Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,182 members, 7,887,434 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:51 AM

Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA (54166 Views)

Pay Slip Of UBA Contract Staff Who Earns ₦‎45,000 Monthly / Is N400,000 A Bad Salary In Today's Nigeria? Is He Doing Something Wrong / From 35k To 180k Salary: The Story Of Joel Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Chidi299(m): 10:48am On Nov 02, 2019
80k is someone, somewhere 8months salary in Nigeria right now.

This doesn't make sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Chidi299(m): 10:49am On Nov 02, 2019
Chidi299:
80k is someone, somewhere 8months salary in Nigeria right now.

This doesn't make sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Chidi299(m): 10:49am On Nov 02, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Houseoffranklin: 10:50am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:

i was basically talking about monthly take home and not safety concerns, its not like working in a bank in Nigeria is safe

Working in bank has high risk too. Health hazard is high... Wake 4am, get home 10 - 12 pm because of traffic. Omo check ur bp. Bike man, if him tire fit go rest, if day no good, or police dey disturb, he fit sleeo for house. Some bikes charge iyana iba to mlie 2 N400 per person, dey carry two. Some charge ijanikin to mile 2 N1000 i person per trip. The only problem they have is dey spebd anyhow, because dey believe dem go worj another one. If money no dey, oride, gocada, max no go join the business.

2 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by ibro2much(m): 10:51am On Nov 02, 2019
grossintel:
Because his uncle is now the manager abi? While still in school a lot of my uncles where promising me they will help me get work in fact I had nothing to worry about. As soon as it was time they all disappeared.

I can relate to that bro.......
Na only God fit help us for this country jare.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:
a single bike 1500, or 11k per week ... i dont know if the bankers lives a better life my point is what they gross monthly, in fact if you can get your bike man to work for konga , or gig the bike earns 7k daily

best passive income ever is transport

Bros sorry o
How much can one buy a fairly used bike
I’ve been wishing to get one for a long time now
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Wande22(m): 10:53am On Nov 02, 2019
30k with 30 days of work
OiOi:
point blank truth°°
Most people saying you are earning is low... In real life, as graduates, earn below 30k margin ...
Infact most of them are paid 15k per month(that's if they will not be owed that month) .

If you get a job paying above 60k out there, you are extremely lucky. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't source for multiple streams of income
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 10:53am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:

Three things you have misquoted since our arguments.

1. You're saying that I mean poor people are not in other country.

I have never said so, and I only said they were living above the average man here.

2. You're saying I said Bsc owners shouldn't accept 80k job
I have never said so, I only advice them not to see it as a job but see it as a stepping stone meaning they should find a plan to help them leave the job as early as possible.

3. you think I am saying those already in the job should quit immediately
I never said so, I only advice them to start making plans to improve themselves and theb quit.

Stop misquoting me to make a point
i didn't misqoute u I am only arguing with your mindset when u said 80k shouldn't be seen as money

Dude everybody is not the same 80k paying job is a job it's called a job because u work and get paid at the day no matter the job

Some people earn 200k per month but do u know the amount of stress they go through? The amount of medications they take? Do u know if their mental state is still intact? Trying to force urself ending double figures and u end up in the grave who lose is it not u?

Please people that are happy with the amount they earn don't force them into doing what they will regret later the pay might be small but it's still a job period

Good bye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 10:54am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:
you really understand the business, i also only give out to a family man with kids, and my form was drafted by my lawyer friend and i hold on to my particulars

I just laugh when this people think riders are paupers

Riders are paupers, if they were not why are you not driving yourself.

You guys won't bear the shame to drive instead you will buy a bike and put for hire purchase.

If we remove your gain and money for fuel, how much is the rider making?
perhaps bike riding isn't a professional job, so it isn't fit for an educated man who want to build a life career plan.
A reasonable graduate would only it for shortwhile and gather money to do something reasonable.

The only time I would take any form of riding as a profession is when I plan to someday start a riding company, and that's the career path I want to follow, second option is if I work for a riding firm that pay well and promote staff aside this, count me out.

Don't sell us what you can't buy yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by akanbiaa(m): 10:55am On Nov 02, 2019
YurFatHer:
That's why most people resign being a contract staff and opening their own business. Imagine 80k, I go marry, pay house rent and bills, buy food stuffs and pay children school fees inside 80k. Being an entrepreneur rocks.
And what of those earning less than 16k in a month and somehow surviving? I think it's about knowing what one wants and working towards achieving it. Be it Business or upgrading oneself with skills then your meagre current salary won't matter then. And also environment matters for a person earning 15k in Kaduna will live a more comfortable life than someone earning 60k in Abuja or 80k in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 10:56am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
i didn't misqoute u I am only arguing with your mindset when u said 80k shouldn't be seen as money

Dude everybody is not the same 80k paying job is a job it's called a job because u work and get paid at the day no matter the job

Some people earn 200k per month but do u know the amount of stress they go through? The amount of medications they take? Do u know if their mental state is still intact? Trying to force urself ending double figures and u end up in the grave who lose is it not u?

