he had gone to complete the job elsewhere, but I haven't been able to really meet with him because I live in Abuja, but I’ve figured a way to avoid such mistakes in the future. I have contracts that I and the client sign and all, I think that’s about it for me.

3. Diko Kingsley

Diko Kingsley is a wedding Photographer. See some of his works here 54artistry.com/diko.kingsley

In every business there are challenges we face, that is why sometimes we can’t complain or do anything about it.
As a Wedding photographer, I have the following issues:
First, there is the issue of dragging space with guests to shoot at the reception.
Second, trying to get to the couples location very early as 6am to start shooting.
An third, shooting for the whole day without taking a full square meal.
These are just a few I have in mind at the moment.

4. Prince Meyson

Prince Meyson is a Lagos based Beauty and Portrait. See some of his works here 54artistry.com/PrinceMeyson

I would say the major problem of photography in Nigeria is Affordability and Availability of Gear in Nigeria. The biggest seller of camera and camera gear in Nigeria is still one man called Okey Japan and he is expensive. Also, the type you might want to buy is not always readily available. And most of them are not up to par in terms of quality. For example, I want to buy a stand and this particular stand is called a C-stand and it goes for about N40,000 (200$). When you think about it, by the time you pay for shipping and all that if you’re buying it abroad, the cost escalates. So you say, instead of going through all this stress, why don’t I just buy it with Okey Japan. And you go to Okey Japan who probably sells it for an extra 10,000 or 15,000 but it’s usually not the same quality because chances are that he’s buying them from China and they are inferior. So you end up paying more for something that is worth less.

Also, photographers abroad usually have the option of instalmental payment where you pay gradually for a really expensive gear over some months. In Nigeria however, you normally have to pay outright. If you’re thinking of buying a lens for 2000$, you’re paying 2,000$ and cash for that matter.

Secondly, location for people that shoot landscape and the rest, I would say lack of locations. For example, somewhere in Nigeria or in Lagos, what landscape or hill do you want to shoot? You can’t just walk on the streets and go and shoot because most places are not even clean except, you’re going for a ghetto look and even for the urban looks, there aren’t so many awesome areas around.

Lastly, lack of collaboration with other fields involved with photography. For example modelling, make up and stylists. It’s pretty hard for an upcoming photographer to work with a major stylist because the latter would rather want to work with people that they think are on the same level as they are which doesn’t help upcoming photographers. Because there are a lot of them out there looking for who to work with and how to show how good they are.

5 5. Tobbie Maguire

Tobbie is a Commercial Photographer and a Globe trotter. See some of his works here 54artistry.com/tcd

There are so many challenges. But the main one I would say is that people normally devalue the work of a photographer. People need to be educated, so they can see photography as an art and something that can actually be paid for. I think more photographers would be able to enjoy what it is they do and continue because inasmuch as you can say you’re very passionate about photography. It’s a very expensive venture to go into. And you need to be encouraged in a way and the only way you can be encouraged is if someone values your work and is willing to pay for it. I would say that this is the biggest challenge of a photographer.

Other challenges are based on where you find yourself. But other times, photographers create their own challenges for themselves. Like a beginner photographer wanting to be paid the same amount that another photographer with years of experience is being paid. Also photographers that now decide to do these jobs for free or for next to nothing reduce the value of their work because the client would usually not value such work the way they would something that they paid for.

And then some clients also say that:“isn’t it just pictures you are taking?” not realising that you are preserving the memories of whatever event you’re capturing. You’ve probably spent hours standing trying to capture perfect moments and you’re normally the least paid of everyone involved during the event when after the whole event, it is these photographs that they will need to look at. And because photographers aren’t very well paid, they might not give you the best that they have to offer anyway. Then they start to complain about the photographer. Meanwhile, they probably decided to go with a mediocre photographer because they didn’t want to pay the price for a better photographer.

These are the challenges that we as photographers tend to face every time.

Published on: blog.54artistry.com

Art, Graphics & Video / 4 Tips On How To Hire A Good Graphics Designer by 54artistry: 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
[b]Getting the right image for your brand or business is often a hassle and a lot of work. Getting the right designs can also be very tricky. So you need a graphic designer to take care of this hassle and it can be very challenging finding the right graphic designer to handle the design or image branding for your business, blog or whatever it is you might want to put out there.

