Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,887 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:12 AM

Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea (33661 Views)

Governor Ortom Asks FG Not To Reverse Ban On Rice Importation / Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Abusule007: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2019
whatisthetruth:

When will you take a stand against oil importation? You have oil, yet you have to take it outside Nigeria to be refined and then buy back the refined products.

When will you take a stand against weapon importation? Begging USA and Russia up and down.

When will you take a stand against importation of phones and laptops?

Everyone just talking about rice.
It's one at a time.

Let's finish with rice first then we'll see what next we'll ban grin grin
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by adedehinbo(m): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2019
I never foresaw this before investing on poultry, congratulations local man is becoming millionaire by December ooo chai. Onwa December lo ni ego
May God bless Nigeria
May God bless our president
We shall get there

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by kunleweb: 2:56pm On Oct 31, 2019
CoolAmbience:

What is this one saying?

Over 70% of lands in Nigeria are arable across each state of the federation.

While it is understandable that not all of us would venture into agriculture, we must concede that the era of excuses and frivolities are over.

The party is over....it is time to fix Nigeria.

Go and read your book. Yeye. I come be your mate. When you didn't read in school. Displaying your ignorance here.

Rice is very selective about where it grows. Did you see me support import or home grown?

Keep out of my mentions and go study

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by chomaloo(m): 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2019
thank God buhari exposed this part of Nigeria where Ghanians and other west African borders were using to exploit Nigeria.companies all locate their sites in Ghana because of Nigeria roads and power problem but where as their main target is Nigeria market.may God save Nigeria from unfriendly friends.all the companies who wish and want to benefit from Nigeria market must locate their companies in Nigeria or forget Nigeria market.ghanians are sabotaging Nigeria at all levels.our govt must be weary of this brotherly threat.

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by justtoodark: 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2019
CoolAmbience:

What is this one saying?

Over 70% of lands in Nigeria are arable across each state of the federation.

While it is understandable that not all of us would venture into agriculture, we must concede that the era of excuses and frivolities are over.

The party is over....it is time to fix Nigeria.

ofcourse....i could drop any seed anywhere in nigeria and something would grow....i made that experience....
ans i was in primary school we were wonderin if aples would grow sef....
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by iPresh4s(m): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2019
alizma:

As if you have solved all your personal problems over night.

No mind am

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2019
kunleweb:
Not all lands are suitable for rice cultivation. Whatever rocks your boat.

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Onitola2: 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2019
whatisthetruth:

When will you take a stand against oil importation? You have oil, yet you have to take it outside Nigeria to be refined and then buy back the refined products.

When will you take a stand against weapon importation? Begging USA and Russia up and down.

dangote will soon finish his refinery
We can't produce weapons, laptops and phones yet (mind you, very few countries produce them anyway)
But I'm 100% sure we can produce our food.

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Endevil: 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2019
justtoodark:

ofcourse....they have many centuries experience of planting rice....
can somebody please explaine to me why a black person need tea and coffee....!!?? angry angry

Coffee was invented in East Africa and its used as a brain stimulant for long studying.

Tea is relaxing and its Asian greeting culture.

Tea has caffeine like coffee yet other constiunents that drown out the overdosing effect of caffeine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by CoolAmbience(m): 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
whatisthetruth:

That stand on oil has been taken with Russia except of course you have not been following developments in the country.

Countries take such stance bearing their areas of comparative advantage in mind.

You and I know that oil & gas operations and ICT aren't our strong points, hence to take a stance Nigeria must adopt a calculated approach in doing so.

All I can say is, so far, so good with the steps taken by the current FG.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by justtoodark: 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
Endevil:

Coffee was invented in East Africa and its used as a brain stimulant for long studying.

Tea is relaxing and its Asian greeting culture.

Tea has caffeine like coffee yet other constiunents that drown out the overdosing effect of caffeine.

wat...??
can tea and coffee fill your stomach....??

something wrong with you....

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Smartjohns(m): 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2019
whatisthetruth:

Rome was not built in a day. This is a step in the right direction, Innosom have shed light in the angle of local car manufacturing just watch how bloody millionaires will start getting into that line of biz in a few years and embargo will be placed on some vehicles entering the country.

This word will be remembered, mark it!!!

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by vaxx2: 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2019
ManirBK:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/border-closure-nigeria-rejects-vietnams-rice-importation-plea.html?
only. if you guys knows what is going on? Nigeria and Vietnam have recently waived visa agreement. the country is deepen friendship, I suspect more buisness move ....
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by CoolAmbience(m): 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
alizma:

As if you have solved all your personal problems over night.

Lol.

I just educated him a bit though.

You know people think that governance is so different from the way we run our personal lives. In a way, they are the same.

Like you rightly pointed out, how many of our personal problems have we solved in such a way that they 'disappeared' and never returned?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Endevil: 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
justtoodark:

wat...??
can tea and coffee fill your stomach....??

something wrong with you....

No. Yet I wouldn't desire to eat rice all my days.

How come Nigerians don't grow beans and peas so you have less need for rice?
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Cutiekatty: 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
ManirBK:
We will soon start exporting rice to Vietnam and other countries. Nigerian rice will become ubiquitous Insha'Allah.
The greatness of Nigeria is here!

