Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,830 members, 7,933,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:41 PM

Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium (11772 Views)

Rihanna Spotted Celebrating Juventus Goal Against Atletico At The Stadium / Alex Iwobi's Sister & Parents At The Stadium In Russia As Nigeria Beats Iceland / Lady Caught Giving Her Man Hand Job Inside The Stadium At The 2018 World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by DuBLINGreenb(m): 11:59am On Nov 03, 2019
... if not so stadium will be empty
Even with this the stadium won't be half full
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by jimyjames(m): 12:18pm On Nov 03, 2019
slam7000:

The stadium is empty most times. Serious fans would pay and get their tickets for the cover stands. The opposite Obiagu end stand is usually empty or sparsely populated by ‘umu york’ smoking away their ganjas. Don’t even mention the Ogui Road end stand which is behind the post to the main entrance. That stand usually wouldn’t have up to 50 people there.
Obiagu stand and the entire stands are not what they used to be.

Not most times, but sometimes, it depends on the days and time the matches are been played and how well rangers is doing in the national league
Rangers got a pretty good fanbase compared to other national league teams in this country
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by Goldencheese(m): 12:18pm On Nov 03, 2019
OK

NwekeUG:
IgbereTV reports that Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has directed that Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium be open to fans and supporters of Rangers Football Club Enugu to come and cheer their darling Rangers FC to victory as they face ASCK of Togo in order to qualify for the group stage of the CAF Confederation Cup

The match will be played on Sunday 3rd November, 2019.

Rangers FC shared the news on Twitter.

It reads:

Enugu state executive governor, H.E, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has directed that all the gates into Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium be thrown wide open to fans and supporters of Rangers in Sunday's CCC match against ASCK of Togo. Up Rangers!! Never Say Die!!!

Recall that the first tie in Togo ended 2-1 in favour of ASCK. Rangers will be hoping to defeat ASCK of Togo in Enugu in order to qualify.

https://twitter.com/rangersint/status/1190565041986244608?s=19

http://igberetvnews.com/1108569/gov-ugwuanyi-grants-rangers-fans-free-entry-stadium-watch-rangers-asck-game/
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by renewable1(m): 12:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
Cool
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by Bigboy911: 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
BafanaBafana ppost=83702990:
Stadium go still empty
Thank God no yaribah smelling pig will enta de stadium before de will polute it with their smelling odour
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by vincijr(m): 12:24pm On Nov 03, 2019
Important notice everyone this guy with user name MBcloud is a scammer he just defrauded me $100 PayPal funds please be ware. He might come deny it but I have all the proof

Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by slam7000(m): 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
jimyjames:

Not most times, but sometimes, it depends on the days and time the matches are been played and how well rangers is doing in the national league
Rangers got a pretty good fanbase compared to other national league teams in this country

I know that. That’s why I said that the management need to do some serious work to get their fans back. Lots of people would decide to stay at home even when there are no premier league matches.

I always go to watch their matches when I am in town, the management is poor. It’s hard to get a decent souvenir. Rangers should be making good money selling their shirts, caps, key holders, mugs etc. They don’t have decent shirts and when they are available, you’d be directed to go get them at some filthy house in Onitsha street about 100m to the stadium.
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by jimyjames(m): 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2019
slam7000:

I know that. That’s why I said that the management need to do some serious work to get their fans back. Lots of people would decide to stay at home even when there are no premier league matches.

I always go to watch their matches when I am in town, the management is poor. It’s hard to get a decent souvenir. Rangers should be making good money selling their shirts, caps, key holders, mugs etc. They don’t have decent shirts and when they are available, you’d be directed to go get them at some filthy house in Onitsha street about 100m to the stadium.

You made some valid point there, the management got to do more
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by Topmaike007(m): 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2019
post=83702868:
To Nnamdi Azikwe stadium we go in the next few hours.

Free Barbecue for the first 200 fans if Enugu Rangers win today's game.

Let's go there

Up Enugu Rangers.

