Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:05 AM

Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage (3770 Views)

Photo Of The Woman Who Died In A Car Accident While Chasing Her Cheating Husband / Are The Kids Good Enough Reason To Endure & Stay An Abusive Marriage? / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Father Saved Her From An Abusive Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by yazga: 12:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
WRITTEN BY CHIDERA NORA

I was linked with him by a friend of a friend.
He was on a one month leave then when he came back to Nigeria, we met and clicked. Before his leave elapsed, we were done with the introduction, traditional and church wedding.

Our first year as a couple was blissful, though he was out of the country, we talked everyday for hours on end sharing the day's stories and happenings. I lived in one of his houses in Portharcourt while I ran the cosmetic shop he opened for me because we had agreed I won't work even as a graduate. He returned to Nigeria finally a year later, I saw the monster in him. He drinks all sort of alcohol and does various drugs. After which he'd come for sex with me.

At first, I never objected. But during such sexual intercourses, he bangs me like a horse hitting me coochie so hard that I get sour down there. Sometimes, I'm unable to walk properly for days because of how hard he hits me even when I'm dry. Each time I objected earned me long hours of kicks and blows. He still had his way with me forcefully.

One time, I ran to his parents to lay complains. His mother told me that marriage comes with ups and dand that it is the woman's duty to make sure her home doesn't break or fall apart. I got bent on making my marriage work. I'd give up myself as a sacrificial lamb whenever he's high and wants to get down. I cried instead of moaning during sex, but it seemed my tears were sex stimulants to him, he always gets harder and hits me even harder.
At the slightest mistake, he pounces on me and beats me.

One time, I miscarried our child after her got his fill of sexually harassing me.
I hoped for a better day, I stayed with him in love, honesty and loyalty. I kept praying for him to change and realize I'm his wife and not some punch bag. Owing to the fact that I'm an only child and also an orphan, he was the only family I had, I held tight to him hoping for the best.

One Saturday, I had returned from the market and was preparing dinner for us. I was tired to a fault because it was a hectic day for me and the child in my belly didn't help matters. As I was in the kitchen, a plate broke because my hand had hit it by mistake, my husband ran into the kitchen in rage and started beating me. He kicked me, he pushed me, he pulled me, he slapped me, he called me names. That was all I knew about until there was blackout. I woke up and found myself on a very broad walk way with a baby in my hand. I was happy I delivered successfully, but something didn't look normal. I was in a strange environment, everything was white and glittering. "don't be afraid my daughter, you are home. Away from misery and pain, you are home, away from torture and tears. In your hand is the seed in your womb, his own father had sent him to his grave even before he saw the world and you my dear daughter, has been killed untimely by your husband". I heard a voice say.
Then it dawned on me, I died in an abusive marriage

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by bukatyne(f): 12:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
So you died and could still type this?

The die never finish na.

You married a man within one month of meeting him. You stayed in one of his houses at PH and managed the comestic shop he opened for you.

Do we need a sooth sayer to say you came for the money?

If you really wanted out, you would have left one day.

But no, you stayed put.

At least, we get to read a story from the other side.

Is your paper and biro the same?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by b3llo(m): 1:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
How did you get extra life to come type this epistle?
Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by yazga: 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
C'mon bukatyne& b3llo

1 Like

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by Omojudy: 12:59am On Oct 31, 2019
The lady who said “you died and you stil typed”. Lol.
Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by omonighoblessing(f): 1:51am On Oct 31, 2019
Can I laugh please grin

6 Likes

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by poshestmina(f): 2:07am On Oct 31, 2019
bukatyne:

The die never finish na.

You married a man within one month of meeting him. You stayed in one of his houses at PH and managed the comestic shop he opened for you.

But no, you stayed put.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by Fountainofyouth(f): 2:48am On Oct 31, 2019
Where is bukatyne that says there is nothing like rape and sexual assault in marriage? Oh she's here already, what say ye to that, ignoring the fact that the story is as fictitious as it sounds, I'm asking generally......

21 Likes

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by ezugegere(m): 12:19pm On Oct 31, 2019
Continue to rest in peace
Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
yazga:
C'mon bukatyne& b3llo

Ma?
Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
Where is bukatyne that says there is nothing like rape and sexual assault in marriage? Oh she's here already, what say ye to that, ignoring the fact that the story is as fictitious as it sounds, I'm asking generally......

I have explained over and over.

Rape is sex without consent.

