Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:10 PM

"Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin (18020 Views)

RCCG Will Produce A President - Pastor Adeboye / Redeemed Christian Church Of God Will Produce A President -pastor Adeboye / Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by brotherly: 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2010
pastor paul is a big fan of fashola, he is one of those who believe that fashola should continue his good work. Has fashola stopped being a muslim? No. Does  fashola show he promotes  any sharia/muslim agenda? No.

Pastor paul is simply saying that christians should not lie low while some jihadist sponsor and promote islamic agenda through the office of the president. Christians may still end up voting for a muslim, but christian interest MUST be protected.

I can tell you this is the thinking of christian leaders now. why is buhari moving from redemption camp to deeper life camp? we have equal stake in this country and the time  to keep quiet while another babangida, or buhari shows up is fast gone.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Donfinero(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2010
Good! but pst, will dis solve d problems we hv in d country
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by ifyegede(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2010
@Aisha2 Abeg help me tell them jor. What has one's religion-whether practising or mere professing- got to do with delivering good governance?
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Ericology(m): 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2010
naijaking1:

How do we tolerate each other?
By doing a[b] Gideon Okah[/b] on them?
By denying christians the right to practice their own religionin places like Kano and Bauchi?
By imposing islamic rules on non-muslims?
By harassing people with sharia police?
By denying christians the opportunity to build churches?

You can preach' tolerance' whenever it's convinient, but in reality islam has no room for that word

We Christians always try to be politically correct by shying away from the truth, Islam has no room for this tolerance we always preach, The Koran burning wld have cost thousands of lives worldwide  if it had gone as planned but a bible burning wldnt cost any life, thats tolerance although i dont support burning of either book, And for the Bolded, its Gideon Akaluka
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by TORDOO(m): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2010
When did this pastor become gej campaign manager?was it a muslim that lunch sharia in d north frm 1999?buhari was d president of dis country did anyone pastor inclusive hear d word sharia,likewise ibb,abacha,dis dis guy is fake,QUESTION TO HIM;hw souls did he win to christ since he became pastor?a real pastor can never made a coment dat wil divide dis nation,obj a christian has the worst humant right record among nigerian ex-leaders
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by sanmori(m): 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2010
The "man of God" pastor Paul Adefarasin should be reminded that christians can not do it alone.  No one can win the presidential election in this country using religious sentiment. I think the Pastor got this wrong.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Ericology(m): 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

And when we have christains,is there going to be any difference in our government or politics generally ? Religious leaders who ought to be preaching tolerance among nigerians are even the one creating more divide .why do people turn religion for their own selfish interests ?

Todays Christianity is a very tolerant one, no Christian nation today outlaws other religion, imposes death sentence for saying anything bad about Jesus, Bible or God, No Xtain nation practices Bible based law system.   A female xtain from pakistan is currently on death row for saying something abt ur prophet. believe me even in 99% xtian countries, no head of state or judge dare execute a fellow for saying something negative abt Jesus, Dont preach religious tolerance to e cuz we have it already, preach to ur Sharia practizing, koran clutching Boko haram and muslim brothers
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Homonide: 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2010
As a 'revered' MOG, i'm really surprised that the Pastor could utter such unguided statements.I really hope the journalist misquoted him, if not, then i sorry for naija o.
The 'sermon' is so ill-informed that one wonder if this pastor ever went to school at all,if he did, then he is the classic example of an uneducated illiterate. By the way, where did he get his figure of 100 million christains in Nigeria? angry angry angry
I'm also surprised by some comments of some religious jingoists and bigots on the issue here on NL, especially those of naijaking1. Nigerians should rise above ethnic, religious, and parochial interest in order to move this country forward.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Homonide: 1:40pm On Nov 18, 2010
Ericology:

