Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,775 members, 7,930,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 01:31 AM

Mompha, Lebanese Friend’s Arrest Remains A Landmark Achievement —magu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mompha, Lebanese Friend’s Arrest Remains A Landmark Achievement —magu (465 Views)

$5M Fraud: Why Mompha Was Arrested By INTERPOL, EFCC - Tosin Olugbenga / Why EFCC Is Prosecuting Naira Marley – Magu / Police Recover N1.3M From 19-Year-Old Boy In Gombe, He Stole From Lebanese Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mompha, Lebanese Friend’s Arrest Remains A Landmark Achievement —magu by OlaDaviva(m): 11:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
The acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, says alleged Internet fraudster and social media celebrity, Ismaila Mustapha aka Mompha; and his Lebanese accomplice, Hamza Koudeih, laundered a combined N33bn.

Magu further stated that the two belonged to an international crime syndicate that did money laundering, especially in Dubai.

The EFCC boss said this at a Press conference in Lagos on Thursday.

He said, “The recent arrest of a social media celebrity, Ismaila Mustapha, popularly known as Mompha; and his Lebanese collaborator, Hamza Koudeih, for their alleged involvement in internet-related fraud and money laundering, remains a landmark achievement of the EFCC.

“I make bold to tell you that these arrests have further confirmed our commitment to the anti-graft war, while also sending a red alert to potential internet fraudsters.

“I am sure you will be greatly shocked to know that five wristwatches valued at over N60m were recovered from the suspect.

“Investigation has also revealed that he operates 51 bank accounts in Nigeria, with which he acquired properties in Dubai; and had allegedly laundered about N14bn through a firm known as Ismalob Global Investments Limited.

“His accomplice, Koudeih, also has two firms namely, THK Services Limited and CHK properties Limited with which he has allegedly laundered about N19bn.”

He said Koudeih lived in a $5m per annum suite at the Eko Atlantic Pearl Tower, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Credit : Punchng.com

https://punchng.com/mompha-lebanese-friends-arrest-remains-a-landmark-achievement-magu/
Re: Mompha, Lebanese Friend’s Arrest Remains A Landmark Achievement —magu by angelEmade: 11:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
I see eyes in the well
between the ripples, above the shadows
whispers of fear, nightmares of arrows.
Tears from my eyes, wealth in their banks
cries on my lips but rice in their mouths...
One day my God will judge us.
He will drain the well and kill the shadows...
One day, the eagle will eat the snake.
Re: Mompha, Lebanese Friend’s Arrest Remains A Landmark Achievement —magu by TheTourist: 2:38am On Nov 01, 2019
God of Elijah locate me and those who "like" this comment shocked

1 Like

Re: Mompha, Lebanese Friend’s Arrest Remains A Landmark Achievement —magu by ValCon888: 2:44am On Nov 01, 2019
We are still waiting for the time when you arrest the likes of Tinubu, Atiku, and oshiomOLE so you can get a legendary achievement.

(1) (Reply)

Lasu Boy Rapes Two Muslim Virgin Girls At Gunpoint - See Video. / Love God n ur neighbor. Love urself / Help: He Wants To Run With My Money- BOLA OLOYEDE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.