In the wedding vows, you automatically give consent to your spouse as a man and woman. Infact if the marriage is not consummated (no sex happens), it can be annulled.

There is sexual abuse like all other types of abuse in marriage. Examples of sexual abuse would include performing sexual acts the other partner finds humiliating, denying your partner sex, withholding sex for favors i.e. Using it as a bargaining chip, deliberately refusing to satisfy your partner etc.

There can also be physical assault where the husband or wife deliberately injures the other party in the course of sex.

10 Likes

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by doitforyou(f): 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
bukatyne:

[s]In the wedding vows, you automatically give consent to your spouse as a man and woman. Infact if the marriage is not consummated (no sex happens), it can be annulled. [/s]

There is sexual abuse like all other types of abuse in marriage. Examples of sexual abuse would include performing sexual acts the other partner finds humiliating, denying your partner sex, withholding sex for favors i.e. Using it as a bargaining chip, deliberately refusing to satisfy your partner etc.

There can also be physical assault where the husband or wife deliberately injures the other party in the course of sex.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by bukatyne(f): 9:37pm On Oct 31, 2019
[quote author=doitforyou post=83636201][/quote]

No amount of striking would distort my message dear kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by doitforyou(f): 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2019
I did it for the benefit of young impressionable minds that might stumble on this thread. Please post here the sick and warped vows you took that states rape (as long as there’s no physical injury) is allowed in holy matrimony. Your twisted message for your twisted household, should remain in your house not on the internet.
bukatyne:

No amount of striking would distort my message dear kiss kiss kiss

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:01am On Nov 01, 2019
bukatyne:

In the wedding vows, you automatically give consent to your spouse as a man and woman. Infact if the marriage is not consummated (no sex happens), it can be annulled.

You are contradicting yourself here, you can't say one automatically gives consent as husband and wife in one breath, then say there is sexual abuse and rape in marriage in another breath, automatic consent means he can do whatever he deems fit to her body, so pick a side.

17 Likes

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by bukatyne(f): 9:35am On Nov 01, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

You are contradicting yourself here, you can't say one automatically gives consent as husband and wife in one breath, then say there is sexual abuse and rape in marriage in another breath, automatic consent means he can do whatever he deems fit to her body, so pick a side.

So a husband has the right to manage the family's resources mean he cannot abuse it?

Do you know the meaning of abuse?

And no, I have never said there is rape in marriage.

doitforyou:
I did it for the benefit of young impressionable minds that might stumble on this thread. Please post here the sick and warped vows you took that states rape (as long as there’s no physical injury) is allowed in holy matrimony. Your twisted message for your twisted household, should remain in your house not on the internet.

You would not know a twisted household if it hits you in the face.

It is the Glory Osei's of this world that fits you lots ranting how she is a strong independent woman while she is married to her co-founder.

Please let us face the thread;

The prospect of a letter from the dead is more interesting than discussing martial sex life.

Perhaps after you get married, we can discuss again. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by ifyan(m): 9:47am On Nov 01, 2019
No courtship, no knowing each other, no friendship. Hmmm women cha.

This a lesson to everyone anyone "Money is good but don't let it lead, blind, cover, dictate or ...... you.

I see this as a .....

1 Like

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2019
bukatyne:

But it doesn't mean if someone is not up to it, the other person has the right to take it by force

1 Like

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by bukatyne(f): 11:11am On Nov 01, 2019
ImaIma1:

But it doesn't mean if someone is not up to it, the other person has the right to take it 0 agogby force

@ImaIma1, you are married so we can have this discussion.

If someone is not genuinely up to it, the spouse knows in a sane marriage and would help him/her to get his/her groove back.

Even on this same NL, wives have been advised to spike their husbands' drinks, seduce him when he stops having sex with them.

Some others have been advised on all sort of concussions and drugs to give their spouses to get their MOJO back.

As a married person, if you understand that sex is a duty to your spouse, then you are able to negotiate when you are not up to it.

For instance, if a spouse is sick, the other party would definitely be more concerned about nursing them back to health before talking about sex. Some other times, the sick party might feel gentle sex would accelerate the healing.

I know a moniker who said after his wife had the second kid, she wasn't feeling sex any more.

Obviously, that would not fly so hubby asiisted in changing her diet, body positivity exercises and before you say Jack, she was back. (His account).

I remember a male friend who said he never knew sex could be a bore/chore till they were trying to conceive. Apart from the wife giving him all sort of concussions, she called him from anywhere when she was ovulating.

