Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,275 members, 7,940,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:24 PM

Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days (7972 Views)

What Women Really Want / Men These Are The Warning Signs / Lessons For Men: These Are The 4 B0dy Parts You Must Never Touch In Woman’s B0dy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by mukina2: 9:17pm On Dec 02, 2006
i heard men are scarce maybe thats why. ,
but its not only nigerian girls . .i'll lock and chain my man to be when i find him grin
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:10pm On Dec 06, 2006
some ladies are just shameless grin
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by toyboy1(m): 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2006
I dont see a big deal in this. i ve had a couple of shorties come my way asking me out : some direct and some indirect.
In all, if see wat u want , GO FOR IT. Ce finis
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by Busta(f): 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2006
@topic

anything wrong with that?
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by inspiROHM(m): 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2006
Nairalanders,

I know my reply came a little bit too late, but are girls not human beings? Can't they go for what their hearts desire? We Nigerians have a little problem that needs a very big solution; appreciation. It is little but I have watched a show of appreciation give hope to a friend that once contemplated suicide. I did not show appreciation that a pure blood, well educated well bred, Fulani chic some 7 years ago wanted to go out with me. She was so enamoured with me that when I pretended not to notice she had to go through my mother. Can you beat that? (My momsie grew up in the North) Momsie did all she could but I had my fears, very unreasonable fears; one being that she is muslim, anything could happen and that her irate father might come after me with a sword. Her elder brother assured me that this is her only sister and to make her happy he does let her have anything she asks for. Infact, he told me that for the first time in his sister's life she can't have what she desired more than anything else; me. I was touched at heart but, my reservations would always pop up. It was not that I looked down on her, I was scared of any emotional excursions towards a muslim. It got so bad on her that she refused to eat, pined away and slowly broke down in health. One thing; her parents never knew why she got sick. She could never dare tell them what was making her sick. I visited her once at their house and she kept giving me that forlorn look. I stared back at her blankly and was monotonous throughout my stay. I thought I was being wise, I thought I was being protective of myself, I never knew I was being selfish and at the same time stupid, I never knew what I was walking away from was the very best thing that could have happened to me. Right now she is married (not so happily) with three kids and here I am, lonely with a string of heartbreaks trailing after me. She once told me over the phone that each time her husband makes love to her she would curse me from her heart. Right now all I am looking for is the ghost of the girl. Someone who will trully and deeply love me like she did. Come to think of it, if she did not love me she would not have waited three years for me to just give her what she asked of me; my heart.

Subaka (Her name, it means sunrise or dawn), I am very sorry for causing you all that pain and would live to regret not loving you back. I was very young then and would not understand what you wanted from me, or know how to give it to you. So guys, never take for granted love when it comes to you cause I discovered with my experience it happens only once in a lifetime.

inspiROHM
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by whitelexi(m): 3:36pm On Dec 10, 2006
mukina2:

i heard men are scarce maybe thats why. ,
but its not only nigerian girls . .i'll lock and chain my man to be when i find him grin

Little Wonder undecided undecided undecided Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by mukina2: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2006
stop wondering angry grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by boladonas(m): 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2006
oko won lode o
oko won lode o
toju ti e!
oro yi a dariwo be je n fe funke
husbands, not men are damn scarceeeeeeee in Nigeria
funke told me so
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2006
@thoniaslim

ThoniaSlim:

some ladies are just shameless grin

ssssssssssssshhhhhh when adults are talking go and sleep

pray oooo cos ur still young that u meet ur man b4 time pass u by

cos when it does u would join the prayer squad and begin to bind witches from ur village and ur cities that were never after u in any instance
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by BillGatesFan(m): 9:01am On Mar 10, 2007
I love ladies who have courage to go after a man of their choice,not those Village champions who will stay indoors waiting for men all their lifetime.

Ladies of courage please carry on 90% of today's men are with you.
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by tega78(f): 10:17am On Apr 09, 2007
I don't think it is just nigerian women, it seems to be a trend in all women.

However, there are still a handful of we traditional girls who like to let the man do the chasing, at least in the early stages.

I personally would find it quite hard to chase a man, especially in the beginning, i guess am a little old-fashioned.

I also feel it is quite unnatural as men are biologically the aggressors. a lot of relationships that begin with the women pursuing the guy generally do not last that long, yes it can be rather flattering for a guy to have a woman pursuing him, but after a while he is likely to get bored.

The man should initiate the 1st contact, he should set the first date, he should propose. Not saying that women can't do this, but having the woman lead all the time can be emancipating for the men.

men are biologically natural hunters, they love the thrill of the chase and the hunt, so give them something to hunt!
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by osegwu(m): 11:29am On Apr 09, 2007
What men can do, women can do even better.