Todays Christianity is a very tolerant one, no Christian nation today outlaws other religion, imposes death sentence for saying anything bad about Jesus, Bible or God, No Xtain nation practices Bible based law system.   A female xtain from pakistan is currently on death row for saying something abt your prophet. believe me even in 99% xtian countries, no head of state or judge dare execute a fellow for saying something negative abt Jesus, Dont preach religious tolerance to e cuz we have it already, preach to your Sharia practizing, koran clutching Boko haram and muslim brothers
There is nothing wrong in practising Sharia, as long as it isn't foisted on non-muslims. Islam preaches tloerance btw muslims and non-muslims, The freedom of religion is enshrined in the Constitution of Nigeria, as well as the freedom of association.But we all know that Sharia has been bastardised and politicised in Nigeria,so the aim has been defeated right from the onset.
As for Boko Haram, they are nothing but a bunch of 'misguided' bigots who are being used by some powerful elements for their own selfish interest.
Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) said muslims should seek knowledge, as far as CHINA. BOKO ISNT HARAM.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2010
Ericology:

Todays Christianity is a very tolerant one, no Christian nation today outlaws other religion, imposes death sentence for saying anything bad about Jesus, Bible or God, No Xtain nation practices Bible based law system.   A female xtain from pakistan is currently on death row for saying something abt your prophet. believe me even in 99% xtian countries, no head of state or judge dare execute a fellow for saying something negative abt Jesus, Dont preach religious tolerance to e cuz we have it already,  preach to your Sharia practizing, koran clutching Boko haram and muslim brothers
And you think a christain president will be the one to provide all we need as a nation ? Religion has nothing to do with good governance but the problem with nigeria is that we have mixed cultural and religious sentiments with politics which have continue to tie us down.
When yardua became pdp's candidate,there was such campaign that he was going to islamize Nigeria and up to his death,i never heard of such.obj was a christain but believe me,he never let religioon bigotry get into him and that's why the census didn't reflect ethnic and religion.we should see ourselves as nigerians irrespective of tribe and religion before we can lay claim to any development.it was not until the influence of religion was reduced in early european civilzation period that they began to achieve meaningful detachment,while we are still here in this contemporary period making a deal between religion and governance.it's so sad !
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by javalove(m): 2:32pm On Nov 18, 2010
Adefarasin is a big fool for that statement. . .!!!

I dont know why Nigerians can not learn to identify when to refer to someone based on demography/tribe and religion. . .

He should say Northerners. . .why Muslims?

Is he saying its Muslims that got us to where we are today?

Haven't christianms ruled us too?

I will not vote for anyone who I feel does not have the right agenda for development. . I don't care about his faith. . .!!! Is fashola a muslim?

The guy is a bloody fool

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by javalove(m): 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

And you think a christain president will be the one to provide all we need as a nation ? Religion has nothing to do with good governance but the problem with nigeria is that we have mixed cultural and religious sentiments with politics which have continue to tie us down.
When yardua became pdp's candidate,there was such campaign that he was going to islamize Nigeria and up to his death,i never heard of such.obj was a christain but believe me,he never let religioon bigotry get into him and that's why the census didn't reflect ethnic and religion.we should see ourselves as nigerians irrespective of tribe and religion before we can lay claim to any development.it was not until the influence of religion was reduced in early european civilzation period that they began to achieve meaningful detachment,while we are still here in this contemporary period making a deal between religion and governance.it's so sad !

God will continue to bless you and your family from now till the nth generation. . .

#Havalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by uridiwan(m): 3:12pm On Nov 18, 2010
Adefarasin,this is part of ignorant why must you bring religious part into politics cant you just get it in your fucking little brain that we are all human bein is obasanjo a muslim?
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by mbulela: 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2010
with all due respect, pastor Adefarasin is spewing c r a p.
He campaigned for Tinubu in the past from his pulpit. he did not remember that he was a muslim then?
Not only did he campaign for Tinubu, he castigated Funso William's Catholic faith from his pulpit.
Now he is castigating muslims.
Why not ask your church members to be circumspect and only vote for people who do not dine and sleep with the same barbarians that have ruined and are still ruining this country?
Why not ask your church folks to vote for only men and women who have proven accountable in the past and live within their means?
Why not ask your church folks to vote for only men sand women who can detail their plan to solve the numerous problems that bedevil this country?
Why not ask your church folks to seek candidates who meet these criteria without looking through the prism of religion and ethnicity?

