Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,212 members, 7,903,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:22 AM

Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site (8990 Views)

Osogbo-Kwara State Boundary Road: Governor Adeleke Mobilizes Contractor to site / Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes / International Flights Resume On 29th August 2020 -Hadi Sirika, Aviation Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by OEPHIUS(m): 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2019
Commends Ugwuanyi’s support

*Says airport will be best in the country

The Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, Thursday said that the Federal Government has mobilized the contractor (PW) handling the reconstruction and rehabilitation of the runway and other facilities in the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, to site, preparatory to commencement of work.

It will be recalled that the Enugu airport was closed barely three months ago for the repairs of the runway and other renovations, following concerns raised about the safety of lives and property.

Addressing newsmen after a meeting with Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State at the Government House, Enugu, the Minister of Aviation, stated that he was in the state alongside the Managing Director of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Capt. Hamisu Rabiu Yadudu, the Chairman, House Committee on Aviation, Hon. Nnoli Nnaji and others, to interact with the contractor “to see the level of preparation for the work and review the programme to ensure that he delivers the runway within the time we agreed”.

Reconfirming that the airport will be reopened before Easter, Senator Sirika commended Gov. Ugwuanyi for “the tremendous support, show of concern and participation in what we are doing to deliver this airport”.

According to him, “he (Ugwuanyi) has done everything we have asked the state government to do. We commend him also for those tough decisions that he took in overriding public interest. I think he is bold enough, courageous enough and his show of support and love for his people cannot be quantified”.

Senator Sirika, who disclosed that the Federal Government is committed to ensure that the Enugu Airport “will be the best airport in the country” after the rehabilitation, added that “it will be the most efficient and most modernized airport”.

The minister said that President Muhammadu Buhari has promised to continue to fund the new Enugu International Terminal which is being handled by CCECC, a Chinese company, reiterating his promise to be visiting Enugu regularly to supervise and ensure that the Federal Government delivers on the airport.

Senator Sirika equally appreciated the House Committee chairman on Aviation, Hon. Nnaji, for his diligence, persistence and immense contributions to the project, especially the budgetary allocation.

The minister, who pointed out that the economy of Enugu as well as the state was “very central and pivotal to this part of the country”, maintained that “we take it seriously and we must ensure that it (Enugu) continues to play that central role it is playing”.

His words: “I want to assure Nigerians that this procurement, the reconstruction and rehabilitation of Enugu airport runway and the existing buildings and other associated works will be delivered efficiently in good time, transparently and prudently”.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by athaboi(f): 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
Using air this Christmas will be grounded in the east, I will take asaba tho
Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by Brandstudio01: 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
If completed would be a big stride.
Nothing drives me happy like seeing the Government own up. Because that's the job they were paid to do

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by Leadafrica: 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
Thanks to the FG. I just hope its not another audio stuff sha.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by ogbuefi677(m): 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
7 weeks to Christmas,na im una de still talk of mobilization.
Meanwhile,d roads are death traps and kidnappers den.
Wicked islamist govt.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by Angelfrost(m): 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
athaboi:
Using air this Christmas will be grounded in the east, I will take asaba tho

Owerri should be closer, methinks...

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by ainas247: 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
good news
Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by Antoeni(m): 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
This Enugu Airport no Dey Finish Sef?
Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by realstars: 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
Before you made it solid, go and see the governor in gandujes style.,
Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by Oluwavichtor(m): 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
...stories that touch..
Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by seangy4konji: 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
Looting contnues.
Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
Okay
Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by Naboleon: 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
Enugu airport for how long?
Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
Angelfrost:

Is a lie.
Asaba is more closer than Owerri....very close.
Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by Temptee101(m): 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
shocked

Useless govt

Retards

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by solmusdesigns: 4:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
LOL

hwhat stella couldnt do

Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by Princedapace(m): 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
This system of govt where nations wait for FG before taking critical infrastructure that is essential to their lives is so bad. This is why presidential elections will always be bloody.. And nigeria is biased country where ethnic and religious cards are paramount for the politicians. I pray that some day, we change this system.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by philip0906(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2019
ogbuefi677:
[s]7 weeks to Christmas,na im una de still talk of mobilization.
Wicked islamist govt[/s].
When you wail, you match brake small make you no get migraine from incessant wailing.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by Angelfrost(m): 4:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Is a lie.

Asaba is more closer than Owerri....very close.

Really??!... My geographical guess is off then. I was thinking in terms of both being Eastern states. Oh well.
Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by FakeManna: 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
LOL

hwhat stella couldnt do

[/s]
Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 07, 2019
Angelfrost:

Really??!... My geographical guess is off then. I was thinking in terms of both being Eastern states. Oh well.

No, not at all.

Asaba that is not upto or say 10 mins and u can still u leg to cross over.

Based on distance Asaba is nearer. So the young man knows what he is saying.
Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by athaboi(f): 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
Angelfrost:

am heading to enugwu ukwu, asaba will be closer than owerri

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by sonature1: 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
Leadafrica:
Thanks to the FG. I just hope its not another audio stuff sha.

What's the program about?
Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by efighter: 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2019
ogbuefi677:
7 weeks to Christmas,na im una de still talk of mobilization.
Wicked islamist govt.

I thought your Christian government has provided all infrastructure. So, you are now begging Islamist government to help you build infrastructure that you senselessly looting Christian government could not build for 16 years. Definitely, those governments weren't Christian governments. Followers of Christ do not steal and loot like Obasanjo and Goatluck governments did.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by sonature1: 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
[s]
efighter:
Rubbish. These beggars from Biafra wont stop begging. I thought your lord and saviour the drunk ineffectual buffoon has provided all infrastructure and social amenities in Biafran Republic. FG is mad for trying to rob Peter to pay Paul. The region that gave 5% votes to Buhari should get only 5% infrastructure while the region that gave 97% votes should get 97% infrastructure. Politics in investment, you invest your votes and reap infrastructure and appointment.
[/s]

Spewing hate and tribalism where none ought to exist.

Emere gi ya eme?

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site by efighter: 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2019
sonature1:
[s][/s]

Spewing hate and tribalism where none ought to exist.

Emere gi ya eme?

Se ooya werey?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NIWA V LASG: Supreme Court Affirms FG’s Exclusive Control Of Inland Waterways / Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students / Dubai Slavery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.