Just like a bad marriage partner, a bad graphic designer would seriously dent your image and cause you trouble and heartache. On the other hand, a good one…

In the case where you might want to handle the graphic designing yourself, you might be just too busy and this is where it becomes necessary to hire a professional graphic designer to take care of things for you. This will definitely make your life easier!

There is great responsibility in running a successful business or brand or image, especially for entrepreneurs, and the job of juggling it all at once only becomes too real.

Seriously, why waste your time and effort at something you are not the greatest at when you can get someone better to get it done? If you are not any good at it, you risk losing potential clients and sponsors. Think hard about it and make that move. Find the right Designer! Below are some tips that will help you take the hassle out of hiring the right man or woman for the job.

Do Your Own Research

What businesses or brands really catch your eye that you might want to emulate? When you find one, see if there is any credit given to a web design firm or graphic designer. On business page websites, you might usually find this in the footer towards the bottom of the page or in the source code. You can always email the business owner and ask them if you can’t find who the designer is. They might be willing to provide you with that information. Otherwise keep searching!

Have They Got A Portfolio?

It can be a very time-consuming task having to pick up the phone and call each designer or even sending them an email. The best way to find a graphic designer that specializes in exactly what you are looking for is by checking out their portfolio!

A graphic designer’s portfolio is a strong example of the saying ‘a picture is worth a thousand words.’ Typically, you will see examples of their best work on their portfolio and be able to decide what their focus is and what they are good at simply by looking at their portfolio.

Are you a Novice Designer?

Although this should be self-explanatory, it’s worth a mention here. You definitely want a graphic designer with experience;someone that also has business ethics and is professional in how he handles business. Ask them about their experience in specific mediums, especially in the area or aspects that you might want him to work for you.

Talk About What You Want

Once you have decided on a graphic designer, you want to make it very clear what you are looking for. Often, this type of work goes bad simply because the client wasn’t specific on what they wanted. You need to be specific about the graphics, colors, columns, sizes, etc. Give as much details about the job as you possibly can. Be explicit, be graphical. This will put your mind at ease knowing that your graphic designer knows just what you want.

Why Hire a Graphic Designer You Might Ask?

According to Scott Bedbury, “a brand is a story that is always being told”.

Consistent Branding

Your branding is a huge part of building a successful business. How easily can a person, especially a customer pick out your product easily? To seriously create an impression, you will want to bring a professional graphic designer on board to do this hard work. They will ensure your logo; fonts, images and colors are consistent across every medium.

Make a Bigger Impression

For whatever field you find yourself in, there are thousands others in that same field. You already have many competitors. As such, for you to be recognized and to make any impression at all, it’s going to take some effort.Maybe really a lot of work if you are in a cut throat industry. Your graphic designer can help design your business blog, logo and even your social media channels and promotional materials. They will do so in a way that captures attention and generates action. Every advantage helps in such a competitive world.

References: http://justcreative.com/

Kindly take time out to visit these other threads to see the portfolios of Nairaland graphics designers...
[size=14pt]https://www.nairaland.com/1823110/nairaland-portfolio-logo-designers[/size]

[size=14pt]https://www.nairaland.com/2188152/nairaland-portfolio-business-card-designers[/size]

Fashion / Fashion Trend: Lady Dansiki by 54artistry: 2:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
Check out this Lady Dansiki by Bunmi Olatunji @bunmibunmi

Project Link: http://www.54artistry.com/project/6013/Our_Lady_Dansiki.html

You will find the best fashion designers on www.54artistry.com

Art, Graphics & Video / Amazing Artwork For Nigeria's Independence Day by 54artistry: 7:11am On Oct 02, 2015
GWD by Omoshalewa Agiri

Naija @ 55....... Something to celebrate my motherland as she turns 55.

Project Link: http:///o9wJS8

1 Like

Jokes Etc / Funny Picture: Now That Change Is Here by 54artistry: 6:53am On Oct 02, 2015
One of the entries of the Green White Dreams GWD: #Diary 55 Initiative for Nigeria's Independence Day!