He was no longer interested yet he obviously could not say no till she was pregnant. Some colleagues complain that they have to do when they get home because madam will not take 'Lagos traffic' everyday before 'you are cheating abi' enters.

If a marriage has deteriorated to the point where a husband/wife is physically injuring the other party for sex or sexually abusing them, they need to seek help.

3 Likes

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by doitforyou(f): 1:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
bukatyne:

So a husband has the right to manage your body mean he cannot abuse it?

And yes, there is rape in marriage.

bukatyne:

It is the Glory Osei's of this world that fits you lots ranting how she is a strong independent woman while she is married to her co-founder.

Go sit your ass down in your twisted household. Thank God your sick message was overwhelmingly rejected on NL by married men and women.

I see you’re now backpedaling. You give a man blanket consent to do as he wishes with your body, when he takes you up on your offer, you tell the woman she can seek redress in a phantom marriage court..lol that can only make sense to a brainwashed woman.

FYI, there is nothing wrong in being a strong independent married woman. Perhaps you needed those in your life growing up.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by bukatyne(f): 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2019
doitforyou:

Go sit your ass down in your twisted household. Thank God your sick message was overwhelmingly rejected on NL by married men and women.

I see you’re now backpedaling. You give a man blanket consent to do as he wishes with your body, when he takes you up on your offer, you tell the woman she can seek redress in a phantom marriage court..lol that can only make sense to a brainwashed woman.

FYI, there is nothing wrong in being a strong independent married woman. Perhaps you needed those in your life growing up.

First, stop editting my posts: There is nothing like rape in marriage. This is my original post:

bukatyne:

So a husband has the right to manage the family's resources mean he cannot abuse it?

And no, I have never said there is rape in marriage.

Please let us face the thread;

The prospect of a letter from the dead is more interesting than discussing martial sex life.

@Bold, I am not surprised you have comprehension issues neither am I the cause of your bitterness towards men.

This consent is two way; a man and woman give consent to their wife and husband on the wedding day.

At last paragraph, still reeks of no comprehension. What is a strong independent married woman? Have you ever seen someone who is independent? How does it even tie into Glory Osei's case who pretended to be a 'single independent woman' with no use for men while she was very married.

Pardon me, I am losing patience for unintelligent discussions.

If you want to engage me, please bring your brains along.

6 Likes

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 2:37pm On Nov 01, 2019
bukatyne:

@ImaIma1, you are married so we can have this discussion.

If someone is not genuinely up to it, the spouse knows in a sane marriage and would help him/her to get his/her groove back.

Even on this same NL, wives have been advised to spike their husbands' drinks, seduce him when he stops having sex with them.

Some others have been advised on all sort of concussions and drugs to give their spouses to get their MOJO back.

As a married person, if you understand that sex is a duty to your spouse, then you are able to negotiate when you are not up to it.

For instance, if a spouse is sick, the other party would definitely be more concerned about nursing them back to health before talking about sex. Some other times, the sick party might feel gentle sex would accelerate the healing.

I know a moniker who said after his wife had the second kid, she wasn't feeling sex any more.

Obviously, that would not fly so hubby asiisted in changing her diet, body positivity exercises and before you say Jack, she was back. (His account).

I remember a male friend who said he never knew sex could be a bore/chore till they were trying to conceive. Apart from the wife giving him all sort of concussions, she called him from anywhere when she was ovulating.

He was no longer interested yet he obviously could not say no till she was pregnant. Some colleagues complain that they have to do when they get home because madam will not take 'Lagos traffic' everyday before 'you are cheating abi' enters.

If a marriage has deteriorated to the point where a husband/wife is physically injuring the other party for sex or sexually abusing them, they need to seek help.

Everything can be discussed and figured out. Because to call someone your spouse, it means there's a connection, there's love, understanding and a pact to work together for each other's benefit.

However, I cannot say for some couples who lack the proper bond and mindset that should exist between a husband and a wife.

If one person is not up to it at a point in time and the other person takes it by force, there is something definitely not right between them. If the "not feeling up to it" is too often, they need to seriously discuss it
Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by doitforyou(f): 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2019
bukatyne:

First, stop editting my posts: There is nothing like rape in marriage. This is my original post:

@Bold, I am not surprised you have comprehension issues neither am I the cause of your bitterness towards men.

This consent is two way; a man and woman give consent to their wife and husband on the wedding day.

