Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,663 members, 7,930,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 02:10 PM

Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience (13329 Views)

Discover What Makes Seychelles Island An Amazing Place To Visit / Seychelles Is Not What You Think It Is! (cost Of Living) / Travel To Seychelles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by samuel19222(m): 7:21am On Nov 12, 2019
Lovely

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 8:41am On Nov 12, 2019
Went to the beach this morning

5 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 8:41am On Nov 12, 2019
Eden island

4 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 8:42am On Nov 12, 2019
Eden island here

5 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 7:26pm On Nov 12, 2019
We carry drone come

10 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2019
Eden island beach

5 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
We cooked today as per say food is crazily expensive.

5 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
Still on the island

5 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2019
That's me in the water grin

5 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 7:47pm On Nov 12, 2019
Island

6 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2019
This one na enjoyment ooo

Cc: tissuepaper

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by iyapont: 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2019
@op what's d total cost including the air ticket, hotel,and so on

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by TissuePaper: 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2019
Boringdraw1:
This one na enjoyment ooo

Cc: tissuepaper
thanks

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2019
iyapont:
@op what's d total cost including the air ticket, hotel,and so on

Air ticket is About 250-400k but the rest depends on your taste
Flight ticket is cheaper than the cost of the total duration

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by iyapont: 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2019
kakakii:

Air ticket is About 250-400k but the rest depends on your taste Flight ticket is cheaper than the cost of the total duration
thanks
Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
on the island ( Eden island ) you will have to do biometric where they will collect your fingerprints, this will enable you to have access to

Car, Pool, Gym and Gate. you also need to submit your driver's license in other to drive, I submitted my Nigeria license. without access to car it's very difficult to shuttle the island especially when shopping, so it helps a lot.

things are very expensive here and when someone told me I thought they were exaggerating you can't possibly be spending almost 100$ on food in one sitting, we wise sharp sharp. bought food in the supermarket that will last us for few days for about 100$ and we are good.
there is map everywhere in case you got lost, each estate has personal beach so the whole beach is not crowded.

their local food is French-ish and it's very very fantastic with right amount of salt and pepper, this is the first time in a long time I will eat foreign foods and enjoy it, if not for the expensive food I don't mind eating out, Ethiopia local food is also sweet.

ALSO

concerning the immigration issue one locals said one of the reason why we had issues was because we didn't do any tour package, had it been we did tour package we would have had less issue .. or you are going as a couple for honeymoon or so.. not that I will come back but if you are planning to come, it's better to do tour package or come as couple … that's the type of crowd they are expecting

10 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 9:34pm On Nov 12, 2019
Seychelles people

the people are nice and friendly, the host told us the Seychelles were colonised twice by the British at first and by the French at last ( see grammar ! )
so because they were colonised by french they speak french-ish french but not clear enough.

Seychelles also allegedly had hands in Rwanda Genocide as they supplied arms to Rwandan. etc etc

the currency is Seychelles Rupees and that's about 1 rupee = 26.1 Naira

5 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 11:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
Random pic

7 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 11:33pm On Nov 12, 2019
Pixc

5 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by andrewbaba44: 11:51pm On Nov 12, 2019
kakakii:
we just left Seychelles immigration now.

as soon as they saw our Nigeria passport another nightmare begins, they started interrogating us. they asked how much we brought with us, we told them. their policy is that you must have 150$ per day for your duration of staying so we had exactly the amount.

they asked for our Airbnb reservation which we showed them, we also showed our return ticket and everything checks out, then the officer called her fellow officers on us and we were delayed for about an hour first.

they called our host and asked if we have fully paid, she told them we paid and they have received the money already

after delaying us for one hour they called me to one room, asked me to empty my pocket and requested for my ATM cards which I showed them, the second officer who is a woman collected my phone and went through all my WhatsApp conversation, went through my personal chats, at this stage I was very very angry but I kept my cool.

then another officer came led me to an ATM machine and asked me to withdraw 1000 Seychelles rupee twice which I did, they did same for my friend

the officer saw A FIFA 20 purchased on my telegram and she got triggered, showed it to her oga and that one said make she free me.

after few hours they collected our passport and told told us to come back for it when we are about to leave.

I was angry and I wanted to tell them to send us back because the humiliation is not worth it, my friend said it's dangerous to say that which I reason with him.. and again their country their rules...

An officer will collect my phone and go through my chat?

Na you allow that nonsense happen, maybe its your first time of travelling you think its right, you think say na naija sars dem be abi

If i no change am for the officer make i no wetin cause am, you kept it cool because you are scared to be deported

I can bet if it you had would and refused to drop your phone they would have apologized to you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by andrewbaba44: 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2019
kakakii:
after few hours our host came to pick us that's when she started explanation about wetin blacks don use their eyes see for Seychelles, south africans mostly according to her.

on our way too we saw a Nigerian guy coming to Seychelles for the second time said he is not coming back again. after thinking about all that and what I have seen, I have to calm small.

