Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,144 members, 7,880,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:45 PM

I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. (32529 Views)

Nigerian Couple Seeking Divorce Storm Court In Matching Outfit(pic) / Nigerian Identical Twin Grandmas Slay In Matching Outfits (Photos) / Justin McClure & Wife, Ami Dunni McClure & Their 3 Kids Slay In Matching Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by shantelleasante(f): 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2019
Praise and worship grin
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by crackhaus: 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2019
dazzlingd:

Is he an Israelite?
I have a feeling you have an English name with a British or American origin, yet you're none of those nationalities.
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Ytea(f): 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
themonk:

Just wanted to pick your brain, thought you knew alot about it. Have a nice day.
No I don't, just a few reading on it here and there. Have a good day too.
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by RulerIAm(m): 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2019
Ratty and Rita
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by crackhaus: 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
Thescienceprof:

No please. Zarah, spelt also as Zerah is not the same as Sarah. Read the bible portions i mentioned in my original comment and be guided.
Are you just reading bible portions instead of investigating the meaning and origin of a name? cheesy

If you're judging a name using the circumstances of the person who first had it, then no one should be calling themselves Solomon, David, Jacob, Abner, Reuben, Dan, Gideon, Miriam, Aaron, Naomi, Tamar, etc..

I could keep going with the names because apart from Jesus, you're probably not going to find any name without some bad story attached to it at a point in the life of the original holder.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by TAMARAY: 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
mark and mark Angel
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by ZlatanIbile: 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
Davido and Wizkid
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Princeton92(m): 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2019
Patrick (boy) and Patricia (girl)
Congrats for your new born babies, I hope to be a father like you someday!

talk2oxii:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please help me find simple but deep(meaningful) matching names for my boy and girl twin.

1 Like

Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Caseywilliams(m): 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2019
overdrive:
Paul an
d Paula.
Paul pogba will be nice
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by crackhaus: 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2019
midnighter:

Zarah is just "Sarah" in Hebrew

"This name derives from the Hebrew “Saráy / Śārā > Sarah”, meaning “woman of high rank, Princess, essence, speckled”. The name refers to the wife of Abraham and the mother of Isaac as described in the Hebrew Bible, the Christian Old Testament, and the Islamic Quran."

I know youre just responding to what that guy wrote but there are millions of women called Zarah and it has nothing to do with stealing or whatever

He's even saying the wrong thing because he provided 2 boys names instead of a boy and a girl
Aren't you contradicting yourself? cheesy

A good number of derivative Hebrew names are unisex.
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by iamcyberzues: 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2019
Raphael and Racheal

Raphael and Raphaela
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by lonelydora: 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2019
kenzo25:
Alexander and Alexandria
Christian and Christiana
Daniel and Daniella

Melvin and Melvina
Jason and Janelle

1 Like

Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by chrisooblog: 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2019
principalities and powers
shantelleasante:
Praise and worship grin
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by salt1: 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2019
isthatso:

the problem with your line of thought is he asked for my opinion! he came on nairaland and asked and I gave him my opinion. If he had stayed and thought of a name himself and in the privacy of his thoughts and inner circle decided to give his child a slave name then it is not my business, but you cannot take your matters out in public and then say it is not my place to comment.

If you dont like public opinion then keep your private matters private and dont ask for public opinion.

Personally, I dont know what kind of person asks strangers for names for his child. Your childs name should be something that has deep meaning within you not strangers.

Actually he didn't ask for your OPINION. He asked for names. Other people gave him NAMES and we've been enjoying their humorous suggestions when you came with your OPINION.

We the strangers are enjoying the thread. I don't know him but I feel connected with this great joy that has happened to his family. That's why we are a community
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by selch(m): 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2019
Use my name Andre and Andrea for the girl
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by midnighter(f): 1:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
crackhaus:

Aren't you contradicting yourself? cheesy

A good number of derivative Hebrew names are unisex.

No, I'm not. You provided that name in the context of those two brothers, which that guy objected to and when OP said he needed a boy and a girl.

You even objected to shallow meanings, which means you knew which type you were referring to

I just saw the guy saying "never name your child Zarah" which sounded funny to me when there are plenty of women called Zarah
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Angeltjazz2017(m): 1:57pm On Nov 13, 2019
witch and wizard
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by mechanics(m): 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2019
overdrive:
Paul and Paula.
hahahah, no name like Paula.
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by mechanics(m): 1:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
You should also factor your tribe into their names, most of the names am seeing are English names.
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by rolams(m): 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
What happen to your tribe names?
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by ibkayee(f): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2019
Mood11:
Ogini This

Ogini That
grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by bukobs(f): 2:07pm On Nov 13, 2019
Gabriel and Grace.
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Ptolemy22: 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2019
Francis and Frances
Both are pronounced the same but Francis is male and Frances is female.
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2019
salt1:

Actually he didn't ask for your OPINION. He asked for names. Other people gave him NAMES and we've been enjoying their humorous suggestions when you came with your OPINION.

We the strangers are enjoying the thread. I don't know him but I feel connected with this great joy that has happened to his family. That's why we are a community

I gave him appropriate names,,,Dumb and Dumber. So right back at you, he asked you for names, did he ask you to take panadol for his headache...did he tell you he has headache? Stop crying more than the bereaved

community? get a life and make real friends!!
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by bash12: 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2019
Tom and Tommy
grin grin
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Ptolemy22: 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2019
mechanics:
hahahah, no name like Paula.

Never heard of Paula White.

1 Like

Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Udstar(m): 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2019
Anyi3:
Tweedledum and Tweedledee

grin

grin grin grin grin Nawa o
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by biomedics(m): 2:13pm On Nov 13, 2019
Are they from England?
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Gartol(m): 2:13pm On Nov 13, 2019
Arsen and Arsenal
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by crackhaus: 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
midnighter:

No, I'm not. You provided that name in the context of those two brothers, which that guy objected to and when OP said he needed a boy and a girl.

You even objected to shallow meanings, which means you knew which type you were referring to

I just saw the guy saying "never name your child Zarah" which sounded funny to me when there are plenty of women called Zarah
Lol, he objected to it because of meaning NOT because of gender. You brought up the issue of gender.

Everyone knows Zarah is used more as a female name today... And just because it was given to a male at that point in Israelite history does not make it owned by males exclusively.

There's a male Micah and a female Micah in the old testament as well.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Udstar(m): 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
frowland:

Tacha and Pharaoh

Lolz grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by johndoe16784: 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2019
Japhet and Jemimah

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids / I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom / Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.