I am a christian brother but men and women like Paul Adefarasin on account of such statements shame the cross of Jesus Christ and make a mockery of the church.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by realborn(m): 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ Post,

If tru,
Then i will state that a Pastor has no business making utterances from the pulpit that will heat up the polity.
Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by daroz(m): 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2010
I am with Pastor Adefarasin, no northern muslim should be allow to rule this nation till Jesus comes, they are pure religious fanatics
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Ayoobscom(m): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2010
;They will still come back calling muslims the terrorist when in the practical sense they are the worst terrorist.
How many muslims rays insults on Christians as they do to muslim. Well let keep quiet-swallow the angers and pray for them to repent and Accept Allah or go into hellfire including their gay-pastors
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by mutw(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2010
O lord have mercy. how do muslim,president, self discipline colocate. I have pastor as a neighbor who is very NICE and d one wit BAD behavior.
To be able to comprehend islam as a religion. more and more knowledge is required. There is a capital difference btween islam and being a muslim.
TOTAL SUBMISSION TO THE WILL OF GOD translates into Islam and for anybody who decides to attach evil to islam, that person has been mis-educated and needs to de- educated, re-educated to be properly educated.
All that is required is re-packaging/rebranding as  it is always proclaimed by Prof Akunyinli. Anybody can rule this country. it all depends on individual personality. Go to Saudi Arabia or Egypt. Saudi never produced any primary product but yet they are living comfortable and the funniest part is that the country is being control by Sharia Law. They have one of d best GDP and PER CAPITAL INCOME in the world. They are also prodominantly muslim.
We need knowledge and awareness in this our time to make it. True information transforms and deficit information deforms. Let build a home where religious and tribalism would not halt our progress but contribute to our developments.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Ibime(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2010
The pastor should shaaarrrrraaaaaaap!!!

Its not about religion, but about a certain section of the country who wanna remain Lord forever.

The most muslim of them all, Buhari himself was prolly the best preso we've had.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by mutw(m): 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2010
Ibime:

Its not about religion, but about a certain section of the country who wanna remain Lord forever.

The most muslim of them all, Buhari himself was prolly the best preso we've had.

Yes. support
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Kilode1: 4:23pm On Nov 18, 2010
Some folks are now saying Adefarasin was quoted out of context.

I sincerely hope that is true. He needs to release a clarifying statement because utterances like these are particularly dangerous for us in the southwest were millions of us have families split 50/50 between Muslim and Christian believers with an enviable history of togetherness -Something I believe the world needs to research and emulate. (Clue: the Irunmoles don't hate wink )

I hope Adefarasin is not buying into the political and religious bigotry of his American pentecostal friends, we need to quit voting for bad leaders period! and educate our overly religious population on the need for critical thinking.

This kind of talk, if true, will bring nothing but further chaos and suffering to my people. I expect Adefarasin to understand that.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by yabadabado: 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2010
the pastor is a man , so maybe is wrong about the first part of the statement cus there are only good people and bad people. it is when confusion is about to be introduce , that is when we talk about tribe and maybe "religion".

