Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,808 members, 7,886,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:24 AM

Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI (42546 Views)

More Factories, Businesses May Shut Down As Diesel Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre / Border Closure: Rice Smugglers Divert To Pineapples / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Kpoikpoi: 11:25am On Nov 17, 2019
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Kpoikpoi: 11:26am On Nov 17, 2019
Very good, they talk too much.
Let's teach them a little lesson.
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by adedehinbo(m): 12:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
Mexyz:
Lol.. At least your Buhari do something wey I fit commend am for.
I go come collect turkey for Christmas.
no wahala Broda just bring money
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by adedehinbo(m): 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
Mexyz:
Lol.. At least your Buhari do something wey I fit commend am for.
I go come collect turkey for Christmas.
naso Broda,just come with money,I get enough
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by maasoap(m): 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2019
GodCovenant:
if Nigerians living in Ghana pull out and sell all their property. the Ghana economy will crash.

Sure. But I don't think that their yeye trade associations knew that
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by maasoap(m): 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2019
24kmagic:
Almost all the people above me are rejoicing over this news, and I wonder why?

Na Ghana problem Una want use take console Una selves? Face your own problems abeg.

The only asset Nigeria has in the eyes of the international community is her population, which ironically is a big liability to us.

You guys are indirectly rejoicing over our own problems, cos I doubt if Ghana will be so keen on doing business with 9ja if not for our population, again, something that is a liability to us.

I don't care what happens in Ghana, I care what happens here.

The border has been closed for some few weeks now and it didn't in any way bettered the life of the common man on the street.
I'm not for or against the boarder closure, I'm just after what will benefit ordinary Nigerian.

[s] We as a country are useless, hopeless and absolutely backward. [/s]

I read it here that after borders closure and ban of some selected items, some textiles redundant workers had been recalled to resume work just because there is demand for the company's textile products.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by eeby1983(m): 1:40pm On Nov 17, 2019
Area4Area:
Funny enough, it wasn't Ghana that the closure was directed at, tell me what happens if Nigeria decides to face them squarely?
please nah, me have being reading comments since without even saying anything but this your last comment really make me want to talk, why u wan kill this small country called �� do you want to remind them of the Era of Ghana must go
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by maasoap(m): 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
SaintLucia:
And Peter Obi the Chinese man was telling us on AIT during the election campaign how Benin Republic and Ghana economy take better pass Nigeria. Na ordinary border closure exposed Peter Obi and his container economy.

Who was taking Obi seriously back then? Obi that had to use the state's money to breath life into his and his family business, a whopping 30 million dollars belonging to the residents of the state!
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by eeby1983(m): 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2019
Limitless72:

....and those ones that went to the UK, the US, Canada, Cyprus or SA to school also failed jamb too bah... Oga use your head,, the Nigerian educational system is trash. No person holding political office in Nigeria want their wards to school in Nigeria...

Even after you graduate from a Nigerian University with 7.0 GPA, First class,, you go still dey unemployed so what's the use, when your cert acquired from the varsities in Nigeria are trash outside the country.

You better beat your chest on the border closure,,,comot mind for education, you no go win that one
Na them.
Abeg no vex
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Originalsly: 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
wristbangle:

I was brainwashed into thinking that Alomo bitter is the best aphrodisiac for sexual rendezvous not knowing our local jedi-jedi performs more magic, even at very lower price when compared to Alomo. Go to Oyigbo market, just N100 collection will make u agile and last very long wink

Whatever ghana thinks they have and it's superior to our products, ours at reduced cost beat it hands down.

Who brainwashed you.... Ghanaians or fellow Nigerians? ...or is it you yourself... believing that anything from abroad is better? I can see your eyes are now wide open ... and mouth too.... shouting for all who have ears to hear... the borders should remain closed! Thumbs up to you!

@ topic.... I am wondering why the politicians from the affected countries keep lamenting about the economic effect... produce spoiling.... low sales of cloth etc..... and claiming they are working hard to get the border reopened. To date I.heard not one of them advise the affected to find market within their country and encourage their citizens to patronize them. We are made to eat local pretty much by force...... why can't they? Must it be Nigerians only to buy or consume their products? Three months... and they are still waiting... suffering... and lamenting. Now I wonder which is not so bad.....suffer and smile....or suffer and lament?
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
madridsta007:
[s][/s]

You think I am Ghanian abi? cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Ghana GDP growth rate: 8.5% annual change ‎(2017), Population of 28.83 million
Nigeria GDP growth rate: 0.8% annual change ‎(2017), Population of 190.9 million.

Yet ignorant and delusional Nigerians are still on their chest-beating spectacle. SMH. undecided
You are gullible ....why is Ghanaian crying if Nigerian is not that important and also ur coconut head forget that Nigerian is still the largest economic in the region in terms of GDP
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by madridsta007(m): 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
Jesse25:

You are gullible ....why is Ghanaian crying if Nigerian is not that important and also ur coconut head forget that Nigerian is still the largest economic in the region in terms of GDP

Ghana is “crying” because the border closure is hurting their economy. And this is common sense. Nigeria happily moved from a 6.3% GDP growth to one of recession and World’s Capital of Poverty. Very happily, I must stress.

