Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,523 members, 7,885,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:39 AM

Chief Mine Geologist Needed At UG Copper In Central Africa - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Chief Mine Geologist Needed At UG Copper In Central Africa (305 Views)

Mining Engineer/geologist Needed. / Experienced Geologist Needed. / Geologist Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chief Mine Geologist Needed At UG Copper In Central Africa by healthcare1: 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
Exciting expat opportunity at a thriving underground copper operation in Central Africa.

The Company
A thriving, Australian owned base metals miner operating a large underground mine in Central Africa. Due to ongoing expansion and continued development across the mine property, there is a requirement for an experienced geologist to come on board and join the technical services team in the role of Chief Mine Geologist.

The Role
Lead, coach and mentor a large geology team;
Develop, implement & drive systems to support underground development and production activities;
Implement and drive grade control systems to support effective operations;
Support geology activities to increase reserve inventory across the mine property;
Establish and maintain daily, weekly and monthly reporting systems;
Support validation of survey, geological, geotechnical and resource estimate work;
Short to long term geological planning to identify production profile risks;
Encourage & drive a strong safety and continuous improvement culture.
The Requirement
Tertiary qualification/s in geosciences discipline;
10+ years mining related experience;
High calibre working ability in underground production geology activities;
Strong technical understanding of the underground metalliferous mining environment;
Leadership ability and interpersonal awareness to lead a large technical team;
Willing to work on a 6/3 FIFO roster or residential arrangement in Central Africa.
The Reward
A highly competitive USD base salary;
Lucrative bonus incentive program based on production metrics and KPI’s;
A career progression opportunity with a growing base metals miner;
Business class flights from point of hire (For );
Relocation assistance and in country support (For residential);
A key leadership role with an expat employer of choice in Africa.
The ideal candidate will hold a track record of success working in underground mine production activities with some exposure to reserve and resource estimation associated areas. The position is allowing for the Chief Mine Geologist to work from point of hire or live locally on residential basis.

To apply sent your CV to Email: recruitment@blueseadrill.com

Re: Chief Mine Geologist Needed At UG Copper In Central Africa by healthcare1: 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
To apply for the Geologist position, sent your CV to Email: recruitment@blueseadrill.com

(1) (Reply)

From Grass To Grace (know How) / Bank Teller / Ralinyce Resource And Services Limited In Need Of Employees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.