Entry by Enigma Photography

This time last year, electricity wasnt this sexy.....so as nigeria turns #55,
I'm celebrating an almost constant power supply!!! #NigeriaIsHealing
#Diary55 #54Artistry #IndependenceDay #ILoveNigeria #GreatPeopleGreatNation

Follow Link To See More Pictures: http://www.54artistry.com/search?q=GWD

Fashion / Team Natural: Hot Or Not?! by 54artistry: 11:28am On Sep 29, 2015
If you ever doubted that B-L-A-C-K-S-K-I-N and B-L-A-C-K-H-A-I-R were anything but absolutely beautiful and beautifully gorgeous, here's a little reminder.

We're B-L-A-C-K and we're P-R-O-U-D.

We're A-F-R-I-C-A-N and we're P-R-O-U-D.

Natural Mane by Bunmi Ogedengbe @neonvelvet
{www.54artistry.com/Ogedengbe.Bunmi}

#blackskin #blackhair #blackskindontcrack #teamanatural #african #africanbeauty #blackandproud #africanandproud #MUAs #MUAsof54artistry #54artistry

Project Link: http:///ZLNq8T

1 Like

Art, Graphics & Video / Scars Of Confusion by 54artistry: 5:14am On Sep 29, 2015
Scars tell stories. They say we survived.
What story do your scars tell?

Scars of Confusion by Marv Akanni @armvellous

{www.54artistry.com/Akanni.Marv}

#artwork #art #artists #artistsof54artistry #scars #scarred #54artistry

Celebrities / Man Crush Monday: Why We Love Richard Mofe Damijo by 54artistry: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2015
We love Veteran Actor Richard Mofe Damijo for many different reasons.

Some of which are:

1. He is an amazing actor!

2. He is too good looking for his age!!

Tell us yours!

Project Title: Richard Mofe Damijo RMD by Alabi Seyi @sheyispecialist

{www.54artistry.com/sheyispecialist}

#MCM #ManCrushMonday #art #artists #artistsof54artistry #actor #54artistry

Project Link: http:///hWgx7o

Fashion / Fulani Inspired Look by 54artistry: 9:30am On Sep 25, 2015
We love this very colorful look!

Fulani Inspired-Colourful Look
by Shafau Yusuf {54artistry.com/AshhhhBeauty}

#fulanibeauty #MUAs #MUAsof54artistry #colors #EidElKabir #54artistry

Fashion / Look Inspired By Eid El Kabir! by 54artistry: 9:05am On Sep 25, 2015
In the Spirit of Eid El Kabir, this make up artists has done a look inspired by the season!

Makeup Looks inspired by Sallah by Adesuwa Udeh

http:///yf730p

Happy Eid El Kabir!

Romance / When Is The Right Time To Propose? by 54artistry: 8:15am On Sep 22, 2015
When really is the right TIME to propose? What did you feel when you did? This here describes a person's feeling as he is about to propose. Enjoy!

Time To Propose by Dave Linus

I come here today, I’m kind of nervous
You know how words get in my way
It should come easy, I’ve been rehearsing
I don’t know why I’m so afraid, to say
'Will you marry me'‎
Put our love and life together
Will you stay with me‎
For always and forever
On bended knee, would you take this ring‎
Will you marry me, please
'Will you marry me'‎
To be with you is what I live for
But at this moment I confess
Though I love you, God knows I love you
Deep down inside I’m scared to death,
Please say yes

In less than hour
Since last time I saw you here
Many thoughts came by
More than just predictions
That someday from now on
We may romantically involve
In our depth love affair
Continuously unbroken
Would you take the part?
To be my lover all your life
The time will change me a bit
But hopefully not my heart
And I don’t want to hear a no
‘Cause I left all my life before now
To show you that you’re the only one
I ever got left to live
Love me now and tomorrow
And the next day, and the other days
Until we get old, after we die
And in our graves, I’ll love you always‎.