At last paragraph, still reeks of no comprehension. What is a strong independent married woman? Have you ever seen someone who is independent? How does it even tie into Glory Osei's case who pretended to be a 'single independent woman' with no use for men while she was very married.

Yawn.

No one on this thread comprehends you, because you make no damn sense. You’re talking from all the orifices on your body. You’re backpedaling so fast that you don’t even make sense to yourself.

Lol @ bolded, see you bobbing and weaving with NL’s favorite buzz words so you can dodge defending your twisted logic, lol I don’t blame you if I had to defend a dangerous and incoherent ideology, I’ll probably also take the desperate option to save face.

“There is no rape in marriage” is a very sick, twisted and dangerous thing to say, so sick that even married men on NL shut you down very quickly. What does that say about you and your message?

I actually feel sorry for you, if you had strong independent married women as role models growing up you wouldn’t have turned out to be this weak, low self esteemed, brainwashed woman.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by bukatyne(f): 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
ImaIma1:

Everything can be discussed and figured out. Because to call someone your spouse, it means there's a connection, there's love, understanding and a pact to work together for each other's benefit.

However, I cannot say for some couples who lack the proper bond and mindset that should exist between a husband and a wife.

If one person is not up to it at a point in time and the other person takes it by force, there is something definitely not right between them. If the "not feeling up to it" is too often, they need to seriously discuss it

I very well agree with you.
Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by Graxie(f): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
How can there be no rape in marriage? You mean because of the vow I had with my husband, he can come and have sex with me anytime he wants without my consent? You mean I lost my right to say no, I don't feel like having now. Hmmmm. I am married by the grace of God, 11 years now, thank God for my husband. I will teach my daughter to look for a man like the father that will not pounce on her just because of marriage vows. I know men like that will be available in her generation.

9 Likes

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by yazga: 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
She is right, VERY CORRECT
Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by yazga: 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2019
Because majority of people acquiring the highest judicial position are men themselves. And that education does not guarantee being bereft of patriarchal values. There are core beliefs which are deeply ingrained in you since birth and no matter how much higher position you hold in academic sphere, those still remain ingrained. Moral policing and conservative patriarchal values remains one of them. As per SC criminalizing marital law will hurt the “institution of marriage”.Really?? ! “That women shall use the law for vengeance then!”

I can vouch from real life experiences that a huge majority of Indian women whom I have come across aren’t happy with their marital life. They have no other option or are “forced” to stay in those marriage because

Of societal pressure. They have no choice to decide for themselves.
They have nowhere to go because they are completely financially dependent on their husbands
The didn’t inherit anything from paternal side financially because after marriage girls were supposed to be and still considered “someone else’s property” .
Being almost disowned by family after marriage. Men’s home is her only home now. Her own home now is visitor’s paradise for her now!
Marital rape is being raised with much aggression now because women are now voicing for their rights. When today women have options to move out of abusive, incompatible marriages and self sustain themselves, why shouldn’t today. Today many women have options and hence they are demanding for themselves for what is wrong and right. Saying that in earlier times(probably in 90’s), marriages were more sacred is ignorance to the fullest. Most women had no options then, were reduced to household jobs. It was “thrust upon them , forced upon them”, and not out of “CHOICE”.

I have a brother whose wife despite being a Ph.D. chose to stay home. I never understood and often wondered how an educated person like her could choose to stay at home until I learnt that For whatever reason it is ,it was her “choice”. Having “choice” to decide for yourself and be supported with love and respect by your loved ones for what it true equality means. There is nothing bad in being a housewife if it come of healthy choices and not compulsion.That means if a man chose to stay home and wife works , he is supported with for it with respect(in and idol world!).Because , patriarchy harms as much men as women. See men who stay at home and how much they are catcalled or looked down upon.

Being financially independent doesn’t always mean living through a feminist lens. There have been cases that even being financially independent, women have no love or respect or empathy from their partners at home or in family. The whole idea of equality is to have right to make choices for one’s own life and be loved and supported from the other person unconditionally.

Most Women from 90’s never got this. I have relatives giving mental cancers whenever they open their mouth who believe god has made men more physically strong than women and hence they are superior to women. I have no second thoughts that the women in their lives would mostly be victims of their acts. Not just that. What happens inside bedrooms is a hush hush topic. Whose parents discuss their “sex life”! When did we asked women around and in ours lives if they ever did it unwillingly. “Sex” is a very private thing. Though people among today’s generation are getting open about it amongst each other , talking about it still confided around academic space mostly. I know I can still not talk to my mother about it. I may ever ask about the word “Sex” but not her own life revolving around it.