but the other part is a fact, that , when BUHARI got to uni ie of those days, he couldn't believe his eyes that the school had such structures built by german machines,an airport for landing of aircraft, apreliminary developed site for nuclear energy to power the school and for research activities etc. he immediately reduced the funds for the school after that period, today , NIGERIA as just finished lobbying IAEA, international atomic energy agency for consider and no school in nigeria taes courses like atomic engineering,nuclear etc , it was intentional policy to slow the south west down so that the north can catch up, since they suddenly woke up and discovered that coup can't always continue and even when you become the president, you would still need the academia
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2010
Some people are just making silly comments here, some don't even have a voters card just hidding behind one outdated desktop or tokunbo laptop even financially broke talking rubbish ,if you feel what pastor said is wrong or not true why can't you hold a press conference, stating your facts don't worry your one room rent will soon expire so make we hear word i mean better comments and contributions for our naija from successful people not from poor and broke people grin grin grin cool
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by javalove(m): 5:34pm On Nov 18, 2010
bobbyr:

Some people are just making silly comments here, some don't even have a voters card just hidding behind one outdated desktop or tokunbo laptop even financially broke talking rubbish ,if you feel what pastor said is wrong or not true why can't you hold a press conference, stating your facts don't worry your one room rent will soon expire so make we hear word i mean better comments and contributions for our naija from successful people not from poor and broke people grin grin grin cool

Primary wetin u dey abeg?

U are a very big foo.l for this statement. . .

I'm sure you are oneof those deluded idio.ts who hide behind "touch not my annoited" slogan to swallow everything ur pastors tell u hook line and sinker. . .

Its not about being muslim or christian. . .its about being able to reason. . .

I'm happy there are christians here who have made sensible and valuable comments. . .

What the guy said is senseless. . .

olori nla oshi

#javalove. . . unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by goggs(m): 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2010
the man of god goofed. So ibori, dariye, alams etc are moslems ko? He should start by askin his church members to be true to their faiths. Does he querry from where his church members get their tithes from?
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by maclatunji: 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2010
I find it funny that most Christians always think that they are smarter and better than Muslims. Yet we Muslims have managed to rule them for longer in Naija. What happened to your Christian-smartness and annointing? In the corporate world where Christians dominate, they make it a point of duty to pretend as if Muslims do not exist talkless of having rights. They will do everything not to call you by your Muslim name and perchance if a Muslim excels in this setting they try to rubbish him or her. Still, they want to be seen as victims. Some will even march into your living room in the name of preaching to ensure that you do not enjoy peace because you are a Muslim. Globally, more Muslims die in Christian hands yearly than vice-versa, so I wonder: who is oppressing who?
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by naso2(m): 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2010
Can anyone point the exact statement where the pastor said "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President"? He simply said christians will determine the next president. Even in Lagos fashola attends almost every important christian gathering because he knows how many potential voters can be won by such acts.

Ibime:

so if that part of the country that wants to lord it over others, belong to a particular religion, and use that religion to advance personal and collective course, how different is your state point from the pastor's?

Which Buhari? stubborness and strong leadership are not same. Abeg.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by naso2(m): 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2010
The poster is just being fraudulent with the title of the thread, just to attract attention. In another section he posted same thread but with a different title "pastor paul adefarasin ask christians to be more involved in politics".

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-552642.0.html
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by seyibrown(f): 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2010
Today's Nigeria that ye see, ye shall see no more!
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Fimmy(m): 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2010
I too like nigerian,all we meet is someone to tilt us and you will start hearing people's opinion.religion has nothing to do with politics,we are all governed by our rule of law.someone said people are forced to dress like muslims in Kano,they dont support bad which is even happening in Lagos.religion has nothin to do with politics.you will never hear Jonathan saying I'M A XTIAN,ALL XTIANS SHOULD VOTE FOR ME.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by msay: 7:10pm On Nov 18, 2010
We r 1nigeria,nuffin lyk religion in Nigeria, hav u guyz 4got abt our National Anthem, hmmmm, nigeria we r sinking, sinking n sinking, wake up nigerians, UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL,
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by maclatunji: 7:18pm On Nov 18, 2010
Okay now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gunshots In Port-harcourt For over Four Hours / Obasanjo Reads Fable Of The Tortoise To School Children In Ogun State (PHOTO) / Boy Dies As Halliru Jika, Lawmaker Throws Money In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.