Published on: www.54artistry.com

Project Link: http://www.54artistry.com/project/4242/Time_To_Propose.htmlref=c/ref=c

Fashion / Which Is Your Kind Of Woman? by 54artistry: 11:55am On Sep 20, 2015
THE WOMAN By Theodora Olumekor @Khasome

The inspiration behind the look book is to portray women as strong and amazing people. To empower as many women out there as possible as well as to showcase the Woman in all her variety and dignity. It is driven by a passion to inspire and encourage women.

THE AFRICAN WOMAN

The Woman in her prime. An achiever, she has seen the ups and downs of life and her experiences have shaped her to be the Woman she has become. She is hardworking and disciplined. She looks to do what it takes to achieve her goals. Her setbacks have not limited her, they have only strengthened her resolve. Proud, virtuous and dignified. “She guards her loins with strength and strengthens her arms, she perceives that her merchandise is good; her candle does not go out by night”

THE NUBILE

Strong, youthful, vibrant and virile. The nubile is a depiction of the innocence and naivety of the young woman. She has the drive to pursue her dreams and goals as well as the youthful exuberance to keep going on after making mistakes or facing setbacks. Her sunny outlook on life and the future is vital to The Woman. “My dove, you are in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see your countenance, let me hear your voice, for sweet is your voice and your countenance is comely”

THE ABUSED

She is beautiful, she is amazing and she has the potential to be so much more. That potential has been curtailed, she bears the brunt of a coward’s inadequacies, and the object of this vented frustrations. In truth, the battering has not and will never change her potential but she needs to rise above all the hurt, abuse and pain. She must learn how to liberate herself from her dependence on the coward, no matter the kind of abuse; verbal, physical or psychological. She holds the power to end the abuse. She needs to explore herself, find who she is within and express it without. Once liberated, she will become the Woman: Unstoppable. “If it be so, liberty dictates that we have been made free and from here on we are standing firm but if liberty be taken away from us, let it be known that our hearts remain and with it we soar high upon the wind like eagles”

THE FOX

She is the cunning one. She is smart, witty, street smart and highly intellectual. She is also very calculating. She knows what she wants and can employ different methods to get it. A little devious. Not easily predictable. She is to all intents and purposes, what I call the Smooth Operator. She is the one you want but you can’t have. “As sheep in the midst of wolves, making ignorance of men the danger you pose just like the fox; therefore be wise as serpents and gentle as doves”

Project Link: http://www.54artistry.com/project/4398/The_Woman.htmlref=c/ref=c

Culled from: http://imogirie.com/2015/09/18/lookbook-by-khasome/

Fashion / This Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day! by 54artistry: 7:51am On Sep 19, 2015
Fancy not wearing heels on your wedding day?
Who cares?
#teamsneaks #unconventional #no time for heels!
Loubs For What By Enitan Sheyindemi @enitansheyindemi
{www.54artistry.com/enitansheyindemi}

#saturdayweddingvibes #photographers #noheels #54artistry

Project Link: http://www.54artistry.com/project/4256/loubs_for_what.htmlref=c/ref=c

www.54artistry.com

Food / Breakfast Ideas By Moxy Samz by 54artistry: 7:37am On Sep 19, 2015
Bless this food, O Lord for Christ's sake.... Who is ready to eat?
Breakfast never looked so good! Taste must be heaven!
Rich in all kinds of yummy goodness!
Breakfast by Moxy Samz @moxxshots
You can check out more of Moxy's scrumptious meals here {www.54artistry.com/samuel.morayo} and just appreciate the beauty of F-O-O-D.

Photography by Enitan Sheyindemi @enitansheyindemi #foodporn #foodart #yummy #caterers #caterersof54artistry #balanceddiet #foodphotography #54artistry

Project Link: http://www.54artistry.com/project/4291/Breakfast.htmlref=c/ref=c

Events / Wedding Soon? Help! You Need A Photographer!! by 54artistry: 7:15am On Sep 19, 2015
5 Pointers for Picking the Perfect Wedding Photographer

In the past, most people didn’t put so much thoughts and organisation into wedding planning and photography like they do today. One could usually just pick a random photographer to document such beautiful memories that will last a lifetime. It usually went that if we probably had a friend or someone that knew someone that had a camera or that could take photos, he was usually enlisted for our big day and didn’t necessarily have to be a professional. Today on the other hand, wedding planning has graduated to such another level, anything short of perfection is frowned at.

