Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,530 members, 7,911,313 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 09:21 AM

Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS (1788 Views)

₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele / FG Orders Total Closure Of Land Borders For Elections / Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 04, 2019
The Comptroller General of the Nigerian Customs Service, Rtd Hameed Ibrahim Ali said in an interview that the decision to close the border is an important gesture to grow the Nigerian economy.
Hameed said: “This border closure has created pressure or the suffering of the Nigerian citizens is dumbfounding before now we have poor people before now we have people who could not afford three-square meals before now we have people who couldn’t find jobs,”
“So, for anybody to believe that the border closure is the reason for the hardship in the country is completely dumbfounding. There are no statistics to support that claim. The border closure is a win-win for Nigeria”
“Farmers in Abakaliki who could not sell a truck of millet a week, now do so in a day, Go to Kebbi and ask those farmers how business is now. People are beginning to invest in our agricultural system”
“Why do we need to be fed by foreigners? At what point do we begin to truly feel independent? Any country or nation that can not feed itself can not claim independence. Because the crux is that once there is a diplomatic misunderstanding, they will close the gap, what happens then?
“Hence, we must grow Nigeria, we must eat and drink Nigeria. Even China closed its borders to the whole world for 40 years and today it is considered a great nation. Don’t you want to be a great Nigeria?” he added.
He urged all citizens to remain patient as the closure of the border is indeed in our interest.
https://afrinewsreport..com/2019/11/nigeria-china-closed-its-borders-for-40.html

Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 04, 2019
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by Ojiofor: 11:50am On Nov 04, 2019
Is Nigeria China,can we actually do what the Chinese did?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by johnkay1(m): 11:51am On Nov 04, 2019
Okay sir
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by lordlugards: 11:55am On Nov 04, 2019
Realnigeria:
The Comptroller General of the Nigerian Customs Service, Rtd Hameed Ibrahim Ali said in an interview that the decision to close the border is an important gesture to grow the Nigerian economy.
Hameed said: “This border closure has created pressure or the suffering of the Nigerian citizens is dumbfounding before now we have poor people before now we have people who could not afford three-square meals before now we have people who couldn’t find jobs,”
“So, for anybody to believe that the border closure is the reason for the hardship in the country is completely dumbfounding. There are no statistics to support that claim. The border closure is a win-win for Nigeria”
“Farmers in Abakaliki who could not sell a truck of millet a week, now do so in a day, Go to Kebbi and ask those farmers how business is now. People are beginning to invest in our agricultural system”
“Why do we need to be fed by foreigners? At what point do we begin to truly feel independent? Any country or nation that can not feed itself can not claim independence. Because the crux is that once there is a diplomatic misunderstanding, they will close the gap, what happens then?
“Hence, we must grow Nigeria, we must eat and drink Nigeria. Even China closed its borders to the whole world for 40 years and today it is considered a great nation. Don’t you want to be a great Nigeria?” he added.
He urged all citizens to remain patient as the closure of the border is indeed in our interest.
https://afrinewsreport..com/2019/11/nigeria-china-closed-its-borders-for-40.html
Mumu China close its border because they are manufacturing country, and have a better policies for their mases.

Don't try to compare China with Nigeria. They are not our mate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by ahiboilandgas: 11:57am On Nov 04, 2019
Ojiofor:
anit they humans like u Abi we be aliens or sub humans

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by dukeprince50: 12:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
lol, if I talk, sm1 will say I am a zombie, I do not have the talent to compete with idiots so lemme just say."one day we will be great, you have to bend and till the soil before you reap its harvest" no pain no gain

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by Ojiofor: 12:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
anit they humans like u Abi we be aliens or sub humans

We can even do more than they did if only there is political will and discipline to carry it out but I doubt we have that.
Where is the energy to support local production like China ?
Audio policy!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by superlanny(m): 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2019
To be sincere, I know this idea of border closure is one of the best ideas and Buhari is the only President has had the very large balls to close our doors to our immediate neighbors on land. The Positives on this move is very attractive and the end game will be very rewarding for Nigeria and its future generations, we need to look inward and use our numerical advantage to a creative and industrious use, there will be lots of Jobs for the youths, and the economy booms.
The negatives are there too, in that, we must find better ways to secure our borders and also get more ways to curb corruption and indisipline amongst officers of the Customs, Police, Army and other relevant security agencies.
Finally the ball is in the court of our Elite Leaders at all levels, "Elite, because they are the Kings and the Masses who are meant to be served are Slaves", continue all your tricks at enriching your pockets , on your death beds or when the alarm sounds, make sure you stuff as many valuables and wealth as you can on you, so you can continue balling where you end.
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by ahiboilandgas: 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ojiofor:

We can even do more than they did if only there is political will and discipline to it out but I doubt we have that.
Where is the energy to support local production like China ?
Audio policy!
we must start from somewhere
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by dukeprince50: 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
and this is the somewhere, God bless and strengthen us.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ojiofor:
The confusion is strong with APC.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by vaxx2: 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2019
Realnigeria:

if an authority in Nigeria can sound this way , then Nigerian business men are in trouble . China alongside India were once the economic powerhouse of the world . China historically is buoyant economically with sophisticated technology thru the medieval age.

China’ population was usually larger than Europe’s, and the various phases of Chinese empire were wealthier and more technologically sophisticated. Nigeria has no historical advantage nor was it buoyant to stand on its own. Morocco , Algeria and Egypt are the only country with such in africa. yet they are not with this porous thinking.