So it’s downright stupid to say that “it hurts the institution of marriage” until you have all facts , figures and stats in place from proper surveys. Find out how many women are really happy in their lives , was it willingly or forced upon things in their times(which used to be mostly an arrange marriage set up). Your myth will be busted.

I read an article where a girl returns back to her home after 2 months of her arrange marriage because her husband used to force himself on her and when she told it to her mother and sister. And to her surprise her mother rather scolded her that “why else her husband had married her. What does it means it hurts. We all do it. “It hurts us all few times”.It’s no reason to not be intimate with your husband. If you can’t satisfy him , give it to him or satisfy his “needs’, he will go somewhere else and that’s how she and only she and no one else will be responsible for her marriage failure.”(I will edit link of article if I found it) If you see the thoughts process here , elder women might have been meted out similar treatment for they are giving their daughters similar advises!!

If you can’t recognize marital rape , just simply declare that marriage does not something sacred for you as a symbol of love but rather life long sex slavery. Calling it sacrament is simply to fool others. People are more for themselves rather than saving someone else. They are more concerned with what if it’s a false case , blatantly ignoring the woes of those being victimized.

If asking for right and recognition for autonomy over one’s body and dignity hurts the institution of marriage so much , than such institutions should go down in shambles. This is about one’s body and the other person has to take permission before entering it. SC ruling shows how fragile the system it . Many may not like it but it does even matter because this is not about them , this is about those who are being slaved down in bedrooms just because somebody is physically not that strong as compared to other and you lack the basic human empathy to understand what love and consent means..
Graxie:
How can there be no rape in marriage? You mean because of the vow I had with my husband, he can come and have sex with me anytime he wants without my consent? You mean I lost my right to say no, I don't feel like having now. Hmmmm. I am married by the grace of God, 11 years now, thank God for my husband. I will teach my daughter to look for a man like the father that will not pounce on her just because of marriage vows. I know men like that will be available in her generation.
There is no such thing as rape in MARRIAGE

1 Like

Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by crackhaus: 3:28pm On Nov 01, 2019
bukatyne:

Don't be baited too easily cheesy

Can't you see that handle came out of hibernation and complete inactivity for almost two weeks, just to restart an argument she has had with you previously on your thread?

It's an alternate. cheesy
Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by mrwonlasewonie: 3:35pm On Nov 01, 2019
grin
bukatyne:

The die never finish na.

But no, you stayed put.

grin

Wickedt woman grin grin
Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by yazga: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2019
Because majority of people acquiring the highest judicial position are men themselves. And that education does not guarantee being bereft of patriarchal values. There are core beliefs which are deeply ingrained in you since birth and no matter how much higher position you hold in academic sphere, those still remain ingrained. Moral policing and conservative patriarchal values remains one of them. As per SC criminalizing marital law will hurt the “institution of marriage”.Really?? ! “That women shall use the law for vengeance then!”

I can vouch from real life experiences that a huge majority of Indian women whom I have come across aren’t happy with their marital life. They have no other option or are “forced” to stay in those marriage because

Of societal pressure. They have no choice to decide for themselves.
They have nowhere to go because they are completely financially dependent on their husbands
The didn’t inherit anything from paternal side financially because after marriage girls were supposed to be and still considered “someone else’s property” .
Being almost disowned by family after marriage. Men’s home is her only home now. Her own home now is visitor’s paradise for her now!
Marital rape is being raised with much aggression now because women are now voicing for their rights. When today women have options to move out of abusive, incompatible marriages and self sustain themselves, why shouldn’t today. Today many women have options and hence they are demanding for themselves for what is wrong and right. Saying that in earlier times(probably in 90’s), marriages were more sacred is ignorance to the fullest. Most women had no options then, were reduced to household jobs. It was “thrust upon them , forced upon them”, and not out of “CHOICE”.

I have a brother whose wife despite being a Ph.D. chose to stay home. I never understood and often wondered how an educated person like her could choose to stay at home until I learnt that For whatever reason it is ,it was her “choice”. Having “choice” to decide for yourself and be supported with love and respect by your loved ones for what it true equality means. There is nothing bad in being a housewife if it come of healthy choices and not compulsion.That means if a man chose to stay home and wife works , he is supported with for it with respect(in and idol world!).Because , patriarchy harms as much men as women. See men who stay at home and how much they are catcalled or looked down upon.