One of your most important vendor choices is who will capture the events of your wedding. This simple guide will help you decide how to hire the perfect wedding photographer.

This compilation was done by interviewing dozens of photographers and has been narrowed down the most important factors for selecting great wedding photographers for one of your most memorable days.

To help ensure that you’ll find a great fit when you pick your photographer, here are the five areas of consideration for you to rate and then compare.

1. Portfolio

Each photographer is only going to show their favourite photos online, so when viewing galleries, a great question to ask yourself is, ‘How happy would I be if that photo were in my wedding album?’

It’s always important to let photographers know exactly what you are hoping for, but first ask your candidate photographers (or judge for yourself) what style they typically work in. To understand their answer, here’s a list of photography styles for you and your partner to read and decide which appeals the most.

• Traditional: In this ‘classic-style’ the photographer works from a “shot list,” ensuring he or she covers all the standard elements that are typically requested.

• Photojournalistic: These are candid or spontaneous pictures of people and decor and you’ll rarely see people posing for the camera. These types of pictures capture the genuine moments and should tell a story. Photographers who shoot well in this style may often have skills of blending into the crowd, but always being where the action is.

• Portraiture: These are posed shots of the two of you, your friends, and your family. Sometimes photographers will treat your wedding reception as if it is a group photo session. Be aware that certain photographers may by default begin put you and your partner in all the traditional places and formal poses.

• Illustrative: This style is often used for engagement photos and is a blend of traditional and photojournalistic, with an emphasis on composition, lighting, and background. The photographer finds interesting environments and encourages the couple to relax and interact. The benefit of the illustrative motif is that it seems to have the spontaneity of candids, while it actually offers the technical control of portraiture.

• Natural Light: Rather than using flashes, photographers utilize the natural light found in a setting, usually daylight. The feel of natural light is warm and muted. For this style to work, you must have a technically skilled photographer who knows how to deal with lighting challenges.

When reviewing a photographer’s portfolio in person, it is natural to want to be nice and make them feel good about their work, even if it’s mediocre. That is okay but don’t sell yourself short. Keep an eye open for the quality of the prints, as they will likely use the same printer for you. Ask yourself, “Have they captured moments in a way that I’d want in my future album?

2. PERSONALITY

You’ve selected several photographers online or maybe on http:///1QMondI and narrowed down your search even further by checking their availability for your wedding date. Now, it is time to meet them in person.

Since every professional photographer has a different style and personality, you’ll be best to make sure that you interview and connect with the one who will be present at your wedding.

Having a compatible personality with your wedding vendors plays a surprisingly large role in setting the mood for your special day. Listen to your gut feelings while you assess how well you mesh together. How comfortable do you feel around them? Do you and your partner like, trust, and get along well with them?

3. Professionalism

How would you rate each professional you meet in terms of expertise? Remember, you’ll want to make sure your photographer is easy to be around while still being bold enough to go out and capture lasting images. The photographer(s) will be shadowing your every move, and the more comfortable both of you are together, the better the photos will be. You don’t want the photographer to annoy or block any guests’ views, but instead work in an unobtrusive, professional manner.

A professional has all of the bases covered; including specific stipulations in the contract about who will cover for the photographer should something happen on your wedding day. Professional photographers often are connected to many other wedding professionals and may make recommendations. That is not a bad thing if they work in a similar style.

4. Planning

One standard that we believe distinguishes great photographers is their ability to prepare with the future couple. That could mean setting a date in advance of the wedding to visit the site to discuss what backgrounds or angles you are hoping for.

It’s important you prepare a list of the people and moments you want captured, and if you intend to have group photos. Then create an easy to reference breakdown of each shot or group that you want included. Another important list to create is one of all the people who you’ll want to give photographs and albums to as gifts.

Do they provide you with any material which helps you better understand what you can expect? Do they provide you with tools to help you plan?

5. Package Pricing

People who have asked their amateur photographer friends to take their photos for free, or hired college students to shoot their weddings for small bucks may have regretted doing so because well, maybe the picture didn’t turn out so great. Remember pictures make memories last forever? Decisions like this will often end with regret. I believe you’ll get what you paid for!

