Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,903 members, 7,872,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

Why Nigerians Take Yahoo-yahoo Personal - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerians Take Yahoo-yahoo Personal (320 Views)

Why Do We Nigerians Take Useless Risks And Blame The Devil For The Consequences / Ashlorm TheZionist: I Met My Husband Through Yahoo Yahoo / Guy Uses His Friend's Girlfriend For Yahoo Yahoo In Abraka, Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Take Yahoo-yahoo Personal by Enrymania: 8:55am On Nov 15, 2019
I saw this this morning and I've decided to share with you guys

I have a solemn confession for which I am not too proud. Many people who claim to know me think of me as someone with good morals and an immaculate sense of right and wrong; they mostly think I am infallible in my ways and impeccable in my understanding of the human mind, they fancy that I have learnt to master my emotions so much so that I am considered a super human- never seen to succumb to caprices. On this last point, these people could not be farther away from the truth. Hence my confession.

I am every inch as envious as the next man, petty, greedy and always in competition. This is why I have joined thousands- nay, millions- of Nigerians in monitoring the EFCC radar for cyber criminals and reading with relish the stories of how each one of them met their waterloo. I must admit that a part of me feels elated at their ordeal knowing that there is one less person to compete with or show off against on the “streets” of Instagram and twitter.

My liberal upbringing of forgiveness notwithstanding, I feel betrayed by these ones who took the shortcut to wealth. People who made it big without holding an honest day’s job or having to play office politics and respond to queries of tardiness. I sometimes feel that their predicament is a God-send vindication that hard work pays even though I know that they also put in their share of hard work in their scams and are as diligent as the rest of us, legit hustlers who walk with a chip on our shoulder and an exaggerated sense of self-worth because we are legit.

Reading through the divisive comments and reactions that accompany each “revelation” on the handles of our anti-graft agencies and omnipresent bloggers, I am rest assured that my feelings on this issue are not a rarity. I have observed that most people would sooner forgive a politician for looting their common wealth than forgive a nondescript yahoo boy for scamming an unknown person even if the latter asks forgiveness and the former does not. It ceases to become a question of morality or humanity in standing for what is right, as I would have been glad if it was. Rather it has become a matter of personal affront.

We sometimes reason that what right does that young boy who cannot even speak good English have to go through life partying like its 1999 when I’m trying to live within my means? Why does he change cars so often when I have been stuck on my Honda Baby boy since 2014? He has a fat savings he seems unable to waste fast enough while I’m struggling with keeping tabs on my debts.

Our growing discomfort with their lifestyle becomes one of feigned morality because of our envies and personal challenges, little wonder we have built a society that can forgive and reintegrate known terrorists guaranteeing them stipends from our commonwealth but cannot forget the ills of a fraudster who has served his time. We would sooner celebrate and trend the arrest of a fraudster than we would make a demand on our rulers who employ our brightest minds to explain, in articulate grammar, why our Nation needs to borrow for white elephant projects whilst our salaries are yet to be paid.

Fraudulent activities of any kind should be condemned by any society that seeks to advance itself. It, however, should be done without fear nor favour. It should be done regardless of political, religious and/or ethnical leanings, and should be done in fairness. A society that means well for itself and its future should be able to make a demand on all its citizenry to acquire wealth through the right means while strengthening its institutions to ensure that no one (or group) seems to be above the laws that maintain this standard.

I fear that until we as a Nation have been able to achieve the aforementioned objective, Yahoo-Yahoo and other fraudulent activities will continue to be divisive, as these actions will be criticized as per convenience. The fight against corruption will continue to be sensational and without substance.

http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/3307d9f4284d404447bab773be87dc56?client=news

Re: Why Nigerians Take Yahoo-yahoo Personal by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 15, 2019
Enrymania:
I saw this this morning and I've decided to share with you guys

I have a solemn confession for which I am not too proud. Many people who claim to know me think of me as someone with good morals and an immaculate sense of right and wrong; they mostly think I am infallible in my ways and impeccable in my understanding of the human mind, they fancy that I have learnt to master my emotions so much so that I am considered a super human- never seen to succumb to caprices. On this last point, these people could not be farther away from the truth. Hence my confession.

I am every inch as envious as the next man, petty, greedy and always in competition. This is why I have joined thousands- nay, millions- of Nigerians in monitoring the EFCC radar for cyber criminals and reading with relish the stories of how each one of them met their waterloo. I must admit that a part of me feels elated at their ordeal knowing that there is one less person to compete with or show off against on the “streets” of Instagram and twitter.

My liberal upbringing of forgiveness notwithstanding, I feel betrayed by these ones who took the shortcut to wealth. People who made it big without holding an honest day’s job or having to play office politics and respond to queries of tardiness. I sometimes feel that their predicament is a God-send vindication that hard work pays even though I know that they also put in their share of hard work in their scams and are as diligent as the rest of us, legit hustlers who walk with a chip on our shoulder and an exaggerated sense of self-worth because we are legit.

Reading through the divisive comments and reactions that accompany each “revelation” on the handles of our anti-graft agencies and omnipresent bloggers, I am rest assured that my feelings on this issue are not a rarity. I have observed that most people would sooner forgive a politician for looting their common wealth than forgive a nondescript yahoo boy for scamming an unknown person even if the latter asks forgiveness and the former does not. It ceases to become a question of morality or humanity in standing for what is right, as I would have been glad if it was. Rather it has become a matter of personal affront.

We sometimes reason that what right does that young boy who cannot even speak good English have to go through life partying like its 1999 when I’m trying to live within my means? Why does he change cars so often when I have been stuck on my Honda Baby boy since 2014? He has a fat savings he seems unable to waste fast enough while I’m struggling with keeping tabs on my debts.

Our growing discomfort with their lifestyle becomes one of feigned morality because of our envies and personal challenges, little wonder we have built a society that can forgive and reintegrate known terrorists guaranteeing them stipends from our commonwealth but cannot forget the ills of a fraudster who has served his time. We would sooner celebrate and trend the arrest of a fraudster than we would make a demand on our rulers who employ our brightest minds to explain, in articulate grammar, why our Nation needs to borrow for white elephant projects whilst our salaries are yet to be paid.

Fraudulent activities of any kind should be condemned by any society that seeks to advance itself. It, however, should be done without fear nor favour. It should be done regardless of political, religious and/or ethnical leanings, and should be done in fairness. A society that means well for itself and its future should be able to make a demand on all its citizenry to acquire wealth through the right means while strengthening its institutions to ensure that no one (or group) seems to be above the laws that maintain this standard.

I fear that until we as a Nation have been able to achieve the aforementioned objective, Yahoo-Yahoo and other fraudulent activities will continue to be divisive, as these actions will be criticized as per convenience. The fight against corruption will continue to be sensational and without substance.

http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/3307d9f4284d404447bab773be87dc56?client=news
Bros just say you wanted to Do yahoo but you had no one to teach you.. But personally am against it thooo....

Ask urself Does Jesus like this?

(1) (Reply)

Sugar Girl Is Scam / Why Do Nigerians Assume That Because You Dress Nicely Then Your Life Is Great? / Guys These Stock Senator Materials Ain't Common

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.