And, of course, China system of centralized goverment is another thing this custom authority didn't think thru, over 52 billion dollar of Chinese citizens cash working abroad are flowing in to the economy during the closure, ( it is called foreing remmittance) how miuch are Nigeria citizens working abroad pumping into Nigeria economy. this cash is what was used to establish various industrial hub around the suburb of China.

it is time Nigeria stop thinking childishly and focus on how to annexed a market volume of 1.3 billion people instead of looking at 200 million population which can not fast track development and industrialization.

comparing China to Nigeria by the custom authority shows the man need serious education.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by ahiboilandgas: 12:15pm On Nov 04, 2019
dukeprince50:
and this is the somewhere, God bless and strengthen us.
it might be imperfect but will be perfected and improved upon ,if we can feed our self and refine our petrol needs and export this is good ,
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by Ojiofor: 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
immhotep:

The confusion is strong with APC.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by Ojiofor: 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2019
ahiboilandgas:

I hear you.
Hunger never waya you,you go know say Buhari and APC are taking you for a ride.
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by ahiboilandgas: 12:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ojiofor:

I hear you.
Hunger never waya you,you go know say Buhari and APC are taking you for a ride.
why hunger go waya me for country of 200m people ....even if I dey sale bread i can't go hungry no dey bread seller no dey sell ....abi if I drive marwa .....u be part of lazy youths ?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by capitalzero: 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
Realnigeria:

To be like China, we have to stop importing furniture,car, etc.
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by netpro(m): 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
Lazy people who don't want to work will soon be here to spew venom.
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by Ojiofor: 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
why hunger go waya me for country of 200m people ....even if I dey sale bread i can't go hungry no dey bread seller no dey sell ....abi if I drive marwa .....u be part of lazy youths ?

Even bread sellers no escape Buhari's austerity measure induced hunger when e go set in.
A responssible government that wishes to improve local production should first of all improve electricity to enhance production before thinking about closing borders to minimize shortage of essential commodities.
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by ahiboilandgas: 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2019
[quote author=Ojiofor post=83732943]

Even bread sellers no escape Buhari's austerity measure induced hunger when e go set in.
A responssible government that wishes to improve local production should first of all improve electricity to enhance production before thinking about closing borders to minimize shortage of essential commodities.[/quote...there is no shortage of yam ,bean ,egg ,bread,cassava ,maize ,millets,flour,oil ,sugar beef,chicken ....u enter market and no see am..the sea is open for import and duty collected...u be smuggler of contraband?or duty advoider
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by Ojiofor: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2019
[quote author=ahiboilandgas post=83733046][/quote]

I no be smuggler at all.I just dey pity una.
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by ahiboilandgas: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ojiofor:

I no be smuggler at all.I just dey pity una.
we dey farm dey produce rice ...tgeir is 900k square km available in Nigeria with 100m able body men....thailand no get this much land and manpower ....so we are suppose to be exporting rice and bean to them
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by Ojiofor: 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
we dey farm dey produce rice ...tgeir is 900k square km available in Nigeria with 100m able body men....thailand no get this much land and manpower ....so we are suppose to be exporting rice and bean to them

I don hear,Just hate the fact that I will be buying bags of rice this xmas at probably over 30k per bag based on current price in the market.
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by ahiboilandgas: 1:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ojiofor:

I don hear,Just hate the fact that I will be buying bags of rice this xmas at probably over 30k per bag based on current price in the market.
false ..the mills are working more farmers are harvesting price will surely come down to 13k in the long run ...he must not eat rice in December,pounded yam and rich soup dry plus pammy ....buy eating local rice...u are employing a fellow Nigeria (reducing security problem ) saving forex ,improving on your health

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by Smoke55: 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
dukeprince50:
lol, if I talk, sm1 will say I am a zombie, I do not have the talent to compete with idiots so lemme just say."one day we will be great, you have to bend and till the soil before you reap its harvest" no pain no gain
how you take no sey you be zombie?
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by TheTourist: 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
When he's actually right about the China insinuation
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by maxlis097(m): 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
Or rather the world closed its borders with China
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by SarkinYarki: 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
China didn't become better till it opened it's borders so stop decieving Nigerians
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by docadams: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
SarkinYarki:
China didn't become better till it opened it's borders so stop decieving Nigerians

Where did you get this idea?
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by Ojiofor: 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
false ..the mills are working more farmers are harvesting price will surely come down to 13k in the long run ...he must not eat rice in December,pounded yam and rich soup dry plus pammy ....buy eating local rice...u are employing a fellow Nigeria (reducing security problem ) saving forex ,improving on your health

I won't mind to buy if the local rice is available and affordable to most people how ever,how much is 50kg bag in the market today?I want to hear from you.

You Said-price will come dow to 13k in the long run,Long run is how long?
Re: Nigeria : ‘china Closed Its Borders For 40 Years And They’re Better Now’ -NCS by sweetonugbu: 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2019
Where is the power to manufacture things for self sustenance,not to talk about exporting,Ali should keep quiet

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Why Supreme Court Judgement On Imo Must Be Reversed / Breaking: Another Top Ally To Buhari Dies / #endsars: Gbagyi Youths Dissociate Self From Yusuf Yunusa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.