Keep dreaming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by justtoodark: 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
Endevil:

No. Yet I wouldn't desire to eat rice all my days.

How come Nigerians don't grow beans and peas so you have less need for rice?

we like rice....what about it....??
when i was younger,rice was actualy for rich nigerians back then....

we have many other stuffs too....
garri,tuo,semo,cassava,plantain and such....

i met nigerians that prefer basmati rice to uncle ben rice.....

so this matter is not about nations but about smugglin....
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Endevil: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
justtoodark:

we like rice....what about it....??
when i was younger,rice was actualy for rich nigerians back then....

we have many other stuffs too....
garri,tuo,semo,cassava,plantain and such....

i met nigerians that prefer basmati rice to uncle ben rice.....

so this matter is not about nations but about smugglin....

Smuggling is undermining your economy because the smuggled rice is priced cheaper putting your own rice growers out of business.

Put your Nigeria first. Criminal mafia turns nations into sh1tholes.
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Eteka1(m): 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
whatisthetruth:

We have to take it gradually;

The government has for some time been giving grants, loans and general funding aimed at boosting local rice production capacities, before introducing this measure to stop importation of foreign rice.

I believe the government will take a stand against importation of refined petroleum products as soon as the Dangote Refinery at Lekki Free Trade Zone with capacity to refine 650,000 BPD of Crude Oil is complete. The government provided some support for the project.

Stopping the importation of certain types of military hardware like armoured personnel carriers is very close, cos Nigerian companies are beginning to manufacture them.

We need to encourage more research and interest into local manufacturing of wepons , phones and laptops before we can start thinking of discouraging importation.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by justtoodark: 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
Endevil:

Smuggling is undermining your economy because the smuggled rice is priced cheaper putting your own rice growers out of business.

Put your Nigeria first. Criminal mafia turns nations into sh1tholes.

this is what we are trying right now,and you are busy shoutin on us....
do this ghanaians even understand how big nigeria is....??
nigeria is not ghana....

and i will say the truth....
we nigerians see other black nations as hostile enemies....!!!!

yeah,i said it....its the truth....we have been thinkin this way for decades....!!
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Area4Area: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
Abusule007:

It's one at a time.

Let's finish with rice first then we'll see what next we'll ban grin grin
Smuggled rice, frozen fish and poultry are there on the list.
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Deepthoughts: 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
ManirBK:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/border-closure-nigeria-rejects-vietnams-rice-importation-plea.html?
I thought the federal government was only against smuggling through land border?,if the Vietnamese want to bring in the rice through the port the federal government should just ensure all the appropriate tarrifs are paid instead of a total blockage,we should be fighting this battle strategically because if there is a gang up against us the results will not be pleasant, everything is not by gragra buhari tried same in 84 at the end what happened?

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by saintaustine(m): 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nigeria is trending,
just because we are taking the right step.
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Area4Area: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2019
adedehinbo:
I never foresaw this before investing on poultry, congratulations local man is becoming millionaire by December ooo chai. Onwa December lo ni ego
May God bless Nigeria
May God bless our president
We shall get there
Jambites with no admission yet are investing in it with shinkini money and waiting for December to make their profits and millions, continue waiting for cheap smuggles and foreigners are still crying
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by southpole: 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
whatisthetruth:

We just have to start somewhere we have started in agriculture we can't start with all sectors at the same time. The private sector is also trying, Dangote is handling the refining of the oil you stated above, by the way the advanced economies are mostly private sector driven. You can also key in and handle one aspect. At least we have started,

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Lamanii22(f): 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
ManirBK:
We will soon start exporting rice to Vietnam and other countries. Nigerian rice will become ubiquitous Insha'Allah.
The greatness of Nigeria is here!

Abi oo... Kudos to FG for that... They should carry their expired rice somewhere else... Our rice tastes very nice...

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Area4Area: 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
vaxx2:
only. if you guys knows what is going on? Nigeria and Vietnam have recently waived visa agreement. the country is deepen friendship, I suspect more buisness move ....
Link please
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by justtoodark: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
Lamanii22:

Abi oo... Kudos to FG for that... They should carry their expired rice somewhere else... Our rice tastes very nice...

beauty.... kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by vaxx2: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2019

Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by Femijohn198: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2019
our GDP will rise,even very soon there will be competition of food in Nigeria.
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by southpole: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2019
whatisthetruth:

Of course Nigeria is a dumping ground, what exactly do you produce?

Even the oil that comes from the ground in your country can’t be “produced” here in Nigeria, but has to be produced overseas and dumped back here.

The world is switching to electric cars, but when you ask Nigerians about EVs, they tell you it’s not feasible in naija. So expect also to be a dumping ground for old combustion engine car tech.

those people building the electric cars are private sector why can't you also handle one aspect in Nigeria instead of criticising? If they tell you is not feasible in naija why can't you prove them wrong by doing it , is like you want others to do it while you stand aside criticising.
Re: Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea by justtoodark: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
vaxx2:
That is it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nigeria-vietnam-agree-on-visa-waiver/amp/

wait a minute....
why are you suddenly cheering for nigeria....??

you ghanaians are indeed strange.... undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Made Tinubu The Jagaban - Dr. Haliru Dantoro, Emir Of Borgu Speaks / Soldiers Beat Up Lagos State Government Clean-Up Committee Officials / Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.