Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,049 members, 7,919,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:46 AM

2007 MDX - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2007 MDX (1164 Views)

Can I Use 5w30 Instead Of 5w20 Recommended For My ACURA MDX 07 (tokubo) / Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. / Acura MDX And Premium Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007 MDX by CALPOINT: 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hello, all the GENIUSES in the house. I am looking at getting a 2007 Acura MDX Naija used. But many are saying it is prone to Transmission Failures. Pls how true is this? And are there other things I should have in mind?
Thanks GUYS. I really will appreciate.
Re: 2007 MDX by CALPOINT: 4:25pm On Nov 13, 2019
Its like the 2007 Acura MDX is a no go area. There have been 33 views but no replies. cry. Pls someone should help me ooo....

Gazzuz, Nurey, kingreign........ everyone naaa
Re: 2007 MDX by nurey(m): 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
CALPOINT:
Hello, all the GENIUSES in the house. I am looking at getting a 2007 Acura MDX Naija used. But many are saying it is prone to Transmission Failures. Pls how true is this? And are there other things I should have in mind?
Thanks GUYS. I really will appreciate.

01 to 06 MDX had transmission failures in different% of vehicles made that year with 2003 reporting as the least affected year of that series.

the next generation 07 to 13 had a total revamped transmission I don't think there was much issues here concerning transmission of the said vehicle.

but Honda transmission and power steering are car system that don't do well with wrong fluid use. If you wanna buy a Nigerian used MDX ensure you get a professional inspection, the Acura is a high end luxury vehicle, ensure you check each system very well

1 Like

Re: 2007 MDX by CALPOINT: 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2019
Thanks Nurey, you the best.
Will do well to have it diagnosed.
Re: 2007 MDX by horlermesheye(m): 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
nurey:

01 to 06 MDX had transmission failures in different% of vehicles made that year with 2003 reporting as the least affected year of that series.

the next generation 07 to 13 had a total revamped transmission I don't think there was much issues here concerning transmission of the said vehicle.

but Honda transmission and power steering are car system that don't do well with wrong fluid use. If you wanna buy a Nigerian used MDX ensure you get a professional inspection, the Acura is a high end luxury vehicle, ensure you check each system very well
bro I strongly disagree to this. .the 2001-06 model is a super sound and balanced car. I loved driving it for a year plus b4 I sold it .OP pls MDX is a gr8 choice ignore any misguidance here ..
Re: 2007 MDX by nurey(m): 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
horlermesheye:
bro I strongly disagree to this. .the 2001-06 model is a super sound and balanced car. I loved driving it for a year plus b4 I sold it .OP pls MDX is a gr8 choice ignore any misguidance here ..

people who bought the vehicle brand-new, people who bought the vehicle used before you bought yours and technician who are knowledgeable knows it too because they have worked on several unit.

Honda the parent company of Acura paid a class action settlement to users, they also extended warranty on the vehicle.

TSB for diagnosis of the issue was made available by Honda/Acura.

I don't know what you mean by misguidance. Besides, the MDX the op is talking about is 2nd generation which is different from what you are using

(1) (Reply)

5 Signs You Need To Repair The Chasis Of Your Car / My Honda Accord Not Accelerating Well. / Street Thieves Empties Man's Car Parked At Night, Engine Removed (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.