In professional photography, services and packages are broken down into four basic categories: budget, moderate, upscale and luxury.

When interviewing wedding photography candidates, ask for a general range based on their standard hourly fee, then look at their packages and special offers. Ask about their standard rates for the type of album you think you’ll want.

You may want your photographer to be there for your full wedding day. There are many special moments that tell your whole story. From when you both start getting ready until after you’ve made your grand exit.

In Conclusion

It may seem obvious that your methods for choosing your wedding photographer(s), along with deciding on all your other vendors, is most likely going to be based on the balance of value judgments between you and your life partner. While nobody other than you can make this choice, we hope this guide made it an easier and more informed decision by sharing these six simple parameters for choosing the best fit. Congratulations in advance, we hope you have the wedding of your dreams and will remember it well!

To contact and hire professional photographers, you can click here http:///1Kqh1ad to see an array of awesome photographers to select from.

Sources:

1. http://www.ppa.com/competitions/content.cfm?ItemNumber=1792

2. http://www.herecomestheguide.com/wedding-party-ideas/detail/photography-style-glossary/,

3. http://www.ppa.com/

4. http://www.americanphotographyassociation.org/

5. http://www.wppionline.com/

6. http://weddings.costhelper.com/wedding-photographer.html

More on blog: http://blog.54artistry.com/5_Pointers_for_Picking_the_Perfect_Wedding_Photographer.html

Culture / THE AFRICAN WOMAN By Rildwan Lawal by 54artistry: 8:10am On Sep 18, 2015
Decided to take a few minutes from work stuff to celebrate the African woman this morning.

What can I say in my defence? They are the salt on earth!

Photo credit @toyinaiyegbo@aishaomoniyi

Project Link: http:///J5pzgr

Fashion / Check Out This Beautiful Collection by 54artistry: 11:55am On Sep 15, 2015
Check out this amazing styles by Emmanuel Isei

The Amos Collection by Kolors by Isei

Project http://www.54artistry.com/project/3608/The_Amos_Collection.html?ref=c

Literature / When A Friend Betrays... by 54artistry: 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
A Friend's Betrayal By Funke Ajigboye

What is the price for gratitude? Kemi wondered as she cried profusely in her room. What is the cost of friendship? She asked herself repeatedly as the reality of what was happening dawned on her. Shade had betrayed her. Shade, her best friend has stabbed her in the back while she had foolishly trusted her. Shade who she loved as a sister, Shade who had been there for her through tough times had broken her. Kemi and Shade had been best friends from their first year studying accounting in the University.
Kemi was tall, slender and dark with a shy, gentle and sweet disposition. Shade was short, curvy and fair with a bubbly and outspoken personality. Kemi came from a more humble background, her father was a local carpenter and her mother was a petty trader. Shade came from a very wealthy home, her father was a business tycoon and her mother was a successful lawyer. Both girls bonded as though they were sisters irrespective of their family backgrounds and opposite personalities. Shade did so much for Kemi while they were in school. She asked Kemi to move in with her when Kemi had accommodation problems in their second year, She bought textbooks and handouts for both of them because Kemi always had money problems. She practically fed, clothed and took care of Kemi all through their third year in school. In their fourth year things got worse for Kemi's parents and Kemi almost dropped out of school but for Shade's timely intervention. Shade talked to her parents who had met Kemi by then and were taken with her. They insisted they would take care of all her educational needs and Kemi's parents could not thank Shade's parents enough.
Few months after that Kemi met Tony, a handsome final year medical student who was smitten with her. Tony pursued her relentlessly till she finally gave in and realized he was an amazing guy. She fell hopelessly in love with him and by the time he rounded up his final Medical School Examination they were already talking about plans for their future. Shade on the other hand seemed to have no problem jumping from one guy to the next. The two girls had completely different notions on love and sex. Shade constantly teased Kemi about her devotion to Tony while Kemi teased her about her disinterest in finding a meaningful relationship with a guy.
So it completely rocked her world that hot afternoon when she returned to their apartment after classes unexpectedly instead of visiting her parents as she had planned, only to find Tony in bed with Shade. Everything stood still for Kemi as she took in the scenario. Tony scrambled out of the bed and struggled into his clothes refusing to look at her, Shade threw on an oversized t-shirt and stared at the ceiling, flushed with shame.
"What's going on? What is this?" Kemi blinked back the tears already welling in her eyes. Tony still wouldn't look her in the face. "Tony! Shade! How could you do this? How long has this been going on?" She screamed at them.
"Kemi let me explain...it was a mistake. I came here to see you and...I swear it was a mistake" He pleaded trying to reach for her but she backed away.
"So everything was a lie. You were using me Tony" the tears started spilling and could no longer be stopped. " You've been lying to me all these while. All those promises that we were going to spend our lives together was all a lie" Kemi sobbed.
"Tony I think it's time you leave. Go home." Shade spoke up for the first time, Tony immediately rushed off. Kemi wanted to call him back but she felt she had nothing more to say to him at the moment. She turned to Shade who now sat calmly on the bed.
"I know you're hurt Kemi. I didn't do this to hurt you, I swear I never wanted this to go this far. It started out as a harmless flirtation whenever you weren't looking and then one day I was looking for a rebound hook up and he came looking for you and it just happened. We just couldn't stop after the first time, I'm so sorry Kemi." Shade confessed. Kemi just stood there quietly sobbing. "Kemi please say something" Shade pleaded.
To be continued....

