Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,430 members, 7,923,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 11:06 AM

How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants (892 Views)

Nigerian Army To Increase Personnel Strength To 200,000 / Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only / Rivers State: Wike's #200 million Bribe Led To Firing Election Tribunal Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants by mrinfo(m): 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2010
About 60,000 applicants turned up for the National Drug and Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) aptitude test in Lagos which held in the main bowl of the National Stadium on Saturday and Sunday.

The test was also held simultaneously in all states of the federation and Abuja. 60,000 applicants in Lagos amounts to 90 million. And a safe assumption is that at least another 60,000 wrote the test in the rest of the states in Nigeria and Abuja.
Thus the whole exercise grossed not less than 180,000,000 naira for NDLEA.

This is sickening. For a government agency with all its allocations that should cover for logistics such as this to extort from poor job seeking Nigerians is sickening. If it were elsewhere NDLEA would have been submerged in law suits till they return the monies to these young people with apologies.

Imagine if every private and public sector firm starts to follow in their footsteps. The labour market will become one huge extortion market.

And some disoriented people are busy giving reasons to justify the insensitivity of NDLEA heads in this issue.
Re: How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Nov 16, 2010
How much was the actual fee paid by individuals for the exam?
Re: How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants by mrinfo(m): 5:37pm On Nov 16, 2010
1,500 each
Re: How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants by 13volts(m): 5:42pm On Nov 16, 2010
i paid 1500 also.
Re: How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants by nethacker(m): 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2010
Oh Lawd!!!! shocked shocked
hw can u pay 2 write an aptitude test for job? cry cry
Re: How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants by rhymz(m): 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2010
My twin brother wrote that stupid exam in Lagos and concluded the whole exercise was designed to make money off the participants. That of portharcourt was fill'd up to the bream. . .I just hope other agencies do not follow their examples and develope their own Ponzi schemes too. . .
Re: How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants by mrinfo(m): 4:00pm On Nov 17, 2010
I am mobilising to sue those rogues. W can't keep complaining here in this country
Re: How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants by clickgold(m): 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2010
I keep saying it over and over again. Our government and its operational agencies are completely out of touch with reality. Just imagine this.

The rest are following suit. Police, the armed force, NPA etc. you need to cough out money to work with them. I say no to this daylight robbery.

If you need a job you must get creative or else. There is a way you can do this and not follow the crowd. Imagine over 100,000 applicants. How many do you think they are actually taking.

a word is enough for the wise, save your money.
Re: How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants by violent(m): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2010
FRAUD!!!!

someone should sue their árses and make them refund all candidates who paid to attend the test
Re: How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants by Ymodulus: 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2010
mrinfo:

I am mobilising to sue those rogues. W can't keep complaining here in this country
Idiot before you start mobilising to sue the team, go and dream of how many yes left for your children thats if you have any would be a man. YOU TALKING as if you dont Know that body is Headed by an Igbo Man. Only igbos eat civilians money such way.
Re: How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants by MaiSuya(m): 9:45pm On Nov 17, 2010
Just how many spots are these 120,000+ candidates jostling for?
Re: How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants by TewMuch: 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2010
I am still trying to believe this story and wrap my head around the fact that citizens PAID, to do a test for a job.A government job? Refunds are in order and the boss of the NDLEA should be fired!This is a terrible SHAME.It should not be overlooked.
Re: How Ndlea Made Close To 200 Million Naira From Poor Applicants by youngmonie: 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2010
TewMuch:

I am still trying to believe this story and wrap my head around the fact that citizens PAID, to do a test for a job.A government job? Refunds are in order and the boss of the NDLEA should be fired!This is a terrible SHAME.It should not be overlooked.
grin grin grin grin grin grin dis is 9ja mehn, nothing like refund, its paid nd paid forever

(1) (Reply)

Ki Ni To Ye Ki Yoruba Se Ni Yi / The Truth About The Inec Ddc Machines / Should Politics Be A Do Or Die Affair In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.