Ghana does not want to move from a 8.5% GDP growth to a 0.8% like Nigeria. And they are trying to get the border— their main market— opened. They are not foolishly beating their chests and claiming “giant”— because that is foolish.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Limitless72(m): 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
colestephan86:

Hello !
Think before you talk
So u don't show proof that you can do well before u goto schools in Canada and the likes, where u told that they don't written proof exams before u go there, you must pass your core subjects before u are admitted in those schools .
What proof exams do they write in Benin tell me o.

With your grammatical incoherence and blunders I believe you graduated from one of those top universities in Nigeria.... that's not my business though

See brother all those universities in the UK, US or Canada aren't programmed stringently to make you fail. Once your money dey your hand you would be offered admission to anyone of your choice....

...I'm not saying there aren't blockheads or dullards in universities in Benin republic but there are still some universities that are worth their salt.. eg IRGIB AFRICA UNIVERSITY,, ask anyone who studied there about the school's standard, their student(s) would come to Nigerian universities and still go head-to-head with first class student(s).....no joke!!

To enter school for naija nah Gold and after you finish no job... lolz,,there isn't pride in that shit
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by hebronwebs(m): 3:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
Why is it that the border closure is Not affecting South Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Limitless72(m): 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2019
eeby1983:
Na them.
Abeg no vex

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....
Brotherly this one burst ma head...
Honestly naija entry procedures can be annoying..
I have a friend that wanted to study medicine and surgery,,she wrote jamb like thrice and wasn't offered admission even after scoring high oooooo...
The next year her popsi put her for airplane to China,, she was offered admission,,,now she don graduate,, she don go continue here career for US now...

Naija go waste your time,, when you manage enter n graduate dem no go gree give you job...Naija universities are for the poor oooo,, if you get money sef with your 200 you go get admission all you need nah to pay for slot..

Baba mey God bless the work of our hands so we go fit give our pikin the best education money can afford
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by colestephan86: 3:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
Limitless72:

With your grammatical incoherence and blunders I believe you graduated from one of those top universities in Nigeria.... that's not my business though

See brother all those universities in the UK, US or Canada aren't programmed stringently to make you fail. Once your money dey your hand you would be offered admission to anyone of your choice....

...I'm not saying there aren't blockheads or dullards in universities in Benin republic but there are still some universities that are worth their salt.. eg IRGIB AFRICA UNIVERSITY,, ask anyone who studied there about the school's standard, their student(s) would come to Nigerian universities and still go head-to-head with first class student(s).....no joke!!

To enter school for naija nah Gold and after you finish no job... lolz,,there isn't pride in that shit
So Mr grammatical coherence didn't even graduate in UK or USA.
Oponu agba. I'm sure if u are told to come proof what you studied in school, na zero.
Trash!
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Zooposki(f): 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
madridsta007:

Ghana is “crying” because the border closure is hurting their economy. And this is common sense. Nigeria happily moved from a 6.3% GDP growth to one of recession and World’s Capital of Poverty. Very happily, I must stress.

Ghana does not want to move from a 8.5% GDP growth to a 0.8% like Nigeria. And they are trying to get the border— their main market— opened. They are not foolishly beating their chests and claiming “giant”— because that is foolish.

How can their main market be the world’s capital of poverty. I suggest they do business with rich countries henceforth. I don’t think the world’s capital of poverty can help them. They are richer than us.
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by madridsta007(m): 4:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
Zooposki:

How can their main market be the world’s capital of poverty. I suggest they do business with rich countries henceforth. I don’t think the world’s capital of poverty can help them. They are richer than us.

The DR Congo is a cesspit of war, strife, rape and tribal wars, yet companies and countries do "business" with them. There are billions of cellphones in the world, and all of these gadgets work because of a conflict mineral known as coltan. Chiefly mined in the DR Congo.

The World's Capital of Poverty (thanks to Buhari) is still the World's Capital of Poverty and other countries will want to mine and do business with it. That is just how Capitalism works.
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by lukui: 4:57pm On Nov 17, 2019
I won't say anything,
JUST LISTEN TO "WHAT DEY GO ON" BY SHATTAWALE!!
#goodevening
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Zooposki(f): 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
madridsta007:

The DR Congo is a cesspit of war, strife, rape and tribal wars, yet companies and countries do "business" with them. There are billions of cellphones in the world, and all of these gadgets work because of a conflict mineral known as coltan. Chiefly mined in the DR Congo.

The World's Capital of Poverty (thanks to Buhari) is still the World's Capital of Poverty and other countries will want to mine and do business with it. That is just how Capitalism works.