Please people that are happy with the amount they earn don't force them into doing what they will regret later the pay might be small but it's still a job period

Good bye
Let them remain happy, as for me and my household we are going to reach greater heights.

indeed not everyone has a mindset for greatness. I think that where we find common ground.

Good day
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by sonature1: 10:56am On Nov 02, 2019
smasher1:

Aboki people deposit a cashier's three or more years salary every day. Amount what millions.

Calm down.
There are two ways of making money:
1. You sell a product to make money
2. Sell a service (gig) to make money

If yours is option (1), you will always carry huge cash. The funny thing is that if a Kobo is unaccounted for, it becomes a problem for your business.

So, don't compare the two scenarios. What Aboki people carry is capital, which must be accounted for every day.

I think I prefer the second option. I can make money every now and then. I don't have to carry my goods about.

I remember calling a gen repairer to service my gen. We agreed for 2k. In less than 20 minutes, the guy had serviced the gen. I asked him, "So I have to pay you 2k for something you did in less than 20 minutes?"

He looked at me and smiled..he then said, "The time I spent on servicing your gen doesn't matter because if you could it, you would not have called me.'

That's the power of monitized service.

6 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by LordShiva97(m): 11:01am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
abeg how do u do it
I'm asking a question and you're also asking me?
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 11:05am On Nov 02, 2019
akanbiaa:
And what of those earning less than 16k in a month and somehow surviving? I think it's about knowing what one wants and working towards achieving it. Be it Business or upgrading oneself with skills then your meagre current salary won't matter then. And also environment matters for a person earning 15k in Kaduna will live a more comfortable life than someone earning 60k in Abuja or 80k in Lagos.
Bro under payment is underpayment whether you living inside a mud house, one thing common is that you will struggle all the day of your life.

80k isn't a salary at all, if you are doing it then fine, make future plan to either develop yourself and start out alone or get a better job.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by iammo(m): 11:05am On Nov 02, 2019
i really dont know depending, on your location, who is selling it, and the brand

OJLion:

Bros sorry o
How much can one buy a fairly used bike
I’ve been wishing to get one for a long time now
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by MuyiRano(m): 11:09am On Nov 02, 2019
Quorax:

If you are a graduate, spend 1 year learning how to sell using he internet. Start selling products online and watch how you make even 500k profit in one month if the competition is low and product is in high demand.
can I pm u?
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by iammo(m): 11:10am On Nov 02, 2019
as a busy worker, if you want to want to invest in hire purchase i suggest you visit an okada union boss closest to your neighborhood, tell them you need trustworthy riders who are family men that you'll like to buy a bike for them on hire purchase, go and price a bike (only buy bajaj cos its reliable) then go to a lawyer to draft you a solid repayment agreement (most lawyers already have it).. thats like the business summary

ClitRaider:

I'ma a salary earner too but this passive income thing get me.
I fit invest for bikes?
pls put me through abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Poorboy: 11:13am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:
Let them remain happy, as for me and my household we are going to reach greater heights.

indeed not everyone has a mindset for greatness. I think that where we find common ground.

Good day
have seen your points, how much do you feel is minimum wage a graduate should earn?
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by justmykel(m): 11:15am On Nov 02, 2019
healthserve:

Its working smart not hard. I don't work too hard physically and there are times ive cashed in 500k monthly from home. Mind you I was still learning then o wink
Very true. That's why I am diversifying.
Show me way! I dey like follow who sabi way
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by texazzpete(m): 11:16am On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:
i do buy bikes for people on hire purchase and i earn 1500 daily on just one bike sleeping in my house, what the bikers make and what i make , i bet you the UBA banker dont make such

That’s 45k a month. 90k with two bikes. Take out your capital to buy the bikes and your profit drops.
When that banker gets confirmed, his salary doubles. Most bankers earn much higher when you add in allowances

2 Likes

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by healthserve(m): 11:16am On Nov 02, 2019
justmykel:

Very true. That's why I am diversifying.
Show me way! I dey like follow who sabi way

Ways plenty. E depends on wetin with you get I can give you free direction. Before them gobsay I wan scam you oh. I hardly do private chats
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 11:19am On Nov 02, 2019
Poorboy:
have seen your points, how much do you feel is minimum wage a graduate should earn?
No specific amount actually, I started out with 90k lucky enough but after then I learnt web development and now I don't want to mention my earnings.
All I will advise is try to either improve your certificates, skill just anything that will make you ensure you aren't stuck with low pays.

