Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,502 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:31 PM

Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? (8599 Views)

“AIG Mbu’s Critics Rabble Rousers” / Okupe: The Return Of A Rabble Rouser / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by ishit4body(f): 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2010
that one person or even one thousand people dont like someone, doesnt mean there are not over 1 million people who still admire that person and still feels she is doing right. Dont force your opinion on others, we all have eyes and our own minds to make up our minds about who is doing right or wrong.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by igbobuigbo: 12:25am On Nov 17, 2010
ishit4body:

that one person or even one thousand people dont like someone, doesnt mean there are not over 1 million people who still admire that person and still feels she is doing right. Dont force your opinion on others, we all have eyes and our own minds to make up our minds about who is doing right or wrong.

And you too, do not force your opinion on others. Yes men/women like you who would not advise when it matters are the danger that we have. Now you are talking about one not liking Dora as though you do not read my user name and know that Dora is my sister and I have said here that I adore her more than you can ever imagine. Should I then allow those sentiments to becloud my judgement that she is in the wrong place?
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Muza(m): 12:38am On Nov 17, 2010
from Grace to refuse dump,
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 17, 2010
@ Omo Ibo

I'm glad you are beggining to see something wrong with the utterances of our dear Minister! You used to be blind to her faults. Keep that open mind for a while longer and I'm sure you'll answer your own questions! cool cool
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2010
So nobody has bothered to respond to my initial comment. I take it as personal dislike towards this woman hence the unguarded attacks.

Madam Ujujoan, If there's anyone who's an open mind all along especially when it concerns Dora that person is myself. You guys have absolutely nothing on this woman but unwarranted dislike, and for whatever reason is beyond me.

Again, I'd like someone to outline exactly what Dora has done or said wrong since she assumed the office of the information minister. Admittedly, the recent comment as per the use of 'naija' is unfortunate. Whoever advised her should be stuffed with toilet paper.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 17, 2010
^^^ If by 'personal dislike' you mean an aversion to hyopicrisy in leadership (a case of 'pot calling kettle black'), a distaste for political misdirection (rebranding! Really?) and a strong advocate for efficent Ministerial duties (we are not paying her millions to eradicate 'Naija' from our language). . . then yes, I do have a 'personal dislike' for her!

If after all she has done you still think her only fault is this Naija saga and NLders only hate her because of a 'personal dislike' . . . then I'm afraid you are not open minded at all.

And there you go blaming it on her 'advisers' . the same people who came up with the fraudulent 'rebranding' idea abi? Lol.

Okay tell me she's your mum and I swear I'll NEVER say anything bad about her again! grin grin
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 17, 2010
'If after all she has done you still think her only fault is this Naija saga and NLders only hate her because of a 'personal dislike'  . .  .  then I'm afraid you are not open minded at all.'
Let's cut the chitchat missy.

I am interested in the above. Can you explain what exactly Dora has done wrong??
Surely, It shouldn't be that hard.
You might want to think this one through. So take your time.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Nov 17, 2010
ROFLMAO!!!! Nigerians ehn!!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by igbobuigbo: 6:19pm On Nov 17, 2010
When it gets to the point that Dora is being accused of snitching on her colleagues to achieve personal recognition and SAINTHOOD, rebranding Nigeria in name but not in substance (AKA white-washing), accused of cooking for Turai Yaradua (even if a joke) and now being disrespectfully asked to be a cook to Patience Jonathan. These, in addition to her recent fight with Soludo and with her former deputy minister, then something has to be said about her. The point, is why is she all over the place?
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 17, 2010
@ Omo Ibo

Whatever man! I'm sure by now you know what I think about her. You chose to qualify it as a 'personal dislike' and I dont intend to argue with you.

When you are feelling a lil bit more objective, you can look up her 'accomplishments' as an info minister again!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 17, 2010
Typing with a phone is a bummer!
Can't say exactly what I want.

igbobuigbo, if by snitching you are referring to calling for the where about of the now late president Yar Adua

If by threatening Sony with an outright ban of their products and services  in Nigeria should they not withdraw the demeaning commercial with a proper apology (which had to written twice)

You still think she is doing something wrong then I simply do not know. Honestly. By the the above are just 2 out of the many things she did to clean up the image of Nigeria.

With regards to her beef with Soludo, c'mon man, you should know that was a family issue which was dealt with. I'm sure you haven't heard of anymore more from them since then.

Well' there'd be no need responding to suggestions of her cooking up stuff for turai or patience, as they are just sly dig on her person.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Nov 17, 2010
OMO IBO:

Typing with a phone is a bummer!
Can't say exactly what I want.

igbobuigbo, if by snitching you are referring to calling for the where about of the now late president Yar Adua

She never actually called out for the whereabouts of the president. She was privy to what was going on and simply called for Nigerians to honor him and not rush to removing him from office because he was sick.

