Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,468 members, 7,917,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:06 AM

It's Not Miracle, It's Just Not Your Day! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Not Miracle, It's Just Not Your Day! (190 Views)

Verydarkman Storms Disability Home, Tests Prophet Jeremiah’s Miracle Water / Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Mere Noise From Hell, It's Just Like Fever / Virgin Mary Miracle Of The Sun In Lagos On 28th Oct. 2017 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's Not Miracle, It's Just Not Your Day! by McCoy662(m): 5:58am On Nov 10, 2019
For sometime now I have been wondering why we get so excited over other people's misfortune. Is it really a good thing to be happy when others perish but you survived?

I have heard a countless testimonies about how people survive an accident that claim all other passengers' life. They came to church so happy just to thank God that just a life out of 20 or more was saved. But the reality is, if we really love our neighbors as ourselves, then, we wouldn't be so happy. Imagine if your immediate family member also lost his or her life, will you still be so happy that only you survived it?
So how much a good thing is it that:
✓Others are in the hospital and many in the mortuary but u are Hale and hearty?
✓ that every other person lost his or her life but only you survived?
✓ that others were burgled but u weren't?
✓ that others are poor and wretched but u are not
✓ that others are not married but u are
✓ that others have no home but u do
✓ that others are ravaged by sickness and plague but you are not
✓ that others are suffering in their countries but you are not.

For me, I really think self centeredness is the reason why we rejoice over people's misfortune because a problem of one should be a problem of all. Moreover, it's not like you have been given a certificate that you are forever free from whatever incident you escape today. It's just a fluke, don't let it get into your head. You are just lucky to survive the one u did, it's not any magic or miracle.

Let love lead
Re: It's Not Miracle, It's Just Not Your Day! by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 10, 2019
Easy Man.....if u have some kinda beef against religious folks that’s fine...u can have as many beefs as u want...
but for u to say people are happy and excited that others died or some other misfortune is just plain wrong..

1 Like

Re: It's Not Miracle, It's Just Not Your Day! by Kenneygirl(f): 7:19am On Nov 10, 2019
True tables turn so quickly

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Islamforyou / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/11/19 / Establish Shari‘ah Courts In South-West - Muslims Tell Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.