Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,645 members, 7,889,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:46 PM

I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect (18750 Views)

I Went Into Robbery To Give My Mum Befitting Burial - Suspect Arrested In Delta / Girl Caught Selling Marijuana To Students In Kano State. Photos / I Sold Marijuana To Fund My Education – Geophysics Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by hitng(m): 9:19am On Oct 30, 2019
A suspected cannabis sativa cultivator, Friday Ohiuan, has said that he took to the illicit business to raise money for the burial ceremony of his mother-in-law.

The 45-year-old Ohiuan was arrested with 177kg of the illicit drug at Afuze, in Owan East local government area of Edo State.

Speaking with journalists, the suspect said he has been in the business for just three years.
“I started cannabis cultivation so as to raise money in preparation for the burial of my mother-in-law who is very old but my hope has been dashed.

“I have been cultivating cannabis for the past three years but thieves did not allow me to enjoy the fruit of my labour. The 177kg was all that was left and now NDLEA has come to carry the leftover,” he said.

Also paraded by the Edo NDLEA boss was Ohmai Friday (36), who was arrested at Sabongida Ora, Owan West local government area of Edo State, with 241kg of weeds suspected to be cannabis sativa.

Friday said a friend introduced him to the business after he had an accident.
He said “I am a driver but after I had an accident, I relocated to the village where I was introduced into cannabis cultivation by a friend. The drug found with me was all that I harvested as I could not sell before my arrest.”

Edo State Commander of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Buba Wakawa, who paraded the suspects, disclosed that journalists a Toyota Sienna bus filled with cannabis weighing 540kg was also impounded by the operatives.

He said the bus was intercepted at Utese community in Ovia North-East local government area of the state with 45 bags of cannabis weighing 540kg.

Wakawa disclosed that on sighting the NDLEA officials, the driver abandoned the vehicle and fled.

He assured that efforts were ongoing to arrest those behind the illicit drug shipment and that the vehicle will be forfeited to the federal government.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/10/30/i-cultivate-marijuana-to-raise-money-for-my-mother-in-laws-burial-suspect/

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by eTECTIV: 9:25am On Oct 30, 2019
Which mind yeye excuse is dat... U have been doing d business for 3yrs and claim it's to raise money for burial.. Is it a future burial or d burial is a present continuous business

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by skyblueking(m): 9:39am On Oct 30, 2019
People and their funny dramas.....
Buh where are those bags of essentials heading to?
Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by Jakumo(m): 9:52am On Oct 30, 2019
Oga DPO, I happen to own a warehouse where all these dastardly exhibits can be stored, and tested for purity in preparation for the criminal trial of the weed growers.

See market when dem dey try to waste. Abi una no know say na dat korret Osogbo Wonda Bush dey give we soja pawa to fight Boko boys ?

Anyway, on a serious note, let us forensically examine the statements made by the accused at the time they were interviewed by the press while in police custody.

“I started cannabis cultivation so as to raise money in preparation for the burial of my mother-in-law who is very old but my hope has been dashed.

“I have been cultivating cannabis for the past three years but thieves did not allow me to enjoy the fruit of my labour. The 177kg was all that was left and now NDLEA has come to carry the leftover,” he said."

Please Oga DPO, have your detectives conduct a welfare check to ascertain whether the mother-in-law of this weed farmer, is alive and in good health. I am making this urgent request, because, as you can see from the above quote from the accused, his marijuana farm income was intended to cover the costs of burying his mother-in-law, despite her being very much alive.

While that aspect of the case is being investigated by crack detectives, please order the bags of Oshogbo Wonda Weed to be trucked to my secure warehouse, for safe keeping and chemical analysis. God breast Nigeria.

Finally, the arrested weed farmer complained that thieves stole most of his season's harvest of high quality cannabis, while police uprooted and carted away the rest, leaving the farmer with nothing to show for all his investment in time, labor and money, growing that righteous Oshogbo Wonda Bush and minding his own business.

There is no justice in life, I tell you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by Injiggerwolf(m): 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
cry

1 Like

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by BOOOMNAIJA: 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
G
Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by id911(m): 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
I don't even understand why marijuana is being criminalized despite its monumental benefits which far outweigh whatever disadvantages it may have . Some developed countries are in the process of decriminalizing marijuana but Nigeria is still playing to the gallery. I wish black man doesn't even exist because we are too foolish not to think outside the box. Something we can make so much money from, we criminalized it because a white man pressured us to do so while we accept tobacco they sell to us. It's a pity

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
Eyah
Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by pinkyruledworld(m): 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
Legalize It

5 Likes

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by WonderManly(m): 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2019
hitng:
A suspected cannabis sativa cultivator, Friday Ohiuan, has said that he took to the illicit business to raise money for the burial ceremony of his mother-in-law.