Up Nigeria.
lolz
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by Smoke55: 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
thou i didn't read the main news but the headline,in a situation like this we all are rangers fans,when we get in the stadium then we support our real team.
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by Bahamas95(m): 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
Useless clubs
Can't waste my time watching any Nigerian club side even if it's free
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by Asapkiller(m): 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2019
gaetano:
Everything is upside-down in Nigeria. State government should have no business running a club side. Private investors should take over, imagine the kind of loss of revenue in their books. Ticket sales are meant to pay players, a crash in price would be better. After they will be owing players 4 months salary.

months kwa no be even per week
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by masterP042(m): 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2019
The match says cancelled on sofascore, how true is it?
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by Amstupid(m): 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
angelEmade:

lol m wiser than that bro...#virgin
borehole grin

Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by SkinnyNigga: 1:34pm On Nov 03, 2019
chuks34:
Na sure winning for Enugu rangers. Make I go stake am with 10k, I go add am Leicester X2 na sure 2odds be dat grin
you go just cry
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by Cyoung4real(m): 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
post=83702868:

Let's go there

Up Enugu Rangers.

Up Nigeria.

Nobody wants your dead meat, take it to your village people grin

1 Like

Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by AK481(m): 1:41pm On Nov 03, 2019
slam7000:

Supported. I was surprised to see this. Government can’t continue to give such freebies to fans. It doesn’t make sense.

People would pay to enter premier league football viewing centres to watch EPL but can’t pay to watch local matches live!

Npl teams should find ways of generating revenues and stop depending on state governors. They should work hard, be creative in getting their fans back.

Opening the gates wouldn’t solve anything. Interested fans will still come in their, spend their money on snacks and drinks, litter the stadium and walk away.

It might stimulate the people .

Let’s first go to the classroom.
You can stimulate the economy of people to pay for what that don’t have the money for by 3 types of spendings .

Consumer spending, investor spending or government spending. And irrespective of who is spending, the effect is the same.

If the government pays the club for all the fees, individuals will troop out and watch and if they enjoy the experience,then they can use their money to go and watch next time.

It’s a government policy like trader money.
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by SmartyPants(m): 1:56pm On Nov 03, 2019
Carmit:
Na Wetin dey kill naija football be this.
Aren't the clubs supposed to make money from ticket sales?
We know the bureaucracy involved with disbursement of funds should the government decide to pay the club for the tickets.

Rangers is a state-managed club sir. The government need not pay for the tickets as the revenue and expenditure of the club are indepenent of each other.

1 Like

Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by SmartyPants(m): 1:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
slam7000:

Supported. I was surprised to see this. Government can’t continue to give such freebies to fans. It doesn’t make sense.

People would pay to enter premier league football viewing centres to watch EPL but can’t pay to watch local matches live!

Npl teams should find ways of generating revenues and stop depending on state governors. They should work hard, be creative in getting their fans back.

Opening the gates wouldn’t solve anything. Interested fans will still come in their, spend their money on snacks and drinks, litter the stadium and walk away.

What else is opening the gates supposed to solve than to get people to come into the stadium?
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by gaetano: 2:07pm On Nov 03, 2019
Asapkiller:

months kwa no be even per week

Nigeria don't pay per week. In the western world they get payed by week not just in football.

2 Likes

Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by DelphiOracle(m): 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
gaetano:
Everything is upside-down in Nigeria. State government should have no business running a club side. Private investors should take over, imagine the kind of loss of revenue in their books. Ticket sales are meant to pay players, a crash in price would be better. After they will be owing players 4 months salary.
true talk.
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by sinbad042(m): 2:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
Enugu Rangers Nkea bu nke anyi......winning is a must,no negotiation....042 for life.
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by LORDKing001: 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
chuks34:
Na sure winning for Enugu rangers. Make I go stake am with 10k, I go add am Leicester X2 na sure 2odds be dat grin
Congrats in advance.
I will advice you to guide it with pyramids fc
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by LORDKing001: 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2019
masterP042:
The match says cancelled on sofascore, how true is it?
No be Adamawa

Dem get confederation league match to play
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by slam7000(m): 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
Rangers 1-0 ASC Kara

Goal scored in the 18th min.
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by slam7000(m): 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2019
chuks34:

Rangers 1-0 up

Leicester 1-0

Looking good so far
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by oloriooko(m): 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
Haba so match don start
The flying antelope must literally fly today kwa

slam7000:
Rangers 1-0 ASC Kara

Goal scored in the 18th min.
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by Legendguru: 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by LZAA: 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2019
post=83702868:

Let's go there

Up Enugu Rangers.

Up Nigeria.
Keep qwayet o ye apc man angry angry

Re: Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium by LZAA: 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2019
slam7000:

Nnamdi azikiwe is always full freebie or not
Tickets are priced reasonably and rangers fans are loyal
Rangers oye

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

David De Gea Signs New Long-term Contract With Man Utd Until 2023 / CAF Invites Akpabio And Uduaghan To AFCON Final. / I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.