It kill plans, you won't be able to further education, you can't buy properties at young age, so many problems.

1 Like

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by AlphaStyles(m): 11:23am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:

Good day
nobody has a mindset of greatness is that an insult?
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Poorboy: 11:23am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:
No specific amount actually, I started out with 90k lucky enough but after then I learnt web development and now I don't want to mention my earnings.
All I will advise is try to either improve your certificates, skill just anything that will make you ensure you aren't stuck with low pays.

It kill plans, you won't be able to further education, you can't buy properties at young age, so many problems.
I am working with the Federal Government and earning 105k now started with 99k.... Does that mean one should quit and look for higher pay considering that every year your pay is increasing according to step? Planning to add housing for rent so I can make more money.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by iammo(m): 11:24am On Nov 02, 2019
the 1500 isnt my profit, its just the intalmental payment for the bike ownership by the rider (my own income is intrest based so i have another way of calculating that)

all am saying is if a biker himself ears 3000 if he isnt on any repayment plan and owns the bike 3k + 1.5K is 4.5K... in 30 days if you own and ride your bike you gross more than this banker earning 80k

texazzpete:

That’s 45k a month. 90k with two bikes. Take out your capital to buy the bikes and your profit drops.
When that banker gets confirmed, his salary doubles. Most bankers earn much higher when you add in allowances

Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by justmykel(m): 11:25am On Nov 02, 2019
healthserve:

Ways plenty. E depends on wetin with you get I can give you free direction. Before them gobsay I wan scam you oh. I hardly do private chats
Life is all about risks! I take risks if I find it worthwhile. How we go take connect?
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 11:26am On Nov 02, 2019
Poorboy:
I am working with the Federal Government and earning 105k now started with 99k.... Does that mean one should quit and look for higher pay considering that every year your pay is increasing according to step? Planning to add housing for rent so I can make more money.
I didn't say so, don't quit ooooooo.

I said find a way to secure better cert or skill to ensure you secure quick promotions or better still secure you a better job.

Do you grab?
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2019
oladosuphemmy:
Some posts I read here are extremely funny. Some people lack real understanding of how labour works in Naija. Everybody wishes to live a great live but not everyone will. That's a fact.

After NYSC, I got a teaching job. Before the interview I expected the salary to be withing the range of 40k to 60k. Because the school is a big school with a lot of students that pay nothing less than 40k has school fee.

To my surprise I was told that my salary wil be 20k with no guarantee of increase. And I will be in charge of 3 subjects biology chemistry physics and sometimes agric.

While on the job I can say the job is 4 times more stressful than working in a bank. Go from class to class. Resumption time is 7am if you are late a minute you will be charged 5 percent of your salary. You are expected to always dress cooperate. You can't leave the school premises btw 7:30am to 6: 30pm.

To think of it I was one of the highest paid in the school because of my Bsc degree others earn 15k. There's a woman that teaches about 4 subject too that has been working there for the past 4 years. Her salary was recently increased with 1k.

The student on there own part to will almost frustrate your life tooo. They will make jest of you if your dressing is not tushetc. And some of them are really hard to teach.

In that school, THERE'S IS ALWAYS A PRE RESUMPTION MEETING A FRIDAY B4 RESUMPTION. DURING THIS MEETING THINGS THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO IMPROVE THE SCHOOL WILL BE DISCUSSED. AND TEACHERS ARE EXTECTED TO CLEAN UP THE CLASSROOM AND TOILETS SO THAT STUDENTS CAN RESUME IN A NEAT SCHOOL. I found this very disgraceful, embarrassing on the clouts of the teachers. You had no choice it's a must. I didn't do it and I was given a query to that. effect. after exactly a year of working in the school I left in search of a better opportunity. Though, things were extremely tough during the period of the search because I had no source of incomethen. but eventually....

Lots of stories like that... if marketers tell you what they face too whilst collecting peanut of 40k. you will be grateful if you get a job in a bank and you earn 80k monthly

Hmmm. It's not easy to be a Nigerian youth
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by Poorboy: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2019
stanliwise:
I didn't say so, don't quit ooooooo.

I said find a way to secure better cert or skill to ensure you secure quick promotions or better still secure you a better job.

Do you grab?
ok, yea.
Re: Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA by stanliwise(m): 11:29am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
nobody has a mindset of greatness is that an insult?
Dont ask me naughty question?
Where in my post did I say nobody or you're just trolling?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

First Bank Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does First Bank Pay Staff? / Young Landlord Who Is A UNIBEN Graduate And A Meat Seller (Photos) / Benue Female Barber, Sewe Kristina, Who Gives Men Clean Haircuts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.