Being financially independent doesn’t always mean living through a feminist lens. There have been cases that even being financially independent, women have no love or respect or empathy from their partners at home or in family. The whole idea of equality is to have right to make choices for one’s own life and be loved and supported from the other person unconditionally.

Most Women from 90’s never got this. I have relatives giving mental cancers whenever they open their mouth who believe god has made men more physically strong than women and hence they are superior to women. I have no second thoughts that the women in their lives would mostly be victims of their acts. Not just that. What happens inside bedrooms is a hush hush topic. Whose parents discuss their “sex life”! When did we asked women around and in ours lives if they ever did it unwillingly. “Sex” is a very private thing. Though people among today’s generation are getting open about it amongst each other , talking about it still confided around academic space mostly. I know I can still not talk to my mother about it. I may ever ask about the word “Sex” but not her own life revolving around it.

So it’s downright stupid to say that “it hurts the institution of marriage” until you have all facts , figures and stats in place from proper surveys. Find out how many women are really happy in their lives , was it willingly or forced upon things in their times(which used to be mostly an arrange marriage set up). Your myth will be busted.

I read an article where a girl returns back to her home after 2 months of her arrange marriage because her husband used to force himself on her and when she told it to her mother and sister. And to her surprise her mother rather scolded her that “why else her husband had married her. What does it means it hurts. We all do it. “It hurts us all few times”.It’s no reason to not be intimate with your husband. If you can’t satisfy him , give it to him or satisfy his “needs’, he will go somewhere else and that’s how she and only she and no one else will be responsible for her marriage failure.”(I will edit link of article if I found it) If you see the thoughts process here , elder women might have been meted out similar treatment for they are giving their daughters similar advises!!

If you can’t recognize marital rape , just simply declare that marriage does not something sacred for you as a symbol of love but rather life long sex slavery. Calling it sacrament is simply to fool others. People are more for themselves rather than saving someone else. They are more concerned with what if it’s a false case , blatantly ignoring the woes of those being victimized.

If asking for right and recognition for autonomy over one’s body and dignity hurts the institution of marriage so much , than such institutions should go down in shambles. This is about one’s body and the other person has to take permission before entering it. SC ruling shows how fragile the system it . Many may not like it but it does even matter because this is not about them , this is about those who are being slaved down in bedrooms just because somebody is physically not that strong as compared to other and you lack the basic human empathy to understand what love and consent means.
ImaIma1:

But it doesn't mean if someone is not up to it, the other person has the right to take it by force
Re: Then It Dawned On Me, I Died In An Abusive Marriage by bukatyne(f): 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
crackhaus:

Don't be baited too easily cheesy

Can't you see that handle came out of hibernation and complete inactivity for almost two weeks, just to restart an argument she has had with you previously on your thread?

It's an alternate. cheesy

I have moved on joor.

A dead woman sending a note sounds more interesting.

[b]Hello, it's me
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
To go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal ya
But I ain't done much healing
Hello, can you hear me?
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet
There's such a difference between us
And a million miles
Hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry
For everything that I've done
But when I call you never
Seem to be home
Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry
For breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly
Doesn't tear you apart anymore
Hello, how are you?
It's so typical of me to talk about myself, I'm sorry
I hope that you're well
Did you ever make it out of that town
Where nothing ever happened?
It's no secret
That the both of us
Are running out of time
So hello from the other side (other side)
I must've called a thousand times (thousand times)
To tell you I'm sorry
Seem to be home
Hello from the outside (outside)
At least I can say that I've tried (I've tried)
To tell you I'm sorry
For breaking your heart
Doesn't tear you apart anymore
Oh, anymore
Oh, anymore
Oh, anymore
Anymore
Hello from the other side (other side)
I must've called a thousand times (thousand times)
To tell you I'm sorry
Seem to be home
Hello from the outside (outside)
At least I can say that I've tried (I've tried)
To tell you I'm sorry
For breaking your heart
Doesn't tear you apart anymore[/b]
Adele.

I know the other side is not the grave but....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

After 49 Years,Mother Reunites With The Daughter She Thought Died At Birth(PICS) / One Of The Reasons Why Men Cheat On Their Wife By Going After Young Ladies / Outrage As 6-month-old Baby Dies Mysteriously In Abuja Creche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.