Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,753 members, 7,979,579 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 12:00 PM

Some Notable Facts About The Burial Of The Founder Of The Boys' Brigade - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Notable Facts About The Burial Of The Founder Of The Boys' Brigade (617 Views)

Pictures From The Burial Of Pastor Dare Adeboye / Burial Of Pastor Dare Adeboye: Thanksgiving Songs And Tribute (Photos) / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Notable Facts About The Burial Of The Founder Of The Boys' Brigade by Leo588(m): 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2019
SOME FACTS ABOUT THE DEATH AND BURIAL OF SIR WILLIAMS ALEXANDER SMITH.

THE FOUNDER OF THE BOYS BRIGADE

1. Seven thousand (7,000) Boys of the Glasgow Battalion lined up to his grave and Four thousand (4,000) Boys were in the Church (St. Paul Cathedral).

2. Eight (cool Staff Sergeant carried the Coffin of Sir Williams .A. Smith

3. He died on Sunday 10thMay in St. Bartholomew's Hospital, barely sixty years of age.

4. He was buried at the Western Necropolis

5. All the Boys of the 1st Glasgow Company (his company) filed pass the open grave singing hymn and casting each a white flower into the grave.

6. The Church Lads' Brigade, The London Diocesan Church Lads' Brigade, The Catholic
Boys' Brigade, The Jewish Lads' Brigade, The Boys' Life Brigade, and The Boy Scouts
under their chief, Sir Robert Baden-Powell.

7. The BB Hymn "Onward Christian Soldiers", " Abide in me" and last Post was played.

8. Thousands of men, women and children came pay their tributes to a loving man, devoted Christian gentleman, a steady eye man with a strong grip on hand.

9. Barely three months after his death, World War I broke on the Western world on August 4th 1914, and things were never the same again......

THE GOODNEWS IS....
Here we are regrouping more than EVER...
Long Live our HERO and Long Live The Boys' Brigade.

"THE BOY" is the main FOCUS....

Sir Williams. A. Smith's sleepless night was to equip the #THE_BOY
#SirWilliamsAlexanderSmith
#TheBoysBrigadeNigeria

1 Like

Re: Some Notable Facts About The Burial Of The Founder Of The Boys' Brigade by newlandf: 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
myself
Re: Some Notable Facts About The Burial Of The Founder Of The Boys' Brigade by Leo588(m): 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
newlandf:
myself

Re: Some Notable Facts About The Burial Of The Founder Of The Boys' Brigade by Aaronsrod: 12:12am On Nov 01, 2019
Truly, this is how we should honour and give unto the glory of our Men of God!

(1) (Reply)

Romans 5:18 -19..? / I Just Found Out Jesus Got Married To Mary The Magdalene. How True? / Strange Church Banner Advertises Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.