Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,920 members, 7,883,212 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

Going Back To College - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Going Back To College (147 Views)

Delta School Of Nursing Upgraded To College Of Nursing / I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education / You Can Now Go To College In Germany For Free, No Matter Where You’re From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Going Back To College by IamRamona(f): 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
I was supposed to be the first in my family to graduate from college until stupid, unthinking kindness got me in jail. Eager to help my drug-dealing cousin in what I initially thought to be an ambulance emergency to rush a friend to the hospital, I was petrified when the maimed friend suddenly rose and held me gunpoint, threatening to shoot me in the neck if I showed the slightest apprehension. They were on their way to deliver boxes of cocaine to a “headquarters” in the town’s outskirts. Minutes later, an unexpected checkpoint midtown delivered the final blow, sending me to share the company of uniformed mates for the next several years. My mother was undergoing dialysis, my sister a struggling single mother. I had to bid my Literature major goodbye. The rest is history. Five years, two parole officers, the death of my mother and cousin in jail, and sixteen tattoos later, it is a most valuable life lesson I learned – an unexamined life is not worth living.
Too much, too little, too late. Upon release, I did not even know whether I should be allowed to grieve due to my lack of foresight. I could not mourn their deaths because it was my fault.
Picking up my life or whatever was left of it, my parole officer offered his friendship and finances to allow me to resume school. I could not be more grateful. But even if I was happy to go back to school and work for a living, I found my writing ability to be sorely missing. Years of reading in prison did not nurture my writing skill, but rather made me afraid to write for fear that I may write my own eulogy due to crushing sadness. The one asset I had before I was sent to the can had suffered the consequences. I had to undergo that painful process of introspection. Now, as I slowly inch towards that elusive degree and the cusp of complete emotional healing, I still encounter writer’s block occasionally but luckily, if there is another thing that has given me a new lease on life, it is [url]customessaymeister.com[/url]. I always want to write my own narrative essay www.customessaymeister.com/buy-narrative-essay.html but when that dark cloud hovers over me, I go to them. The reliability of a simple writing website allowed me to overcome my demons and regain that writing penchant and ability.

(1) (Reply)

Things To Do As You Await Your ATS Exams Result / Disability Scholarship Program For Collages / Heg-edu Plus Consults

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.