We are talking of Consumer spending power. We are the worlds poverty capital, therefore no money to spend. You guys should look for other countries that are not the worlds poverty capital to sell your goods. We are in recession according to you, so no money to spend. Your country is doing better, 8% vs 0.2%. Let your country men buy your goods. We in Nigeria do not have the money. Our borders remain closed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Legendguru: 5:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
Why
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by GENEGIRIA: 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
NONSENSE FAKE NEWS grin grin grin I live in Accra and can tell you mudder fuggerz that most Ghanaians don't even know nigeria has closed its borders. some pathetic mudder fuggerz are having double orgasm over this piece of stvpid fake news grin grin grin grin grin

[s]
Greennotes:

https://www.graphic.com.gh/business/business-news/local-businesses-buckle-under-nigeria-border-closure.html
[/s]
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by leokid866: 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2019
Zooposki:

We are talking of Consumer spending power. We are the worlds poverty capital, therefore no money to spend. You guys should look for other countries that are not the worlds poverty capital to sell your goods. We are in recession according to you, so no money to spend. Your country is doing better, 8% vs 0.2%. Let your country men buy your goods. We in Nigeria do not have the money. Our borders remain closed.

Even Dangote still dey find Money.
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by goldmatrix(m): 5:52pm On Nov 17, 2019
24kmagic:
Almost all the people above me are rejoicing over this news, and I wonder why?

Na Ghana problem Una want use take console Una selves? Face your own problems abeg.

The only asset Nigeria has in the eyes of the international community is her population, which ironically is a big liability to us.

You guys are indirectly rejoicing over our own problems, cos I doubt if Ghana will be so keen on doing business with 9ja if not for our population, again, something that is a liability to us.

I don't care what happens in Ghana, I care what happens here.

The border has been closed for some few weeks now and it didn't in any way bettered the life of the common man on the street.
I'm not for or against the boarder closure, I'm just after what will benefit ordinary Nigerian.

We as a country are useless, hopeless and absolutely backward.

You speak with no sense of adventure or arithmetics, so you think the borders are all closed because the hinges holding the borders' doors all got bad and the doors fell back? Do you think the doors are closed against the Ghanaians alone.

Your government said.
1. Nigeria "Subsidized" petroleum products are all over neighbouring countries.
2. 80% of goods crossing the border to Nigeria are unaccounted for interms of tax, country of origin, and originality.
3. Arm polifiration at its peak
4. Locally produced products are suppressed.

These are some of the reasons and the government is right..

Remember foreign rice have been band for a long time now. But they are more in the market than local rice.. How comes?

Thailand government before now said "though Thai rice is band in Nigeria, Nigeria still has the highest bags of Thai rice in circulation because they love Thai rice"

Ask yourself where are they coming in through?
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Limitless72(m): 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2019
colestephan86:

So Mr grammatical coherence didn't even graduate in UK or USA.
Oponu agba. I'm sure if u are told to come proof what you studied in school, na zero.
Trash!

I no go follow you dish insults...
Its of no use,,
and I go defend weytin I study anywhere, even in my sleep... So grow up oga
Mey everybody go hustle
I'm sure you're one of those miscreants in nairaland that comes begging for 5k after graduating 7 yrs ago without a job....

if you mention me again ,,
Ogun go visit you
dey your lane
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by colestephan86: 11:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
Limitless72:

I no go follow you dish insults...
Its of no use,,
and I go defend weytin I study anywhere, even in my sleep... So grow up oga
Mey everybody go hustle
I'm sure you're one of those miscreants in nairaland that comes begging for 5k after graduating 7 yrs ago without a job....

if you mention me again ,,
Ogun go visit you
dey your lane
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by JonDon12: 11:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
All these my Fellow Nigerians beating their empty chest on this border closure should be asking themselves one question, Why are these countries producing things better than us. Another thing. This will only make them stronger and make us weaker. Competition is what sharpens your business edge. Nigeria I weep for Thee. Sad country, Miserable people dancing in glee on their neighbors misfortune. HOPELESS PEOPLE. Nigeria has no future. GIve Us Biafra
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by JonDon12: 11:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
goldmatrix:

You speak with no sense of adventure or arithmetics, so you think the borders are all closed because the hinges holding the borders' doors all got bad and the doors fell back? Do you think the doors are closed against the Ghanaians alone.

Your government said.
1. Nigeria "Subsidized" petroleum products are all over neighbouring countries.
2. 80% of goods crossing the border to Nigeria are unaccounted for interms of tax, country of origin, and originality.
3. Arm polifiration at its peak
4. Locally produced products are suppressed.

These are some of the reasons and the government is right..

Remember foreign rice have been band for a long time now. But they are more in the market than local rice.. How comes?

Thailand government before now said "though Thai rice is band in Nigeria, Nigeria still has the highest bags of Thai rice in circulation because they love Thai rice"

Ask yourself where are they coming in through?

You can't even spell banned.. Dem ban spelling for ur school
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by executive12: 7:48am On Nov 18, 2019
And you fools were busy attacking Nigerian owned shops. Ghanaians need to be taught a lesson.
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
Area4Area:
They were saying all that and more thinking that would scare Nigeria into reopening the border but not knowing that Nigeria had sealed her mind.

They can't find any other markets for their crappy goods and that's why they are still crying.
I'm waiting for one of them..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun / Uche Ogbuagu: Why I Dumped Ihedioha, PDP For APC / Bakura Modu 'Sahaba': Boko Haram Gets New Commander After Shekau’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.