Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,246 members, 7,943,485 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:51 PM

African Youth Day Celebration: Three Governors Bags Award Of Excellence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Youth Day Celebration: Three Governors Bags Award Of Excellence (389 Views)

PDP Threatens Litigation As APC Opens Talks With Three Governors / Three Governors, Ministers In Race For Buhari’s Cabinet / I’ve Served Three Governors In 30 Years - Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Youth Day Celebration: Three Governors Bags Award Of Excellence by Eleta01(m): 10:00am On Nov 01, 2019
1st November, 2019.

PRESS STATEMENT

African Youth Day Celebration: Governors Mai Mala Buni, Seyi Makinde, and Abdulrahman Abdulrazak Bag 2019 Pan African Youth Award of Excellence

Commissioner for Youth Political Participation in Africa, Pan-African Youth Union (PYU), Ambassador Oladele John Nihi, has sent a congratulatory message to Nigerian and African youths in general on the occasion of the 2019 Africa Youth Day Celebration.

While felicitating with youths across Africa on the celebration of the Africa Youth Day, the Commissioner urges them to uphold the dignity of their motherland, and honor the struggles of their heroes past. He stated that the right foundations have been laid by the past heroes, positioning Africa on the right path in economic, human capital, and all-round development.
We are therefore left with the responsibility as youths to uphold and dredge the path for Africa,s growth and development

The theme for this year’s celebration, "1 Million by 2021: Count Me In!" is not only appropriate but also timely by acknowledging that young people are at the very heart of Africa’s development agenda.
The 2019 Africa Youth Month (AYM) theme is a clarion call to all youth development stakeholders - governments, international organizations, development partners, private sector, civil society, and all African youths on the continent and in the diaspora to up their game.

The 1million campaign objective is to create direct opportunities for One million young Africans in the areas of Education, Employment, Entrepreneurship and Engagement (4Es) by 2021.

"I am urging young Africans between the ages of 18 and 35, to key into the 1million by 2021 campaign, and look out for opportunities to get stabilized in the areas of the 4Es. As the Africa Union will be committed through the course of the month, fixing and positioning ready youths across the continent.
I wish you all a memorable Youth Day Celebration, and please ensure you get actively involved" Amb. Oladele John Nihi admonished.

This year's Africa Youth Day Celebration will feature the First Youth Economic and Political Empowerment Summit where three of Nigeria's Executive Governors will be honored as Pan-African Youth Role Models, for their role In National, Continental and global impacts. And for following the global trend of youth political participation in politics, by giving youths a chance to serve in their cabinets and be part of nation building.

The award ceremony which is to take place on the 22nd of November 2019, would commemorate with the Africa Youth Month (AYM) lined up activities, to mark the 2019 Africa Youth Day Celebration. The Governors to be honored are; Governors Mai Mala Buni of Yobe State, Seyi Makinde of Oyo State, and Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of Kwara State.

Wishing youths across Africa a memorable and fulfilled celebration.

"1 Million by 2021: Count Me In!" Get involved.

Long live Africa
Long live the youths.

Signed:
Kelvin Oluseyi Eleta,
Special Assistant New Media, to the Commissioner (PYU)

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Suspected Thugs Storm Kogi PDP Governorship Candidate’s Polling Unit / My Country!! My Country!! Seven Things My Country Has Achieved / Development Taking Place In Kano Gives Hope For The North" - Says El-rufa'i

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.