Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,835 members, 7,933,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:50 PM

Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again (28643 Views)

Ghanaian Lady Shares The Truth About Nigerians & Ghanaian Traders (pix/video) / Nigerian Shops To Be Closed In Accra Today - Ghanaian Presidential Committee / Ghanaian Traders Lock Shops Belonging To Nigerians & Other Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Oseh1Gidigba: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
This border closure will let me know my true friend

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2019
SpecialAdviser:
What is really wrong with Ghananians? What was also wrong with our leaders for chasing them out of Nigeria?
In fact, what is wrong with blacks? I'm out
The only thing wrong with being black is that you paint it "black".
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Mcreloaded(m): 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
In other words foreigners must have a company or industry before they can do business in Ghana.
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by joeGH: 5:07pm On Nov 01, 2019
Rafiq2:
Well, that's a very stup#d law, these Ghanaians are starting to piss me off, all because we say no to smuggling, they decided to frustrated our people doing legimate business in their country.

please if you know any Ghanaian shops around ur area, indicate, let's reciprocate this kind jesture
Now to address ur issue; first of all, u made mention of an existing law which u called stupid, u then went ahead to use the word legitimate... Now calm down, get urself a word spectroscope, analyze those two words u used for their Chirality.. Did they spin in the same direction..Certainly the answer is no.. The obvious is rules is rules just obey them.. A bad law until amended is still applicable in instance of its breach.. Besides in ur own country, u've banned about 40 or more products from other west African countries, a breach of the ECOWAS accord of which ur country is a signatory to, how do u call that Something worthy of commendation ...He who calls for equity must come first with clean hands my brother... Hypocrisy n dishonesty at its best.
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Angelfrost(m): 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
vezycash:

This is not about law. It's just their normal madness. This has little to do with border closure. The border ish is just an excuse for them to lock up shops of Nigerians and prob Lebanese.

Many Ghanaians are plain lazy. Take example. Most shops and markets would remain locked till past 10 in the morning. And close early too. Many of them don't know what bulk price is. As in, you could buy a carton of an item and then discover that you could have bought it in pieces for the same price.

Their market women also prefer to let food items spoil, rotten and then throw it away than reduce price. I once stood for more than 5 minutes in front of a Ghana woman's shop to buy credit. There was no customer in the shop. The woman was talking to her friend. She saw me. Kept quiet and kept talking. I've forgotten whether I walked away eventually or why I even stood there in the first place.

In short, dem no sabi business. When an Igbo man goes there, or any where for that matter, dem go open shop very early and close very late. They'll friends with customers and business will boom. Instead of the lazy bums to up their service, they'll instead go have secret meetings and next you know - mass lock up of shops.

And guess what? If any of those 9ja guys leave the place, one of the ghana guys will start the same business - in the same shop self.

Note: This is not a Ghana only problem. Even in Lagos, the work ethic of Igbo business drive many yoruba guys crazy with envy. And the only law they can use to close shops or the whole market is, "The market is dirty. You didn't pay TV and radio licence...."

Wow... This is serious news to me o. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by TruthinAction: 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
The government should please give us figures on how this border closure has improved our economy recently.

On the other hand, it has increased the cost of living occasioned by the rise in the price of rice. So, of what benefit is the border closure?
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by lanrex101: 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2019
StupidNLmods:
If those useless looting apc rogues and the dead President are performing well, who will enter Ghana? undecided
How are you so sure that these people migrated to Ghana during Buhari time
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
1x2x3:

Your own police will shoot you.

Don't worry dis time around, we will do it "legally" just like in Ghana, Ours will be so smooth to d extent, d police will help us put d shop owners in jail after shutting down their business due to "malpractices"
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
Coldie:

If we shut border against them let them do same not attack Nigerian businesses

Even America will not shut borders no matter the amount of drugs still entering America and illegal immigrants, illegal things, what first one countries do is to tighten security... build walls.. see Nigeria is a zoo as Nnamdi Kanu talk am.. leaders without foresight, they can’t think
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Olorunnim: 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2019
This border closure would allow us to know the parasitic countries destroying our economy ,and they're much down to SE Asia they came to beg, For what? to continue killing us.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by OChimex: 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
Coldie:

As an ipob your opinion doesn't count. Until u speak from an unbiased perspective

When a kid talks, you know.
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Coldie(m): 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
OChimex:

When a kid talks, you know.
OK kid I thought u were an adult. Sorry
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by citytv(f): 6:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
Coldie:
Nigerians are funny sha, just to bear I dae abroad u guys go through hell.
With all the untapped locations in Nigeria with our large market somebody would go to Ghana to go and do petty trading.

If its there law I can't question it, but I hope ECOWAS won't scream blue murder when Nigeria retaliates.

I know many people from Niger republic in PH who own shops and kiosks and engage other petty services but we no send.

There country there rules Goodluck to them, poor countries are always very petty, the fact that Ghanaians are dragging petty trading with immigrants, a low-level business, shows how low these Ghanaians are. If not for Juliet Ibrahim I would think all Ghanaians are not reasonable
juliet aint ghanaian but liberian.. Ghana people worwor

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Alashoalash10: 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2019
Kwanza:

https://www.myjoyonline.com/business/2019/October-31st/guta-locks-up-shops-owned-by-nigerians-again.php
it is better our government talk now before it results into killing of our citizens, this is how SA starts,our ambassador there have says our people should come back home so if the only work Nigeria can do in Ghana is scratch card,sachets waters they should come home why our government should improve on our power supply

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by edoairways: 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
vezycash:

They are famous for their dumbness.

