Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,619 members, 7,888,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:35 PM

What Is The Strenght Of Your Conviction As A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Strenght Of Your Conviction As A Christian? (218 Views)

How Did You Become A Christian; Upbringing, Conviction Or Relationship? / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Strenght Of Your Conviction As A Christian? by ikechukwu21(m): 11:56am On Nov 15, 2019
I hear how a lot of people claim to love and serve God. There's hardly a day you don't see churches opened for service. People keep trooping in; people who call themselves believers.

Who is a believer? Simply put - someone who holds an opinion or a cause in high esteem and will never give it up for ANY reason.

Now when you say I am born again or I am a beleiver or I am a follower of Christ; I want to ask - by what standard have you been able to guage or test your claims? Because there must be a way to test if gold is original or fake. For Christians one of the major ways to test the authenticity of our faith apart from love is in Romans 8:35 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?" Now don't be quick to answer. Think well before answering the question asked in that Scripture. See what Matthew 10:21-25 also reads

The season we're in is not a season to just wear fine clothes and attend services. Its not a season to just do 10 minutes devotional reading and prayer with our families every morning. Its not a season to just be active in church activities. It's not a season to claim alligeance to one denomination. It's not a season to just look for money all through. IT IS A SEASON TO BUILD CAPACITY or STAMINA.

Why capacity you may ask? Capacity in this context is the ability to withstand heavy "blows" recieved in the cause of your spiritual journey without giving up. It is the ability to train and equip yourself so that NOTHING can pull you down as you run. For it is written in Proverbs 24:10 "If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small." But I have good news - There's a way to build strenght so that when men are falling away in these end times because of hardship and perssecution, (2 Thessalonians 2:3 prefferably Amplified version) you'll still be standing strong. The solution is found in Isaiah 40: 30-31. It is continued intimacy with the Father, Son and Holyghost. This is how to build capacity. Intimacy is not easy but you must force yourself into it for it is by this we draw strenght. I tell people that nobody was born with a gift of prayer. Everyone that ever knew how to stretch in the place of prayer learnt it gradually with the Holyghost helping. A prayer warrior is someone who decided not be lazy about prayer or studying Scriptures.

A lot of people will forsake Christ in thsese last days when faced with physical death, intense starvation perssecution, frustration, poverty, etc. Benny Hinn once said that there are two types of conversions: one is birthed from human emotions while the other is birthed by the Holy Ghost. Some people became born again because they heard the message of prosperity. Others became born again because the Holy Ghost moved upon their heart. Do you notice that all the disciples of Jesus ran away when they captured Him to be crucified? You know why? Because they had not yet recieved the Holy Ghost. They only followed Jesus because they were fascinated by the amount of power He (Jesus) wielded and the miracles He performed. This is a clear example of emotional conversion. But what happened after they became baptized in the Holy Ghost? The same people stopped beiig scared of death. They became extermely bold. Why the drastic change? Their conversion was shifted from emotions to the real one because the Holy Ghost was poured upon them on the day of Pentecost after much waiting in prayers.

So I ask again what is the strenght of your conversion or belief? When faced with everything mentioned in Romans 8:35 will you still be standing or will you be long gone before the Master comes? Are you spending time travailing in the place of prayers and the word like the Apostles did or are you just a Christain who doesn't really care about the salvation they have recieved? Think!

Don't just fight. Make sure you're still standing strong on your feet after fighting. (Ephesians 6:10-18.) God bless you. I'll see you in heaven when the the names of soldiers who fought gallantlly are read out.

Further explanations will be given as questions and comments are been made. God bless you.

PS: If you're not born again I don't know what you're waiting for. You've been in sin for so long. How about you make this urgent switch to Christ Jesus now that you still have breath in you. Whatever you can't control, you harness properly. Time is a gift tomorrow is not guaranteed. It is better for you to become born again and be wrong about the existence of hell when you leave this earth than for you to live anyhow and discover that hell really did exist when you open your eyes on the other side. God loves you so much but He cannot force you to accept Him. Its a choice that you alone can make. The society should not make this important decision for you. Eternity is real.

Lalasticlala please I beg you move this to the front page so Christians can read and be encouraged. Thank you.
Re: What Is The Strenght Of Your Conviction As A Christian? by ikechukwu21(m): 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2019
Lalasticlala please do the needful. Thank you
Re: What Is The Strenght Of Your Conviction As A Christian? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:16am On Nov 17, 2019
It is written, "if you Love me, keep my commandments".

1 Like

Re: What Is The Strenght Of Your Conviction As A Christian? by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 17, 2019
Rock solid!

And this is why:

Matthew 7:24-25 (KJV)

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

The strength of a building is not known in times of convenience and comfort, but when it has been beating by the rains, floods and winds.

Thanks Op for sharing a very important lesson in Christianity.

God bless you.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Problems? / What Is Caesar's And What Is God's? / Gay Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.