See more on: http://www.54artistry.com/project/2404/A_Friend's_Betrayal.html?ref=c

Literature / Mother by 54artistry: 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
MOTHER by Adeyemi Danmegoro

An apple a day,
keeps the doctors away
its also thesame apple,
that made us have doctors in the first place
What we cherish
is also what makes us perish
Our fathers' mothers love their progeny
our mothers are now cursing Bukky and Jenny
Was it because they 'made life' out of wedlock ?
or because they fell for a couple of bucks ?
Babies producing babies
is our generation running short of ladies ?
Offsprings with no fathers
some, with lost mothers
Mothers, not murderers
'i love my mother'
our children too should be able to say the same.

Project Link: http://www.54artistry.com/project/4198/MOTHER.html?ref=c

Fashion / What Do You With Old Newspapers? by 54artistry: 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
What Do You Do With Old Newspapers?

CREATE A FASHION STATEMENT!

Newstalk by Shola Balogun @sho_bees | 54artistry

#fashion #photography #whattodowithnewspapers

NEWSTALK: FASHION-STYLE-BEAUTY-ATTITUDE-PASSION......
Models: PAULINE @paulineoluchiezenweani
THEMMY TEE @temitopeoluwatosin
ADANNA @adannaonyekararichards
TEMITOPE @faithogunleye
Stylist: ROO.C @adeniyiaderonke
MUA: COLOURSMITH @kolafagite OMOEFE @efecha

Project Link: http://www.54artistry.com/project/4324/NEWSTALK.html?ref=c

Romance / Ladies, How Would You Like To Be Proposed To? by 54artistry: 10:33am On Sep 05, 2015
What's more romantic than a proposal at sunset?

Ladies, how would you want your man to propose to you?

Guys, African Men aren't romantic? Is this true?

Happy Weekend all!

Victor's Pre-Wedding Session by Gaw Guzeartworld @guzeartworld_photography {54artistry.com/Guzeartworld.photography}

#54artistry #photographers #sunsetlovers #love #couple #photo

See more on: http://www.54artistry.com/project/4093/Victors_Pre-Wedding_session.html?ref=c

Jokes Etc / Please Caption This! by 54artistry: 9:49am On Aug 31, 2015
Please caption this!

Project Title: Fool's Paradise by Egbane Elohor @egbane_elohor {54artistry.com/Egbane.Elohor}

Link: http:///TdfwCt

#photography #54artistry #howtowooalady

Fashion / Ripped Jeans?! by 54artistry: 10:54am On Aug 27, 2015
U R B A N Denim Brown by Kelvin Oladiran @oak_c

Would You Try Out This Style?

{54artistry.com/Kelvin.Oladiran}
#rippedjeans #urban #fashion #style #photographers #54artistry

Project Link: http://www.54artistry.com/project/3828/U_R_B_A_N_denim_brown.html?ref=c

Published On www.54artistry.com

Literature / Bleeding Heart By Dave Linus by 54artistry: 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
I said I didn't want to do it!
No, I'm not fine!
I've held this in for so long
Yes. I've lost my mind!

