Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,066 members, 7,942,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 06:25 PM

Trump Admin Tells UN There Is No Right To Abortion Everyone Has A Right To Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Trump Admin Tells UN There Is No Right To Abortion Everyone Has A Right To Life (362 Views)

Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? / Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You" / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Admin Tells UN There Is No Right To Abortion Everyone Has A Right To Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
Trump Admin Tells UN “There is No International Right to Abortion. Everyone Has a Right to Life”
INTERNATIONAL MICAIAH BILGER NOV 15, 2019 | 10:53AM WASHINGTON, DC

The Trump administration continued to stand strong for the rights of unborn babies Thursday against international pressure to support abortion on demand.

The Daily Nation reports the United States and European Union “openly clashed” over abortion politics at an international population summit organized by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Kenya and Denmark.

The Nairobi Summit on International Conference on Population and Development 2025, which took place in Kenya this week, largely is a meeting of abortion activists and pro-abortion political leaders.

On Thursday, the United States and 10 other countries rejected a summit document that supports abortion on demand, according to CNS News.

In a joint statement, Valerie Huber, appointed by President Donald Trump as a special representative for global women’s health, said they believe that every human being has a right to life.

“There is no international right to abortion,” Huber said. “In fact, international law clearly states ‘everyone has the right to life.’”

Joined by representatives from Brazil, Belarus, Egypt, Haiti, Hungary, Libya, Poland, Senegal, St. Lucia and Uganda, Huber said they are concerned about ambiguous terms in the summit document that are being used to push abortion on demand, CNS News reports.

“[A]mbiguous terms and expressions, such as sexual and reproductive health and rights … may be used to actively promote practices like abortion,” she said. “There is no international right to abortion.”

The pro-life countries also expressed concerns about the promotion of abortion through sex education. Huber said the summit’s sex education agenda “fails to adequately engage parents and … promotes abortion as a method of family planning.”

“But we do support … ‘proper regard for parental guidance and responsibilities,’ and giving young people the skills to avoid sexual risk,” she said, noting that the U.S. supports family planning programs as long as they do not promote the killing of unborn babies.

The pro-life countries criticized summit leaders for only allowing input from a small group of governments as well.

Meanwhile, the pro-abortion summit leaders promised to do more to push abortion across the world.

According to Daily Nation, a delegation from the European Union led by Evelyn Regner, said they plan to spend an additional €1 billion ($1.1 billion) to “commit towards sexual and reproductive health and rights which are absolutely important because seven women per day are dying in Kenya because of unsafe abortions and other conditions.”

Regner said abortion is a “fundamental right” that governments should support financially.

Many of the organizations at the summit also signed a “call to action” urging countries to recognize abortion, the killing of an unborn baby, as a “right.”

The call to action supports “the right of all people who can become pregnant to the information, the means, and the support to have an abortion, by the method, and at the time, place, and with the accompaniment of their choice, including through self-managed abortion,” according to CNS News.

Key speakers at the summit included pro-abortion activists with the International Planned Parenthood Federation and Marie Stopes International.

The summit is not just empty posturing. U.S. Rep. Chris Smith, of New Jersey, a leading pro-life advocate, said its agenda can affect funding for third-world countries.

Smith explained:

The UNFPA has little effect on U.S. public opinion and or policy. But in the least developed countries its unrelenting pressure to allow access to abortion has an outsize impact. Any unwillingness to conform—even when it violates local religious and cultural norms—could mean the loss or reduction of foreign aid for unrelated humanitarian initiatives especially from the U.K., the Netherlands and Nordic countries, as well as nongovernmental organizations and multilateral organizations.

The Trump administration has been pushing back aggressively against the United Nations’ pro-abortion agenda and insisting that countries support women and children, born and unborn.

In 2017, President Donald Trump stopped giving American tax dollars to UNFPA because it pushes abortions on other countries and has worked with China for decades to implement its forced abortion population control policies. Trump renewed the order again in 2018 and 2019. The decision cut $32.5 million in funding from the UNFPA budget.

Trump also defunded the International Planned Parenthood Federation and Marie Stopes International of about $170 million in American tax dollars because of their refusal to stop aborting unborn babies.

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/11/15/trump-admin-tells-un-there-is-no-international-right-to-abortion-everyone-has-a-right-to-life/

1 Share

Re: Trump Admin Tells UN There Is No Right To Abortion Everyone Has A Right To Life by cococandy(f): 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2019
Morons

1 Like

Re: Trump Admin Tells UN There Is No Right To Abortion Everyone Has A Right To Life by lukui: 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
more people more resources, even Satan needs followers!!! grin
Re: Trump Admin Tells UN There Is No Right To Abortion Everyone Has A Right To Life by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2019
cococandy:

Morons

Pro-life or pro-choice? undecided

(1) (Reply)

theButterfly / My Husband Starves Me Of Sex – Wife Says In Court / You Can Search Me But Don't Touch My Dick: Nigerian To South African Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.