Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,726 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:33 AM

Is It Appropriate To Use My Life Stories While Preaching In The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Appropriate To Use My Life Stories While Preaching In The Church? (398 Views)

What I Was Offered By An Occultist While Preaching In A Bus Park / Nigerian Man Arrested In Uk For Preaching In An Open Place / Prostitutes Beat Evangelist To Coma For Preaching In Their Premises In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Appropriate To Use My Life Stories While Preaching In The Church? by Beosten(m): 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
When preaching in the church, is it appropriate to use my life stories especially in a situation where I committed a sin and God punished me. Note that it's a kind of sin which is not a sin in the eye of the law. For instance, premarital sex, or other sins not wrong according to our laws?

Not a kind of "I'm the one that poisoned Awolowo' bla bla. Otherwise, police go arrest person o.
Re: Is It Appropriate To Use My Life Stories While Preaching In The Church? by Kenneth4u205(m): 9:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
Yes .the best type of preaching is when you preach based on your life experience.that's why God usually use ex prostitutes pastors to save prostitutes.he uses ex drug addict to save the drug addicted .etc
Re: Is It Appropriate To Use My Life Stories While Preaching In The Church? by pressplay411(m): 9:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
Being witnesses of Christ means telling our experience in Christ to others and people seeing our new life and glorifying God.
Re: Is It Appropriate To Use My Life Stories While Preaching In The Church? by Beosten(m): 9:51pm On Nov 04, 2019
Kenneth4u205:
Yes .the best type of preaching is when you preach based on your life experience.that's why God usually use ex prostitutes pastors to save prostitutes.he uses ex drug addict to save the drug addicted .etc

I was once a Sunday school teacher in our church. I later wooed a sister for relationship. She first thing she said was "why did you in most cases use your life experiences as examples?' I didn't answer the question well and didn't talk further about a relationship with her. She disappeared about 3 months later. When I asked about her, I was told she was impregnated by a man.

So, I'm trying to find a connection between what she said and me wanting to have a relationship with her.
Re: Is It Appropriate To Use My Life Stories While Preaching In The Church? by Kenneth4u205(m): 10:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
People relate more when you preach from your personal life experience than using bible examples.we face more temptation now compare to people in bible time .social media distractions,internet to watch unclean videos ,televisions , laws that encourages immorality,etc
Re: Is It Appropriate To Use My Life Stories While Preaching In The Church? by Beosten(m): 10:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
Kenneth4u205:
People relate more when you preach from your personal life experience than using bible examples.we face more temptation now compare to people in bible time .social media distractions,internet to watch unclean videos ,televisions , laws that encourages immorality,etc

Exactly, I shake my head whenever some of my big pastors preach in church. They would be speaking for about one hour without mentioning a practical case they once encountered. Always using Jacob n co as examples. No connection with real life cases.

Then they will tell you that oratory or talent in speech making has nothing to do with preaching.
Re: Is It Appropriate To Use My Life Stories While Preaching In The Church? by Kenneth4u205(m): 10:19pm On Nov 04, 2019
Beosten:

I was once a Sunday school teacher in our church. I later wooed a sister for relationship. She first thing she said was "why did you in most cases use your life experiences as examples?' I didn't answer the question well and didn't talk further about a relationship with her. She disappeared about 3 months later. When I asked about her, I was told she was impregnated by a man.

So, I'm trying to find a connection between what she said and me wanting to have a relationship with her.
98% of christian in church live a double life .the act holy in church and become the opposite outside the church .she was expecting you to be living a double life also .preaching as Sunday school teacher while sleeping with her at home .Because someone that is living a double life can't be bold enough to use their life experience as examples.she was expecting you to tell her that those examples was just your imagination.wasn't real .then she will feel more comfortable to reveal her wayward life style outside the church to you .but since you didn't reply ,she will keep on acting holy holy while masking her true nature

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Seeds Of Destiny 10 November 2019 -- PROPHETIC IMPARTATION / The Solution Is Older Than The Problem. Before That Problem Came, The Solution.. / Is Predictions The Same As Prophecies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.