The 45-year-old Ohiuan was arrested with 177kg of the illicit drug at Afuze, in Owan East local government area of Edo State.

Speaking with journalists, the suspect said he has been in the business for just three years.

“I have been cultivating cannabis for the past three years but thieves did not allow me to enjoy the fruit of my labour. The 177kg was all that was left and now NDLEA has come to carry the leftover,” he said.

Also paraded by the Edo NDLEA boss was Ohmai Friday (36), who was arrested at Sabongida Ora, Owan West local government area of Edo State, with 241kg of weeds suspected to be cannabis sativa.

Friday said a friend introduced him to the business after he had an accident.
He said “I am a driver but after I had an accident, I relocated to the village where I was introduced into cannabis cultivation by a friend. The drug found with me was all that I harvested as I could not sell before my arrest.”

Edo State Commander of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Buba Wakawa, who paraded the suspects, disclosed that journalists a Toyota Sienna bus filled with cannabis weighing 540kg was also impounded by the operatives.

He said the bus was intercepted at Utese community in Ovia North-East local government area of the state with 45 bags of cannabis weighing 540kg.

Wakawa disclosed that on sighting the NDLEA officials, the driver abandoned the vehicle and fled.

He assured that efforts were ongoing to arrest those behind the illicit drug shipment and that the vehicle will be forfeited to the federal government.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/10/30/i-cultivate-marijuana-to-raise-money-for-my-mother-in-laws-burial-suspect/

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by BlackIP: 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2019
GOD BLESS YOUR HUSTLE

1 Like

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by Ifeanyi4491(m): 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2019
Real marlian
Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2019
grin

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by JiokeB(m): 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2019
You can imagine a marijuana burial
Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by OddslordIsBack: 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2019
hmmm
Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by Dozie32(m): 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2019
Nice business. The pharmaceutical company should buy this guy off, because cannabis(weed) na better thing oo!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2019
Hia let us just legalise cannabis ahn they are not killing anybody at least only selling to those who are WILLING to buy

4 Likes

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by Gudguyz(m): 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2019
Gaja people

For your power Solution:
Solar and Inverter installations Call or What's app Sunmax Solar & Electronics shop.For details pls check my profile.Thanks
Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by Drkeo: 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2019
Ehya
Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by Conceptman: 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]Weed man cheesy
Contact for your aluminium windows in Casement, casement burglary ,sliding tel. 09034377258whatsapp email: conceptaluminiumservice@yahoo.com
Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by Angelfrost(m): 1:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
Just legalize the damn thing...
Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by thomas(m): 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
Why so many countries are making money from cannabis we are still criminalizing it ,why? Cos the white man says so, now same white man tells u the it's a useful and healthy plant for use . When shall we awaken to the realities of life. Can we not make laws for us that are useful for us. We just continue as a zombie nation until we are dictated to. Its painful to see agencies seize goods and set them ablaze, why? Is it sensible thing to do, no consideration to the environment either.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by mamanotinspoil3: 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
Other governments have legalized this and are making billions on dollars from the cannabis industry as taxes. Instead Nigeria is arresting them and want to start taxing me for sending text message angry

We have used office items at giveaway prices. Sofa set, inverter, furniture and more. Check them out: https://www.nairaland.com/5472126/used-office-items-clearance-sales

2 Likes

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by explosiveskull(m): 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sativa
Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by ManspaceBarber(m): 1:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
id911:
I don't even understand why marijuana is being criminalized despite its monumental benefits which far outweigh whatever disadvantages it may have . Some developed countries are in the process of decriminalizating marijuana but Nigeria is still playing to the gallery. I wish black man doesn't even exist because we are too foolish not to think outside the box. Something we can make so much money from, we criminalized it because a white man pressured us to do so while we accept tobacco they sell to us. It's a pity
The Netherlands.
The United States.
Some parts of Italy.
Canada.
I think Rwanda or Uganda is also on the verge of decreminalizing MJ.

You know, we like follow follow in Africa, especially Naija. We follow them ban MJ, but as dem dey wake up, na so we carry Mouka foam sleep so tayyyy. sad

3 Likes

Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
Niaja police know if the decriminalize marijuana they wont have people to catch again. yeye
Re: I Cultivate Marijuana To Raise Money For My Mother-in-law’s Burial – Suspect by judgementyard(m): 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Fahya fi burn Babylon grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

LASTMA Seen Fighting With Bus Driver Over Money In Lagos / Couple Lost Twins, Triplets To Traffickers Inside Ebonyi Hotel / Zamfara Police Arrest Fatima Lawali With 991 Ammunition For Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.