No, you can't run away
Please let me speak
I'm tired of all this
I'm tired of hurting.

Where are you going?
Why are you trying to leave?
Did I tell you you can go?
Don't walk away from me!

Shaking hands, broken spirit
Dead body on the ground
I'm not scared, yes. I did it,
No turning back now.

There's blood on the floor
Blood on the walls
I guess this is what happens
When anger calls.

I try to breathe
I try not to panic
Staring at the blood shed
Turns me into an addict

I set the body on fire
And stood there to watch it burn
I pick up all the ashes
And put them in a vase

Place them on the shelf
Sit there and stare
Rocking back and forth
In this rocking chair.

After five minutes,
I'll get my next victim

I hope your spirit understand

When you bleed,

I hope your heart feel the guilt.

I am not wicked

And this ain't a revenge yet.

Project Link: http://www.54artistry.com/project/3793/Bleeding_Heart.html?ref=c

Culture / Are You A True Yoruba Woman? by 54artistry: 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
The Yoruba Woman By Oluwafemi Kayode

…. At first I wasn’t sure of where to start this write up, because strategically - discussing women is a very delicate issue and now, we want to talk about a more delicate one which is “the Yoruba Woman”. To further clarify my stands, I would like to start by letting you understand the genuine quality of a woman.

Being a woman is a gift from God and if we are to go biblical, we would say they are formed from the rib of a man. This certify that being a woman is just a UNIQUE. Now, basically a woman is called a woman because of her Personality, her Physical and Psychological Qualities. But, do you think all these are the only requirement to being a woman? Simply No… A woman is an epitome of LOVE, she is built to slot into any society, which mean she is socially constructed. Remember she also serves as a channel for an increased society, having deep spirit to nurture, console and to be consoled when necessary. Accordingly, she is the most required helpmate and also the controller of the institution called HOME. She is the Neck of the Home, She is a Manager, Builder, Adviser and Caretaker of all. Believe me, she is naturally endowed with Integrity and she is the charity which begins at home.

A woman is called a woman after she begin to act accordingly to her responsibility which notify that big difference between the word women – we have “A Wife and also A Mother”. To wrap it up, a woman is a woman, she has her sentiments and short – comings - yet, she is the best. Now Let us talk about the Yoruba woman, I love my Yoruba women they are simply the best, they are smart, intelligent, and they are not slack, they are sound educationally (They Like to learn), they also have a zeal to improve in several areas placed before them. The beauty of been a Yoruba woman is attributed to the essentiality of self-respect, the dress sense, hair making and the existing awareness of the culture of belonging – they are also party freaks and hardworking, their communication level is always superb and they aren’t scared to speak up their minds. As a Yoruba woman while growing up, loyalty is being introduced and its part of the said home training that was illustrated as the basic way of training up kids, some wouldn’t agree more to the fact that the best trainer of children are the Yoruba women – they groom kids up based on the cultural ideas and In fact, morals are placed right in front of kids to absorb. I know my Yoruba friends would understand this. With this little fact it would allow you to understand that when it comes to religion wise they are just the best at it – because they get this morals and other ways of life from their respective religion/Culture. Well!!! As the good fact may point towards many Yoruba woman – the level of uncertainties are still in existent. Many of the Yoruba woman fail to keep tap of what is going on in their environment, dirtiness is a common attribute of most, while the issue of gossiping is a rampant feature of many Yoruba woman. Some not all have the issue of hot temper and they can be quarrelsome. They also possess the spirit of dependency which also initiate the argument of maltreatment existing from “Some” of their homes but do you know they have woken up to actually stamp the authority of independence among themselves.

Above all, the End talk of everything is that a typical Yoruba woman never lack RESPECT. Yes, this respective attitude does not mean a Yoruba woman should be taken as a fool… Remember they can be quarrelsome when disrespected.

Read More on: http://www.54artistry.com/project/3036/The_Yoruba_Woman.html?ref=c

Published On: www.54artistry.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.