I mean there is no way to know if we mean well, no be say them dey write am for head ….

AGAIN ALL THE BLACK PEOPLE ON THAT PLANE WERE SEARCHED

that's the source of my anger, I mean why would fellow African country be doing that, then I entered Seychelles and there is nothing in this country that speaks Africa ..nothing at all... they are not African country at all

You see she complained about south africans but my brothers here are quick to suggest its nigerians, we are our own enemy

She might meant people from the southern part of africa, maybe not south africans

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by KLEINBASS: 8:37am On Nov 13, 2019
Nigerians should stop playing victim, we dnt trust you guys all over. The few bad apples have ruined the image of Nigeria. Your Lawless

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 8:45am On Nov 13, 2019
andrewbaba44:

You see she complained about south africans but my brothers here are quick to suggest its nigerians, we are our own enemy

She might meant people from the southern part of africa, maybe not south africans

She meant people from the southern part of Africa definitely she came to our apartment last night and we talked at length I even recorded our conversations I would have posted it and YouTube and share here.

2 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 8:58am On Nov 13, 2019
andrewbaba44:

An officer will collect my phone and go through my chat?

Na you allow that nonsense happen, maybe its your first time of travelling you think its right, you think say na naija sars dem be abi

If i no change am for the officer make i no wetin cause am, you kept it cool because you are scared to be deported

I can bet if it you had would and refused to drop your phone they would have apologized to you

Lol the immigration rules is they are allowed to search your phones if they see you as threat. Even USA normally search peoples phone though some individuals are currently in court with USA government over phone searching at the airport.

But that's how it is everywhere, even though we are not threat but they view us as one, there is nothing to do than to abide...

This is not your country where you can fight for any right...

Secondly even in Nigeria police usually stop me and search me and I love the joy I derive from them not finding anything and the disappointment that comes off their face. Police have stopped me severally this year and I'm always happy to give my phone or anything once they request for it. Don't ever argue with police with gun, get his details and destroy him, be civil about whatever it is you are doing don't be stubborn. It has killed many it's not about cowardness, it's about not being stupid.

Someone who stopped you for no reason has mental issue already and if he kills you then it's over.

There is even a time police came to my crib someone from the neighbourhood altered them ( long story ) ..they came and I quickly call my lawyer and he told me to allow them and be very very friendly because they can go as far as planting something in your home or your phone and no way to deny. And I did as told. I was released after 3 hours...

Same thing with this Seychelles immigration since we are not into anything shady or illegal it's pointless forming activist in another man's country.

So I don't know what the officers have heard about Nigerians or what they have caught Nigerians doing but I want her and her colleagues to go home and tell their children

" my children we thoroughly search two Nigerians today and we couldn't find anything incriminating at all "

I have vowed to always be good ambassador abroad.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 9:01am On Nov 13, 2019
and in all countries we have been to we always find ways to educate the locals about Nigeria, same thing we did for our host last night.

Same thing and east Africa and Dubai

The Dubai guy even thought Boko Haram has taken over Nigeria totally

14 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by andrewbaba44: 9:37am On Nov 13, 2019
kakakii:

She meant people from the southern part of Africa definitely she came to our apartment last night and we talked at length I even recorded our conversations I would have posted it and YouTube and share here.

I thought as much because I know South Africans doesn’t leave their country

Check my second line and see what I said

1 Like

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 9:40am On Nov 13, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Yes black South African doesn't leave the country that much

But whites South African travel a lot

5 Likes

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 13, 2019
andrewbaba44:

You wrong, South Africans go on vacation/VISIT to many other countries Mostly to European and Asian/pacific countries. It is only recently they started traveling to African countries

But how ever south africans don't MIGRATE like many other african countries
Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by kakakii: 10:48am On Nov 13, 2019
Lunch

Basmati Rice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by themaestro08(m): 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2019
Well, imagine the stress average guys passed
through just to tour an average shit hole like Seychelles. That's African countries for you, lagging way behind when it comes to civilization.

I bet you won't encounter a quarter of these nonsense if it was a decent European country like Monaco or the Spanish island of Ibiza.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by christejames(m): 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2019
Educative...

Keep it rolling.

But I would like to know more about the country, the capital, how boisterous they citizens are, the amount of 'negros' that make up the country.

thanks in anticipation.
Re: Tour To Seychelles --- My Experience by andrewbaba44: 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2019
Austine1212:

You wrong, South Africans go on vacation/VISIT to many other countries Mostly to European and Asian/pacific countries. It is only recently they started traveling to African countries

But how ever south africans don't MIGRATE like many other african countries
South Africa doesn’t leave there country doesn’t mean some won’t travel for vacation

I stand on my words

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Military Announces 7 Abuja Roads To Be Closed During 2019 Armed Forces Remembran / Indonesia Gives Nigeria Free Visa. / Weather Forecast Across Nigeria Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.