I think this is a very good time for you, and every other blind follower of hers out there to go back and READ WHAT SHE ACTUALLY did say in her infamous memo.  grin
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by fstranger: 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

She never actually called out for the whereabouts of the president. She was privy to what was going on and simply called for Nigerians to honor him and not rush to removing him from office because he was sick.

[s]I think this is a very good time for you, and every other blind follower of hers out there to go back and READ WHAT SHE ACTUALLY did say in her infamous memo[/s]. grin

Yeah, right. Ode! Thinking everyone is as jobless as she is.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2010
ishit4body:

hhmm . . .  I am going to guess there  are over 1 million people who admire the likes of Abacha, and even more IBB. I am just not exactly sure what point you are trying to make with your claim that there are probably still over 1 million people who still admire this woman. Does that somehow make all the incompetent acts of hers disappear into thin air or something?

Also, if airing an opinion implies one is forcing one's opinion on others, aren't you guilty of exactly the same?
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by fstranger: 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

hhmm . . . I am going to guess there are over 1 million people who admire the likes of Abacha, and even more IBB. I am just not exactly sure what point you are trying to make with your claim that there are probably still over 1 million people who still admire this woman.

[s]Also, if airing an opinion implies one is forcing one's opinion on others, aren't you guilty of exactly the same[/s]?

Hey leave my wife alone. She is not guilty of anything. She has not rammed her views down your filthy throat; all she does is stand by her views, irrespective of whose ox is gored. Ode!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Nov 17, 2010
igbobuigbo:

If I were him, I would not let my once fantastic wife be so discredited. I know Dora is not the president who makes the decisions but now she is the one taking the heat for every of the federal govt's ineptitude since she has to be the one to announce it to a thoroughly exasperated populace.

Again, I care little about her personal life -- that is not my business and I don't think it is any of ours either.

She does not have to be the president to get it into her head that she was hired to do a job on behalf of the Nigerian people and she needs to DO HER FREAKING JOB. She has a job and she is yet to do any of it. If you go to the ministry's website, her duties to the Nigerian people are outlined. Problem is, almost two years later, not a single thing accomplished on that list, unless someone is going to come in to inform us that her duties are no more to the Nigerian people but simply to continue playing the games she has been with our money and our time.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2010
ROFl
KJ, you and I have had a long back n forth about this same issue in the past and we got nowhere. Like I said before and I'll keep saying, explain to me what Dora did wrong.

Until then, engaging you will be a total waste of time. YOU ARE DISMISSED!!!
LMAO
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Nov 17, 2010
And I like every time before now, Go EDUCATE yourself on the DUTIES of a Minister of Communication to understand why people continue to say she is not doing her job.

In the meantime, going around MAKING UP STORIES is not going to be excused by moi! I understand your aversion to seeking knowledge that could save you from ignorance. . . but You LIED about her there and I took it on myself to correct that LIE there.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by igbobuigbo: 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Again, I care little about her personal life -- that is not my business and I don't think it is any of ours either.

She does not have to be the president to get it into her head that she was hired to do a job on behalf of the Nigerian people and she needs to DO HER FREAKING JOB. She has a job and she is yet to do any of it. If you go to the ministry's website, her duties to the Nigerian people are outlined. Problem is, almost two years later, not a single thing accomplished on that list, unless someone is going to come in to inform us that her duties are no more to the Nigerian people but simply to continue playing the games she has been with our money and our time.

Her personal life is INTRICATELY woven into her official life. If she has family issues then her job suffers. That was the case with Yaradua when he was ill. IMO, the best option for Dora is to just go and do what she knows how best to do. For now, she is a right peg in a square hole.

Kobojunkie, this might interest you https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-552607.0.html
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Her personal life is woven into her private life. If she has family issues then her job suffers. That was the case with Yaradua when he was ill. IMO, the best option for Dora is to just go and do what she knows how best to do. For now, she is a right peg in a square hole.
I disagree. There are so many people out there whose works do not suffer because of their personal lives. Please let us leave her personal life to her and focus on that which really concerns us.
By the way, Yaradua never had a personal issue that forced us to suffer. The man was ill, and could have easily given over to his deputy until he was able to get back to work. Better yet, he could have stepped down as president for that reason. Even in the west, many people do just that. However, He REFUSED to do any of that and that was the main reason we got mangled in his personal life when we did not really have to.

The ‘square-peg in round hole’ Excuse for Dora has now worn-out. It’s been over two years, we have seen what she is made of and it is all too clear to anyone who has been following her career now that this woman does not aspire to be any different from those before her. No more excuses please – it is time we tackle reality.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by igbobuigbo: 7:23pm On Nov 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I disagree. There are so many people out there whose works do not suffer because of their personal lives. Please let us leave her personal life to her and focus on that which really concerns us.
By the way, Yaradua never had a personal issue that forced us to suffer. The man was ill, and could have easily given over to his deputy until he was able to get back to work. Better yet, he could have stepped down as president for that reason. Even in the west, many people do just that. However, He REFUSED to do any of that and that was the main reason we got mangled in his personal life when we did not really have to.

