Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,154 members, 7,896,910 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:23 AM

How I Stopped People From Adding Me To Any Whatsapp Group - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Stopped People From Adding Me To Any Whatsapp Group (1665 Views)

I Stopped Using Google Chrome / FINALLY! Whatsapp Lets You Prevent People From Adding You To Their Groups / How To Clone Any Whatsapp Account To Another Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Stopped People From Adding Me To Any Whatsapp Group by TechyhandsDotCo(m): 11:17pm On Nov 08, 2019
On WhatsApp you can now decide who adds you to a WhatsApp group or not.

How annoying could it be? It's been a while you logged on your WhatsApp messaging app, probably because you have been business or infact, you are tired of chatting with some boring freaks (just saying). Then one morning - after a long while, you decided to finally open your WhatsApp app. And guess what? You see you have been added to tens of WhatsApp groups. And this could come with a bit of responsibility, you know. You have tons of WhatsApp messages (some of which you are probably not interested in) floating on top of your phone's notification bar!

Honestly, this is annoying! Especially, if your phone's memory is a bit low - your phone starts to process those messages even a bit slower. Infact, we all can relate to this?

And it seems WhatsApp team hasn't been too happy with all these going on, and thats why they introduced a new privacy feature that allows you to choose who adds to a group; infact, you could even prevent everybody from adding you to a WhatsApp group. It's your choice!

However, you should keep in mind that you can still be sent a private link to join a group though. The link is valid for 72 hours (or let's say just 3 days). So you can decide whether to be a part of the WhatsApp group, or not.

We have said enough already, so the big question is,

How can I stop people from adding me to any WhatsApp Group?

Continue reading at https://www.techyhands.com/2019/11/how-to-choose-who-adds-you-to-whatsapp.html

1 Like

Re: How I Stopped People From Adding Me To Any Whatsapp Group by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 09, 2019
God bless you very much for this info.

Please who knows how to hide WhatsApp groups after muting them for 1 year?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Stopped People From Adding Me To Any Whatsapp Group by freethesheeple(m): 5:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
mulante:
God bless you very much for this info.

Please who knows how to hide WhatsApp groups after muting them for 1 year?

hahahahahahahhahahaha mute them for 10 years abeg..i can relate.
Whats app can hang phone eeeeeeee
Re: How I Stopped People From Adding Me To Any Whatsapp Group by Ejadike(m): 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2019
freethesheeple:

hahahahahahahhahahaha mute them for 10 years abeg..i can relate.
Whats app can hang phone eeeeeeee
does that mute work?
Re: How I Stopped People From Adding Me To Any Whatsapp Group by bfn1: 12:08am On Nov 10, 2019
Thank you for this info.

I've just readjusted my settings with it.
Re: How I Stopped People From Adding Me To Any Whatsapp Group by TechyhandsDotCo(m): 8:23am On Nov 16, 2019
Uwc! Just make sure u visit https://Techyhands.com for more tech updates!!

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi 9 Teardown: Inside Review Shows Why Xiaomi Needs To Work Again / Rbuy You Blackberry Phones Here: At A Give A Way Price. / Neatly Use Nokia E65 With 2gig Going 4 8,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.