Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,992 members, 7,890,248 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:39 AM

Multitasking: How Do You Cope? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Multitasking: How Do You Cope? (312 Views)

How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? / Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? / How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Multitasking: How Do You Cope? by Benedicta261(f): 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2019
On Multitasking
- October 29, 2019

When we pray and ask God to bless us, do we ever pay attention to our capacity and capabilities? I ask because when I truthfully look at my life at present, I know I would flop if I hold a certain position of trust. This is not to belittle me but just telling myself the truth. We need to tell ourselves the truth most times (if not all).

this is man having a lot of work to do and is probably bewildered

Well, I have asked questions and done a little research on something I find difficult to cope with.

Multitasking it is.

So, I'm used to doing a thing, just one thing, and putting my best into it. Lately, I have lots on my hands. I have to do this, that, that, and another this. All this ought to be done and almost at the same time. But how?

Here I am, having lots to do, and not knowing how to create a balance. In the end, I'm focused more on just one or two, and the rest lags. To a GIGANTIC extent, this is my weak point. And yea, many persons are on this table too.

Research shows that you cannot use the same part of your brain for more than one thing at a time. The mind, however, can effectively switch from one task to another.
Another research shows that multitasking makes you less productive, slows down your brain, stresses you out, and diminishes your creativity — all these researches sef...(na them sabi).

I doubt if there's anyone on earth that doesn't multitask at one point in life or another. With proper planning and coordination, one can have a profitable multitasking experience.

Amid this troubled water of one-lopsidedness, I found useful tips I think has been helpful to me. I summed them up into five:
1. Give priority to a specific task. (important, more important, most important)

2. Start small to build a productive routine. Of course, you and I know it's not magic. (na from play play dem dey form player)

3. Keep a task calendar to monitor your progress. (monitoram o)

4. Do your tasks in batches. (no carry everything for head one time)

5. Plan ahead (sofry sofry catch monkey)

How do you cope with having a lot on your desk? What excellent tip(s) works for you? Do you mind sharing?

While I wrote this, I did some form of multitasking to test how well I've learned...LOL!����

(1) (Reply)

Agricultural Economics Master Program / Front End Engineering Design / Professional CV For 2k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.