The ‘square-peg in round hole’ Excuse for Dora has now worn-out. It’s been over two years, we have seen what she is made of and it is all too clear to anyone who has been following her career now that this woman does not aspire to be any different from those before her. No more excuses please – it is time we tackle reality.

I said she should go now. What do you say to that? I meant to say ''Her personal life is INTRICATELY woven into her official life'', not ''Her personal life is INTRICATELY woven into her private life''. But you got my drift. Thanks.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2010
The woman simply represents everything wrong with Nigeria. A great illustration of how power (and the desperate need to remain in it) can destroy a person and blind him/her to her weakness!

From a dedicated medical personnel, sworn to fighting crime in the drug industry to a glorified journalist who's so inept in her duties that she considers ONE apology her biggest achievement!

And then she goes on a wild goose chase with her 'rebranding' idea. I mean what's she trying to say? Nigeria's a 'good' country with a bad name? Someone tell her to wake up from her slumber. Nigeria is a BAD country and 'rebranding' it is not going to change that!

It was her 'larger than life' attitude that landed her into a family melodrama that was riddled with lies and desperate attempts to cover up her shameful mistakes.

As for her 'memo' to the Exco, that's just a typical Dora. I mean a lot of people bought the 'saint' act but I didn't. I know a cameleon when I see one! Besides her 'revelation' wasn't exactly 'revealing'. The average Nigerian already knew what they were up to by then!

Now she fills her days trampling around the country with GEJ, shamelessly basking in the glory of her betrayal and risking the image of the country she's supposed to be 'rebranding'!

She reminds me sooo much of Prof Okunna, the one time Comm. for Info in Anambra . . . I guess there's just something about Anambra women politicians!
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by NubianQ(f): 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2010
Dora Akunyili is a smart woman but sometimes she talks like she loses the plot. there is nothing wrong with referring to Nigeria as Naija,  Instead of dealing with words people use, she should consider making changes to improve people's lives. whats in a name? sometimes i think someone stole the real dora and replaced her with someone that looks just like her. SHE NEEDS TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by ishit4body(f): 7:33am On Nov 18, 2010
they cant even say what wrong the woman has done yet they want us to listen to what they have to say. Rable Rousers.

I hate people who talk as if they know better than every one else. If they put you as a common cancellor, what inpact will you make, talk less of a Minister? It is very easy to tal, why, because it costs nothing, it is the cheapest thing to do, talk, argue, criticise and at the end of the day, if you happen to be in that position, you will ruin everything good there. Shame.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 18, 2010
^^^^^ You talk like a child! undecided
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Kobojunkie: 8:24am On Nov 18, 2010
ishit4body:

they cant even say what wrong the woman has done yet they want us to listen to what they have to say. Rable Rousers.

I hate people who talk as if they know better than every one else. If they put you as a common cancellor, what inpact will you make, talk less of a Minister? It is very easy to tal, why, because it costs nothing, it is the cheapest thing to do, talk, argue, criticise and at the end of the day, if you happen to be in that position, you will ruin everything good there. Shame.

Please learn to exercise those brain cells of yours. You are told over and over how can discover what she is not doing right and you still expect to be SPOON FED by your boy-boy you have here on nairaland with even that? Again, exercise those brain cells a bit more.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 18, 2010
rotflmao cheesy cheesy
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by ishit4body(f): 9:45am On Nov 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Please learn to exercise those brain cells of yours. You are told over and over how can discover what she is not doing right and you still expect to be SPOON FED by your boy-boy you have here on nairaland with even that? Again, exercise those brain cells a bit more.

Dont please me beaf eater.

Do you think everyone has time for Nairaland resident fighter like you. You are a consignment meant for the dust bin, and the only way to confirm it is by staying on Nairaland and fighting everyone, .

If you reply, then your are a slowpoke and an imbeci, le, a trump and a egonistic robot. Shmuck.

How can you say someone is bad when you dont even have a CV anywhere near what she has?
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by ishit4body(f): 9:53am On Nov 18, 2010
Ujujoan:

^^^^^ You talk like a child!   undecided

LOL. and you with all your sickness infected body talks like a goat, a goat will be a worse choice since they dont talk when un necessary.
LOL.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 18, 2010
ishit4body:

LOL. and you with all your sickness infected body talks like a goat, a goat will be a worse choice since they dont talk when un necessary.
LOL.

Okay, you are definitely a child! ROTFLMAO grin grin
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by ishit4body(f): 10:27am On Nov 18, 2010
between a child and a goat, which one is better?

Lol. Crappy old beaf eater.
Re: Dora Akunyili: From A Great Scientist/Administrator To A Great Rabble Rouser? by Blazay(m): 10:33am On Nov 18, 2010
A great scientist ke? grin
Did she computer 4000 computers like Phillip Emeagwali? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Are Creating More States - Ekweremadu (Senate VP) / Can Buhari Change This Too? I Was Shocked By What I Saw! (viewers Discretion) / Thugs Batter Photo Journalists In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.