Let them do the buying and stuff although let

them know that men don't want Flowers. For once

let men play hard to catch, let them be taking to

the best Resturants the town can afford. Let the women

chase after a rib that they did not lost. May be at the end of it

all we will be able to convince the elders to up-turn the

Tradition so that the women can start paying the GROOM PRICE
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by Echidime(m): 1:46pm On Apr 09, 2007
In India it is the women that marryb the men and give them a huge sum of cash to start off a business, maybe we should try it in africa
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by Raphaelito(m): 2:29pm On Apr 09, 2007
to all ladies out there, if really this days, you guys are desperately seaching for guys, then its cool. it isn't a bad thing. four years ago before i left home, i know what its like. how they bluff guys. they sail on a false colour, acting like they never went to ladies before since they were born. if this really occured, then i guess its time to come home and search for a beauty queen. ladies dont give up searching ok! but stuff those scrub out thre.
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by ATLANTA96(m): 1:23am On May 25, 2007
is not a big deal
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by kolbim(m): 8:18am On May 25, 2007
I quite agree with eveseh. Men are hard to get, but boys are so cheap in searching for women. I consider ment that doesn't really hnow what they want from life as boys! Another point that must be butressed is that, most ladies throw away their mr right while they are still young and searching for mr. perfect that doesn't exist but in their imaginations.-SOLUTION- Ladies should take time to recognise guys that have great future ahead of them while their still not made! wink cool
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by dremoney(m): 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2007
A proper lady?

must be homely,smart,humble and highly intelligent.

Humourous 2.
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2007
Forget all those Nollywood movies where the right man always woo the right woman.

Some women are so unlucky that no man of their choice comes their way.

Since they believe men are the chasers they never raise their asses to go and search and they end up with just one managable.

As for me I believe in going for what I want.

Call me a hoe, shameless, undignified, whatever name comes your mind but I nor go put my life in someone else's hand.
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by amaikama(m): 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2007
Oh!! the scale on their eyes have finally falling off. that's nice to hear. So all those "yanger" will eventually stop. mmm!! grin
Please, people should start telling them to start asking men for marriage ooo! before we change our mind to help them overcome their loneliness. cool
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by jkpretty(f): 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2007
Ladies chase ur guy of interest only if u have d nerve.

But i read in d Bible, "A man dat finds a wife finds a good thing" i think there's nothing like something being done d normal way. Ciao
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by amaikama(m): 8:07am On Apr 22, 2008
The tide has change it's course people. Let give them hell just as when they are giving us hell in the days when we are chasing them. angry
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by bluehorizo(m): 8:24am On Apr 22, 2008
Nigerian women now wear trousers these days. What about that?

amaikama:

The tide has change it's course people. Let give them hell just as when they are giving us hell in the days when we are chasing them. angry

Lol
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by londoner: 8:34am On Apr 22, 2008
I think its a new thing for Nigerian women, (although I have yet to see it), but its been that way for many European/American women, and the funny thing is, Nigerian men will say thats what they like about them, its only us who are supposed to remain traditional.

Some western women will even be the one to propose marriage.
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by ty4real(m): 9:09am On Apr 22, 2008
There is really no biggie about girls chasing men and its not particular to Nigerian girls alone its a general thing wink!So why the shout mate!Chill and enjoy it,if a girl is chasing you grin grin!So it's not about Nigerian grils,its happening in the western world,cause there are some guys wey be slow coach so they need girls like that to get them thinking and acting fast grin
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by nikojay1(m): 9:54pm On May 13, 2008
[color=#006600]well am new in this site,
well let me say some little things about that,
Dating an older women is not a Big deal, lets leave our women to choose who they like in the orderhand old men dating young lady, if they what they want they shuld go it,
like me no one can stop me
interested old women can contact me on falahcove_steve@yahoo.com and this my phone number +2348024039207
hope to hear from an interested woman, [/
color] cool
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 13, 2008
what a thread angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by 9jaboi1(m): 8:49am On May 14, 2008
there is no problem wiff girls going afta men,
afterall its nt their fault,
In this our generation, men are better looking than girls , so don't blame them,
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by lucabrasi(m): 12:00pm On May 14, 2008
also in the case of black girls generally,they have more competition for black guys now from white girls who ll do anything to get a black dude
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by Scopium: 2:08pm On May 14, 2008
[size=13pt]Well it's not a bad improvement in the relationship movement if you ask me. After all they say what a man can do, a woman can do it better.[/size]
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:10pm On May 14, 2008
jennykadry:

what a thread angry angry angry angry

I greatly concurr  cheesy

@scopium

And that makes you feel better eh? shocked
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by presido1: 2:15pm On May 14, 2008
@Muki
i'll lock and chain my man to be when i find him
chei my muki is a warden. ok i will go and look for ashawo key
that will open any lock u will use to lock me. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Women Really Chasing Men These Days by Scopium: 2:21pm On May 14, 2008
[size=13pt]@ Naje Haje
Not necessarily feel better. I just feel women are now living up to expectation grin grin grin
How are you by the way?
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Trust Your Bf To The Extent Of Playing Like This...????? / Your Birthmonth Is Your Husband! /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.