Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:28 AM

What Would It Take For Southern Nigerians To Cooperate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would It Take For Southern Nigerians To Cooperate? (582 Views)

Letter To Southern Nigerians Particularly Yoruba People / Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza / 33 Reasons Why Southern Nigerians Are Fools - And The Northerners Are Not! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would It Take For Southern Nigerians To Cooperate? by ShangoThor(m): 4:37am On Nov 13, 2010
I have often wondered what it will take for Southern Nigerian’s to cooperate.

It is already evident that mass corruption, mass environmental pollution, Constitutional infringements, genocide and complete infringements of civil liberties are not sufficient or deemed important enough to provoke cooperation to the point of stirring up coherent mass action.

I believe none of the following listed conditions would force Southern Nigerian’s to cooperate.

The threat of being hit by a meteorite and consequent obliteration
Threat of Public Health of epic proportions
Threat of foreign invasion and consequent occupation
Threat of a natural disaster such as Haitian type earth quakes or Asian style Tsunami’s

Seriously, what would it take considering that despite Europeans having killed millions of each others populations over time can still get together to cooperate over issues pertaining to trade, cooperation and self interest?
Re: What Would It Take For Southern Nigerians To Cooperate? by sulad82i(m): 5:21am On Nov 13, 2010
dang!!! u must really have a big hatred for the southerners. U are really wishing them bad.

ShangoThor:

I have often wondered what it will take for Southern Nigerian’s to cooperate.

It is already evident that mass corruption, mass environmental pollution, Constitutional infringements, genocide and complete infringements of civil liberties are not sufficient or deemed important enough to provoke cooperation to the point of stirring up coherent mass action.

I believe none of the following listed conditions would force Southern Nigerian’s to cooperate.

The threat of being hit by a meteorite and consequent obliteration
Threat of Public Health of epic proportions
Threat of foreign invasion and consequent occupation
Threat of a natural disaster such as Haitian type earth quakes or Asian style Tsunami’s

Seriously, what would it take considering that despite Europeans having killed millions of each others populations over time can still get together to cooperate over issues pertaining to trade, cooperation and self interest?
Re: What Would It Take For Southern Nigerians To Cooperate? by Beaf: 5:26am On Nov 13, 2010
I don't get this topic! Why should it be only Southern Nigerian’s cooperating? Is Southern Nigeria a country on its own?
It would be understandable if you were talking about a specific political goal, but here you are yarning about meteorites!

Abeg, mods come and delete this yeye thread jare!
Re: What Would It Take For Southern Nigerians To Cooperate? by Dsense(m): 5:29am On Nov 13, 2010
OP.
War!!!.Nothing else.
Re: What Would It Take For Southern Nigerians To Cooperate? by ShangoThor(m): 3:28pm On Nov 13, 2010
Beaf:

I don't get this topic! Why should it be only Southern Nigerian’s cooperating? Is Southern Nigeria a country on its own?
It would be understandable if you were talking about a specific political goal, but here you are yarning about meteorites!

Abeg, mods come and delete this yeye thread jare!

To espouse and assert self interest.

@ Beaf, don’t think you can shout me down because you don’t like the topic. If you personally don’t like the topic you don’t have to engage.

Okay let’s all pretend that there isn’t a schism between the North and the South, and that the Northerners are not better at cooperating with one another over things like the domain of Sharia Law or Power Sharing/rotation etc.

I would like to hear sensible contributions, not a purposeless rant because you’re uncomfortable with the subject matter.

I understand that the ‘Politics of Identities’ dominates the political landscape of Nigeria and the continent at large, but what I cannot understand is non-cooperation to the point of being subjugated or perpetuating low living standards or environmental destruction.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Our Deal With Jonathan, By Igbo Leaders / Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain / This Might Be A Reality check For Imo State Gov. Ohakim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.