Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,847 members, 7,969,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:41 AM

Why Do We Have To Switch Off Our Cellphones Before We Enter Nigerian Banks? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do We Have To Switch Off Our Cellphones Before We Enter Nigerian Banks? (9715 Views)

Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks / What Is The Maximum Daily Deposit In Nigerian Banks? / CBN To Switch 5-10% Of Forex Reserves To Chinese Yuan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have To Switch Off Our Cellphones Before We Enter Nigerian Banks? by supereagle(m): 4:59am On Nov 19, 2010
I transact with GTB, Finbank, Afri Bank and Skye Bank . All the acct detailed are in my cell phones , I don't put off anything, even if they tell to do so, I will politely tell them, the acct details are inside.
But answering calls withing the banking hall , the signal from the cell phones can interfere with their system.
Re: Why Do We Have To Switch Off Our Cellphones Before We Enter Nigerian Banks? by DisGuy: 5:02pm On Nov 19, 2010
^^^ yea right, does you mobile signal interfer with you computer/laptop at home?
dey there make them dey maga u for there, signal ko signage ni grin
Re: Why Do We Have To Switch Off Our Cellphones Before We Enter Nigerian Banks? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 20, 2010
i cant believe d huge number of dumbskuls here

look at this, "the guy in blue ankara coming out now has d money in his backpack"

next, the ankara guy gets shot and robbed

no calls, no way they knowin u got money on u.
Re: Why Do We Have To Switch Off Our Cellphones Before We Enter Nigerian Banks? by Dauchman(m): 8:38pm On Nov 20, 2010
I think this is a very dumb topic, no offense meant though. We keep comparing Naija to developed countries like the UK, US and Canada what about other countries, at least i have been to a couple of countries where i was not allowed to use my phone in the banking hall. We seem to forget the kind of people we are (how lousy we can get). How many banks in these developed countries do you see the teller areas uncovered but i know in Naija all banks have removed the teller area covering for a long while now. Why is no one complaining about that, but when Naija says please do not use your mobile phones in the bank, then we remember that Naija is backwards. Maybe after you have experienced being robbed after you leave a bank you will begin to appreciate why they ask you not to use your phones. And in between i think you are told "do not to use your mobile phone in the banking halls" and not "switch off your mobile phone".
Re: Why Do We Have To Switch Off Our Cellphones Before We Enter Nigerian Banks? by HolyMikel(m): 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2010
If phones are allowed, customers will turn the halls into market places with their noisy calls apart from the security risk invovled
Re: Why Do We Have To Switch Off Our Cellphones Before We Enter Nigerian Banks? by charlievan(m): 1:10am On Nov 23, 2010
i honestly never switch off my phones in any bank. i am proud to say i bank with GTB ,whenever i need to do biz. with any other bank , nobody ,i repeat nobody can force me to switch off my phones ,cos i always tell tell my phones are my office ,if d bank staff can use dia phones in dia office i can aswell use mine ,more so when my time is being wasted on a long queue. D best i can do 4 any bank is to put my phones on vibbration.       enjoy,

In any case ,if im d bankin hall wen u makin a huge withdrawal ,i dont have to make any call be4 my gang collect d wad from u ,all i need do is follow u outta D BANK and make any call if i have to or makeany desired signal. 4GET.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairalanders, How Much Are You Worth? / Tony Elumelu Wins Award In Abidjan. Pics / How To Make Money Using Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.