The amount of goods coming from Ghana is shocking and it's OUR own fault. Atta Mills (God bless his soul a dead Ghanaian president was smart. When Soludo wanted to revalue naira, our local Devils shook the Earth and the matter died. Mills implemented the same thing and their economy changed immediately.

Next, he woed the major consumer companies in Nigeria with ZERO taxes for 15 years, probably free land and 24 hours guaranteed ELECTRICITY! PZ moved, Unilever are two companies I know moved the majority of their operations to Ghana. Some ceased Nigerian operations completely.

I strolled to Unilever in Tema Ghana and that's where I learned that all the blue band we eat here is made in Ghana. Knorr cubes, toothpaste... made there. I doubt they are affected by the border closure.
Really!
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Raskasal(m): 8:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
StupidNLmods:
If those useless looting apc rogues and the dead President are performing well, who will enter Ghana? undecided

Na today Nigerians start to enter Ghana
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Raskasal(m): 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2019
StupidNLmods:

Na today Nigerians start to enter Ghana? You just seize every opportunity Buhari and his team
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Raskasal(m): 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
Lol... Na NIGERIAEXIT we dey now ooo
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by slystyle203(m): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2019
xenophobia in disguise
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by LordFaraday(m): 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2019
The only west African country that has the mind to face us is Ghana.Benin,Togo,Niger and even Cameron an eastern Africa country can't do much.But Ghana should thread carefully.they should not be deceived.Cause I don't know where this is going but in terms of military action they are no match for us.In terms of all what Nigeria did for South Africa in the past look at what they repaid us with cause they know we can only bark and we are no match for them in terms of military.why did you think the world fears America.they are not the richest neither are they the strongest in economic terms but when it comes to military no one can stand before them.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by unikwa: 9:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
Is legitimate imports not possible into Nigeria?
I thought the border closure is just against smugglers?
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by fela4live: 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
StupidNLmods:
Since when Nigerians begin entre Ghana? Na today?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by techliteup: 11:39pm On Nov 01, 2019
Coldie:
Nigerians are funny sha, just to bear I dae abroad u guys go through hell.
With all the untapped locations in Nigeria with our large market somebody would go to Ghana to go and do petty trading.

If its there law I can't question it, but I hope ECOWAS won't scream blue murder when Nigeria retaliates.

I know many people from Niger republic in PH who own shops and kiosks and engage other petty services but we no send.

There country there rules Goodluck to them, poor countries are always very petty, the fact that Ghanaians are dragging petty trading with immigrants, a low-level business, shows how low these Ghanaians are. If not for Juliet Ibrahim I would think all Ghanaians are not reasonable

U see your life, the country law state that any business below 200,000 dollars should be run by Ghanaians. Yet your citizens breaks the law by operating on the business that is meant for Ghanaians. Bro am sorry to tell you that we are not lawless as you guys.
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by techliteup: 11:48pm On Nov 01, 2019
Isinweke:
Ghanaians depend on Nigeria for survival
I can see your frustration, tell me how Ghanaians depend on Nigeria for survival
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Litmus: 3:01am On Nov 02, 2019
seguno2:

Go and find out how Ghana must go name started

It started with Nigeria must go, befor it became Ghana must go. Now it's Nigerian shops must close; tomorrow, when it become Ghana shops must close, you people will not stop complaining like old women and frustrated wives.
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 02, 2019
techliteup:

I can see your frustration, tell me how Ghanaians depend on Nigeria for survival

But Ghanaians are crying more others on the border issue
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by MiddleDimension: 7:40am On Nov 02, 2019
sonnie10:

You don’t understand the regional trade. There are more goods coming from Ghana into Nigeria than from Benin and Togo combined.
Two things makes Ghana different. One is that they have more local industries producing for export to other West African countries because of their favorable business environment. Constant power supply, security and infrastructure.
Secondly, they are English speaking with reputable private importers. Foreign countries prefer to deal with them than their other neighboring countries. So, big franchises and sole distributors of foreign goods are mostly based there and operate from there to the big market in Nigeria.
Lastly Nigeria regulatory agencies have so many bureaucratic hurdles. From customs, SON, to Nafdac, they are not business oriented. So, people prefer to go the Ghana route, to import and then through land borders bring their goods into Nigeria which is where the market is.
Now that is why Ghana is apprehensive. Big businesses are affected and boarder closure impacts their economy.

there is no 'constant' power in ghana

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by foster212: 9:01am On Nov 02, 2019
Angelfrost:
If those listed laws and regulations are true, then this is laudable... Nigeria government should borrow a leaf from these dark Negroes.

I have no complaints whatsoever.... But, if this is any way linked maliciously to the border closure, then I laugh in Kenkey, cos it won't work. grin
Those laws were never implemented by their government and they are only using it to put pressure on Nigeria to open up their borders, which is not going to work.
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Angelfrost(m): 9:15am On Nov 02, 2019
foster212:

Those laws were never implemented by their government and they are only using it to put pressure on Nigeria to open up their borders, which is not going to work.

Very pathetic and petty souls.
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Just30: 9:47am On Nov 02, 2019
MiddleDimension:

there is no 'constant' power in ghana
what ever makes you sleep at night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by MiddleDimension: 12:09pm On Nov 02, 2019
Just30:
what ever makes you sleep at night
but that's true, right?
Re: Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again by Dearhell(m): 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2019
even ghana!!!! am fucking sick of black people you all just annoying me very soon we would be facing tranzania

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Friend Who Warned Against Investing In Nigeria Now Taunting Me – Dangote / See The 3 Online Business That Can Supplement Your Monthly Salary / 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.